Charly spawn on frozen city classic

#22 East Indy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 03 August 2020 - 09:06 AM

1. Replace the generic "player up" badge in the lobby with a better-looking default or even transparency. It just looks so placeholder.
2. Cool shots only work when 'Mech have at least 30% heat, or something just high enough to prevent tragic misclicks.
3. Color strikes differently for teams. We see one color, they see another.
4. This isn't small but what the hey: Allow strike call cancellation (albeit with a long personal cooldow penalty).

#23 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 03 August 2020 - 12:26 PM

View PostEast Indy, on 03 August 2020 - 09:06 AM, said:

3. Color strikes differently for teams. We see one color, they see another.
4. This isn't small but what the hey: Allow strike call cancellation (albeit with a long personal cooldow penalty).

I'd rather strikes require designation from the map screen, place anywhere (and picking the angle of attack for airstrikes). Team members see on their maps where the strike is targetted, enemy does not.

It would effectively allow spotters to call in strikes without carrying their own and bleed into role warfare.

Scouts use UAV's to spot the enemy and commanders (ie assaults) can call in the strikes on the targetted locations.

#24 Lanzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 292 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 03 August 2020 - 06:12 PM

Vote for map and mode, THEN pick the mech you're going to bring. Alternatively, pick your map and mode, then wait until enough other players pick the same one for a match. Those of you who always want to pick Frozen City will then be happy.
Add Swarm and Thunder LRMs.
Fix the freakin' hitreg on PPCs!
More maps/user designed maps.

#25 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 01:15 AM

The Dumb ideas that have been implemented lately

#26 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 02:36 AM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 31 July 2020 - 11:35 PM, said:

Fp: siege always is rotation, with at least 1 better 2 other modes.
Random attacker and defender, so we don't get 4/35 queue.
Fp conquest up to 1500 points (I would test 1500 before taking higher scores, so it is not just skirmish 8.0)

This!

#27 HKO2006

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 05 August 2020 - 03:51 AM

• Able to chain fire weapon groups
  • In mech stats window, mech's quirks are shown in blue so they are different from skills points' green.
  • Active probe and Targeting computer description add a line "Does not speed up lock on for SSRM, LRM and ATM."
  • Change Frozen city classic that assault spawn point near B4, go B4 will meet half of enemy's team and die.
  • Change Canyon network spawn point, forgot which one, where going left will meet half of enemy's team at the next turn and die.
  • Add NARC damage reward

#28 pattonesque

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 05 August 2020 - 09:31 AM

change that one horrible spawn on Tourmaline which forces assaults to sprint two or three grid squares for cover while D4/D5 enemy spawn gets a great peeking spot to snipe from

#29 HKO2006

• Pip
  • 12 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 06 August 2020 - 09:04 AM

• Able to open friends window when in queue
  • Global chat/LFG/recruit chat
  • Unit info page, so units can leave their short descriptops and contact info there, website/discord/TS. Yes we have a forum but having an ingame one also helps guiding newer players
  • Add a pinable window showing FW queue in Home screen and a button to join the queue so you dont need to open FW screen after each match/just to check the queue, also reminds newer players FW exists
  • Able to pin Friends window to keep it open/auto open after a match, so you dont need to reopen it to ready after each match

#30 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 07 August 2020 - 09:37 PM

Add LAM's (Land Air Mechs) into the game

#31 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 08 August 2020 - 02:09 AM

View PostHKO2006, on 05 August 2020 - 03:51 AM, said:

• ..Active probe and Targeting computer description add a line "Does not speed up lock on for SSRM, LRM and ATM."
1. Is above true? I'm horrified.

My LRM boats have been using both BAP (Beagle Active Probe) and Targeting Computer in hopes of faster LRM locks. So is it confirmed that neither of these help in faster LRM locks (despite its description)?

2. Personally I feel that one should let Assault/Heavies running into lights (aka Piranha-like light mechs) and damage them by physical jostling. It's a legitimate tactic, and part of MW lore.
Just try to use your Assault/Heavy to run into these Piranha-like light mechs...it's actually very difficult to do so, since you're much slower.

Edited by w0qj, 08 August 2020 - 02:10 AM.

#32 Yiryi-Sa

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 169 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 06:29 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 31 July 2020 - 10:28 AM, said:

Just a start:
  • Buff SnPPC range.

Would prefer a heat reduction so its more brawl friendly.

