#22 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 August 2020 - 06:05 AM

View PostTELEFORCE, on 18 August 2020 - 04:16 AM, said:

Where is the AWS-9Q? You know, the one with 4 PPCs, ECM, and 20 DHS? It should've been in the game years ago. It's literally an 8Q mirrored down its spine! Would it really be that hard to put in???

There are SO many 'mechs that "should" be in-game, that would be "easy" to introduce, and yet aren't here, anyway. Firstly: how do you make people pay real money for them? Secondly, what do they add that isn't already in the game in one form or another? You could do 4 PPCs with ECM on the Hatamoto Chi (minus one heat sink and the small laser) or on the Stalker. No lower arm actuators in either case, though.

There are a ton of Marauder variants that are basically just the 3R with ECM in the CT. How hard would THAT be to put in? With the AWS-9Q, they still have to model the PPC arm without a hand actuator on the left side. With the MAD-7D, they literally just have to add an ECM hardpoint to the MAD-3R, with no visual modification, whatsoever.

Or the Vindicator-4L: ECM on a Vindicator, but no artwork change. Victor 10L has a right-torso missile launcher, but that shouldn't be too hard for them to update. There's a Commando that adds Artemis, so they move the CT SRM launcher to the Left torso. Don't really have to change the artwork, though, since it's the "same" missile launcher "with Artemis"...

And so many Omnimechs that they could add, which we can already create with omnipods, but which they could make unique via set-of-8 quirks, etc. It just bugs my OCD that I'm playing a known TT variant, but everyone's HUD is showing them the wrong one. Posted Image

Honestly, I'd love to see this game get turned over to the community, because I think it would receive the same treatment that MWLL and Battletech have gotten, with the increased number of 'mechs and variants, as well as adding capabilities (like ammo switching) that the original developers, themselves, couldn't ever seem to figure out.

Hell, I'd bet they could even have figured out how to add Triple Strength Myomer, since they managed to put in MASC. And it'd have the same effect as MASC, and just lose all of its brawling bonuses, since there's no brawling in MWO. You have to keep your heat above 30% in order to use it, and it'd otherwise be an automatic thing. Community!!!!! We want Mods!! Posted Image

Edited by C337Skymaster, 18 August 2020 - 06:11 AM.

#23 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 08:10 AM

These past patches have been very underwhelming. It's a good thing I still have fun playing this game. Too bad my wallet is closed until MW5 makes it out of the EGS.

#24 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 18 August 2020 - 08:39 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 17 August 2020 - 12:52 PM, said:

Bug Fix
  • Placed MAD-4A(s) in same Solaris Division as the Standard Variant MAD-4A
Meanwhile at Hunchback :
Posted Image

Edited by Alcom Isst, 18 August 2020 - 09:57 AM.

#25 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 18 August 2020 - 08:53 AM

View PostCarchemish, on 17 August 2020 - 10:07 PM, said:

I don't think MWO is a moneymaker anymore fellas. I read somewhere that the mech packs haven't been profitable in a while, which isn't surprising given that pretty much every mech/weapon combination is spoken for already. So I can't imagine that this game will see the love we're looking for.

Forget mech packs.. how bout just minor things then like re-releasing old maps.. maybe taking cw maps and throwing them into qp.. adjusting qp lances by speed.. just minor tweaks to show signs of life.. it would give players some confidence to buy mc packs.. cockpit items.. etc.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 18 August 2020 - 08:54 AM.

#26 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 18 August 2020 - 08:58 AM

View PostL0RD EVIL, on 17 August 2020 - 11:07 PM, said:

Be nice to patch group merge out. Just stupid *** decision. Didn't even bother to clean up the spawns and weight balance. You think it's normal to have 5 Fafnirs on one team and only two assaults, 95 and crappy 100 tonner champion on other?

Mediocre *** developers. No wonder pop has ****** off.

imagine thinking of fafnirs being op lmfao

#27 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 18 August 2020 - 08:58 AM

<*starts watching for the Patch Download Link to show up, so that they don't have to track it down*>

~D. V. "one of many who does their best to ensure stability on the game client" Devnull

#28 Katrina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 18 August 2020 - 09:37 AM

And here I was hoping for bolt-ons like tires and cockpit items such as quarts of oil and snap-on tools calendars.

#29 BabyCheeta

Rookie

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 09:39 AM

i wonder why they pick to stop working on mho while its the one still bringing the cash i am sure people play and pay for packs, maybe try to focus on what can keep bring people into the game, long time passed and people still playing it thats a BIG hint on what should be the real focus.

