Plz Hold Locks

129 replies to this topic

#61 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 15 April 2020 - 11:37 PM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 14 April 2020 - 03:09 AM, said:

do you ever wonder why there is not a. single. person. in. FW.
who'd rather have you on their side than on team-red?

NO, I don't ever wonder that, because I know plenty of people who even go so far as to change their dropdecks to NARC when they see an ALRM tag, or to a LRM boat when I say I'm NARCing, and I see plenty of people on the red teams switch to AMS Corsair dropdecs when they see me, cose' they know what I can do.

Also, I know plenty of people who are genuinely happy when they see me in their team, greet me, and know I got their back with my lurms in pushes.

So sorry, it's just YOU and other haters like you who hate to see me.

And you know what?

That's entirely your problem.

Personally, I can list quite a few names (yours included) that I'd be happy with never again seeing in the game, but hey, I guess the world doesn't work that way..

#62 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 06:40 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 15 April 2020 - 11:37 PM, said:

...and know I got their back with my lurms in pushes.

Please don't crit out my weapons with your spastic smashing of the win button.

#63 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 07:57 AM

NO, I don't ever wonder that, because I know plenty of people who even go so far as to change their dropdecks to NARC when they see an ALRM tag, or to a LRM boat when I say I'm NARCing, and I see plenty of people on the red teams switch to AMS Corsair dropdecs when they see me, cose' they know what I can do.

Also, I know plenty of people who are genuinely happy when they see me in their team, greet me, and know I got their back with my lurms in pushes.

And you know what?

Personally, I can list quite a few names (yours included) that I'd be happy with never again seeing in the game, but hey, I guess the world doesn't work that way..

The only ones that change their decks are like minded people like cadets, or people like you that swear up and down that LRMs can be used anywhere, and it takes skill and blah blah blah.

All aboard the clue train, last stop is you! LRMs can be used by anyone with more than one brain cell. People with 10 though figure out that it's about the most boring playstyle you can do and promptly switch. That or they figured out after a game or two, that aiming something at CT consistently, the target goes down quicker! Whodathunk?

#64 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 16 April 2020 - 08:17 AM

And you know what?

Posted Image

#65 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 11:11 AM

View PostKroete, on 15 April 2020 - 02:29 AM, said:

In the end we have a kid that throw a game for all players if it dont works how the kid wants ...
... are you at the age of 10 or just stupid?

well.. 10year old me would suggest you'd better use the time you spent here on typing to get at least a basic level of knowledge of this game;
or maybe work on your aim ingame or insults in the forum - both aren't at a level 10year olds worry about Posted Image

when I say I'm NARCing,

how does that work out for you, 900+ mtrs behind your team and out of sight? Posted Image

Posted Image

dude, in theory there are PLENTY of universes out there.
maybe, MAYBE, there's one where that is true.
-it surely ain't in this one, though Posted Image

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 16 April 2020 - 11:12 AM.

#66 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 16 April 2020 - 11:49 AM

View PostTeenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, on 16 April 2020 - 11:11 AM, said:

dude, in theory there are PLENTY of universes out there.
maybe, MAYBE, there's one where that is true.
-it surely ain't in this one, though Posted Image

That maybe the case, but in this universe people also think stats matter...

#67 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 16 April 2020 - 12:12 PM

and I'm sure there's a reason you say that they don't. ;)
wait, didn't I click something?
*click again*

#68 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 12:40 AM

You guys can laugh and troll and hate as much as you like.. truly..

But its not gonna change anything.. LRMs.. and people using them..and doing well with them.. like myself.. aren't going anywhere.

No matter how much you want us to.

#69 Toast3r

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 29 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 02:30 AM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#70 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 17 April 2020 - 02:31 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 17 April 2020 - 12:40 AM, said:

But its not gonna change anything.. LRMs.. and people using them..and doing well with them.. like myself.. aren't going anywhere.

So you're okay with being bad then? okie

#71 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 03:22 AM

Posted Image

btw: you still haven't explained how you're IDF-narcing from 900m behind your team. just really curious how you pull that off. *skillron2005*

Edited by Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie, 17 April 2020 - 03:25 AM.

#72 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 17 April 2020 - 04:14 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 17 April 2020 - 02:31 AM, said:

So you're okay with being bad then? okie

You might want to check those stats vs. the global. His stats place him in the position of an average player, not a bad one.

#73 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 689 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 04:55 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 17 April 2020 - 04:14 AM, said:

You might want to check those stats vs. the global. His stats place him in the position of an average player, not a bad one.

technically true, but the average MWO player is pretty damn lousy. <300 AMS is embarrassingly low for someone who plays nothing but LRMs.

