Complete Collections

41 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 12:05 PM

Announcing Complete Collections!
Assorted Mech Bundles that change every 48 hours!
Each Bundle contains:
  • all the Hero and Standard variants available for that particular chassis.
  • Mech Bays for each Variant are included!
  • All at a discounted price!
Purchase any Complete Collection during the
and get 50 Loot Bag Bonus Redeems
Please Note:

• Complete Collections are The Hero and Standard 'Mechs available in the game at the time of purchase.
  • Special, Champion, and Loyalty 'Mechs are not included.
  • Each 'Mech comes with a Mech Bay.
  • Allow up to 10 minutes for collection to be added to your account.
  • Refunds are granted in cases where none of the Collection content has yet been delivered.
  • If your Collection content has been delivered prior to the refund request, contact Support.
  • Issues purchasing? Contact Support.
  • There is a Complete Collection for every chassis in the game.
  • Complete Collections change every 48 hours and are randomly selected so we won't be able to tell you what is next.
  • Complete Collections may go offline, change mech offerings or the number and type of mechs available at any time.

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 12:21 PM

Nice new approach! Also first!

#3 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:23 PM

and for a limited time, if you buy one, you get one free.Posted Image

#4 G2SC

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:25 PM

papa needs a new Blood Asp

#5 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 July 2020 - 01:45 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 16 July 2020 - 12:21 PM, said:

Nice new approach! Also first!

I like their approach with this, too. :)

If they want to sweeten the Deal, they should also provide a version of the Collection Packages which includes those various Special & Champion Variants for people to purchase. Yes, it should be along with the Full Set of Hero Mechs and Standard Variants in each Collection Package that's up for purchase. (If they already have this, it means I missed something, and would appreciate being shown where that is.) It's nothing short of an automatic win for them, I think. :D

~D. V. "just being positive and throwing in an idea for these Complete Collections rotating assortments" Devnull

#6 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 16 July 2020 - 02:09 PM

So not a cheap way to get Invasion 'Mechs, okay.

#7 Lance McRaven

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMentor, Ohio

Posted 16 July 2020 - 02:45 PM

So, can you get the bonus loot bags more than once? If you buy multiple collections, will you get multiple bonuses?

#8 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 03:02 PM

I find it interesting that mechs are being sold in chassis variant packs again, given that multiples of the same chassis was essentially only really useful under the previous leveling system.

Especially given that there are no Special, Champion, or Loyalty offerings in these bundles. The original bundles carried multiple mechs at one Hero mech and one Champion mech, in addition to another popular variant.

I'm curious as for whom this sale product is designed?

Edited by OneTeamPlayer, 16 July 2020 - 03:05 PM.

#9 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 03:43 PM

View PostLance McRaven, on 16 July 2020 - 02:45 PM, said:

So, can you get the bonus loot bags more than once? If you buy multiple collections, will you get multiple bonuses?

Yes you get 50 Loot bags for every complete collection you purchase during the event.

#10 Lance McRaven

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMentor, Ohio

Posted 16 July 2020 - 03:44 PM

WHOO HOO!!!!! Thank You Matt!!!!!!!

#11 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:32 PM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 16 July 2020 - 03:02 PM, said:

I'm curious as for whom this sale product is designed?

Perhaps it's for the Newbie Players that have come in, because they might not understand the point of the Champion/Special/Invasion/etc. Chassis Variants that exist? :o

That's why I suggested the Super-Complete versions that would have the whole spread of those in addition to the Hero & Standard stack of Variants which are up for purchase. ;)

~D. V. "thinking it might be for the Newbies, and pitching an idea for those who have been here for a bit" Devnull

#12 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 04:56 PM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 16 July 2020 - 03:02 PM, said:

I find it interesting that mechs are being sold in chassis variant packs again, given that multiples of the same chassis was essentially only really useful under the previous leveling system. Especially given that there are no Special, Champion, or Loyalty offerings in these bundles. The original bundles carried multiple mechs at one Hero mech and one Champion mech, in addition to another popular variant. I'm curious as for whom this sale product is designed?