#30 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 09:51 AM

We're in the Post-Patch Time Period now, but I don't see a Download Link here... Since PGI is failing to post one, does anyone want to go after that?!?!? :(

EDIT :: Nevermind... I went after it myself, and here it is...
---->> http://patcher.mwomercs.com/patch/Production/frontend/FrontendPatch_379.zip
...and yet still I'll wonder why someone in PGI's Staff doesn't always get the Link up within half of an hour from when Patching Time hits. How hard can this simple thing be, in order to have it for those who NEED (or prefer) the Manual Download option??? -_-

~Mr. D. V. "wondering if this task has fallen to them again" Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 18 August 2020 - 10:07 AM.

#31 technopredator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 18 August 2020 - 10:29 AM

The patcher said 1 MB, the patcher crashed, I started the patcher again, the patcher deleted most of the game and is now downloading 21,000 MB. Fix. Your. Dang. Game.

#32 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 18 August 2020 - 10:39 AM

View Posttechnopredator, on 18 August 2020 - 10:29 AM, said:

The patcher said 1 MB, the patcher crashed, I started the patcher again, the patcher deleted most of the game and is now downloading 21,000 MB. Fix. Your. Dang. Game.

Did you use the steam patcher?

#33 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 10:53 AM

View Posttechnopredator, on 18 August 2020 - 10:29 AM, said:

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 18 August 2020 - 10:39 AM, said:

Did you use the steam patcher?

An even better question... If they're on the StandAlone Portal, did they have Windows Explorer still open while trying to apply the Patch onto the game? Also, why didn't they try the Repair Tool after what they used to do the Patch decided it would crash on them? :mellow:

~D. V. "just not getting why the other helpful steps were ignored" Devnull

#34 Volume

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,097 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 11:09 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 18 August 2020 - 08:53 AM, said:

Forget mech packs.. how bout just minor things then like re-releasing old maps.. maybe taking cw maps and throwing them into qp.. adjusting qp lances by speed.. just minor tweaks to show signs of life.. it would give players some confidence to buy mc packs.. cockpit items.. etc.

I wonder how much work it would be to bring back scouting mode, or allow people to queue for more than one solaris division at a time

#35 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 18 August 2020 - 11:16 AM

View PostVolume, on 18 August 2020 - 11:09 AM, said:

I wonder how much work it would be to bring back scouting mode, or allow people to queue for more than one solaris division at a time

Queuing for more than one mode at a time might prove to be difficult, because they'd have to stagger the launch times enough to account for lag, and also automate the process of kicking you out of the other 6 queues when you got a match. I'd say the queues would have to be staggered by at least 15 or 20 seconds (ideally they'd be evenly staggered, so whatever 1/7th of 120 seconds is).

I'd love to see Scouting mode come back. I used to love that mode, and was generally pretty good at it. My Streak Crow and I were tops, until Stealth Armor came along... :D Even more, I'd love to see the Long Tom come back, because that drove players to Scouting as a matter of necessity.

#36 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 11:30 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 18 August 2020 - 09:51 AM, said:

We're in the Post-Patch Time Period now, but I don't see a Download Link here... Since PGI is failing to post one, does anyone want to go after that?!?!? :(
EDIT :: Nevermind... I went after it myself, and here it is... ---->> http://patcher.mwomercs.com/patch/Production/frontend/FrontendPatch_379.zip ...and yet still I'll wonder why someone in PGI's Staff doesn't always get the Link up within half of an hour from when Patching Time hits. How hard can this simple thing be, in order to have it for those who NEED (or prefer) the Manual Download option??? -_-
~Mr. D. V. "wondering if this task has fallen to them again" Devnull

I was at an appointment that ran long this morning sorry about that - Link is up now

#37 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 18 August 2020 - 12:16 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 18 August 2020 - 11:30 AM, said:

I was at an appointment that ran long this morning sorry about that - Link is up now

Appointment regarding MWO, MW5 or a new job? Posted Image Hopefully not the kind that requires me to wish you well soon.

#38 L U C A MCMLXXVI

• PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 12:53 PM

hi, we need new mechs and new maps ... a new double mode in solaris ... thanks

#39 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 12:59 PM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 18 August 2020 - 12:16 PM, said:

Appointment regarding MWO, MW5 or a new job? Posted Image Hopefully not the kind that requires me to wish you well soon.

Appointment regarding renewing my drivers licence. All government stuff is by appointment now because of Covid.
Drove 20 minutes to spend 45 minutes in a super long social distance line up outside the office.
Then 15 minutes inside the Office in social distance seating.
To spend 5 minutes and $75 CAD for a drivers licence that expires again in the future.
Drove 20 minutes home.
Posting a Zip file because a 1 MB patch managed to crash someones install? PRICELESS

#40 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 09:32 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 18 August 2020 - 04:20 PM, said:

Sounds like a really annoying thing to go through Matt!

It wasn't that bad to be honest. I was trying to be funny in my post.
I feel very lucky to have my heath and my family is healthy and hope everyone and their extended family is doing well.
Waiting to renew my licence is but a trivial thing if you consider people who have real problems.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users