Psr Tier Metrics - Round 1

644 replies to this topic

#501 morosis

• PipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 10:52 AM

View Postmartian, on 06 August 2020 - 10:31 AM, said:

Why bother? You are playing the game even in the current state, aren't you? MInimally viable product, remember?

Only because the community wanted this PSR reset for so long, and we all agreed that it was needed. Patience with the post-reset world is implied to be part of the deal, and I am doing my best with that.

Abuse of certain portions of the player base was not part of the deal. I am asking if they are 1) aware that one portion of the player base is being abused in this current system, and 2) when, if ever, they intend to solve it.

I believe those are both fair questions and fair expectations.

#502 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,789 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 11:12 AM

View Postmorosis, on 06 August 2020 - 10:52 AM, said:

Only because the community wanted this PSR reset for so long, and we all agreed that it was needed.

We all agreed that this PSR reset came years after it was really needed, years after the majority of MWO players left the game..

Patience with the post-reset world is implied to be part of the deal, and I am doing my best with that.

Paul Inouye said:

At the end of 3 months, we'll take a hard look at all numbers involved and discuss with you the next steps.

See? You are going to enjoy this for at least the next two months.

Abuse of certain portions of the player base was not part of the deal. I am asking if they are 1) aware that one portion of the player base is being abused in this current system, and 2) when, if ever, they intend to solve it.

When you created your MWO account, you have agreed that PGI can do whatever they wish, whenever they wish. This is your "deal".

Thus, when Russ Bullock and Paul Inouye say: "It is going to be so and so!", the only thing that you can do is to say: "Thank you."

The question is not if they know about it, but if they care enough to do something with it.

I believe those are both fair questions and fair expectations.

My expectations towards PGI are based on years of being on the receiving end of PGI's decisions.

#503 morosis

• PipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 11:55 AM

View Postmartian, on 06 August 2020 - 11:12 AM, said:

We all agreed that this PSR reset came years after it was really needed, years after the majority of MWO players left the game..

then why do it? this experience is orders of magnitude worse than pre-PSR reset. and even more orders of magnitude worse than pre-group merge. this is the worst the game has ever been, for me. the fact that PGI is going through all this effort implies they want to improve things. i think we can help by calling attention to what's failing.

See? You are going to enjoy this for at least the next two months.

they said that, then they pulled a surprise "tightening" of the matchmaker with no warning. then they fiddled with the timing of when the tier gates opened and who could be put into games, or how the tonnage would be balanced. they say these things and then do other things behind the scenes. nobody believes these statements.

When you created your MWO account, you have agreed that PGI can do whatever they wish, whenever they wish. This is your "deal". Thus, when Russ Bullock and Paul Inouye say: "It is going to be so and so!", the only thing that you can do is to say: "Thank you."

I may be stuck with the results of their decisions, but I am still a customer. Unless they are complete idiots at business then they should care if the results of their decisions are creating poor user experience. This is not a huge IP anymore. We are a niche community. The cost of re-acquiring a customer that they lose is very high. And with their small-transaction based approach to game design, its even moreso. I choose to believe they are not quite this stupid.

The question is not if they know about it, but if they care enough to do something with it.

Given that most of the player population is not affected by this issue, does not know about it, and does not understand it, there is a real chance PGI does not know about it either.

My expectations towards PGI are based on years of being on the receiving end of PGI's decisions.

A legacy of bad decisions does not prevent them from making good decisions as well. I believe that the PSR reset was an olive branch toward the community. I believe they want us to have a better experience in the waning years of this game. and if i believe that, then i should also believe they intend for these systems to work better than they are currently working.

Edited by morosis, 06 August 2020 - 12:25 PM.

#504 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 04:08 PM

Dude they have our money
Not much blood left in this stone after squeezing it dry for 7 plus years - End of life cycle
The don't want to run at a loss, so they kill it with the merge or its wildly successful, either way not leaking money.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 06 August 2020 - 04:09 PM.

#505 morosis

• PipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 04:47 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 06 August 2020 - 04:08 PM, said:

Dude they have our money
Not much blood left in this stone after squeezing it dry for 7 plus years - End of life cycle
The don't want to run at a loss, so they kill it with the merge or its wildly successful, either way not leaking money.

