Posted Image

#42 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 06:47 PM

View PostSniper09121986, on 11 April 2020 - 11:47 AM, said:

Sure, because you can dumb-fire them. Holding locks is for the streaks.

when you are riding that optimal distance as close to 120 as you dare go without being bum rushed, you usually dont have time to get locks. and if you do get locks its because the other guy screwed up by not hitting r to figure out im firing atms and not lrms and forgets to bum rush. i dont understand why atms are as effective as they are or why i rarely get bum rushed, as they are more likely to die running away that they would if they just pressed into my 120m min range, but hey if people want to give me free kills im all for that.

#43 Nearly Dead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 274 posts

Posted 11 April 2020 - 06:51 PM

Spent all day LRMing in my Quarantine. Horrible matches and great matches. It wasn't the LRMs, it was the teams. Or herds in many cases.

Some matches are like 12 alley cats attacking 12 baby ducks. You could give the baby ducks 32,000 ton Bolo MK-XXXIIIs capable of taking out dropships in orbit and the cats would still have to clean up the feathers afterwards.

#44 Sniper09121986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2,161 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 07:57 AM

View PostNearly Dead, on 11 April 2020 - 06:51 PM, said:

32,000 ton Bolo MK-XXXIIIs capable of taking out dropships in orbit

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Rattler

#45 Hellbringer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Point Commander
  • 177 posts
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 12 April 2020 - 05:11 PM

Had some salty enemy peeps on faction today complaining about “lurmtards” on how we shouldn’t bring lurms on attack. Pretty hilarious.

#46 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 333 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 09:55 PM

Ok, dont get me wrong, there are LMR's and there are LURMR's. Difference between the 2?

The LMR will stay with the group, have a fair backup weapon w/o ammo (ie: lasers), and while LRM'ing, watch the flanks.

The LURM'r is the one without engines, backup weapons, and or sit back in the drop zone, then holler for help...

#47 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 11:39 PM

oooh backup weapons, scary. don't wannna get blapped by an assault with a few medium lasers and an lmg.

Edited by thievingmagpi, 12 April 2020 - 11:39 PM.

#48 Ignatius Audene

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,179 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 12:47 AM

View PostHellbringer, on 12 April 2020 - 05:11 PM, said:

Had some salty enemy peeps on faction today complaining about “lurmtards” on how we shouldn’t bring lurms on attack. Pretty hilarious.

Maybe because u should not? (Ok boreal gate opener, if your group is rly bad in trading)

#49 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 02:37 AM

View PostHellbringer, on 12 April 2020 - 05:11 PM, said:

you'll find that the vast majority of FW players will tell you it's a bad idea; with quite a few going even a step further and .. educate you with direct-fire weapons.
can't say I blame them, since you're making your teams job, which might already be hard depending on the opposition, a fair bit harder (read: they gotta carry your lurmin-***).

pls don't be another Vel or Dex and bring lurms on attack - do the right thing and ask your DC what to bring if you don't know yourself, or if you insist on lurmin, do it in QP.

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 13 April 2020 - 02:39 AM.

#50 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 14 April 2020 - 12:09 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 13 April 2020 - 02:37 AM, said:

pls don't be another Vel or Dex and bring lurms on attack

I'll take this as a compliment Posted Image

Just cose' you noobs don't know how to play LRMs on most maps, doesn't mean it can't be done.

There is literally only TWO Sedge:Attack maps in the whole game where even I bring direct fire - Grim Portico and Vitric Forge.

All other maps, you can do well with LRMs if you know what you're doing.. But some people will always try to school you and dump on you for doing so.

I've done solid, or even amazing scores on most Siege maps, be it attack or defense (although, defense is MUCH easier, I admit)

I've had especially great success on Sulfurous and Boreal..

So yeah, if you're a good Lurmer, your sensor range is the limit ;-)

P.S.

