Tabletoprulez_Ai Mod Is Now Updated

14 replies to this topic

#1 Oraeon1224

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 08:55 PM

The newest version of the AI mod is now available on Nexus Mods. It was a pain in the rear to get to work but now seems to be working. The new mod system is finicky so no promises it is perfect.

#2 carl kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMoon Base Alpha

Posted 03 April 2020 - 05:06 AM

View PostOraeon1224, on 02 April 2020 - 08:55 PM, said:

The newest version of the AI mod is now available on Nexus Mods. It was a pain in the rear to get to work but now seems to be working. The new mod system is finicky so no promises it is perfect.

Running it now. Fantastic mod. Looking forward to more updates to the AI especially lancemates. Thank you

#3 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 04 April 2020 - 04:33 PM

View PostOraeon1224, on 02 April 2020 - 08:55 PM, said:

Here is a link for the mod (it's helpful): https://www.nexusmod...naries/mods/104

#4 Oraeon1224

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 10 April 2020 - 12:38 PM

Version 1.1 now uploaded to nexus mods.

[color=#C4C4C4]NEW VERSION 1.1 is now up with significant improvements in AI behavior. I now have the AI be more aggressive if allies are near. Logic is now up to almost 200 nodes for just Hit and Run. I set the ally sensor range at 700. I am concerned given the arc of an engagement may be longer that this is too short. If you still believe the AI is too timid please post. I may extend the Ally sensor out to 1400m. [/color]

#5 carl kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMoon Base Alpha

Posted 10 April 2020 - 05:19 PM

View PostOraeon1224, on 10 April 2020 - 12:38 PM, said:

Version 1.1 now uploaded to nexus mods.

[color=#C4C4C4]NEW VERSION 1.1 is now up with significant improvements in AI behavior. I now have the AI be more aggressive if allies are near. Logic is now up to almost 200 nodes for just Hit and Run. I set the ally sensor range at 700. I am concerned given the arc of an engagement may be longer that this is too short. If you still believe the AI is too timid please post. I may extend the Ally sensor out to 1400m. [/color]

Thank you for all your hard work into this. Been running 1.0 . What a difference it makes on how those light mechs engage you. Just installed the new one. I will try it out.

#6 Oraeon1224

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 06:09 PM

Version 2.0 of my AI mod is now up on Nexus Mods. Adds new AI to ranged combat behaviors. All weights now use jumpjets.

https://www.nexusmod...naries/mods/104

#7 Oraeon1224

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 08:56 AM

2.0 had an error. 2.1 has now fixed this. Apologies to anyone who downloaded 2.0.

#8 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 16 April 2020 - 07:49 AM

I installed a few mods and started a new game to check them out. I completed the initial parts of the campaign until the point where I can name my unit. The fight with the Spider was fantastic! I mean, it posed no threat 'cause it's a Spider but the way it flew around was great to see. I nailed its leg as it flew between two hills and then I farmed it. I'm eagerly looking forward to what else you conjure up Posted Image

#9 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 16 April 2020 - 09:48 AM

I've played a few more missions and it seems like every mech is able to jump now, even Centurions, Locusts, Fleas, etc., Basically, it doesn't matter if it's my lance-mates or the enemies, as long as it's an AI controlled mech, they seem to be able to jump.

Another thing (I couldn't take a screenshot quick enough) that I noticed was a Locust that was jumping around had its joints stretched in such a way that none of the mech's components were connected until it landed back on the ground. It looked very weird.... and scary.

#10 Tsarsa Lyra

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 05:11 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 16 April 2020 - 09:48 AM, said:

I've played a few more missions and it seems like every mech is able to jump now, even Centurions, Locusts, Fleas, etc., Basically, it doesn't matter if it's my lance-mates or the enemies, as long as it's an AI controlled mech, they seem to be able to jump.

Another thing (I couldn't take a screenshot quick enough) that I noticed was a Locust that was jumping around had its joints stretched in such a way that none of the mech's components were connected until it landed back on the ground. It looked very weird.... and scary.

What other mods are you running? It sounds like you have a conflict. Two mods that touch the same files can cause stuff like that.

#11 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 17 April 2020 - 07:01 AM

Yet Another Mech
TT Rulez
Additonal Loadouts
Clan and IS weapons pack
Paint Scheme
3D HUD
Paint Style saving
Improved lasers
Mech rescale

Is it 'cause the Mech rescale adds IK?

#12 Tsarsa Lyra

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 07:33 AM

If I remember correctly from discord the person that made Yet Another Mech said that it conflicts with rescale. So I think that's probably the problem. Try pulling one or the other and see if that fixes it. Good news is that the problem probably isn't caused by the AI mod.

Edit: Scratch that, it looks like YAM is compatible from what he says on his Nexus page. You should just test each mod one by one until the problem goes away.

Edited by Tsarsa Lyra, 17 April 2020 - 08:34 AM.

#13 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,870 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 17 April 2020 - 09:11 AM

I don't mind the issue, honestly, but I'll do as you say and see if I can pinpoint what the real cause is. My real problem is making the Clan weapons to appear in-game. I check the mod's page and read that the game's mod organiser is causing the issue while previously, installing it as a .pak was perfectly fine. Anyway, that's a different thing entirely. Cheers.

#14 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 28 April 2020 - 04:48 AM

View PostOraeon1224, on 13 April 2020 - 06:09 PM, said:

Version 2.0 of my AI mod is now up on Nexus Mods. Adds new AI to ranged combat behaviors. All weights now use jumpjets.

https://www.nexusmod...naries/mods/104

Do all AI mechs jump or only those actually equipped with jump jets?

#15 Oraeon1224

• PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 08 May 2020 - 08:29 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 16 April 2020 - 09:48 AM, said:

It was a flea not a locust you saw. There is a defect with its model that it stretches when it jumps. Its not really my mod but a modeling error. I can't fix that one unfortunately.

Tabletop AI Mod version 4.0 is out. Adds new behavior for the AI sensing how damaged its enemy is and becoming more aggressive when they are almost cored. Light mechs also now try to focus on light mechs or heavily damaged Heavy or assault mechs. Finally AI will now flee when about to die or eject if they are light, heavily damaged, and legged.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users