Complete Collections

41 replies to this topic

#21 K4I 4LL4RD LI4O

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 78 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 05:52 AM

Include the Steam Packs and I am game. Or Clan wave 1-3 a la carte for a reasonable price withe the special geomitry variant...otherwise...been there done that...

#22 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,367 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 18 July 2020 - 10:24 AM

Never mind... just got the Fafnir ultimate pack, which apparently included the Special variant which we wanted: FNR-5(S).
(Apparently there's no Champion variant in this pack--pls correct us if we are wrong!)

Yeah, know that it was on sale literally a ~week ago, but then again not gonna wait...

#23 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 19 July 2020 - 03:44 AM

Ice Ferrets.

For forty three real life dollars.

That is perhaps the boldest thing I have ever seen.

#24 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:24 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 19 July 2020 - 03:44 AM, said:

Ice Ferrets.

For forty three real life dollars.

That is perhaps the boldest thing I have ever seen.

Oh wow, I hadn't even glanced across the prices.

Wow so they are selling these for those types of prices for all normal variants.

They're also selling a 43 dollar pack of variants on an omnimech that can achieve the same effect simply by buying components.

These packs are a newbie trap and I can't begin to explain how disappointed I am by this set of actions.

Edited by OneTeamPlayer, 19 July 2020 - 07:25 AM.

#25 Red Potato Standing By

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 144 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:47 AM

I know I am kinda sad about the price of the ice ferret I was gonna buy it when it came up but not at 43 American ( which is probably 65 or so Canadian) oh well

#26 RRAMIREZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 183 posts
  • LocationIn the Blob

Posted 19 July 2020 - 08:01 AM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 19 July 2020 - 07:24 AM, said:

Wow so they are selling these for those types of prices for all normal variants.

normal AND HERO(s) (both heros in some case)
but no champion, special, loyalty variants.

But true that for omnimecs, it's not.. the way I would go.
Specially with Icefrige with 6 normal variants.

but 12,5$ for wolfhound hero + 4 regular variants could be a deal for some

#27 L U C A MCMLXXVI

• PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 31 posts

Posted 20 July 2020 - 01:02 AM

Nice...

#28 Frenzy Engine

• PipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 08:02 PM

Has the Mad Cat MKII already been through the collections? I wasn't paying attention to the sale when it first came out. I've had my eye on Deathstrike for awhile now ... maybe if I time it right (if it hasn't passed yet that is), then I would probably go for it finally.

Anyone know? I looked to see if there was a past list but couldn't find one.

#29 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 09:12 PM

I don't think I've seen the Madcat MKII collection yet.

#30 Rev-e-nant

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 09:47 AM

View PostFrenzy Engine, on 22 July 2020 - 08:02 PM, said:

Has the Mad Cat MKII already been through the collections? I wasn't paying attention to the sale when it first came out. I've had my eye on Deathstrike for awhile now ... maybe if I time it right (if it hasn't passed yet that is), then I would probably go for it finally.

Anyone know? I looked to see if there was a past list but couldn't find one.

I don't remember seeing MKII's complete collections, you haven't missed out. The Madcat MKII's (including Deathstrike) are included in the second wave of sales. It will almost certainly be cheaper to buy that one mech vs. the complete collection if that's the only one that interests you. If you haven't already, take advantage of the 2x 3000 MC deal.

#31 Frenzy Engine

• PipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 47 posts

Posted 23 July 2020 - 02:08 PM

View PostRev-e-nant, on 23 July 2020 - 09:47 AM, said:

I don't remember seeing MKII's complete collections, you haven't missed out. The Madcat MKII's (including Deathstrike) are included in the second wave of sales. It will almost certainly be cheaper to buy that one mech vs. the complete collection if that's the only one that interests you. If you haven't already, take advantage of the 2x 3000 MC deal.

The MCII-2 and B both interest me for different builds, but I hadn't seen that MC deal yet. HMMMMM . I got 200k+ c-bills, the 2 and B variants I can easily nab with that. Well, you just got me Deathstrike. Thanks. MWAAHAHAHAHAHA :)

#32 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 25 July 2020 - 04:29 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 16 July 2020 - 04:56 PM, said:

• My Original design intention was to create packs for Mechs that are in game but never had a package in the store (Blackjack, Cataphract ETC) or the package was retired. (Phoenix Packs)
  • The intention now is to offer a full collection of a particular chassis for 48 hours for the player who is the collector type but would like decent value but keep their C-Bills for customizing their mechs.
  • Its not going to be for everyone :)
  • Its worth noting this is a bit of an experiment. So as the fine print says it may be changed or even go away.

This is great for a player like me who compulsively sold most of his mechs to kit out one or two and has regretted it since.

#33 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 30 July 2020 - 09:17 PM

The price on some deals is off. I was just looking at the Rifleman IIc. You can get a standard package, hero and reinforcements add on + a bunch of cockpit items, titles and 30 days of premium for less than what is offered on Collectors at a "discounted" price.

#34 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 31 July 2020 - 06:12 AM

View Postpacifica812, on 30 July 2020 - 09:17 PM, said:

The price on some deals is off. I was just looking at the Rifleman IIc. You can get a standard package, hero and reinforcements add on + a bunch of cockpit items, titles and 30 days of premium for less than what is offered on Collectors at a "discounted" price.

It's not a bug, it's a feature to get newer players and those who are vulnerable to whale-itis to spend more money.

Common practice in unsavory business locations to offer "bundles" that are not exactly good deals.

#35 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 15 August 2020 - 08:09 AM

This has helped me get Mechs I normally would not consider at their current pack/bundle prices. Not bad.

#36 Yiryi-Sa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 169 posts

Posted 15 August 2020 - 05:43 PM

Edit: Nevermind; a la carte versions of the Resistance packs are available still.

Edited by Yiryi-Sa, 15 August 2020 - 06:36 PM.

#37 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 15 August 2020 - 11:26 PM

Kodiak CC is more expensive than just buying the non-special combo in packs... :(

#38 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 12:28 AM

View PostBig-G, on 15 August 2020 - 11:26 PM, said:

Kodiak CC is more expensive than just buying the non-special combo in packs... Posted Image

Kodiak CC has Kodiak 1-5 + Hero = 57,50USD

Kodiac Collector pack + Reinforcement + Hero = 70USD

So to get the same stuff you save 12,50USD on the Collector editon. Sure if you only buy the collector and hero that is cheaper by 2,50USD but you are also missing out on the Reinforcment mechs.

What I am missing is the S variant in the CC.

[Edit]
I stand corrected....

Edited by Nesutizale, 16 August 2020 - 01:38 PM.

#39 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 16 August 2020 - 11:50 AM

Actually, you only need the basepack+reinforcements+hero to get the same mechs as the CC and that would be 50$, and you'd get 30 days PT and some cockpit items on top.

#40 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 17 August 2020 - 05:11 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 16 August 2020 - 11:50 AM, said:

Actually, you only need the basepack+reinforcements+hero to get the same mechs as the CC and that would be 50$, and you'd get 30 days PT and some cockpit items on top.

Exactly. I have not worked out the numbers, but in my head the CC has value in PT and cockpit bling is not a concern or interest. Some mechs are likely a much better investment in CC than otherwise.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users