#41 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 11 March 2020 - 07:26 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 11 March 2020 - 05:29 AM, said:

I wouldn't mind that but they are charging money for it....

Deus Ex : Revision ... THAT is an excellent e.g., of what a remaster should be like and it's free if you own the Deus Ex GOTY edition. Why is Black Mesa not free?

Uh oh. Did someone mention Deus Ex?

I... Feel like reinstalling it. For some reason.

I actually never did finish Mankind Divided.

#42 n00biwan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomerset, UK...

Posted 11 March 2020 - 10:09 AM

Deux Ex... the first D.Ex has fond memories...

Was thinking, with all the free PC content(games from EGS, steam, humble, ftp titles) you'd think devs in general would try harder to get your money. You can spend a week or 3 getting the fun out of any one of them and move on without spending a penny if you don't want to.

I've spent more money on my son's Xbox games and damned battle passes than on myself recently, PC games have to earn your money, consoles demand it because of all that business (litterally) you were discussing above. :D

#43 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:20 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 10 March 2020 - 08:42 PM, said:

It's only a matter of time before MW5 will have Mech Commander and other Mechwarrior games ported over.

Better yet, port MWLL, just to twist the knife Posted Image

#44 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:39 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 11 March 2020 - 01:20 PM, said:

Better yet, port MWLL, just to twist the knife Posted Image

I like that thought, but this particular knife still ain´t dulled afaik ;)
... and it still sticks :)

#45 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 11 March 2020 - 01:48 PM

View PostB0oN, on 11 March 2020 - 01:39 PM, said:

I like that thought, but this particular knife still ain´t dulled afaik Posted Image
... and it still sticks Posted Image

How about MechAssault.... dull enough?

#46 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 11 March 2020 - 06:52 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 11 March 2020 - 07:26 AM, said:

Uh oh. Did someone mention Deus Ex?

I... Feel like reinstalling it. For some reason.

I actually never did finish Mankind Divided.

If you have the GOTY edition on Steam, you can install Revision with one click. I played through that mod and it is fantastic. There are so many changes to the level design and enemy placements which makes it like a whole new playthrough. Plus you can pick different modules from many different modules like Shifter.

#47 B0oN

• 2,870 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 01:47 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 11 March 2020 - 01:48 PM, said:

How about MechAssault.... dull enough?

Never played that, so cant comment :)

#48 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 12 March 2020 - 02:34 PM

View PostB0oN, on 12 March 2020 - 01:47 PM, said:

Never played that, so cant comment Posted Image

Well it wasn't dull, it was most certainly fun.

The problem is it was made for the console crowd and took liberties with the setting.

Gone were the hardcore/sim controls,
Gone was the weapons lab,
Gone was location based armour/damage,

Instead you had:
Faster gameplay,
Partial auto-aim,
Mechs exploding on death,
Dead enemies dropping armour/weapon power-ups

Additionally:
MA1 gave us the Ragnarok, an assault mech with a "lava cannon" and shield. An assault mech with a new type of weapon and intermittent shield. Many took it as an insult but personally I saw it no worse than the introduction of clan tech.

MA2 gave us:
The ability to get out your mech, run around and get stepped on, player controlled turrets, tanks, battle armour, and an aircraft you could us to carry battle armour and drop power ups for friendlies.
The ability to hack enemy mechs forcing their pilot to eject so you could steal it.
A GIANT SPIDERMECH, basically a super heavy quad.

There's also some dudes working on a remake atm. Very alpha but at least it gives you a taste of what it was like.

https://wolvesgame.com/

#49 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 03:46 PM

Ha those PPCs look neat, maybe MWO should have had a charge mechanic for those instead of gauss rifles.

#50 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 12 March 2020 - 03:59 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 12 March 2020 - 03:46 PM, said:

Ha those PPCs look neat, maybe MWO should have had a charge mechanic for those instead of gauss rifles.

I've always said it's the PPC that should have charge, not gauss.

Gauss are always charged for the purpose of explosions.

PPC's weight less and have no ammo dependency. But require more skill to use.

#51 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 11:47 AM

Not just PPC, lasers also look better than what we have right now in a much more modern game. Good grief...

#52 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 13 March 2020 - 04:52 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 12 March 2020 - 03:59 PM, said:

I've always said it's the PPC that should have charge, not gauss.

The Goose Waffle got charge-up because it wasn't mechanically different enough compared to Autocannons. It was just an ER-AC/15 with no heat.

The Peeper does not need a charge-up because it is already very different from lasers being that it is a projectile weapon instead of hitscan.

#53 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,510 posts

Posted 13 March 2020 - 06:38 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 13 March 2020 - 11:47 AM, said:

Not just PPC, lasers also look better than what we have right now in a much more modern game. Good grief...

Naah. Lasers in that video look like projectile weapons, lasers should always be instant (for all intents and purposes) hit.

