187 replies to this topic

#101 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 02:53 PM

View PostMr Munted, on 08 September 2020 - 10:58 PM, said:

I'm also wondering when we should expect the next challenge, 2 Day Challenge Number 3?

Expect it now! With Phase 3 Starting at the Same time!

#102 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 09 September 2020 - 03:27 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 09 September 2020 - 02:53 PM, said:

View PostMr Munted, on 08 September 2020 - 10:58 PM, said:

View PostRRAMIREZ, on 08 September 2020 - 04:37 AM, said:

Will 2 Day Challenge Number 3 pop with phase 3?

I'm also wondering when we should expect the next challenge, 2 Day Challenge Number 3?

Expect it now! With Phase 3 Starting at the Same time!

<*hopes & prays that this Mini-Challenge and future ones will run longer after the troubles with the first two*>

EDIT :: <*checks Mini-Challenge #3 only to find out that it won't run for longer than 2 Days of time, and gets very depressed due to how life is constantly jabbing them with a lack of time*>

~D. V. "repeatedly needing Mini-Challenges to run for longer" Devnull

Edited by D V Devnull, 09 September 2020 - 03:47 PM.

#103 Bwana001

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 04:15 PM

In Phase 3 mech sales, there is a Hunchback Grid Iron LTD listed but I can't see where to purchase it.

Thanks.

#104 Hiten Bongz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 228 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 09 September 2020 - 04:26 PM

THE FIRST OF THE 2 DAY CHALLENGES!

CHALLENGE #03

Posted Image

#105 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 05:21 PM

View PostHiten Bongz, on 09 September 2020 - 04:26 PM, said:

THE FIRST OF THE 2 DAY CHALLENGES!

CHALLENGE #03

Posted Image

I know, right? Why were the Past Mini-Challenge Links trashed? Why does it say "THE FIRST" when it clearly is not? But we'll have to wait until Next-Day PDT to find out! :o

~D. V. "Just as curious as you about the HttR Mini-Challenge Links being the way they are..." Devnull

#106 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 09 September 2020 - 05:40 PM

I want a LTD Hunchback ...

#107 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 07:12 PM

View PostBolo Atari, on 09 September 2020 - 05:40 PM, said:

I want a LTD Hunchback ...

Maybe we can give PGI's Staff the fun idea of making the HunchBack "Grid Iron LTD" (Which I would guess is called the "HBK-GI(LTD)" on its' designator?) as a possible Grand Prize on an upcoming Future Event at some point? ;)

~Mr. D. V. "Can't really think of a better way to allow acquisition of the 'HBK-GI(LTD)' versus its' past..." Devnull

#108 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 07:16 PM

Uuurgh, The Lance Formation part of the challenge might as well be called Herding Cats.

#109 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 08:45 PM

"Earn 24 Lance in Formation Rewards"

Is it some kind of joke?

If I deploy as a member of the following lance, how am I supposed to get those rewards?
1. Atlas - short-range brawler
2. Thanatos - stealth sniper
3. Vapor Eagle - medium range missile boat
4. Locust - backstabber

Five seconds after the mission start every player moves to a completely different part of the battlefield ...

#110 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 10:04 PM

press B, claim company command, drag an drop players that are more likely to stay together, profit. It's easy, actually and makes everyones game better.

#111 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 10:19 PM

View Postmartian, on 09 September 2020 - 08:45 PM, said:

Is it some kind of joke?

If I deploy as a member of the following lance, how am I supposed to get those rewards?
4. Locust - backstabber

Five seconds after the mission start every player moves to a completely different part of the battlefield ...

Furthermore just see it as an incentive to shout-call yer lance / company into doing something coordinated. Hard to achieve in quickplay for sure, but constantly reading the minimap, communicating the opfor's movement and make at least the majority of yer team adapt, can be a satisfying experience.

#112 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 10:57 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 09 September 2020 - 10:04 PM, said:

press B, claim company command, drag an drop players that are more likely to stay together, profit. It's easy, actually and makes everyones game better.

