#22 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 April 2020 - 11:08 AM

not just 3k.

He wants to see a 3k on a win with you carrying the team hard.... Which I can assure him that it is possible and people have done it before, doing it now, and will be doing.

Otherwise, there are tons of 3 and 4k games around.

Edited by Navid A1, 13 April 2020 - 11:09 AM.

#23 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 13 April 2020 - 11:14 AM

I think you're also supposed to be facing an "OP team", lol

Pug v Pug drops are the easiest to get 3k in

#24 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 13 April 2020 - 11:18 AM

View PostNavid A1, on 13 April 2020 - 11:08 AM, said:

not just 3k.

He wants to see a 3k on a win with you carrying the team hard.... Which I can assure him that it is possible and people have done it before, doing it now, and will be doing.

Otherwise, there are tons of 3 and 4k games around.

View PostHazeclaw, on 13 April 2020 - 11:14 AM, said:

I think you're also supposed to be facing an "OP team", lol

Pug v Pug drops are the easiest to get 3k in

Does this count?

Posted Image

#25 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 April 2020 - 11:19 AM

I feel like OP has seen that he was wrong, and now will think rationally and will try to improve his gameplay and expectation and how he views faction play.

#26 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 11:25 AM

View PostVxheous, on 13 April 2020 - 11:18 AM, said:

Does this count?

No Posted Image there's only 2 ppl in a group on the other side Wargod and Fugecow, and even then maybe, those 2 drop solo a lot

nice shooting though

#27 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 255 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 11:56 AM

View PostHazeclaw, on 13 April 2020 - 11:25 AM, said:

No Posted Image there's only 2 ppl in a group on the other side Wargod and Fugecow, and even then maybe, those 2 drop solo a lot

nice shooting though

remember, more than 1 of any normally seen together unit is a "premade" these days.

#28 mrmike5234

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 02:13 PM

I read all your posts, took your wisdom to heart, and I apologize for being so ignorant so as to suggest a solution for a perceived problem that's not.

All of you are right, and it appears the solution is to "git gud".

Thank you for your input.

mrmike5234

#29 Rustyhammer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 105 posts
  • LocationSydney, AU

Posted 13 April 2020 - 02:42 PM

View Postmrmike5234, on 13 April 2020 - 05:51 AM, said:

I didn't like spending the afternoon, 10 matches, getting slaughtered by different op teams.
You are not going to do 3k in damage when the pugs around you are seemingly melting.

If melting pugs make you so unhappy, the answer to it is to join a group.

When players on your team manage to get killed by gate turrets, you really want to join a group just to avoid getting the same pepegas next match.

It's not fun seeing your efforts wasted by your "teammates", when 4 players each doing the same (or even more) damage as 7 others combined.

Posted Image

#30 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 04:48 PM

I cant put these numbers up anymore, im **** all at the game, have been for a good 2 years.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Idk if the question was can you do over 3k dmg when your team fails you? or can you do over 3k in a game where you lose, don't carry, vs a team...

Numbers don't win games, Kills and precision damage win games. Do you want to know why some peoples 3k-4k games feels like its impossible, yet others feel like a breeze?

I don't try to get the killing blow on mechs, I drill components. Most of these 4k games consist of 3 ebon jags and a streak dog. Why is it that everyone can do 3k now? many people can do 4k now. Its very very simple, the playerbase has declined into oblivion. When CW first came out, 1k was the benchmark to get into a unit, put up 1k and you can pull your weight. Why? because people were good, they could aim, IS had 1 shot side torso's because there was no LFE.

Why was old Evil so good? 2 high alpha ebons could down a 65-75 tonner in 1 alpha through a side torso. it was very easy. 1 fingerclick dead.

Why was the old ebon so good? there were no ERML for IS, if was 3 LPL 5 ML, MPL's were hardly 500 range ML''s were doing scratch damage at BEST at 400m. Ebons used to 91 kph because every if you skilled 3 mechs of a class, you could unlock it.IS STD engine mechs you could either out-range and out kite, because they hardly went 65+ kph if they had any sort of damage, OR they went 72-74 kph but had 300m range.

people died in 2-3 shots because the game was hard. and people were good. PGI un-knowingly allowed good players to slack off, and medium level players to become good players with the simple addition of the LFE engine. People say CW died becuase of so many reasons. I honestly think the IS-LFE engine ended the last dying breath of CW.

the LFE patch added ERML, LFE engines to go fast, you could now go 70 kph with a huge alpha AND not die in 1 hit. (less skill now)

IS Brawlers now work, the old orions that went 64 kph AT BEST, can now go 80+ and take 400+ dmg before they die. The old way to beat brawl was kite, PGI added heavy mechs that can go 90+ kph (why? you killed the medium mech class with these).

