Zero To 0-6 In 15Sec

126 replies to this topic

#41 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 03:46 PM

Unfortunately draiocht has no more authority on the subject than you or I.

If you have anything from someone who actually works for PGI, or evidence of any disciplinary action I'd very much like to see it.

#42 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 10 March 2020 - 03:48 PM

View PostBrauer, on 10 March 2020 - 03:42 PM, said:

Draiocht is hardly any authoritative source on the matter. If you can quote a community manager, dev, or someone like that you'd actually have a decent source.

Again, if this was such a violation they'd have to put most of the game's streamers on notice, and they have not.

View PostBlaizerP, on 10 March 2020 - 03:46 PM, said:

If you have anything from someone who actually works for PGI, or evidence of any disciplinary action I'd very much like to see it.

Did you guys seriously just claim "fake news"?
Posted Image
That's it.
I'm out.

Edited by HammerMaster, 10 March 2020 - 04:01 PM.

#43 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 10 March 2020 - 03:54 PM

View PostBrauer, on 10 March 2020 - 03:42 PM, said:

Draiocht is hardly any authoritative source on the matter. If you can quote a community manager, dev, or someone like that you'd actually have a decent source.

View PostBlaizerP, on 10 March 2020 - 03:46 PM, said:

If you have anything from someone who actually works for PGI, or evidence of any disciplinary action I'd very much like to see it. [Discussing moderation or other disciplinary actions taken against yourself or other players, whether in-game or on the forums, is forbidden]

Draiocht was acting under the authority of PGI when he posted that, if you want to appeal to overrule his decision, you can do that.

You can contact Russ on Twitter.

#44 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 04:47 PM

So no evidence for your claim then?

Ok.

#45 Gen Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 05:44 PM

At some point, if the player base has severely dwindled, and there are still some large units playing, would it be considered an exploit if the only games they can reliably find are in Quick Play? There's nothing that says they HAVE to play in Group Que or Faction Play, and there's nothing saying that they aren't allowed to play in QP. If you feel like reporting them because a few people in the same unit end up in the same game, and start doing that every time it happens, I'd say you must have nothing better to do with your time. Also, I seriously doubt PGI cares enough about this game to start doling out punishments for people in the same units being forced into the same drops due to the lack of players.

#46 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,065 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 10 March 2020 - 06:44 PM

View PostGen Lee, on 10 March 2020 - 05:44 PM, said:

At some point, if the player base has severely dwindled, and there are still some large units playing, would it be considered an exploit if the only games they can reliably find are in Quick Play? There's nothing that says they HAVE to play in Group Que or Faction Play, and there's nothing saying that they aren't allowed to play in QP. If you feel like reporting them because a few people in the same unit end up in the same game, and start doing that every time it happens, I'd say you must have nothing better to do with your time. Also, I seriously doubt PGI cares enough about this game to start doling out punishments for people in the same units being forced into the same drops due to the lack of players.

Already happening. Even in a unit of just 20 members I've had the game put unit members on the other side more than it does on the same side.

#47 Gen Lee

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 232 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 08:19 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 10 March 2020 - 06:44 PM, said:

Already happening. Even in a unit of just 20 members I've had the game put unit members on the other side more than it does on the same side.

I was pretty much just offering a scenario in which sync dropping becomes inevitable no matter what, which is pretty much what we are already dealing with. If PGI were to start punishing players for that, they'd may as well just shut the servers down altogether, which isn't what anyone wants.

#48 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,065 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 11 March 2020 - 09:03 AM

View PostGen Lee, on 10 March 2020 - 08:19 PM, said:

I was pretty much just offering a scenario in which sync dropping becomes inevitable no matter what, which is pretty much what we are already dealing with. If PGI were to start punishing players for that, they'd may as well just shut the servers down altogether, which isn't what anyone wants.

They should punish intentional sync dropping but when you have people on in the same unit not in a group but just playing solo who just happen to hit launch at the same time pgi really can't do any thing about that. Population is so low you end up seeing people on your banned list on the opposing team. I should have screen shot-ed it but was too ticked to bother. Played that match then went to a different game.

#49 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 11 March 2020 - 10:43 AM

View PostJediPanther, on 11 March 2020 - 09:03 AM, said:

They should punish intentional sync dropping but when you have people on in the same unit not in a group but just playing solo who just happen to hit launch at the same time pgi really can't do any thing about that.

It's also very difficult to detect the difference short of running spyware and listening in on other applications ie. team speak.

Best they could do is add a random timer server-side that silently counts down before placing you in the actual matchmaker queue. To the player it all looks the same, but you need a longer timer the lower the population, which would drive more players away..... leading to longer queue times...... necessitating a longer timer..... driving players away.....

Population is so low you end up seeing people on your banned list on the opposing team.

Which compounds the difficulty in telling between accidental and deliberate.

There's a banned list? I thought the only thing we had was a block list which only applied to chat/voip.

