74 replies to this topic

#41 Zephrym

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 148 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 10:43 PM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 18 August 2020 - 11:16 AM, said:

I'd love to see Scouting mode come back. I used to love that mode, and was generally pretty good at it. My Streak Crow and I were tops, until Stealth Armor came along... :D Even more, I'd love to see the Long Tom come back, because that drove players to Scouting as a matter of necessity.

Sigh.........happy days!

Z.

#42 Bennesto

• PipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 August 2020 - 11:38 PM

Heatbug still not fixed. Regionselectbug still not fixed. [slowclap]

#43 Mad Cat4uk

Rookie

• Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 12:32 AM

View PostJackHarkon, on 17 August 2020 - 02:56 PM, said:

Can you bring some love to this game again, with some new content?
Since the release of MW5, there has been nothing. Only event after event after event.

View PostJackHarkon, on 17 August 2020 - 02:56 PM, said:

Can you bring some love to this game again, with some new content?
Since the release of MW5, there has been nothing. Only event after event after event.

I dont think Piranha Games want to touch this game any more, they have lost players left right and center and with the minor success (would be more of a success if they didnt pull it from Steam due to the Epic's big money deal) so they are trying to use 'events' to pull people back into the game (with very little luck).

I have not played MWO for a while not as I got fed up it the nerf/boost of mechs all the time and that annoys me as I will learn a mech and adapt it to my liking and it be very good then with the next update they nerfed it back to useless, and I hate that.

I am putting my time into BattleTech as that is a really fun game so until some MAJOR love and attention is given to this game, then there is one less player online.

Piranha Games, you need to listen to the fan base (I know it can be hard to make everyone happy) but it is you as a company that is losing players due to massive issues with this game (and some people are still salty about your business practices) so its only you that can fix things.

#44 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 09:46 AM

So the entire patch is more or less copypaste of a thing from previous years (Solaris rewards) and edit of approximately one line of code to add one 'Mech variant?

Have I missed something?

#45 shameless

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 491 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 10:00 AM

seriously I don't know why you bothered at this point. Give us something meaningful PGI, or give the IP to someone who will.

#46 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 12:39 PM

@Matt

The Blood Asp's lower arm actuator is bugged. When you put in a PPC, you cannot check the lower arm actuator (if you had it before it unchecks). This is part of the stock load-out on the A variant when tested.

Store page showing lower actuator is present:
https://mwomercs.com/blood-asp

#47 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 12:43 PM

That is actually in-line with clan-omnipod rules. Large ballistics and PPCs remove the lower arm actuator. No bug here.

#48 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 12:46 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 19 August 2020 - 12:43 PM, said:

That is actually in-line with clan-omnipod rules. Large ballistics and PPCs remove the lower arm actuator. No bug here.

No, it's a bug, since other large weapons do not have this penalty.

#49 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 12:48 PM

Then all Omni-Arms share the same bug.

#50 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 12:51 PM

Well, explain why the 2 slot 6 ton PPC is too heavy but the 2 slot 6 ton C-LPL is fine.

And I stand corrected... the 2 slot 5 ton UAC2 is also not fine. Where is the consistency in the rule lol.

edit... w/e since it's in the lore it's not a bug

Edited by Nightbird, 19 August 2020 - 12:56 PM.

#51 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 12:56 PM

As I said.

Sarna.net said:

While they can be considered structural components, the lower-arm and hand actuators are themselves Pod-mounted and easily removed to provide additional Pod Space in the arms. However, the mounting points for them in the arms are also utilized by larger bore weaponry such as Gauss Rifles, Autocannons, and PPCs, so the lower-arm and hand must be removed to carry these weapon types on OmniMech arms, hampering the close-combat abilities of these configurations.

Edited by Aidan Crenshaw, 19 August 2020 - 01:04 PM.

#52 Rosarius

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 186 posts
  • LocationHervey Bay, Australia

Posted 19 August 2020 - 03:48 PM

So... Solaris 7 Season 9 Kick Off event when? :P

#53 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 19 August 2020 - 08:01 PM

Thread derailed much, Where's a moderator when there's this many off topic stupeed opinions around.
[mod]Asleep. But it's fixed now. Off-topic discussion removed.[/mod]
I'm gonna think about a nice unpolluted part of Alaska while we wait.
Patch was nice, heard they fixed a mech and did Solaris rewards...yay Posted Image

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 19 August 2020 - 09:26 PM.

#54 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 August 2020 - 02:39 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 19 August 2020 - 12:56 PM, said:

As I said.

Sarna.net said:

While they can be considered structural components, the lower-arm and hand actuators are themselves Pod-mounted and easily removed to provide additional Pod Space in the arms. However, the mounting points for them in the arms are also utilized by larger bore weaponry such as Gauss Rifles, Autocannons, and PPCs, so the lower-arm and hand must be removed to carry these weapon types on OmniMech arms, hampering the close-combat abilities of these configurations.