They added mechs with weapon systems you could never imagine (power scaling)

Kodiak with 4 uac 10's. (yea the direwolf could do that forever) but the kodiak was as agile as a battlemaster.

Broken mounts, broken mechs, over-nerfed clan, over-buffed IS made clan vs is literally Dakka wars.

why is dakka so meta now? everyone figured out, bring 2 assaults fill it with dakka and spray mechs with dakka, because the more u miss the more damage you have, and the more damage you have the better player you are. Right?

Wall of text Crits you for OVER 9000!

TL:DR- PGI's slow nerf of anything that was hard in the game made the skill gap almost non-existent and the playerbase got tired of it.

Edit: No matter which the question is, i have screenshots of it mike, you have been on my team, and against me when i/many people have done it.

I used to host CW training sessions, CW streaming informative nights, Streamed me Drop calling for Evil/D'C, Tried, i really really did, i was known for my pug whispering for a long time.

Im telling you mike, from 6+ years of pug whispering in CW.

You. Can't. Fix. Stupid.

Edited by C H E E K I E Z, 13 April 2020 - 08:30 PM.

#31 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 09:19 PM

So.....the reason old evil was good is that clan laservomit ambush lines were OP? :) cmon dude, it was because there were good and great players playing together

both laservomit and dakka are kind of mid range skill wise to use at full effect, imo dakka is even slightly harder to be good at, you get to fix slight screw ups with laservomit

#32 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 14 April 2020 - 12:04 AM

View Postmrmike5234, on 13 April 2020 - 05:51 AM, said:

You are not going to do 3k in damage when the pugs around you are seemingly melting.

So after half a dozen screenshots which took people all of a couple of mins to produce...

Now what?

What is the next load of garbage you're going to make up to be disproven?

#33 ccrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 10:22 AM

OP says players are grouping up and smashing pug groups and it's frustrating.

Players produce screenshots of 3k+ matches while in pug v pug matches.

(I will point out before anyone snarkily replies; yes cheekiez has a screenshot of a win where he carried a pug team against a 12 man. Thats 1 shot not the bunch of random matches everyone else has.)

Btw, most of these screenshots are the equivalent of me saying erll and erppc vomit on alpine is boring and it's dull to see most teams do this wave after wave then you show me a screen shot of a qp match on alpine where people had different mechs. It doesn't fit the criteria of what he's saying. I'm not even taking a side here just pointing out that if you wanna prove your point, show a recent screenshot of you, some pugs and cadets beating a 12 man mixed group of top players. That's what he's talking about.

#34 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 02:23 PM

View Postccrider, on 14 April 2020 - 10:22 AM, said:

OP says players are grouping up and smashing pug groups and it's frustrating.

Players produce screenshots of 3k+ matches while in pug v pug matches.

(I will point out before anyone snarkily replies; yes cheekiez has a screenshot of a win where he carried a pug team against a 12 man. Thats 1 shot not the bunch of random matches everyone else has.)

Btw, most of these screenshots are the equivalent of me saying erll and erppc vomit on alpine is boring and it's dull to see most teams do this wave after wave then you show me a screen shot of a qp match on alpine where people had different mechs. It doesn't fit the criteria of what he's saying. I'm not even taking a side here just pointing out that if you wanna prove your point, show a recent screenshot of you, some pugs and cadets beating a 12 man mixed group of top players. That's what he's talking about.

The OP actually never said they were groups of top players. The only groups I've been seeing with 8+ players have been of middling average skill imo. The groups I've been seeing of strong players (Div B or higher comp players, strong QP or FW farmers, etc.) probably average 3 or 4 players and tend to max out at 6. As is always the case when this topic comes up it'd be helpful to better understand what groups the OP thinks are OP. A 10-12 man of average players is usually going to stomp PUGs, and that isn't fun for the PUGs, but it doesn't make that group or it's players particularly OP.

