200 replies to this topic

#41 Garran Tana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 April 2020 - 12:26 AM

Now Ryan here lives in a bubble and dosn't understand that the players number is very, very, very low.

Edited by Garran Tana, 18 April 2020 - 12:26 AM.

#42 D U N E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 12:46 AM

I believe Ryan is using some form of archaic comedy, where he states a string of illogical arguments and conclusions in the hope to achieve laughter through irrationality.

As much as I love to laugh at PGI's many failures.
Clans Vs. IS are balanced.
Solaris does suck due to too many ques.
COMP play button only works for competitive in a small time-slot. Comp is not solaris, it's an 8v8. Solaris is a 1V1-2V2.

8V8 ques are going to allow smaller ques, I have to say currently high skill teams are stomping, as they would if it was a 12v12 - I hope if they give this a shot for 2-3 weeks so we can see what happens when this matures, then we will know the level of success. 8 less players to secure a match is an amazing situation. 12V12 singles is easy to secure, but group que is not as easy, with both numbers of players in the groups in the que needing to add up to 8. 4x2 2x3+2 2x4 1x4+2x2 1x5+1x3.

Personally, since they are editing this I would like to see them open the "Allow GQ" button, so I could pair into group que as a solo.

#43 KentThuir66

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 01:50 AM

[color=#959595]Just allow solos to join![/color]

#44 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 18 April 2020 - 02:21 AM

View PostCambio Dolor, on 17 April 2020 - 03:56 PM, said:

Will be better if group can be drop in single quick match. To low people on servers. Matchmaker doesn`t work and big problem with 12-0, 0-12 final score. Group and single players in the same match cann`t change a lot of balance.

P.S. sry for my english.

No, this was tried. GQ tends to be more competitive than SQ, so while allowing solos (preferably with some form of performance-based restriction) to opt into GQ, outright mixing both queues is a bad idea in QP.

#45 3nko

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 02:28 AM

Very good initiative, though i believe that Solo and Groups should be mixed. Also, number of players on queue would help largely (like FP), so ppl will know if its worth waiting

#46 BARRY SHlTPEAS

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 80 posts
  • LocationBrown Sea Buccaneer

Posted 18 April 2020 - 02:49 AM

Any chance you guys could post the minutes from the meeting where this topic was discussed?

If no such meeting takes place, might I suggest the following topics for discussion?

"Why, after we announced slim to zero development time for our game, are there so few people playing MWO?"
"Why, after not releasing any new content* for our game for almost 3 years, are there so few people playing MWO?"

I hope this helps.

* MechPacks and dumping a load of snow and some ramps on Canyon Network are not content.

#47 LIGHT WOLF

• PipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 24 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 04:11 AM

Return 12 / 12 !!!!!!
Just got out of the habit of 8/8 , and then it was introduced again...
Better modes add and return 12 \ 12 !!!!!
Capella will never forgive you!Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#48 Axys Rageborn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 125 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 04:14 AM

Just let solos join Group que!!!

Like seriously it solves all your problems and you wont have to reduce the size of the games. geez every other video game allows this. Just make an extra check box in the quick play drop box and allow players to select whether or not they want to play with groups. (don't make it the other way round tho)

it should be,

Quick play = Solo
Group = Groups + Solo (who opted in)

Come on PGI you like money dont you? well you can't make any without customers and the "players" are your customers.

Edited by Axys Rageborn, 18 April 2020 - 04:16 AM.

#49 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 18 April 2020 - 04:18 AM

Too little too... how’s that last part go?

#50 Nearly Dead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 274 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 04:24 AM

When you thought something was dead, any movement is a good sign. I would love to get into some balanced matches as a solo player.

#51 Mr_Breaker

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 04:41 AM

Make this for solo's as well, I cannot count the amount of games were a single AFK, Disco or a Map Rage Quit screwed over the entire team. Additionally using the 8 v 8 format you can bring back skilled based match making which will be a huge win, regardless this is a step in the right direction.

#52 D U N E

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 05:14 AM

"Make this for solo's as well, I cannot count the amount of games were a single AFK, Disco or a Map Rage Quit screwed over the entire team. Additionally using the 8 v 8 format you can bring back skilled based match making which will be a huge win, regardless this is a step in the right direction."

Imagine an 8v8 but you are 1 AFK down. It would likely just make it harder. The larger team you have, the more diluted one failure should be. I'm not against 8v8. That said, as more people are failures, it becomes harder for 1 man to carry.

That said, Solo que in this game should remain solo, this is what would happen if you fully combined it.
A 12/8 man would join with a definite strat, they would then beat all the random pugs - they would repeat this many times. That idea only works for small group sizes, and even then, due to the skill disparity in this game - 2 people working together may drastically alter the game for the many bad players.
Now make that 8-12 and they have decided tonight the entire opposition is going to eat lrms. Groups barely have the teamwork to push, Solos don't stand a chance. Merging ques is a bad idea. That said, Solos allowed in group que is a optional nightmare, that if a player does not enjoy, they can just turn it off.