Keep in mind that people complaining about "lurmtards" are the same people who snipe from behind their spawns and use stealth-cheese.. So don't worry, they are just as re-re'd as they sound when they call YOU names..

Edited by Vellron2005, 14 April 2020 - 12:12 AM.

#51 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 03:09 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 14 April 2020 - 12:09 AM, said:

I'll take this as a compliment Posted Image

you really shout NOT, and you're wrong on pretty much anything your stating, so I won't get into that.
to cut it short:

do you ever wonder why there is not a. single. person. in. FW.
who'd rather have you on their side than on team-red?

#52 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 14 April 2020 - 03:56 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 13 April 2020 - 02:37 AM, said:

you'll find that the vast majority of FW players will tell you it's a bad idea; with quite a few going even a step further and .. educate you with direct-fire weapons.
can't say I blame them, since you're making your teams job, which might already be hard depending on the opposition, a fair bit harder (read: they gotta carry your lurmin-***).

pls don't be another Vel or Dex and bring lurms on attack - do the right thing and ask your DC what to bring if you don't know yourself, or if you insist on lurmin, do it in QP.

Not directed at you per se but this is why I don't play FW any more.

The units I used to drop with didn't care what we dropped in, we were just happy to be dropping together. That's not to say there wasn't suggestions but nobody complained when people went off script.

#53 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 517 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 06:25 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 14 April 2020 - 03:56 AM, said:

Not directed at you per se but this is why I don't play FW any more.

The units I used to drop with didn't care what we dropped in, we were just happy to be dropping together. That's not to say there wasn't suggestions but nobody complained when people went off script.

sorry, but ~you~ get it wrong; ofc most units -or any made-up-thrown-together-group- is liberal about these things;
because fw-players usually trust other fw-players that they bring something useful, and everybody's fine with that.

an idf-lurmer who hides it out on 'attack', ALWAYS dies as the 12th without catching any bullets before - unless his own teammates TK him - that is not something useful.
he contributes NOTHING, he shares nothing - he just turns a game of
48 attackers vs 48 defenders + 3 gens + gates + guns + position
into
44 attackers vs 48 defenders + 3 gens + gates + guns + position

and that simply is not fair to any of the 23 other people who have to spend ~20 minutes ingame with that trash.

#54 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 14 April 2020 - 07:53 AM

View PostCaptain Caveman DE, on 14 April 2020 - 06:25 AM, said:

sorry, but ~you~ get it wrong; ofc most units -or any made-up-thrown-together-group- is liberal about these things;

As long as you play their way and "bring something useful"...

I understand what you're saying, if you're in it to win it and you have one person doing their own it pulls the team down. Which is what your issue is. And that's why I don't play FW any more, I played casual, my loadouts were no doubt subpar and I always brought an LRM boat. Today that sort of deck is spat on by the FW community.

Your argument of 48 vs. 44 is no different to having a disco in QP. It's not like he's running off and shutting down in a corner.

#55 Konril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 09:10 AM

View PostCaptain Caveman DE, on 14 April 2020 - 06:25 AM, said:

an idf-lurmer who hides it out on 'attack', ALWAYS dies as the 12th without catching any bullets before - unless his own teammates TK him - that is not something useful.

This is an issue that lies firmly between the controls and the chair. Unlike quick play, everyone is usually in the same weight class at the same time, so there shouldn't be anything that can separate a team except user error or a really bad drop-deck choice. So there also shouldn't be any reason an LRM boat couldn't "share armor" except for bad play or really good play. Fact is, most competent teams know how to call targets and focus fire. But often who to focus on is decided by who is the easier target. A long as the LRM user stays with the team and makes an effort to focus fire, he really isn't the problem. Someone who separates from the team and tries to do his own thing is a problem regardless of what he has mounted. Counting out and being mean to LRM users just because they use LRMs is itself unfair to your team. If you TK him or convince him it's not worth even trying, that prejudice becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

The one issue with assault and LRMs that I know of is that defending snipers can shut down LRMs almost completely with terrain cover while they shoot and scoot. But this relies on specific terrain being present, so some maps are LRM friendly and some aren't. Since it is possible to know which map is used in advance, an LRM user can dodge that issue completely by having an alternative drop deck for those situations, but can still take their LRMs out on other maps and on defense.