#74 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 17 April 2020 - 06:01 AM

View Postcougurt, on 17 April 2020 - 04:55 AM, said:

technically true, but the average MWO player is pretty damn lousy.

You may wish the average player had higher stats but you can't call them lousy because they subvert your expectations.

#75 cougurt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • CS 2023 Silver Champ
  • 689 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 06:30 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 17 April 2020 - 06:01 AM, said:

You may wish the average player had higher stats but you can't call them lousy because they subvert your expectations.

i don't see why i can't. play any other competitive multiplayer game and then tell me the standard of skill here isn't utterly abysmal.

#76 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 17 April 2020 - 07:17 AM

View Postcougurt, on 17 April 2020 - 06:30 AM, said:

i don't see why i can't. play any other competitive multiplayer game and then tell me the standard of skill here isn't utterly abysmal.

Are we comparing our average MS to that of CoD players now?

#77 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 17 April 2020 - 09:17 AM

Just wondering since weapon stats are tracked including lrms. Why not post all the current is and c-lrm stats you have. Mine are abysmal and I dam well know direct fire will wreck a lrm boat not matter how good you think lrms are. I find it far easier to just hit ct and kill a mech with direct fire than lrm and lrm and lrm hoping some of them will hit the ct.

I like lrm because it is the ez mode of all weapons and so casual. You'd be hard pressed to find a last standing lrm boat win a qp skirmish match against 3-4 reds.

#78 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 10:37 AM

View PostJediPanther, on 17 April 2020 - 09:17 AM, said:

Just wondering since weapon stats are tracked including lrms. Why not post all the current is and c-lrm stats you have. Mine are abysmal and I dam well know direct fire will wreck a lrm boat not matter how good you think lrms are. I find it far easier to just hit ct and kill a mech with direct fire than lrm and lrm and lrm hoping some of them will hit the ct.

I like lrm because it is the ez mode of all weapons and so casual. You'd be hard pressed to find a last standing lrm boat win a qp skirmish match against 3-4 reds.

I've said this a thousand times before, but oh well - here I go again...

LRMs are NOT meant for killing the enemy (even though they often do), but for softening up an enemy so that your CT shots are easier.

Your whole little "point" there is about the same as saying "direct fire is better than ECM" - duh! Direct fire is meant to kill the enemy as quickly as possible. LRMs are meant to make that enemy guy keep his head down and deny him a good position, or get pummeled by a hail of damage.

Now, keep in mind that in most instances, I get solid damage, kills and KMDDs with LRMs.. that's what that "punishment for not being where I want you to be" is about..

Also, LRMs are a damage multiplier - meaning you get to put two mech's worth of firepower on a single target without exposing 2 mechs..

So, basically, LRM vs Direct fire is Artillery Vs Tanks.. Stop comparing the two. Its different purposes and different play styles.

And the stats of either are meaningless.

#79 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 17 April 2020 - 11:33 AM

We've been over this, LRMs are not artillery, this game has artillery, and it's called artillery.

LRMs are a force subtractor. LRM mechs on your team reduce the number of effective fighting mechs your team has, they reduce the number of mechs pooling health, they reduce the number of mechs able to fire instantly (before the enemy is able to take cover) and accurately.

There are only 2 maps, where the ridiculous overwhelming DPS of LRMs and the extremely short face time required for narc allows you to run a few boats + 1 narc mech as effectively, if not more so than direct fire mechs. It is because vertical cover is essentially non existent on those maps (the main counter to LRMs is completely missing) and under the scenario of a single light exposing for a moment and then the enemy mech completely melting in seconds is why it works there.

#80 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,087 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 17 April 2020 - 12:51 PM

View PostVellron2005, on 17 April 2020 - 10:37 AM, said:

LRMs are NOT meant for killing the enemy (even though they often do), but for softening up an enemy so that your CT shots are easier.

And yet you claim to be so good at this. Apparently not. For one who says stats don't matter compare them to me,one of the worst lrm users in the game. I want you to post your from current use like mine were pulled. I have 2x time better with acs than lrm. And here we go:
TAG 324 41,162 17,496 42.51%
LRM 20 300 287,042 92,242 32.14%
LRM 15 375 395,474 124,527 31.49%
LRM 10 490 324,775 104,859 32.29%
LRM 5 480 310,646 97,688 31.45%
LRM 5 + ARTEMIS 24 29,471 9,248 31.38%
LRM 10 + ARTEMIS 39 25,943 9,421 36.31%
LRM 15 + ARTEMIS 40 73,278 24,560 33.52%
LRM 20 + ARTEMIS 36 70,452 22,852 32.44%
Clan lrm
C-LRM 5 67 60,167 23,106 38.40%
C-LRM 10 91 98,412 35,152 35.72%