#53 JackPoint

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 216 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 05:15 AM

Secret Space language for the games dead and its the best we can do for the ones that stay?...

#54 Alreech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 05:41 AM

View PostGarran Tana, on 18 April 2020 - 12:26 AM, said:

Now Ryan here lives in a bubble and dosn't understand that the players number is very, very, very low.

He ist also ignoring that MWO biggest problem is the lack of teamwork - because the teams get disolved after one round.
In MWO you don't hat the time to coordinate the team before the match starts, and after the match you lost your teammates.
24 vs 24 would fix that problem, (unless it's 24 premade vs 24 premade)

Edited by Alreech, 18 April 2020 - 06:01 AM.

#55 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 18 April 2020 - 06:00 AM

Good job. And only like 4 years too late ...

#56 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 06:00 AM

8. vs 8. have still problems:
7 Player groups don't work, in 12 vs 12 it's only the 11 player group.
6 Player group works only with the 2 player group.
5 Player group works only with the 3 Player group.
so were are 3 group sizes with problems for the matchmaker.

So the best group sizes are:
4 (2 combos: 4+4, 4+2+2)
3 (2 combos: 5+3, 3+3+2)
2 (4 combos: 4x2, 2+2+4, 3+3+2, 2+6,)

Why not be brave PGI and set a fixed group size of 4 ?
Con: Players would have to use the "Looking for Group Lobby" to fill up their group
Pro: Depending on the number of groups in the matchmaker you can set up 4 vs 4, 8 vs 8 or 12 vs 12 matches

Example:
2 groups in the matchmaker = 4 vs 4 on small maps
3 groups in the matchmaker = waiting for one other group for 8 vs 8
5 groups in the matchmaker = waiting for one other group for 12 vs 12

PGI could also ad the option to merge the groups after a game, creating greater groups with 8 or 12 players.

Edited by Alreech, 18 April 2020 - 06:02 AM.

#57 Ling Huang

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 10 posts
  • LocationKiel /Germany

Posted 18 April 2020 - 06:04 AM

View PostRyan Grey, on 18 April 2020 - 12:02 AM, said:

[Redacted]
Who in his right mind would request something like that ?

This is a game in the Battletech Universum where the ONLY OBVIOUS choice is to pit as many players against each other as possible in a match ! and NOT to reduce that !

In all my 11700 hours of gameplay i hoped Piranah would upgrade to 24vs24 q-play and f-play
and maybe even fix Solaris by introducing a 24 FFA stomp.

but NO:-----

- not only were they unable to balance clan and IS
(remember the 2 weeks into the civil war upgrade challenge/event where IS was actually
winning ? (only because the clan teams switched side and thenthey realized this
update/skilltree etc changed nothing and went back to clans) leaving IS in the same situation
again?
- then they screwed up with SOLARIS
- then they screwed up introducing extra COMP play queue
(which should have been covered by SOLARIS)

- and now you´re turning this into a e-sport variant for those bimbos ?
this will kill the game even faster !

Oh my God….Posted Image

Hmmm Hej all

Beside the rude expressions Ryan Grey uses ...
I have to agree with him 12 vs 12 was / is still to small .....

The biggest Problem is:

That Groups of Players "who are not matching a fitting Size" have to wait Ages to enter a Match
and to remedy This Problem

..... reducing Player-Ammount of a Match is not a Help ..... not at all!

#58 -Tenshi-

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 06:04 AM

Make it possible to at least register a quick play in a party of two people, because two people will have the opportunity to play together, and this will not affect the balance against the solo players, because 2 out of 12 people will not be able to make an imbalance against 12 solo players.
I'd like to have a group search for quick play.

#59 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 07:11 AM

View Post-Tenshi-, on 18 April 2020 - 06:04 AM, said:

Make it possible to at least register a quick play in a party of two people, because two people will have the opportunity to play together, and this will not affect the balance against the solo players, because 2 out of 12 people will not be able to make an imbalance against 12 solo players.
I'd like to have a group search for quick play.

I support this suggestion, but not because it would not affect balance. At this point in the playerbase stagnating and Tier 1 saturating, the average skill level of any player in a match is so low, that even one good player can throw the balance of a match, not to mention two players.

But with the Player Skill Rating as it is, teams will unavoidably be unbalanced and groups will not make a difference. Most players in a match will be painfully bad and whichever team is randomly assigned the few good ones wins regardless of if some players are grouped or not.

#60 nopempele

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 199 posts

Posted 18 April 2020 - 07:19 AM

When will you fix matchmaking for groups of 2? I'm really tired of playing unbalanced Faction Play being absolutely dominated by same unicums, over and over again. And there is little choice if you want to play with a friend.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users