• My Original design intention was to create packs for Mechs that are in game but never had a package in the store (Blackjack, Cataphract ETC) or the package was retired. (Phoenix Packs)
  • The intention now is to offer a full collection of a particular chassis for 48 hours for the player who is the collector type but would like decent value but keep their C-Bills for customizing their mechs.
  • Its not going to be for everyone :)
  • Its worth noting this is a bit of an experiment. So as the fine print says it may be changed or even go away.

#13 rolly

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 995 posts
  • LocationDown the street from the MWO server

Posted 16 July 2020 - 05:40 PM

You know this is great and all but I've got all the mechs I want.

I really just wanted increased content and game development as a supporter from the start. There is no point in having all the toys if the playground doesn't have growth, change and show development. Much less if there isn't a thriving community to play with said toys. Seven years in and its the same events template ad nausium too. I understand you guys need to keep the lights on but the Pokemech GO driven theme with MWO has gotten old long ago.

ie. I'll easily drop $20-50 if it would get me a new map or expansion, even $10-15 on a decal faction combo, or faction specific colour palette combo. But no, we're still playing Pokemech/loot bag/kill X number of goombas to get 100 MC.

Thank you for your effort but no thank you, I'll pass.

Edited by rolly, 16 July 2020 - 05:44 PM.

#14 Hiten Bongz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 228 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 July 2020 - 06:21 PM

I'd drop money if these "complete collections" were actually...complete...and contained the loyalty, special, and champion mechs.

Other than that, not really interested, as these are the same mechs that have already gone on sale hundreds of times for 50%+.

edit: And/or offer "special collections" that contains the loyalty, special, and champion mechs...obviously not all chassis would have a special collection, but for the ones that do, people would spend a bit of money on (because they're somewhat unique).

Edited by Hiten Bongz, 16 July 2020 - 08:28 PM.

#15 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 16 July 2020 - 09:46 PM

I like the idea, but what about making Master Collections available with the other's also and a 1000 GSP pack ;)

#16 Kurb

• PipPip
  • Sergeant
  • Sergeant
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 02:36 AM

The OCD in me compels me to point out that the front page banner writes "CHANGES EVER 48 HOURS".

Edit: Yay, typo fixed.

Edited by Kurb, 17 July 2020 - 10:21 PM.

#17 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 17 July 2020 - 07:13 AM

"would you like to buy a mech pack?"

#18 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,367 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 17 July 2020 - 08:19 AM

As a "new" returning player (only played a bit of MWO during the Founder Package era), we would be willing to pony up real life cash if:

~the "complete" collections package must include the Champion + Special variants.
(We also want the Loyalty variants too, if that is at all possible for real life cash).

Enough said? ;)

#19 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 17 July 2020 - 09:00 AM

The thought of grinding out 5 Mist Lynx (or whatever), just to complete a collection, just depresses me. You want more buy in with these, then I humbly suggest that you throw in, say, 45 GSP per mech and I think you might actually get more significant buy in. Throw in enough GXP to insta-level all the variants in a given pack and I think even some of the more jaded players would even be tempted to throw in for a pack or two.

Oh, and Matt, if you can convince Paul to give us back 8-man group queue, I'll do a give away and buy $500 worth of these things. Deal?

Edited by Bud Crue, 17 July 2020 - 09:02 AM.

#20 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 17 July 2020 - 08:28 PM

View PostBowelhacker, on 17 July 2020 - 07:13 AM, said:

"would you like to buy a mech pack?"

They don't offer complete list of chassis...

View Postw0qj, on 17 July 2020 - 08:19 AM, said:

As a "new" returning player (only played a bit of MWO during the Founder Package era), we would be willing to pony up real life cash if:

~the "complete" collections package must include the Champion + Special variants.
(We also want the Loyalty variants too, if that is at all possible for real life cash).

Enough said? Posted Image

Yup, for the die hard fans...

View PostBud Crue, on 17 July 2020 - 09:00 AM, said:

The thought of grinding out 5 Mist Lynx (or whatever), just to complete a collection, just depresses me. You want more buy in with these, then I humbly suggest that you throw in, say, 45 GSP per mech and I think you might actually get more significant buy in. Throw in enough GXP to insta-level all the variants in a given pack and I think even some of the more jaded players would even be tempted to throw in for a pack or two.

Oh, and Matt, if you can convince Paul to give us back 8-man group queue, I'll do a give away and buy $500 worth of these things. Deal?

Or this...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users