The only job a company has with an EOL product that's in maintenance mode is to not piss off the loyal remaining customers so much that they don't buy your next product.

In other words, by keeping MWO alive, its fair to say that they might get very little money from us here. But by keeping us engaged with the universe and the community its more likely we'll buy the next thing, maybe its mw5 for some, maybe its mwo2 down the line. who knows. we are what's called captive customers. they want to keep us so that they dont need to re-acquire us later.

Their only benefit in keeping MWO alive is that we remain loyal and engaged.

Their only goal in keeping MWO alive is that we remain loyal and engaged.

Needless to say, the way to keep an audience loyal and engaged is not by making their experience with your product the worst it has ever been, then making it even worse, and then remaining silent when those customers ask you to address the issues. That is the exact opposite of what you want to do.

#506 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 05:56 PM

Dude you preaching to the choir
Theory and fact are not always the same
After all they took solo Queue the most successful queue this game has ever seen and added groups.

Put new players in T3
So the groups would have people to farm

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 06 August 2020 - 05:58 PM.

#507 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 05:57 PM

View PostBiomechtric, on 06 August 2020 - 12:07 AM, said:

Either you have been extremely unlucky or I have been very lucky?? not sure which?
I have, over the life of the supply cache system's life, won 2 mechs, 1000's of MC & XP, millions of cbills, loads of cockpit items, loads of decals & many, many wepaons(which can be sold).
Sorry but I can't see anything bad in that, in any way, they are free & everyone gets given them. Maybe jut because I look at it this way instead of looking at each box by individual value.
Ever heard the saying 'Never look a gift horse in the mouth'? If not, well, you have now.

Not willing to look up the video but one person opens multiple dozens of supply cache to the tune of, i believe 50ish mc, "cockpit items" (which means a sea of the dull FRR flag or a single other faction), and srm 2s as far as the eye can see.

I've opened hundreds myself and had similar experience except i have never seen MC.

By the time one opens enough caches to pool enough "junk" to have a junk sale worth the time it takes to go through inventory, one is already well past the point of worrying about money.

Sure, I could sell off the cache junk....then toss it in the pile with the rest of the 230-ish million cbills i have sitting around collecting dust.

Put another way, you get free stuff in your mailbox every day don't you? Do you look at it and say "Oh wow, companies are sending me free coupons in quantities large enough to fill my mailbox!"

Or do you do the realistic response that literally everyone does and say "I wonder if there's any actual mail in this junk" then sort out any real parcel you have before throwing every single piece of that "free gift" you've gotten in the trash.

Gift horses indeed.

Some horses are glue.

#508 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 06:00 PM

Trojan Horse
A fine gift
Posted Image

#509 Akillius II

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 06:08 PM

All PGI does is find new ways to piss off the customers, year in and year out.

They don't have our money because they pissed off most of us who bought their crap month after month.
Only to watch it nerfed a couple weeks later, and god forbid if PGI wrote "Exclusive only to" because that means they'll dump it as worthless freebie rewards to everyone in a year or two.

As for defeatist EOL talk, that's been going on for years now.
But I can certainly see why with PSR and how PGI still failed to listen & comprehend. Because as many pointed out there's data for existing players use it for their tier. And the teams being in QP solo...
Oh the wait times boo hoo.
Hey try playing Dreadnought in 2018 with wait times of +15 minutes and a playerbase of just couple hundred but now its just bots with 0-to-none players after bots added then firing all Devs.

No Man's Sky was Dead On Arrival in 2016, limped along with a couple hundred players until 2018.
Now its considered a massive comeback success story with playerbase in the thousands because of good management.

Everytime PGI radically changed things and caused a massive wave of players to leave should've made someone at the top take the time to read the messages, maybe listen to what was then polite constructive criticism instead of Blocking anyone who doesn't kiss up to Russ.

Sorry but there's plenty of other games out there and more arriving monthly with developers that would love to have a playerbase of a couple thousand people and will gladly develop their game to garner more interest. Instead of trying to kill off the once semi-functional golden goose and probably trying to do it slowly with Long Toms, just saying...
Hell even the developers of Entropia Universe have done a far better job at milking players for nearly 2 decades and that game sucks!

Sorry for the rant its not meant for you the players.
Its over half a decade overdue from watching fumble after fumble.

