• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:09 AM

Patch - 21st JULY 2020 @ 10AM – 1PM PDT

Patch Number: v1.4.228.0
Standalone Client Patch Size:
7MB

Please note that due to compression differences the Steam patch size may be larger than the standalone client patch size.

• Patch Files (Direct Download) - http://patcher.mwomercs.com/patch/Production/frontend/FrontendPatch_378.zip

Bug Fix

• Fixed a bug where under certain conditions weapon doors would prevent missiles from registering properly on the server.

Patch Files (Direct Download)

To make the patching process easier for players with limited download caps, we'll be providing direct download links for the patch file(s) that comprise this patch. This will allow you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, for manual injection into the MWO patcher through a Patch Cache folder.
Aside from allowing you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, on another connection, there are no additional benefits to performing the patch this way; the patching process itself will be the same.
This direct patch download process will only work for players running the standalone client. It does not apply to players running MWO through Steam.

Patch File(s): To be provided on patch day

How to use these patch files
• Download the above file(s)
• For sake of ease, we recommend creating a dedicated folder for the patch file(s), such as 'MWO Patch Cache'
• You do not need to unzip or unpack the patch file(s)
• Launch the MWO Portal
• Select the three horizontal lines in the top left of the Portal Window
• Choose the 'Specify Patch File Cache' option
• In the field that appears, paste or enter the location in which you saved the patch file(s) and hit OK
• For example, C:\Users\<username>\Documents\MWO Patch Cache
• Click the blue Patch button
• The launcher will now check the Patch Cache folder you defined. If it locates the required patch files, it will unpack and use those files to apply the patch.
• Once the patch is complete, launch the game

#2 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:15 AM

still
no
server
select
bug
fix

#3 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:18 AM

What about a new content for MWO?

#4 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 17 July 2020 - 11:45 AM

How come you patch based on comment from a noob in GD last week? I posted this exact same missile problem in September of 2019!?

https://youtu.be/PBXb3kYrhzI?t=21

Edited by Spheroid, 17 July 2020 - 12:06 PM.

#5 K4I 4LL4RD LI4O

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 78 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:07 PM

PGI wake up!!! Paul, Matt, whoever, do something. This was the worst day I had in MWO so far and I am playing on several accounts over the years and invested hundreds if not thousands of Euro. Matchmaker is a joke. Waitingtime between matches unexaptable. Tiersystem and Matchscore is fundamantaly broken. You wanted skills to count for tier ranking well it is only damage that counts making good lightmech players obsolet.I know that I am not alone with my frustration cause it is the same through out every gamechat and if you need more confirmation watch baraduls latest video on youtube and hear what he has to say. I am close to quiting the game now. A game that I loved to play for years. Get your act together people, this game and community diserves better and most of use don't give a s... about MW5 until it is complett in about 3 years time judging from your development speed.

#6 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 17 July 2020 - 12:58 PM

Bug fixes are always appreciated.

Me and my Catapult thank you.

Edited by VonBruinwald, 17 July 2020 - 12:58 PM.

#7 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 17 July 2020 - 02:02 PM

@ PGI Staff — Thanks for the Emergency Bug Fix for the Weapon Doors that you're about to throw in. Hit Registry should never be allowed to fail, because that ends up providing unexpected immunity to opposing targets, which would definitely ruin the game. :)

Since this will have an impact on other things, is the time that's allocated to the July 2020 Beach Party Event going to get a minor extension to compensate for this Emergency Bug Fix to the MWO Game, or is everyone unfortunately losing the time needed to put the Patch into play? :o

As for these thoughts...

View PostVonBruinwald, on 17 July 2020 - 12:58 PM, said:

I second this. We shouldn't be having problems due to a glitch with Weapon Doors on any Mech in the game. My own Dervishes, Catapults, Kintaros, and King Crabs are all thankful to have this issue cleared up. ^_^

~D. V. "glad for the Emergency Bug Fix on the Weapon Doors happening" Devnull

#8 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 17 July 2020 - 02:54 PM

View PostSpheroid, on 17 July 2020 - 11:45 AM, said:

How come you patch based on comment from a noob in GD last week? I posted this exact same missile problem in September of 2019!?

https://youtu.be/PBXb3kYrhzI?t=21

They don't read the forums. I emailed a link to a video of the problem and a link to the forum to tech support, and they responded to that. I'm happy to see they fixed it so quickly, but disappointed to know it was ever a problem if it was this easy to fix. I would have complained about it a couple years ago if I had owned Butterbee back then. Last time I ran SRMs on a Catapult, they were outside the weapon doors.

#9 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 17 July 2020 - 03:33 PM

What about fixing the Leaderboards in CW?` They are not working since 10 months or so.

#10 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 18 July 2020 - 05:43 AM

View Posttee5, on 17 July 2020 - 03:33 PM, said:

What about fixing the Leaderboards in CW?` They are not working since 10 months or so.

