• LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 March 2020 - 01:04 AM

Direct Download: https://www.nexusmod...naries/mods/98/

#2 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 09 March 2020 - 01:39 AM

Hell yeah! navida1 listened to my idea! Posted Image <3 <3 <3

P.S.

How does one uninstall the old Navida1 HUD mod? Just remove the .pak file or overwrite with new one, or what?

Edited by Vellron2005, 09 March 2020 - 01:44 AM.

#3 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 01:54 AM

I think its better to delete the old file and then put in the new one, just to be sure.

Also think that mod is awesome. Realy like what he did here. I hope he can also bring back one element I liked abuot the HUD from the trailer and that was displaying the paperdoll of the target right beside the target instead of in the corner of the HUD. So you don't need to look away from the target to see where its damaged.

Alternatively I would like to have a toggle to display an overlay of the damaged parts like they did with one of the training missions where they tell you what parts to shoot at.

Edited by Nesutizale, 09 March 2020 - 01:55 AM.

#4 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 09 March 2020 - 02:00 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 09 March 2020 - 01:39 AM, said:

How does one uninstall the old Navida1 HUD mod? Just remove the .pak file or overwrite with new one, or what?

Sean answers your question later in the video Posted Image

Yeah, you delete the old .pak file and put this new one in there.

#5 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 02:02 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 09 March 2020 - 02:00 AM, said:

Sean answers your question later in the video Posted Image

Yeah, you delete the old .pak file and put this new one in there.

Oh, thanks to you and Sean.. Am at work now so can't listen to the sound..

Its amazing how much better the Mods are making this game..

Edited by Vellron2005, 09 March 2020 - 02:02 AM.

#6 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 09 March 2020 - 10:03 AM

Great work!

I proposed the design for the HUD in the 2016 demo - it's wonderful to see the basic principles resurrected in the mod. I feel somewhat vindicated.

Now I'm really wondering how those ideas work in practice, so if you're using this mod add your feedback here and/or to mod page.

I'd also like to hear how the experience changes over time once you get used to the weapon icons sitting in your peripheral vision.

Thanks!

#7 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 March 2020 - 04:15 PM

View PostDave Forsey, on 09 March 2020 - 10:03 AM, said:

Great work!

I proposed the design for the HUD in the 2016 demo - it's wonderful to see the basic principles resurrected in the mod. I feel somewhat vindicated.

Now I'm really wondering how those ideas work in practice, so if you're using this mod add your feedback here and/or to mod page.

I'd also like to hear how the experience changes over time once you get used to the weapon icons sitting in your peripheral vision.

Thanks!

I'll report back later, but I'll be using this HUD from here on out!

#8 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 09 March 2020 - 05:07 PM

I had a few quick games in MW5 using this mod. Although it is intuitive, it took a couple of games to getting used to and it was mainly due to how the layout is for MWO and MW5. But when I started homing in on the weapon icons flashing and where they're located based on my loadout, it felt really good.

#9 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 10 March 2020 - 12:53 AM

I finally tired it myself yesterday and loved it.. but I find it very counter-intuitive in it's paperdoll placement and the color of the paperdolls is too dark for me.. Gonna take some getting used to

Also, I discovered (and reported) a major bug that makes my lancemate controls, advanced zoom, and nav point icons disappear or become inaccessible at the start of EVERY mission, so I have to reload and they all come back to normal..

The glow effect is also subject to the biome you're on.. some more temperate biomes show almost no glow.. The darker the biome, the more expressed the glow..

Some glow amount control would be helpful.

All in all.. absolutely love this mod, but am hoping for updates.

#10 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 March 2020 - 03:52 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 10 March 2020 - 12:53 AM, said:

I finally tired it myself yesterday and loved it.. but I find it very counter-intuitive in it's paperdoll placement and the color of the paperdolls is too dark for me.. Gonna take some getting used to

Also, I discovered (and reported) a major bug that makes my lancemate controls, advanced zoom, and nav point icons disappear or become inaccessible at the start of EVERY mission, so I have to reload and they all come back to normal..