My small change suggestion:

Create separate colors for Chassis Quirks and Skill-induced Quirks in tool-tips when viewing a mech chassis' stats.

#33 frumpylumps

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 August 2020 - 12:01 PM

I'd like to see the clutter removed from the enhancement list when you mouse over a mech by changing the display of perks to increase ammo and missile capacity displayed to s a single enhancement instead of listing every ammo type.

#34 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 08 August 2020 - 12:29 PM

View Postw0qj, on 08 August 2020 - 02:09 AM, said:

Is above true? I'm horrified.

Yes, but not technically.

LRM Lock time is dependant on max senor range. BAP and TC increase sensor range which indirectly buffs lock time, but not by a significant factor.

View PostYiryi-Sa, on 08 August 2020 - 06:29 AM, said:

Would prefer a heat reduction so its more brawl friendly.

Either way, it needs a buff.

#35 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 02:47 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 08 August 2020 - 12:29 PM, said:

LRM Lock time is dependant on max senor range. BAP and TC increase sensor range which indirectly buffs lock time, but not by a significant factor.

I think there are some discriptions that need proper explenations like this. I also thought that TC "Targeting time boost" meant faster locks for missiles.

Mh that makes me think...
- Command Console 3t + 6% Sensore Range
- TC VI 6t + 6,4% Sensore Range
So for an LRM boat the Command Console would actualy make sense or lets say would be more efficient.

Then add to it the Cyclops Sensor Rangeboost of 100 (is this meters or % ) and you would have the fastest Lockon for missiles. Am I seeing that right?

Speaking of the BAP...what is the sensore range increase there? Is it "Range boost" or "Mech detection range boost" ?

#36 Volume

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 11:09 AM

View PostGagis, on 30 July 2020 - 02:13 AM, said:

Setting to turn on Override by default
Override warning being small and unobtrusive.

been asking for this since 2012

#37 Tatula

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 683 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 09 August 2020 - 06:22 PM

There ought to be some points given to kill efficiency and not so much biased towards damage. I just kill two lights with dual gauss and still got a negative PSR because I didn't get more damage.

#38 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 11:09 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 08 August 2020 - 12:29 PM, said:

Lock time is only sensor range depenedent on indirect fire locks, that means locks without line-of-sight.

View PostNesutizale, on 09 August 2020 - 02:47 AM, said:

Then add to it the Cyclops Sensor Rangeboost of 100 (is this meters or % ) and you would have the fastest Lockon for missiles. Am I seeing that right?

Speaking of the BAP...what is the sensore range increase there? Is it "Range boost" or "Mech detection range boost" ?

The Cyclops' quirk gives allies in range a flat 150m sensor range buff.

Mech detection range is the range where the active probe is able to detect shutdown mechs, range boost is what increases your sensor range

#39 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 09 August 2020 - 11:32 PM

"Allies in range" does that include you? I think it should, please tell me that they didn't make it just the teammates.

#40 Yoho

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 67 posts

Posted 10 August 2020 - 02:38 AM

1. Add a 'play again' button on the post-battle screen, so that I need not load back into my hangar.
2. Add a 'quit battle' button on the death screen, next to 'spectate'. So that I need not open that 'Esc' menu every timer I die early.
3. Move the 're-join' option from the pop-up panel of the 'quick play' button to the folding menu under the arrow (where you choose server). I'd even say remove it completely for the cases where the mech is dead, but it seems someone deems it useful.
4. Let me keep 'Select mech' panel as the default one, always. I have no need for the home screen, because there's nothing there for me but pretty look.
5. Could we maybe have weapon groups on the same page as Loadout? Also, saved to local drive together with the mech config.
6. Add more filters in the mech shop (by weapons and equipment). I am a nooby in the MW universe, so I've got no idea what mechs have enough laser hardpoints, for example. Or which ones are 'omnimech'. Or which ones are fast. Or which ones have jump jets by default. I have to open every chassis tab and browse through every variant to find the next platform that I'd like to play.
7. Make module (weapon etc) tooltips in mechlab activate on the same mouse action in all position. Currently I should click them to see specs when they're not installed, and I should only hover them when they are (because if I click the tooltip will disappear).
8. Let the armor counters in mech lab work faster. Currently they re-calculate everything on every ton. It is such a pain to add armor manually after you buy a new mech, making a pause on every ton of armor!

Please!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users