#35 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 02:37 PM

View PostBrauer, on 14 April 2020 - 02:23 PM, said:

The OP actually never said they were groups of top players. The only groups I've been seeing with 8+ players have been of middling average skill imo. The groups I've been seeing of strong players (Div B or higher comp players, strong QP or FW farmers, etc.) probably average 3 or 4 players and tend to max out at 6. As is always the case when this topic comes up it'd be helpful to better understand what groups the OP thinks are OP. A 10-12 man of average players is usually going to stomp PUGs, and that isn't fun for the PUGs, but it doesn't make that group or it's players particularly OP.
ahh, just re-read the op; I suppose I interpreted his writing as a strong mixed 12 man but you are correct; it doesn't specify that. However, I will stand by my point that a match with 23 low to middle tier players and 1 player who stands out is not the same as posting a 3-4k match plus win against a strong 4-8 man of top tier players. Pick your 4-8 from whatever unit you deem most impressive. That's a personal taste thing that will be affected by who you play against.

#36 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 02:47 PM

View Postccrider, on 14 April 2020 - 02:37 PM, said:

ahh, just re-read the op; I suppose I interpreted his writing as a strong mixed 12 man but you are correct; it doesn't specify that. However, I will stand by my point that a match with 23 low to middle tier players and 1 player who stands out is not the same as posting a 3-4k match plus win against a strong 4-8 man of top tier players. Pick your 4-8 from whatever unit you deem most impressive. That's a personal taste thing that will be affected by who you play against.

My point is just that 4-8 actually strong players in one group is pretty rare in my experience nowadays. It is easier to farm damage in a PUG drop in any case. Both having strong opponents and having strong teammates makes it harder to put up big numbers.

#37 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 03:27 PM

View PostBrauer, on 14 April 2020 - 02:47 PM, said:

My point is just that 4-8 actually strong players in one group is pretty rare in my experience nowadays. It is easier to farm damage in a PUG drop in any case. Both having strong opponents and having strong teammates makes it harder to put up big numbers.

EZPZ (spot which enemy dropzone We farmed first)

Posted Image

Found another one CC just for you <3. They tried to send some people to drophip farm me in XL crabs after they crab rushed us wave 1. I had a Scorch as my drop 2 mech Posted Image
Posted Image

Just bring 3-4 good people, and the game is actually fun.
Posted Image

Edited by C H E E K I E Z, 14 April 2020 - 03:28 PM.

#38 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 03:31 PM

View PostBrauer, on 14 April 2020 - 02:47 PM, said:

Fair point, although it does happen some during Friday/Saturday NA Primetime.

As an aside, I haven't figured out why there is so much focus on stats and stuff right now. The leaderboards broken and unless you are taking screen shots of every match then posting them somewhere no one knows what you did last night, week etc. Hell I can't be bothered to remember what happens in matches that I play on any given night. Can't cap planets, factions are irrelevant, no more unit rivalries. It's just sorta bland now. But if stats are what motivates people, more power to them. It just seems sorta irrelevant when the game itself doesn't even bother keeping track anymore.

#39 ccrider

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 03:35 PM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 14 April 2020 - 03:27 PM, said:

Posted Image

Found another one CC just for you &lt;3. They tried to send some people to drophip farm me in XL crabs after they crab rushed us wave 1. I had a Scorch as my drop 2 mech Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
my atlas' butt misses you cheekiez. :)

Also, stop posting old CW pics. They just hurt now. All this QP nonsense, hardly any siege, no counter attack.....

Gonna go cry now.

#40 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 14 April 2020 - 03:48 PM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 14 April 2020 - 03:27 PM, said:

Posted Image

Found another one CC just for you &lt;3. They tried to send some people to drophip farm me in XL crabs after they crab rushed us wave 1. I had a Scorch as my drop 2 mech Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

I never said farming 3k or 4k was impossible? Good in you all for those drops,cjust not sure why I was quoted there.

View Postccrider, on 14 April 2020 - 03:31 PM, said:

Fair point, although it does happen some during Friday/Saturday NA Primetime.

As an aside, I haven't figured out why there is so much focus on stats and stuff right now. The leaderboards broken and unless you are taking screen shots of every match then posting them somewhere no one knows what you did last night, week etc. Hell I can't be bothered to remember what happens in matches that I play on any given night. Can't cap planets, factions are irrelevant, no more unit rivalries. It's just sorta bland now. But if stats are what motivates people, more power to them. It just seems sorta irrelevant when the game itself doesn't even bother keeping track anymore.

I'm not just referring to stats. The large groups I have faced of late don't demonstrate a particularly high level of play as a group or individually imo. I've played against top players and teams, so I can tell the difference.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users