Psr Community Formula V1.0

144 replies to this topic

#141 PCHunter

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 07:02 PM

Here we are in November after several months and let me report that virtually nothing has changed in my experience. However, I now play heavier mechs with burst damage builds to pump up my match damage and scores and, consequently, my PSR. Then I revert to my fun mechs, being fast lights and mediums, until my PSR inevitably drops enough that I start the cycle anew. Am I gaming the system? Yeah, but less so than those rats that drop into a match then go AFK to drop their PSRs.

Telling me I am playing MWO wrong because I concentrate more on the match objectives than damage and kills is ridiculous and inconsistent with what the designers intended. It is the developers' PSR system that is wrong, not those players like me. Believe me, when the match type is Skirmish, I go for the damage and kills. However, that is seldom the choice. Mostly I see Domination, Assault and Resource Capture before I will see a Skirmish game, with Domination picked about 1/3rd of the time. Unfortunately, the PSR and Match Score calculations seem inconsistent with the type of matches that players are selecting.

Edited by PCHunter, 09 November 2020 - 07:03 PM.

#142 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 08:21 PM

View PostPCHunter, on 09 November 2020 - 07:02 PM, said:

Here we are in November after several months and let me report that virtually nothing has changed in my experience. It is the developers' PSR system that is wrong, not those players like me. Unfortunately, the PSR and Match Score calculations seem inconsistent with the type of matches that players are selecting.

If I understand you correctly- you want your tier to be inflated so that you can play in the same games as people who get kills and do damage, whilst acknowledging that you aren't good at that.

Whilst that is an interesting take on the matter- if you don't care about kills and damage, then why does a number that means nothing outside of match maker mean anything to you?

#143 Seelenlos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 550 posts

Posted 07 June 2022 - 02:53 PM

May I extrapolate that "no new news or Picture" must say the whole thing is crap?

#144 PCHunter

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 June 2022 - 04:30 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 09 November 2020 - 08:21 PM, said:

If I understand you correctly- you want your tier to be inflated so that you can play in the same games as people who get kills and do damage, whilst acknowledging that you aren't good at that.

Whilst that is an interesting take on the matter- if you don't care about kills and damage, then why does a number that means nothing outside of match maker mean anything to you?

This is an incredibly ignorant understanding of my post. I am merely saying that the objectives of the match type are not properly reflected in the PSR scoring system. The highest match scores come from damage and kills and not securing the win through satisfying the match objectives. You get contributory points for match objectives but minimal. The objectives for all matches should then be 1) kill everyone and oh yeah (2), cap resources or cap a base or hold the domination point longest or destroy a base. Because that is how players are scored.

Edited by PCHunter, 15 June 2022 - 04:30 PM.

#145 Curccu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 16 June 2022 - 12:29 AM

View PostPCHunter, on 15 June 2022 - 04:30 PM, said:

This is an incredibly ignorant understanding of my post. I am merely saying that the objectives of the match type are not properly reflected in the PSR scoring system. The highest match scores come from damage and kills and not securing the win through satisfying the match objectives. You get contributory points for match objectives but minimal. The objectives for all matches should then be 1) kill everyone and oh yeah (2), cap resources or cap a base or hold the domination point longest or destroy a base. Because that is how players are scored.

Well that is like one and half year slow necro response....

Matches are super rarely won by doing purely objective, killing off enemies 1st lets you do objectives without any kind of resistance in the end.

And like you wrote, quickplay basically works like that.. kill enemy and finish objective. Objectives do force where combat is going to happen though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users