#50 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 11 March 2020 - 10:45 AM

They should punish intentional sync dropping but when you have people on in the same unit not in a group but just playing solo who just happen to hit launch at the same time pgi really can't do any thing about that. Population is so low you end up seeing people on your banned list on the opposing team. I should have screen shot-ed it but was too ticked to bother. Played that match then went to a different game.

Like these pukes? (edited for name and shame)

Posted Image

Edited by HammerMaster, 11 March 2020 - 12:30 PM.

#51 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 11:32 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 11 March 2020 - 10:43 AM, said:

It's also very difficult to detect the difference short of running spyware and listening in on other applications ie. team speak.

Best they could do is add a random timer server-side that silently counts down before placing you in the actual matchmaker queue. To the player it all looks the same, but you need a longer timer the lower the population, which would drive more players away..... leading to longer queue times...... necessitating a longer timer..... driving players away.....

Streamers/unit members/griefers/whoever sync drop on a signal. That signal when given through stream/voice comm/whatever travels from point to point through the Information Superhighway within 300-500 ms (estimated maximum user ping, is mostly less but WTH). The probability of more than, say, three or four, much less a dozen people hitting the green button WITHIN HALF A SECOND by accident is hardly justifiable with our kind of pop count, thus the matchmaker can safely queue all the extra people for different matches, even if it takes another half a minute. More players, less wait times either way.

#52 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 11 March 2020 - 12:00 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 11 March 2020 - 10:45 AM, said:

Like these guys? (edited for name and shame)

Posted Image

If you ever notice this sort of thing hit company command right away and split them between as many lances as possible. You'll notice they did the same and grouped themselves in the same lance for easier in game identification (Green instead of blue markers).

Well, except the one on blue team... he was red to the the bulk.

#53 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 11 March 2020 - 04:19 PM

Meh.
Can wander off for a few minutes at the moment and then come back and hit search and end up in the same game.
When the same people appear in the every game or every second game and there is a 5 minute wait in QP.... it's going to look like it was organised.
Generally in my experience it's a bunch of players who are online having a chat and just encouraging others to jump in and play because they are having fun and want the other players to join in. Typically these players are in the same unit because that was an easy way to identify and get groups together because they are online at the same time.
The chance of trying to meta game for an advantage is not the intention and given the random assignment across the two teams you can't co-ordinate it for all players so it becomes more of a "Ha! you're on the other team and I'm going to try and get you" scenario.
Yes there will be communications going on, but when that's on both side of the fence where is the advantage?

#54 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,065 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 16 March 2020 - 01:06 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 11 March 2020 - 10:43 AM, said:

There's a banned list? I thought the only thing we had was a block list which only applied to chat/voip.

Yes you have a block player option. It does pretty much as you've said. No communication from that player. You won't be forced to play a match with that player on your team but the game has no problem putting that player on the opposing team. If it were a true ban list you'd not have any interaction of that player.

#55 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 March 2020 - 02:39 PM

View PostJediPanther, on 16 March 2020 - 01:06 PM, said:

Yes you have a block player option. It does pretty much as you've said. No communication from that player. You won't be forced to play a match with that player on your team but the game has no problem putting that player on the opposing team. If it were a true ban list you'd not have any interaction of that player.

And more misinformation.

Blocking a player will NOT stop them from being on your team. That is an absolute fallacy.

The block feature is not a BAN list. It is a BLOCK.

#56 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 19 March 2020 - 02:45 PM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 19 March 2020 - 02:39 PM, said:

And more misinformation.

Blocking a player will NOT stop them from being on your team. That is an absolute fallacy.

The block feature is not a BAN list. It is a BLOCK.

lmfao, can you imagine if it did? All the vellrons and such would have a 1000 player ban list and wouldn't be able to get into games at all, ahaha

#57 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 March 2020 - 04:55 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 19 March 2020 - 02:45 PM, said:

lmfao, can you imagine if it did? All the vellrons and such would have a 1000 player ban list and wouldn't be able to get into games at all, ahaha

ROFL!!!!!! Yep, exactly.

The section of the community that has extreme sensitivity would never find a match. I mean that might actually be a good thing for everyone else? Would stop them spamming the biggest SJW reports at least and then maybe lend them to rethinking their position? bah... who am I kidding.

Anyway even the most basic of common sense would tell you BLOCKING a person would not stop them from being in your game...

#58 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,880 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 19 March 2020 - 06:22 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 11 March 2020 - 10:45 AM, said:

Like these pukes? (edited for name and shame)

Posted Image

Do you people even Jarls? Players of this caliber dropping together are no threat to your precious stats, or whatever you are worried about, an that screen shot ought to make that clear. ffs They might get a win occasionally but it isn't the norm.

Edited by Bud Crue, 19 March 2020 - 06:25 PM.

#59 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 19 March 2020 - 06:28 PM

How do you prove intent?

I look forward to the answer to that lol...

I'm sure it'll be as equally clueless and ridden with fallacies just like everything else you say.

#60 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 07:15 PM

I'll save everyone the trouble.

I sync drop, regularly. Do it in stream all the time. There's your evidence.

Report me.

If im still in your games, then i guess that's just one more dumb goofy myth these below average intelligence dorks can cross off their list to complain about.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users