Though the funny thing is: when they talk about it that way, you'd think the actuators would weigh something (I'm sure they don't weigh zero anything, or a technician would go to pick one up, and accidentally launch it into the air, even in full planetary gravity), and it makes you wonder how they mount TWO big-bore weapons, such as two PPCs or two Autocannons on an arm, if they require the actuator mounting point?

Sorry, one of my favorite things about Battletech is getting super technical about the engineering stuff. :D

That said, I wish PGI had been able to model the different actuators by giving omnis with ballistic weapons Jager-arms, but then they'd look pretty dumb compared to their artwork (even though the artwork was arguably wrong compared to the rules and descriptions).

#55 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 20 August 2020 - 05:43 AM

nice season rewards, 2 questions:

- will there be a S10 kickoff?
- when is next hero sale? :)

#56 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 20 August 2020 - 02:17 PM

Okay... mass catch-up for me here...

View PostMatt Newman, on 18 August 2020 - 11:30 AM, said:

I was at an appointment that ran long this morning sorry about that - Link is up now

View PostMatt Newman, on 18 August 2020 - 12:59 PM, said:

Appointment regarding renewing my drivers licence. All government stuff is by appointment now because of Covid.
Drove 20 minutes to spend 45 minutes in a super long social distance line up outside the office.
Then 15 minutes inside the Office in social distance seating.
To spend 5 minutes and $75 CAD for a drivers licence that expires again in the future.
Drove 20 minutes home.
Posting a Zip file because a 1 MB patch managed to crash someones install? PRICELESS

View PostMatt Newman, on 18 August 2020 - 09:32 PM, said:

It wasn't that bad to be honest. I was trying to be funny in my post.
I feel very lucky to have my heath and my family is healthy and hope everyone and their extended family is doing well.
Waiting to renew my licence is but a trivial thing if you consider people who have real problems.

Glad to hear you and your family are healthy... Best Wishes to you, and I hope it stays that way! :D

Thank You for getting the link up on the News Post. It's extremely appreciated. ^_^

Sorry to hear that you had to deal with the grueling task of being stuck in-line at your Canadian equivalent of the USA's DMV, and then also having to trudge along at a slow pace to get done before you could do literally anything else. I hope they'll have some sense of sanity, and make it possible for you to do this mess online in the future, as it would then mean you could enjoy the safety of your own home while dealing with an important thing like this. :huh:

Also, sorry that I didn't get back to read & reply sooner. These last couple of days have also been a bit of a nasty little head-banger for me. :(

View PostBennesto, on 18 August 2020 - 11:38 PM, said:

Heatbug still not fixed.

What the hell are you talking about? I haven't seen any weird Bugs with the Heat Systems in-game. :blink:

View PostBennesto, on 18 August 2020 - 11:38 PM, said:

Regionselectbug still not fixed. [slowclap]

I feel your pain on this one. People should NOT have to restart MWO in order to change their Server Region Enables to what they want/need at any given point in the day. <_<

View PostTheUltimateGhost, on 20 August 2020 - 05:43 AM, said:

- when is next hero sale? Posted Image

View PostLockheed_, on 20 August 2020 - 05:53 AM, said:

I'd like to know as well. Posted Image

Uuuhhhmmmmmm....... Wouldn't it be better to have a Mech Bay Sale first? Also, wouldn't it be better to have a few more Events in order to rack up more (MC) before you buy something that pricey?!?!? :wacko:

...and now it's back off to the races for me. After too many setbacks, I'm all reared up and ready to pounce! Well... I think I am? :unsure:

~Mr. D. V. "confused due to things hauling quickly after 'v1.4.229.0' while they're unable to look" Devnull

#57 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 20 August 2020 - 03:05 PM

Does this patch fit on one or two 3.5 inch [color=#4D5156]diskettes?[/color]

#58 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 21 August 2020 - 12:09 AM

View PostAlilua, on 20 August 2020 - 03:05 PM, said:

Does this patch fit on one or two 3.5 inch [color=#4D5156]diskettes?[/color]

That depends on the disk size. It could take up to as little as ONE if the disk is big enough (like, 1.44 MB), but FOUR if the capacity is really not good (like, sub-360 KB of space) and leaves a desire for more room. However, you'll want to trust me that splitting a zipped archive across disks is a really horrible idea! :wacko:

~D. V. "I'm sure you were probably joking by asking this, but I'm feeling densely technical right now." Devnull

#59 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 21 August 2020 - 01:51 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 20 August 2020 - 02:17 PM, said:

Uuuhhhmmmmmm....... Wouldn't it be better to have a Mech Bay Sale first? Also, wouldn't it be better to have a few more Events in order to rack up more (MC) before you buy something that pricey?!?!? Posted Image

well, I have 10k+ MC doing nothing xD so idk would like to spend them now to be able to use mechs for current comp tournaments

#60 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 21 August 2020 - 01:53 AM

View PostTheUltimateGhost, on 21 August 2020 - 01:51 AM, said:

well, I have 10k+ MC doing nothing xD so idk would like to spend them now to be able to use mechs for current comp tournaments

Mate, thousands of decals. It's what everyone needs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users