nice a weapons sale

#4 Alfred Bester

• Pip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:19 PM

I have one more question:
Will the sale also be available for the packs in the shop?

#5 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 02:31 PM

I like when you think outside the box (engines sale, weapons sale) and I'm pretty sure you don't do them very often because you have to do extra work for things that aren't Mechs, camo patterns, etc.

Any chance someday you'll do a 50% off Skill Points (i.e. 400XP and 22,500 CBills)?

Or is that too far-fetched and I should give up hope and move on with my life?

#6 Stegron

Rookie

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 04:12 PM

View PostDomenoth, on 12 June 2020 - 02:31 PM, said:

I like when you think outside the box (engines sale, weapons sale) and I'm pretty sure you don't do them very often because you have to do extra work for things that aren't Mechs, camo patterns, etc.

Any chance someday you'll do a 50% off Skill Points (i.e. 400XP and 22,500 CBills)?

Or is that too far-fetched and I should give up hope and move on with my life?

They already did something like the skill point sale. 3x GXP conversion. That was fairly recent, during the pandemic

Edit: Ohhh I see what you mean now. I wouldn't count on what you're asking for.

Edited by Stegron, 12 June 2020 - 04:13 PM.

#7 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 12 June 2020 - 04:16 PM

I'm seeing a minor hiccup in the In-Game Store. Some weapon items do not appear to have the "30% Off" tag, leaving me confused as to whether or not they are actually discounted. :mellow:

EDIT :: Also, it appears as if I'm seeing sales of Invasion 1 & 2 with Resistance 1, instead of Invasion 1 with Resistance 1& 2 ... Is my brain upside-down, or is something else upside-down? :blink:

~D. V. "can't figure out if they have the intended prices" Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 12 June 2020 - 04:20 PM.

#8 Stegron

Rookie

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 04:39 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 12 June 2020 - 04:16 PM, said:

I'm seeing a minor hiccup in the In-Game Store. Some weapon items do not appear to have the "30% Off" tag, leaving me confused as to whether or not they are actually discounted. Posted Image

EDIT :: Also, it appears as if I'm seeing sales of Invasion 1 & 2 with Resistance 1, instead of Invasion 1 with Resistance 1& 2 ... Is my brain upside-down, or is something else upside-down? Posted Image

That's correct. They aren't doing Invasion 1 and Resistance 1 & 2 as advertised. They have the mechs from Invasion 1 & 2 and Resistance 1 on sale.

Also, the sale advert is very vague and misleading. When you say Invasion 1 and Resistance 1 & 2 on sale, I expect the Mech PACKS that are actually called that to be on sale, not the variants of those mechs that come in the pack to be on sale. Or maybe both. OPTIONS! Who'd have thunk that would be a good idea! Also with how everything is labeled it looks like there's an MC and C-Bills sale but there isn't.

#9 Domenoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 461 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 05:11 PM

View PostStegron, on 12 June 2020 - 04:12 PM, said:

I wouldn't count on what you're asking for.

Yes I'm quite aware. I can't imagine I'm the only one who would want this kind of thing, but they haven't done it in a year and a half (since engines went on sale the first time).

Only reason I'm asking is because they seem to add new ones periodically (consumables, weapons, etc.) which makes it seem like there might be a chance.

Engines were never able to go on sale, until one day, they did.

(ref: https://mwomercs.com...r-engines-sale/)

#10 Mycroft000

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Partisan
  • The Partisan
  • 511 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 12 June 2020 - 05:52 PM

Why can't we get real development going again? Maintenance mode isn't enough to get my group back on and playing again

#11 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 12 June 2020 - 05:56 PM

How about a limited bolt-on sale, made of individual player requests.

#12 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 12 June 2020 - 06:26 PM

You had me at "II".

And "Sale" ...

#13 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 01:26 AM

View PostMycroft000, on 12 June 2020 - 05:52 PM, said:

Why can't we get real development going again? Maintenance mode isn't enough to get my group back on and playing again

Actually, THERE IS REAL DEVELOPMENT happening in the background. Check the Website News & Announcements Board Area for things related to PSR, because until that is fixed or given some manner of improvement over the current systems, pretty much NOTHING – not even Game Balance – can otherwise properly happen. :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "You failed to keep up on recent developments about PSR, huh?!?!?" Devnull

#14 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 13 June 2020 - 10:34 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 12 June 2020 - 04:16 PM, said:

I'm seeing a minor hiccup in the In-Game Store. Some weapon items do not appear to have the "30% Off" tag, leaving me confused as to whether or not they are actually discounted. Posted Image

EDIT :: Also, it appears as if I'm seeing sales of Invasion 1 & 2 with Resistance 1, instead of Invasion 1 with Resistance 1& 2 ... Is my brain upside-down, or is something else upside-down? Posted Image

You're not crazy. I was here to tell Paul he borked it up again, for specifically that reason, although you're right about the other stuff, too. :) Having Invasion 1 & 2, and Resistance 1 (only) on sale, disproportionately favors Clan chasses, as now there's 12 different variants of Clan 'mech on sale, and only 4 IS ones.

