• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 23 June 2020 - 07:32 AM

This was a nice event.

Special thanks f
or the Piranha who ate my double Gaus for the Headsot. Very appreciated that!

#42 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 June 2020 - 01:53 PM

View PostDeadWeight18, on 23 June 2020 - 07:32 AM, said:

This was a nice event.

Special thanks f
or the Piranha who ate my double Gaus for the Headsot. Very appreciated that!

Headshot on a Piranha?! Hacks!! :)

#43 Krovakon

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 52 posts

Posted 23 June 2020 - 03:21 PM

After 4 days of trying to grind out headshots and failing I finally ran into a disconnected timber wolf and headshot killed the mech, it didn't count. I'm not dealing with this anymore I'll come back in 12 or 15 days, whenever the next event starts because this is clearly a massive waste of time.

#44 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 June 2020 - 05:11 PM

View PostHorseman, on 22 June 2020 - 07:12 AM, said:

It seems to vary. Usually it's higher, but not always.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzmCVGQksKE

What was I doing wrong? Looks like one of the LRMs hit, but I couldn't find it with my lasers, and then he was too cored out, if I hit the CT again...

EDIT: How do I embed a YouTube video?

Edited by C337Skymaster, 23 June 2020 - 05:16 PM.

#45 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 23 June 2020 - 06:04 PM

View PostKrovakon, on 23 June 2020 - 03:21 PM, said:

After 4 days of trying to grind out headshots and failing I finally ran into a disconnected timber wolf and headshot killed the mech, it didn't count. I'm not dealing with this anymore I'll come back in 12 or 15 days, whenever the next event starts because this is clearly a massive waste of time.

I think it's mentioned above: DC won't count. True afk will. Or a good shot.

Stick around and just play. It'll happen. If it doesn't then meh. At least you tried and maybe got a little more skilled for it :)

#46 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 23 June 2020 - 07:28 PM

View PostKrovakon, on 23 June 2020 - 03:21 PM, said:

Solaris counts, too. Just sayin'...

#47 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 24 June 2020 - 07:29 PM

Done.
Thx, PGI!

#48 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 24 June 2020 - 11:39 PM

View PostHorseman, on 20 June 2020 - 02:57 AM, said:

<<<snip>>>

Sometimes you get them in a handful of matches, sometimes it takes a couple dozen... with a fast enough mech (and a max engine PIR definitely counts), it's just a matter of getting in the right match, and you only need the headshot once. Come on man, you have almost two weeks to do it. Posted Image

In general, I find that it's preferable to start on the more difficult scoring goals (headshots, hit & runs, anything that requires deliberate action from your end) immediately and the others will just tick along anyway. If you do it the other way, chances are you'll end up scoring well in excess of what you actually needed for the "easy" goals and spending hell of a lot more time to do so.

Hi there, Horseman... I got lucky on the "Forest Colony Snow (Classic)" Map, and landed the single Headshot that I needed. It just so happens that there was a HellBringer which I was able to get a nice lineup upon, and down it went. That said, I'm going to try for one more Headshot in order to make sure it wasn't a total fluke. :huh:

~Mr. D. V. "I made it, but please wish me luck on another Headshot being scored!" Devnull

#49 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:15 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 20 June 2020 - 02:33 AM, said:

Heh... you lucky stiff... Posted Image

On the flipside, I'm unfortunately hearing from someone else that they could not catch a single AFK/Disco to smack in the Mech Noggin for scoring that. I have the feeling that I may end up suffering the same fate as them. Posted Image

~D. V. "I can only hope my luck will be as good as yours, but I'm not banking on it." Devnull

Not the most sporting tactic, but consider spam dropping in a fast ecm light and always choosing the most disliked maps to come up. Eventually you'll be able to tip the voting and someone with afk/quit the match b/c they don't have the patience/skills/loadout to want to run it.

View PostBolo Atari, on 23 June 2020 - 06:04 PM, said:

I think it's mentioned above: DC won't count. True afk will. Or a good shot.

Stick around and just play. It'll happen. If it doesn't then meh. At least you tried and maybe got a little more skilled for it Posted Image

DC/non-connect *WILL* count but you have to "find" the head as the hit box gets wonky in some of these cases. You have to shoot around until you find it w/o someone from the other team detecting your and killing you before you can do it....

Edited by MovinTarget, 27 June 2020 - 03:15 PM.

#50 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:03 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 24 June 2020 - 11:39 PM, said:

That said, I'm going to try for one more Headshot in order to make sure it wasn't a total fluke.

Okay... I got my 2nd Headshot, and on an Annihilator, but while my Night Vision was enabled. That's a strange one, what with my ability to see the Head Window then obscured, huh? :blink:

Anyway, Event is DONE for me. My thanks to PGI for all the stuff which I had to fight to earn. :)

By the way, has anyone noticed that all the Event-linked Decals don't show up in the proper place within the MechLab? I can go to "MechLab > Camo Spec > ALL > Decals > Event", but nothing is ever there. Is this a Bug, or is it intentional to have an always-empty Category like that? Is this a situation where I perhaps need to start a Bug Report to get that one fixed? :o

~D. V. "has it all finished, and is thankful... wonders what's up with Decal Categories, however" Devnull

#51 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 28 June 2020 - 03:29 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 28 June 2020 - 01:03 AM, said:

By the way, has anyone noticed that all the Event-linked Decals don't show up in the proper place within the MechLab? I can go to "MechLab > Camo Spec > ALL > Decals > Event", but nothing is ever there. Is this a Bug, or is it intentional to have an always-empty Category like that? Is this a situation where I perhaps need to start a Bug Report to get that one fixed? Posted Image
~D. V. "has it all finished, and is thankful... wonders what's up with Decal Categories, however" Devnull
Decal categorization is freaking garbage in general. And don't even get me started on Solaris rank decals (how many do you think I have nine seasons in? Answer: a LOT).
What we'd need there is ability to search for decals by name. Or to expand the decal selection panel to multiple columns wide.

Edited by Horseman, 28 June 2020 - 03:29 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users