#56 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 517 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 09:16 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 14 April 2020 - 07:53 AM, said:

Your argument of 48 vs. 44 is no different to having a disco in QP. It's not like he's running off and shutting down in a corner.

it is VERY different; people who disco don't do so willingly (most of the time); the hiding, never passing the gates and lurmleeching d*ckhead does it intentionally.

another BIG difference is that fw-groups aren't thrown-together-chaos most of the time, whereas in QP anything goes.
combined with the FACT that a FW-match tends to go for 15-20+ minutes, plus searchtime ..

they all have to endure a 'no fun match' for that long; it is NOT okay to sh*t on 23 others just to have what somebody understands as 'his' version of fun;

I guess it comes down to 'are you fine with playing a teambased game' as in soccer or basketball, or are you a soloist;
for example - you go out and kick an own-goal on purpose - you are a d*ckhead, no matter how you turn and twist that. go play solo, as no team will want to play with you.

there is ONE place for Vel's, Dex' or anybody elses 'playstyle' - and that's MW5. go ahead and abuse the AI as meatshields, it doesn't judge you for it. ppl in mwo will; ofc they will - as you sh*t onto their heads, on purpose.

Edited by Captain Caveman DE, 14 April 2020 - 09:22 AM.

#57 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 14 April 2020 - 09:58 AM

Wow.... that liberal attitude disappeared faster than lurms losing locks!

#58 Captain Caveman DE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 517 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 11:34 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 14 April 2020 - 09:58 AM, said:

Wow.... that liberal attitude disappeared faster than lurms losing locks!

why do I even bother to aswer when you don't even bother to read?
so pls go on and do whatever you do.
*clicking things*

Edited by Captain Caveman DE, 14 April 2020 - 11:37 AM.

#59 Konril

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 214 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 12:46 AM

View PostCaptain Caveman DE, on 14 April 2020 - 09:20 AM, said:

I guess you should befriend Vel. seriously, drop a few matches with him and report back once you...

Oh, so this is actually an issue with a specific player and not LRM users in general. Duly noted, then. Next time a "teammate" cores me because of my LRMs I know it isn't my fault in any way and am just taking flack from someone else's bad play. But that still doesn't make TK in any way a good idea. I'll just add the the offender to my blacklist, and let his team enjoy his "40 vs 48" if it ever does happen.

Actually, this has happened to me all of once ever, and it really was an obvious noob who pissed off his whole team by doing it.

But now I certainly don't want to be dropping with you anytime in the near future after this. It sounds like you will be the second.

#60 Kroete

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 931 posts

Posted 15 April 2020 - 02:29 AM

View PostCaptain Caveman DE, on 14 April 2020 - 09:20 AM, said:

I guess you should befriend Vel. seriously, drop a few matches with him and report back once you TK'd him a few times, just to feel better about the wasted time that is each and every match with AND AGAINST him (it is no fun to sealclub the opposition - it is even less fun if they're only 11 +1 working actively against his own team).

I only see one who is working activly against his own team, the one that is a teamkiller.

View PostCaptain Caveman DE, on 14 April 2020 - 09:16 AM, said:

it is VERY different; people who disco don't do so willingly (most of the time); the hiding, never passing the gates and lurmleeching d*ckhead does it intentionally.

Intended teamkilling is willingly, against the coc and rules and is on the same level as cheating and treated the same in all games, not only mwo.

In the end we have a kid that throw a game for all players if it dont works how the kid wants ...
... are you at the age of 10 or just stupid?

Edited by Kroete, 15 April 2020 - 02:34 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users