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 09 September 2020 - 10:19 PM, said:

Furthermore just see it as an incentive to shout-call yer lance / company into doing something coordinated. Hard to achieve in quickplay for sure, but constantly reading the minimap, communicating the opfor's movement and make at least the majority of yer team adapt, can be a satisfying experience.

Thanks for those suggestions, but I gave up on such futile attempts a long time ago. Oh, well ...

#113 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 September 2020 - 02:26 AM

View PostSteel Raven, on 09 September 2020 - 07:16 PM, said:

Uuurgh, The Lance Formation part of the challenge might as well be called Herding Cats.

Is it some kind of joke?

4. Locust - backstabber

So there's an easier way of getting at least some "Lance in Formation" rewards: if you stay near ONE of your lancemates, and try really hard to keep the two of you alive, then when the OTHER two lancemates die, you two become the "entire" lance, and you are now "in formation". It's not as good as if the entire lance were fighting a coordinated battle, but it's about the best you can do as a solo in QP.

#114 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 03:19 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 10 September 2020 - 02:26 AM, said:

So there's an easier way of getting at least some "Lance in Formation" rewards: if you stay near ONE of your lancemates, and try really hard to keep the two of you alive, then when the OTHER two lancemates die, you two become the "entire" lance, and you are now "in formation". It's not as good as if the entire lance were fighting a coordinated battle, but it's about the best you can do as a solo in QP.

This is a good point, thanks.

#115 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 07:39 AM

View PostC337Skymaster, on 10 September 2020 - 02:26 AM, said:

So there's an easier way of getting at least some "Lance in Formation" rewards ...

Okay, I have played a few games in the bodyguard mode to get those rewards. Posted Image

Duct Tape Dangler
Posted Image

Duct Tape
Posted Image

But honestly, I do not like challenges that make rewards dependent on other players' gameplay.

#116 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 10 September 2020 - 08:46 AM

That's how I've been playing lately, on many occasions, and it's been pretty rewarding ^^ Congrats yo.

Sooooooo ... aboit that LTD Hunchback ... PGI, pretty please :)

#117 Annihilator

• PipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 36 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 10 September 2020 - 10:44 AM

Matt Newman can you put up the Hunchback Grid Iron LTD?

#118 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 10 September 2020 - 09:13 PM

View PostAnnihilator, on 10 September 2020 - 10:44 AM, said:

Matt Newman can you put up the Hunchback Grid Iron LTD?

Wouldn't be Limited if we started selling it again would it?

The reason it is present in the event is some people would own that particular model and it wouldn't be fair to exclude it from rewards.

#119 PCHunter

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 04:10 AM

Is it some kind of joke?

4. Locust - backstabber

Actually I got this award in 2 drops and nearly had it done with the first. I think I was in my Maddog ATM mech and I just hung out with the team.

#120 PCHunter

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 September 2020 - 04:21 AM

The drops and matchmaking have been abysmal during this event, in my experience. The team drop weights are so lopsided it isn't even funny. It's not about the imbalance of assaults say to other mechs on opposite teams, it's the entire team make-up. Lights and mediums teams versus heavy and assault teams. The continued crossing in of Tier 1 players with lower tier ones. I can tell in seconds whether a match is worth playing. If I am not sure about it, the 1st 3 minutes usually tells the tale. I have had my fill of 12-2 stomps. Before the event, it was much much better and far more interesting. Not having trial Heros is a huge mistake. This skews team formation further. I am finding that most players aren't trying the event out. It's rare to see one in your lance or even on the team. I own a few and played them, even bought another one for fun. Overall, the quality of matches is really really bad during the event and my fun factor has seriously dropped. You really need to fix the seal clubbing thing with the high tier players and then make sure teams have better more balance mechs and weaponry. I will float this idea again of the time when you will be faced with handicapping teams and players' attributes to help smooth the balancing. This is how every other MMOLRPG does it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users