The glow effect is also subject to the biome you're on.. some more temperate biomes show almost no glow.. The darker the biome, the more expressed the glow..

Some glow amount control would be helpful.

All in all.. absolutely love this mod, but am hoping for updates.

Yeah make sure to report those things via nexus to Navid directly, I know he wants to clean up anything like what you posted before moving onto his next mods!

#11 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 02:46 AM

View PostSean Lang, on 10 March 2020 - 03:52 AM, said:

Yeah make sure to report those things via nexus to Navid directly, I know he wants to clean up anything like what you posted before moving onto his next mods!

I did report all of it in the bug report option.. Hope he makes it all work, cose' the mod is awesome!

#12 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 03:00 AM

Great work!

Thanks!

Visually speaking, Your original design launched the HUD visuals into the 31. century for me. It made it look modern regardless it being in a 500yo mech.

Navida1's mod brought back some of that, although I would still very much prefer your original design made it into the game at launch.

So far, the mod made me feel like it's counter-intuitive in good measure, not because of the weapons in the peripheral vision, but because the pilot's paperdoll is on the right instead of the left, and the target paperdoll is low left instead of high right.

I would very much like the positions of the paperdolls to be switched at the least, as I instinctively search for my own mech's damage on the low left.

Also, I preferred your 3D paperdolls by far.. They look waaay better and brought that modern-but-ancient feeling home. Navida1's paperdolls are also a bit too dark, it's hard to read them until you take damage.

Also, the mini-map is a bit too isometric for me.. it would be better if it was brought back up a bit, not too far, just a bit. (Like in Navida1's Enhanced Hud mod)

Also, I would prefer if the HUD lines were removed while in 3rd person view. Mini map and other data should remain, but the HUD lines should be removed, as they block the view, and if you're using a 3rd person drone like in MWO, it doesn't make sense to keep them.

Lastly, mission parameters are also counter-intuitively placed on the right instead of the left, and that takes some getting used to.

As for the things I love about Navida1's mod, I am pleasantly sent down memory lane when I see the weapon icons very similar to previous MW games (3, 4, 4 mercs). This is very evident with PPC and Gauss icons, which are.. well.. iconic Posted Image

I also love the overall visuals and the slight glow effect (which I would like to be able to control myself), and I LOVE the ability to change color.

Also, the Advanced Zoom function is something that I can't believe was not included in the original game release.. Navida1 fixed PGI's slip-up there..

All in all, I truly do love Navida1's mod, but if your original HUD design would make a comeback (with added advanced zoom and color selection), i would welcome it.

Thank you for your work.

Edited by Vellron2005, 11 March 2020 - 03:08 AM.

#13 N0MAD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,757 posts

Posted 11 March 2020 - 11:34 PM

Looks ok i suppose, we all have different tastes in visuals.
I dont use it tho, i have a 32 inch monitor, with all the info spread all over the screen its alot of eye travel from one display to another when i would rather be concentrating on whats going on. Much prefer to have as much relevant info in a suitable small area generally at bottom of screen for quick glances.

#14 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 12 March 2020 - 03:26 AM

I will test this when the "free career" patch comes.

#15 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 07 April 2020 - 12:19 PM

I cannot get this mod to work. I got the rescale one to work and love it.

#16 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 07 April 2020 - 05:40 PM

Maybe the Speed and Heat bar can be placed on each side of the HUD while all of the weapon icons can be placed in the bottom-centre just above the minimap, arranged in a way that shows where each weapon is located, i.e., leftmost as LA to rightmost as RA and everything in between in that order. Something to think about.

#17 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 14 May 2020 - 10:13 PM

Great work!

Thanks!

It's been years since I've done anything Mechwarrior related. I bought the Mw5 prepurchase a while ago. Once I got the game, I saw the hud, and I just couldn't play it. Why was release such a huge downgrade?! I was really hoping for something futuristic and advanced, but wow. Why?!

I'm excited to give this Mod a try for the very reason that it is precisely NOT what we have right now. I liked your original idea. We need more of that originality back... such a shame, man.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users