#15 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 02:22 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 13 June 2020 - 10:34 AM, said:

You're not crazy. I was here to tell Paul he borked it up again, for specifically that reason, although you're right about the other stuff, too. Posted Image Having Invasion 1 & 2, and Resistance 1 (only) on sale, disproportionately favors Clan chasses, as now there's 12 different variants of Clan 'mech on sale, and only 4 IS ones.

I do the sales and events not paul.
I have added Resistance II mechs and the Blackjack and King Crab.
Sorry for the mix up.

#16 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 04:57 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 13 June 2020 - 02:22 PM, said:

and the Blackjack and King Crab.

Why those as well, though? Not complaining of course just curious

#17 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 13 June 2020 - 06:04 PM

Ooohh the Packs are not on sale :(

But the KC is :)

#18 GARION26

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 300 posts

Posted 13 June 2020 - 06:08 PM

Sorry newer player here. I didn’t seem to find a corresponding listing of what these mechs are on the mech bundles list. Could someone more experienced point me at a list of what mechs this means will be on sale?

#19 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 12:15 AM

<<<snip>>>

Sorry for the mix up.

Thank you for the fixes that you put on the Sale, Matt. I'm not kidding when I tell you, it is VERY appreciated! :D

By the way (and not to diminish appreciation by any means), I don't know if the omission of the Mad Dog from the "Invasion II"/"Clan Wave II" Package was intentional or not, but I just noticed that it does not appear on the Sale's rack. Do you wish to add it to the Sale, or was there a reason for avoiding it? :o

One more thing I want to clear the air about and get off my mind/chest, in case you have not checked the system logs... I was lurking about the Forums during the last chunk of time I was not on MWO... While I would not have liked to think this, the regrettable impression has been bubbling around my mind that you may have confused another user, "Been doing this for four years" (aka "Handley Page"), with me. I'm publicly bringing down the anvil (yes, anvil, not just a hammer, because I need my hammers to fix up my Mechs with) right now, and telling you that they and I have NEVER been the same person. For the love of everything PGI/MWO, please check the system logs! This is my only Account here on MWO, and I will equally NEVER hide behind an 'Alt' if I have any comments for you about something, particularly since I want to help things go right. (Also, if you have not mentally cross-linked them with me after their past posting on the MWO Forums, then please disregard my going nuts over the matter. I can believe that it's possible I'm just being stupidly paranoid!) -_-

View PostAudacious Aubergine, on 13 June 2020 - 04:57 PM, said:

Why those as well, though? Not complaining of course just curious

I don't know if Matt will actually be willing to answer that, but I would love to tease something about not looking a 'Gift Horse' in the mouth. :lol:

View PostBolo Atari, on 13 June 2020 - 06:04 PM, said:

Ooohh the Packs are not on sale Posted Image

But the KC is Posted Image

Yeah, unless Matt decides to change the deal again (...and pull a Darth Vader? LOL...), you probably won't see the Real $$$ Packs as an On-Sale item. Sorry, man. :(

View PostGARION26, on 13 June 2020 - 06:08 PM, said:

Sorry newer player here. I didn’t seem to find a corresponding listing of what these mechs are on the mech bundles list. Could someone more experienced point me at a list of what mechs this means will be on sale?

Hello there, GARION26... You can probably use the MWO Store @ https://mwomercs.com/store as a helpful reference. Scroll down to the items marked as...
  • Clans
  • Clan Wave II
  • Resistance
  • Resistance II
...and please enjoy viewing the info contained within there. B)

~Mr. D. V. "Here's to the hope that we all find the Mech we're looking for!" Devnull

#20 Alfred Bester

• Pip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 June 2020 - 03:42 AM

Sorry for the mix up.

Hey Matt,
that's realy cool man. Thank you. Posted Image

And the sale of the packages? Please...
(I would look cute now, but I am an old, bearded man and that would be pretty scary. Posted Image )

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users