44 replies to this topic

#1 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:09 PM

Absolutely hate the @#%&*@)! game today. Stompville over and over again.

I hope the tier reset shakes itself out soon because this is no fun at all.

#2 Dionnsai

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 469 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:18 PM

yep, it's going to take a little while for everyone to get into the tier they belong in.

#3 L1f3H4ck

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 738 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 06:42 PM

Stomps are lore

https://www.sarna.ne..._Loss_Groupings

#4 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,761 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:13 PM

View PostDakkalistic, on 30 June 2020 - 06:42 PM, said:

Oh sure, out of all the things in the lore, the one that makes into the game is stomps? Posted Image

#5 Thraka

• PipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 08:55 PM

I don't even feel like it's PSR. It's just not matching tonnage correctly. I'm in matches where we have 1 assault vs 6 assaults. It's not even worth playing that match, our team just threw it.

Edited by Thraka, 30 June 2020 - 09:07 PM.

#6 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,783 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:06 PM

View PostThraka, on 30 June 2020 - 08:55 PM, said:

I don't even feel like it's PSR. It's just not matching tonnage correctly. I'm in matches where we have 1 assault vs 6 assaults. It's not even worth player.

the thing about assaults is that most of them tend to be piloted by players who think that a bigger more expensive mech will make them less of a potato. and then they get isolated and eaten by squirrels.

#7 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:28 PM

Tonnage is worth nothing if it's met by skill and teamplay. Did'nt recognize an unusual amount of stomps, either. Everyone has to chill for the time to come. We are all equal in regards of PSR for now.

#8 Snowhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 433 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:29 PM

I don't even feel like it's PSR. It's just not matching tonnage correctly. I'm in matches where we have 1 assault vs 6 assaults. It's not even worth playing that match, our team just threw it.

I thougt this will happen. All were focussing on the new psr System. Only a few wrote in the Forums About the Disproportion of the weight classes. Distribution of the weight classes per Team is just as important as Tier rank. GG close!

#9 Vindicated

• PipPipPip
  • Sho-sa-ni
  • Sho-sa-ni
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:40 PM

I had a match earlier (conquest of course) that was decided by our team having enough lights (light group?) whereas the other team had heavy/assaults. It does depend on the team to live enough, but most of our team still died. That's where game mode = win

#10 Eindridi

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:51 PM

The play of a 4 man group has a disproportionate effect on the success of the match, and quite a few games will be won or lost before the drop. A lot of established players will be dropping in organized 4s over the next few days to hit t1 again, and if you are someone who does not care about the e-buddy aspect of the game, you will either have to carry really hard right now or just accept that it will be obnoxious for a few days. By this weekend you probably won't notice any difference.

#11 JediPanther

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:54 PM

The stomps will continue until moral improves...or you hide in a stealth mech and go steal killing.

#12 MrMadguy

• 2,199 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 09:57 PM

Dunno. I personally see improvement of match quality. Yeah, it's not 100% perfect, but my last match was 11:12. Haven't seen such close matches for a long time.

#13 Vindicated

• PipPipPip
  • Sho-sa-ni
  • Sho-sa-ni
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:19 PM

View PostMrMadguy, on 30 June 2020 - 09:57 PM, said:

Dunno. I personally see improvement of match quality. Yeah, it's not 100% perfect, but my last match was 11:12. Haven't seen such close matches for a long time.

I saw an improvement immediately after the reset and before the event started, no nascar, people talked on coms and stuck together. I was seeing almost 10 good teams to one bad one. After the new event, that tended to fall apart.

#14 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,607 posts

Posted 30 June 2020 - 10:53 PM

That's more likely due to a shift in prime time.

#15 MrMadguy

• 2,199 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:07 AM

View PostVindicated, on 30 June 2020 - 10:19 PM, said:

I saw an improvement immediately after the reset and before the event started, no nascar, people talked on coms and stuck together. I was seeing almost 10 good teams to one bad one. After the new event, that tended to fall apart.

May be that's because PSR ratings started to spread, as players play more and more.

P.S. My last match was the greatest example of why skill >> weight. Enemy team was much lighter. It was 3 groups of same unit, exploiting same 'Mechs - 4 Incubuses and 2 Vapor Eagles. Plus fast commando. I saw only 1 Assault on their side. Our team was heavier. But my Assault was unskilled stock IS 'Mech. And our last player was almost fresh laser vomit Top Dog. And he failed to kill 2 crippled Incubuses/Vapor Eagles (don't remember exactly) due to spreading his attention between them too much and firing not at right moments, wasting his opportunities.

#16 Jag Hiroshi

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 12:15 AM

Man .... I got hit hard by this yesterday after the reset. Trying to clear an event challenge that required a new mech resulted in back to back roflstomping. If it's the same this evening, I'll sit this out until the bell curve emerges and I can enjoy a match without feeling like I'm being teabagged.

#17 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 01 July 2020 - 01:32 AM

I'm going to continue the shitplay I always perpetrate in QP. **** the PSR, **** teams, **** not having fun.

#18 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:00 AM

The worst part of this is that to stop the good and bad players from having a big impact in a match they need to grind their way down or up, the solution is to unfortunately just wait a week or two for this to hopefully normalise.

#19 Knight Captain Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 340 posts

Posted 01 July 2020 - 05:17 AM

I want to enjoy the game but deleting the solo que lead to a massive increase in stomps to the point it was no longer enjoyable and I uninstalled. I was hoping the reset might help so I watched 3 matches on twitch last night, all 3 were stomps...

#20 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 01 July 2020 - 05:27 AM

View PostHawker Siddeley, on 01 July 2020 - 02:00 AM, said:

The worst part of this is that to stop the good and bad players from having a big impact in a match they need to grind their way down or up, the solution is to unfortunately just wait a week or two for this to hopefully normalise.

Figure I'm gonna sit this one out for a bit. Why they couldn't bothered to go back through the last 3 months of data and apply this system to pre-seed the tiers is beyond me. I blame the "community".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users