#54 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 13 March 2020 - 06:51 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 13 March 2020 - 06:38 PM, said:

Naah. Lasers in that video look like projectile weapons, lasers should always be instant (for all intents and purposes) hit.

Can confirm, Mechassault lasers were indeed weapons with travel time and visually looked like a plasma blast rather than a straight beam of light.

Weirdly enough, they also had the ability to curve in mid-air to track moving targets...somehow. Gauss and PPCs also had heatseaking capabilities...somehow.

#55 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 14 March 2020 - 12:03 AM

yesterday im tested the Final fantasy VII remake demo ...grafic perfect , the Gameplay a stupid Buttonpush Action orgy...its now more a RealTime Beat em Up ...most time im only in overviewless Stress and push wild Buttons like Tekken and not seeing the enemy by the cameraview...its not longer FF VII for me

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 14 March 2020 - 02:23 AM.

#56 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 03:48 AM

View PostFupDup, on 13 March 2020 - 06:51 PM, said:

Can confirm, Mechassault lasers were indeed weapons with travel time and visually looked like a plasma blast rather than a straight beam of light.

Weirdly enough, they also had the ability to curve in mid-air to track moving targets...somehow. Gauss and PPCs also had heatseaking capabilities...somehow.

Agree on the travel time, I was referring to graphics only. And on the account of guided PPC... it appears that the ball lightning actually IS guided by electrostatic potential of environment or its alterations. So if you see one, DO NOT quick-draw your phone to film it and just stand still if it is not close to you. If it is, there has been a case of safely whacking it away baseball-style with a metal object, but YMMW.

#57 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 14 March 2020 - 11:21 AM

View PostRickySpanish, on 13 March 2020 - 06:38 PM, said:

Are you trying to real life physics MWO?!

#58 Sniper09121986

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 03:32 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 14 March 2020 - 11:21 AM, said:

Are you trying to real life physics MWO?!

Now, one of BT's most attractive features is that it IS closer to real life than most anime mecha stuff. The only tech not reproducible IRL in some way is K-F hyperdrive and HPG that are intended more as plot devices, the rest, while decades away from production even with the breakneck pace of modern science, is quite feasible. Fusion reactors, mental controls and all other cyberaugmented whizzbangery are well in prototype phase already. So no, I do not think it is any stretch at all to apply laws of objective reality to BT universe. When I first watched Star Wars 5 in the age of eight or so, I already knew enough to be appalled by them waltzing right out of the Falcon in space vacuum in nothing more than gas masks.

#59 Anjian

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 14 March 2020 - 06:50 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 12 March 2020 - 02:34 PM, said:

Well it wasn't dull, it was most certainly fun.

The problem is it was made for the console crowd and took liberties with the setting.

Gone were the hardcore/sim controls,
Gone was the weapons lab,
Gone was location based armour/damage,

Instead you had:
Faster gameplay,
Partial auto-aim,
Mechs exploding on death,
Dead enemies dropping armour/weapon power-ups

Additionally:
MA1 gave us the Ragnarok, an assault mech with a "lava cannon" and shield. An assault mech with a new type of weapon and intermittent shield. Many took it as an insult but personally I saw it no worse than the introduction of clan tech.

MA2 gave us:
The ability to get out your mech, run around and get stepped on, player controlled turrets, tanks, battle armour, and an aircraft you could us to carry battle armour and drop power ups for friendlies.
The ability to hack enemy mechs forcing their pilot to eject so you could steal it.
A GIANT SPIDERMECH, basically a super heavy quad.

There's also some dudes working on a remake atm. Very alpha but at least it gives you a taste of what it was like.

https://wolvesgame.com/

Sounds fun, but you already have like three or four large mech games in mobile with similar mechanics (except using touch screen controls) and power abusive creep. Not saying they are not fun...they are, not to mention that at least one of them have proven to be deeply financial successful. But highly demanding on your wallet.

A modern Mechassault won't add anything new to what already has been threaded recently.

Nonetheless, the market is still open for more competition, particularly in the ever expanding mobile market. A new Mechassault needs to study and capitalize on the mistakes of such recent mech games, exploit their weaknesess and be sensitive to player response.

Edited by Anjian, 14 March 2020 - 06:52 PM.

#60 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 14 March 2020 - 08:36 PM

View PostInatu Elimor, on 04 March 2020 - 09:58 AM, said:

Lets keep it simple.
The programmers are nerds. We are nerds. If you are not a nerd you would not be still playing this game. Or you are stupid, so not being a nerd, playing this game, which makes my assumption invalid Posted Image

I wish I was a nerd. I would be in such a better financial position and in a much better spot if I had enough mental discipline to pursue a direct career path goal that I would thoroughly enjoy in life.

There are plenty of stupid people in MW:O that still play it. So that generic "black and white" statement doesn't have validity in MW:O, when there are plenty of room temperature IQ morons that still lurk this game and Nascar every match because that is what their simpleton brains are programmed to do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users