Jump to content

Complete Collections


33 replies to this topic

#21 K4I 4LL4RD LI4O

    Member

  • PipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 36 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 05:52 AM

Include the Steam Packs and I am game. Or Clan wave 1-3 a la carte for a reasonable price withe the special geomitry variant...otherwise...been there done that...

#22 w0qj

    Member

  • PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 10:24 AM

Never mind... just got the Fafnir ultimate pack, which apparently included the Special variant which we wanted: FNR-5(S).
(Apparently there's no Champion variant in this pack--pls correct us if we are wrong!)

Yeah, know that it was on sale literally a ~week ago, but then again not gonna wait...

#23 Bud Crue

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,241 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 19 July 2020 - 03:44 AM

Ice Ferrets.

For forty three real life dollars.

That is perhaps the boldest thing I have ever seen.

#24 OneTeamPlayer

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 369 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:24 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 19 July 2020 - 03:44 AM, said:

Ice Ferrets.

For forty three real life dollars.

That is perhaps the boldest thing I have ever seen.


Oh wow, I hadn't even glanced across the prices.

Wow so they are selling these for those types of prices for all normal variants.

They're also selling a 43 dollar pack of variants on an omnimech that can achieve the same effect simply by buying components.


These packs are a newbie trap and I can't begin to explain how disappointed I am by this set of actions.

Edited by OneTeamPlayer, 19 July 2020 - 07:25 AM.


#25 Red Potato Standing By

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 131 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:47 AM

I know I am kinda sad about the price of the ice ferret I was gonna buy it when it came up but not at 43 American ( which is probably 65 or so Canadian) oh well

#26 RRAMIREZ

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 74 posts
  • LocationIn the Blob

Posted 19 July 2020 - 08:01 AM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 19 July 2020 - 07:24 AM, said:

Wow so they are selling these for those types of prices for all normal variants.

normal AND HERO(s) (both heros in some case)
but no champion, special, loyalty variants.

But true that for omnimecs, it's not.. the way I would go.
Specially with Icefrige with 6 normal variants.

but 12,5$ for wolfhound hero + 4 regular variants could be a deal for some

#27 L U C A MCMLXXVI

    Member

  • PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 01:02 AM

Nice...

#28 Frenzy Engine

    Member

  • Pip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 08:02 PM

Has the Mad Cat MKII already been through the collections? I wasn't paying attention to the sale when it first came out. I've had my eye on Deathstrike for awhile now ... maybe if I time it right (if it hasn't passed yet that is), then I would probably go for it finally.

Anyone know? I looked to see if there was a past list but couldn't find one.

#29 Aidan Crenshaw

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 1,732 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 09:12 PM

I don't think I've seen the Madcat MKII collection yet.

#30 Rev-e-nant

    Rookie

  • The Handsome Devil
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 09:47 AM

View PostFrenzy Engine, on 22 July 2020 - 08:02 PM, said:

Has the Mad Cat MKII already been through the collections? I wasn't paying attention to the sale when it first came out. I've had my eye on Deathstrike for awhile now ... maybe if I time it right (if it hasn't passed yet that is), then I would probably go for it finally.

Anyone know? I looked to see if there was a past list but couldn't find one.

I don't remember seeing MKII's complete collections, you haven't missed out. The Madcat MKII's (including Deathstrike) are included in the second wave of sales. It will almost certainly be cheaper to buy that one mech vs. the complete collection if that's the only one that interests you. If you haven't already, take advantage of the 2x 3000 MC deal.

#31 Frenzy Engine

    Member

  • Pip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 02:08 PM

View PostRev-e-nant, on 23 July 2020 - 09:47 AM, said:

I don't remember seeing MKII's complete collections, you haven't missed out. The Madcat MKII's (including Deathstrike) are included in the second wave of sales. It will almost certainly be cheaper to buy that one mech vs. the complete collection if that's the only one that interests you. If you haven't already, take advantage of the 2x 3000 MC deal.


The MCII-2 and B both interest me for different builds, but I hadn't seen that MC deal yet. HMMMMM . I got 200k+ c-bills, the 2 and B variants I can easily nab with that. Well, you just got me Deathstrike. Thanks. MWAAHAHAHAHAHA :)

#32 Ed Steele

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,653 posts
  • LocationOn the Argo with my "Outlaws For Hire".

Posted 25 July 2020 - 04:29 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 16 July 2020 - 04:56 PM, said:

  • My Original design intention was to create packs for Mechs that are in game but never had a package in the store (Blackjack, Cataphract ETC) or the package was retired. (Phoenix Packs)
  • The intention now is to offer a full collection of a particular chassis for 48 hours for the player who is the collector type but would like decent value but keep their C-Bills for customizing their mechs.
  • Its not going to be for everyone :)
  • Its worth noting this is a bit of an experiment. So as the fine print says it may be changed or even go away.


This is great for a player like me who compulsively sold most of his mechs to kit out one or two and has regretted it since.

#33 pacifica812

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 286 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 30 July 2020 - 09:17 PM

The price on some deals is off. I was just looking at the Rifleman IIc. You can get a standard package, hero and reinforcements add on + a bunch of cockpit items, titles and 30 days of premium for less than what is offered on Collectors at a "discounted" price.

#34 OneTeamPlayer

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 369 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:12 AM

View Postpacifica812, on 30 July 2020 - 09:17 PM, said:

The price on some deals is off. I was just looking at the Rifleman IIc. You can get a standard package, hero and reinforcements add on + a bunch of cockpit items, titles and 30 days of premium for less than what is offered on Collectors at a "discounted" price.


It's not a bug, it's a feature to get newer players and those who are vulnerable to whale-itis to spend more money.

Common practice in unsavory business locations to offer "bundles" that are not exactly good deals.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users