I think this bug is at least a year old if not longer. What is bad is everyone just blows you off when you even mention it.
it was the patch that was breaking it and nobody is going to put any effort in fixing that whole process. The patch always broke the leaderboards. remember?

#11 LTC Kilgore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 05:43 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 17 July 2020 - 02:54 PM, said:

They don't read the forums. I emailed a link to a video of the problem and a link to the forum to tech support, and they responded to that. I'm happy to see they fixed it so quickly, but disappointed to know it was ever a problem if it was this easy to fix. I would have complained about it a couple years ago if I had owned Butterbee back then. Last time I ran SRMs on a Catapult, they were outside the weapon doors.

You actually got a response from support? I have several reports of bugs from YEARS ago that have been completely ignored with no contact from support to try to resolve the issue. Several recent bug reports haven't even received the auto-response "we received your report" e-mail.

I took it as a sign, well one of many signs, that PGI has packed it in and abandoned MWO completely.

#12 Shock21

• PipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 43 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 06:03 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 17 July 2020 - 02:02 PM, said:

I second this. We shouldn't be having problems due to a glitch with Weapon Doors on any Mech in the game. My own Dervishes, Catapults, Kintaros, and King Crabs are all thankful to have this issue cleared up. Posted Image

We shouldn't have weapon doors at all. They aren't explained anywhere in the game. How is a new player ever going to know they even exist, much less what they do?
Just make them all work like King Crab arms and be done with it. They should have no game effect at all.

#13 OneTeamPlayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 399 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 06:11 AM

View PostShock21, on 18 July 2020 - 06:03 AM, said:

We shouldn't have weapon doors at all. They aren't explained anywhere in the game. How is a new player ever going to know they even exist, much less what they do?
Just make them all work like King Crab arms and be done with it. They should have no game effect at all.

Unless they've been changed, weapon bay doors give a slight bonus (10% if i remember correctly) to armor on the location in which they are placed.

#14 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 10:11 AM

View PostOneTeamPlayer, on 18 July 2020 - 06:11 AM, said:

Unless they've been changed, weapon bay doors give a slight bonus (10% if i remember correctly) to armor on the location in which they are placed.

20% damage reduction but only when closed, which they won't be if you are shooting. Unless you get surprised often and start eating damage before shooting, it's better to keep doors open to avoid the delay.

#15 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 03:18 PM

I could see my SRMs landing behind the mech standing in front of me, but thought it was a lag issue.

Didn't expect it was a bug, even less that it would be fixed.

On the side note AMS shoots through rocks, floor, roof whatever... Should we send a video of that too ?

#16 Mister Smile

• PipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 48 posts

Posted 18 July 2020 - 03:31 PM

View PostWarning incoming Humble Dexterer, on 18 July 2020 - 03:18 PM, said:

I could see my SRMs landing behind the mech standing in front of me

Happens with AC-rounds too....

Hit-Reg of certain weapons is abysmal

#17 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 July 2020 - 02:00 PM

View PostWarning incoming Humble Dexterer, on 18 July 2020 - 03:18 PM, said:

I could see my SRMs landing behind the mech standing in front of me, but thought it was a lag issue.

Didn't expect it was a bug, even less that it would be fixed.

On the side note AMS shoots through rocks, floor, roof whatever... Should we send a video of that too ?

Yes, we should! For the first couple of years after I figured out how to turn off AMS, I used to always do that when I was inside a tunnel because I assumed it was just wasting ammo trying to shoot at missiles outside. Then I was the one SHOOTING the missiles outside, and trying desperately to figure out where the AMS was coming from, and why I was having such abysmal luck getting them to their target. That's when I put 2 and 2 together and stopped turning off my AMS. :)

#18 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 19 July 2020 - 02:03 PM

View PostLTC Kilgore, on 18 July 2020 - 05:43 AM, said:

You actually got a response from support? I have several reports of bugs from YEARS ago that have been completely ignored with no contact from support to try to resolve the issue. Several recent bug reports haven't even received the auto-response "we received your report" e-mail.

I took it as a sign, well one of many signs, that PGI has packed it in and abandoned MWO completely.

I've never had bad luck getting an email response. It's the forums they never seem to even look at. I copy the email address from the "support" page into my personal email composition page, and fire it off. I've actually had pretty good luck getting at least an explanation, if not a fix, that way. Of 326 posts (allegedly), I've had two? maybe three? posts responded to by PGI, but only when I'm yelling at Matt or Paul for something on one of their own posts, or when I'm confusing Matt Newman, Paul Inoye, and Paul Newman...

Edited by C337Skymaster, 19 July 2020 - 02:05 PM.

#19 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 02:31 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 17 July 2020 - 12:58 PM, said:

My Archer and King Crab collection totally agree! Posted Image

Now how about that Grim Plexus terrain bug... Posted Image

#20 Paladin IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 118 posts

Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:07 PM

Thank you for this amazing new content PGI! Glad to see you taking care of your community like always <3

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users