#510 Clint Taurus

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 06:55 PM

Isn't there supposed to be a big PSR boost for a player's first 20 or so matches after the PSR reset? I haven't had time to play since the reset until recently, when I've had time to get in about 25 matches in recent days. I have played well and presently rank like #54 on the match score leaderboard for August. At least for now, I'm ahead of great players like Bows3r, justcallmeASH, Sean Lang, Jiffy etc... Yet my account is still tier 3? Where's the boost?

#511 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 08:53 PM

There is no boost.

#512 Clint Taurus

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 09:02 PM

So they just reset us to force us to grind again? [redacted]

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 06 August 2020 - 11:22 PM.

#513 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 09:56 PM

No, the reset was because of the introduction of the new PSR system. Grind? What grind? It's not that you get a participation medal for reaching a higher tier or anything. Just play the game and forget looking at PSR as some kind of reward. CBills and XP and challenge payouts are your rewards.

#514 Clint Taurus

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 19 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 11:24 PM

I want to play with and against other good veteran players, not noobs that waste my time. IDK about the rest of you, but every minute I'm not working on my business costs me at least a couple hundred an hour, no matter what I'm doing. I would like to at least get some enjoyment out of that time.

Edited by Clint Taurus, 06 August 2020 - 11:27 PM.

#515 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 11:29 PM

Well, since you are a great player, you will be back in the saddle in no time. Also, since population can be low at times, you may see some of your desired co-players along the way already.

#516 Biomechtric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 123 posts

Posted 06 August 2020 - 11:47 PM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 06 August 2020 - 05:57 PM, said:

Not willing to look up the video but one person opens multiple dozens of supply cache to the tune of, i believe 50ish mc, "cockpit items" (which means a sea of the dull FRR flag or a single other faction), and srm 2s as far as the eye can see.

I've opened hundreds myself and had similar experience except i have never seen MC.

By the time one opens enough caches to pool enough "junk" to have a junk sale worth the time it takes to go through inventory, one is already well past the point of worrying about money.

Sure, I could sell off the cache junk....then toss it in the pile with the rest of the 230-ish million cbills i have sitting around collecting dust.

Put another way, you get free stuff in your mailbox every day don't you? Do you look at it and say "Oh wow, companies are sending me free coupons in quantities large enough to fill my mailbox!"

Or do you do the realistic response that literally everyone does and say "I wonder if there's any actual mail in this junk" then sort out any real parcel you have before throwing every single piece of that "free gift" you've gotten in the trash.

Gift horses indeed.

Some horses are glue.

So you are saying I am lying?
https://steamcommuni.../?id=1648146945
https://steamcommuni.../?id=1587037064
https://steamcommuni.../?id=1122578365
https://steamuserima...B2A04A49D68CEC/
https://steamcommuni...s/?id=924346163

& these are just a few, some from the old supply cache system & some from the new.
What about any of this is unfair or wrong? please tell me because I can't see it.

#517 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,701 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 07 August 2020 - 12:26 AM

View PostBiomechtric, on 06 August 2020 - 11:47 PM, said:

So you are saying I am lying?
https://steamcommuni.../?id=1648146945
https://steamcommuni.../?id=1587037064
https://steamcommuni.../?id=1122578365
https://steamuserima...B2A04A49D68CEC/
https://steamcommuni...s/?id=924346163

& these are just a few, some from the old supply cache system & some from the new.
What about any of this is unfair or wrong? please tell me because I can't see it.

He's saying that the occasional UR Supply Cache - and BTW, they stopped giving out mechs in caches a long time ago - doesn't change the fact most of them are garbage.

#518 Biomechtric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 12:46 AM

I know they stopped giving out mechs but thought it showed(& it does) that they aren't all bad.
Yes the chances are quite low of getting the good stuff but THEY ARE FREE!! Anyone play the lottery? your chances of a big win there are way smaller than getting a decent supply cache, my screenshots prove this as how many people, worldwide have won big wins on the lottery more than 5 times(& these are just the screenshots I uploaded, I have more but can't be bothered going through them all.
What exactly do you all feel PGI should be giving you in the cache's? Don't you get enough from the constant, never ending events?

#519 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,608 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 12:48 AM

for some minds, it's never enough

#520 Biomechtric

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 123 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 01:04 AM