Heroes To The Rescue Event And Sales

187 replies to this topic

#161 evlkenevl

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 12:46 AM

No more 2-day challenges? Been "keeping an eye out" but no more have materialized.

#162 RRAMIREZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 183 posts
  • LocationIn the Blob

Posted 30 September 2020 - 12:59 AM

View Postevlkenevl, on 30 September 2020 - 12:46 AM, said:

No more 2-day challenges? Been "keeping an eye out" but no more have materialized.

Expect it at beginning of phase 6 I guess

ps: my bad challenge number 5 didn't pop up

Edited by RRAMIREZ, 30 September 2020 - 01:01 AM.

#163 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 30 September 2020 - 10:17 AM

View PostDeadWeight18, on 25 September 2020 - 01:09 AM, said:

Next 2-Day Challenge please!!!!

View Postevlkenevl, on 30 September 2020 - 12:46 AM, said:

View PostRRAMIREZ, on 30 September 2020 - 12:59 AM, said:

Expect it at beginning of phase 6 I guess

ps: my bad challenge number 5 didn't pop up

People, we may have what some would call a problem, and others would call just a hiccup in the flow of life. Our friendly Matt Newman has been missing from the Forums for over Two Weeks of time now. That's actually kind of worry-causing, because he's normally not gone for this long unless on a vacation that he already told us about, and I seriously & severely hope that nothing bad has happened to him and his family & friends. For now, we must live with the probability that we won't get any more Mini-Challenges on this Event's run, unless they come back. One thing's for sure, and that's the fact of MWO being less fun without our friendly Matt Newman being around. :wacko:

Also, unless we hear otherwise and there will be any Future Events happening, try to stay calm for now. Without our friendly Matt Newman being around, there is a saddening-but-small chance that no more may happen. Last time I saw an MMO end up without any Events happening, it died and fell into obscurity rather quickly, and MWO could end up being no exception to that unfortunate rule. I really hope he comes back fast before anything additionally bad can happen, because one could say that Matt Newman has been quite the cornerstone in these last couple of years that helps MWO to avoid dying rather repeatedly. Frankly, I hope that I'm NOT partially writing the epitaph for both here!!! :(

~Mr. D. V. "Yeah, go ahead, say it... I do (innocently) miss good people when they're not around." Devnull

#164 Mechdocdie

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 33 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 September 2020 - 05:33 PM

Just to throw in a more optimistic take your observations, DV, this was set up as a very long event; seven weeks in total. Perhaps Matt knew he was going to need some time out at some point during this period. While his silence probably means it was not for reasons he wanted to share with the community, it hopefully means that it was not unforeseen tragedy or illness.

Just trying to not see the world through COVID coloured glasses! Posted Image

#165 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 30 September 2020 - 09:46 PM

View PostMechdocdie, on 30 September 2020 - 05:33 PM, said:

Just to throw in a more optimistic take your observations, DV, this was set up as a very long event; seven weeks in total. Perhaps Matt knew he was going to need some time out at some point during this period. While his silence probably means it was not for reasons he wanted to share with the community, it hopefully means that it was not unforeseen tragedy or illness.

Just trying to not see the world through COVID coloured glasses! Posted Image

View PostLockheed_, on 30 September 2020 - 07:43 PM, said:

Well said. I like the way you think!

I also like the way they're thinking about this. It's definitely better to try and look toward the bright side, even where others may see utter doom. I also hope that Mechdocdie is right about this, because I would hate to personally have hit the proverbial nail on the head. ;)

~D. V. "possible bright side is usually a better thing to look at than the dark side" Devnull

#166 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 01 October 2020 - 06:35 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 30 September 2020 - 10:17 AM, said:

People, we may have what some would call a problem, and others would call just a hiccup in the flow of life. Our friendly Matt Newman has been missing from the Forums for over Two Weeks of time now. That's actually kind of worry-causing, because he's normally not gone for this long unless on a vacation that he already told us about, and I seriously & severely hope that nothing bad has happened to him and his family & friends. For now, we must live with the probability that we won't get any more Mini-Challenges on this Event's run, unless they come back. One thing's for sure, and that's the fact of MWO being less fun without our friendly Matt Newman being around. Posted Image

Also, unless we hear otherwise and there will be any Future Events happening, try to stay calm for now. Without our friendly Matt Newman being around, there is a saddening-but-small chance that no more may happen. Last time I saw an MMO end up without any Events happening, it died and fell into obscurity rather quickly, and MWO could end up being no exception to that unfortunate rule. I really hope he comes back fast before anything additionally bad can happen, because one could say that Matt Newman has been quite the cornerstone in these last couple of years that helps MWO to avoid dying rather repeatedly. Frankly, I hope that I'm NOT partially writing the epitaph for both here!!! Posted Image

~Mr. D. V. "Yeah, go ahead, say it... I do (innocently) miss good people when they're not around." Devnull

but he HAS been in game... I have him on my friends list and his last login as on 9/28.... he isn't missing

#167 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 06:50 AM

View PostRidir Semii, on 01 October 2020 - 06:35 AM, said:

but he HAS been in game... I have him on my friends list and his last login as on 9/28.... he isn't missing

Very good!

#168 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 01 October 2020 - 12:22 PM

Just to throw this in, for when Matt does come back ... Eurystheus just got paid and needs an MC sale!

#169 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 11:28 AM

View PostRidir Semii, on 01 October 2020 - 06:35 AM, said:

View Postmartian, on 01 October 2020 - 06:50 AM, said:

Very good!

Confirmed... I see him Last Online as of just yesterday (October 1st when I'm writing this) and can at least feel some relief in knowing that he's able to keep an eye on things from the background. I'll be looking forward to when he pokes in on the Forums and pipes up again. ^_^

~D. V. "I would call that 'Nuff Said on that worry... I'm glad Matt Newman appears to be still alive & kicking!" Devnull

#170 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 02 October 2020 - 11:40 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 02 October 2020 - 11:28 AM, said:

Confirmed... I see him Last Online as of just yesterday (October 1st when I'm writing this) and can at least feel some relief in knowing that he's able to keep an eye on things from the background. I'll be looking forward to when he pokes in on the Forums and pipes up again. Posted Image

~D. V. "I would call that 'Nuff Said on that worry... I'm glad Matt Newman appears to be still alive & kicking!" Devnull

Glad I could spur some good news, now.... Matt Newman.... can we have that next 2 day challenge, please?

Edited by Ridir Semii, 02 October 2020 - 11:40 AM.

#171 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts

Posted 02 October 2020 - 12:27 PM

View PostRidir Semii, on 02 October 2020 - 11:40 AM, said:

Glad I could spur some good news, now.... Matt Newman.... can we have that next 2 day challenge, please?

I hope these Mini-Challenges stay in the longer-sided pile, but without the OverKill Difficulty that the last one felt like it unfortunately had. Same amount of Time (4 Days) is good, same size of Reward is good, but definitely turn the Difficulty down about 10% or so, please! Trying to fit two people with only one computer to use within two days totally just sucks and feels ugly, and it's still a pain trying to fit two people within 4 Days of time when the Difficulty is too high. :(

~Mr. D. V. "really putting forward an effort to help the HttR Event finish in an awesome state" Devnull

[Post Author made a slight error in signing their post... It's been fixed now!]

Edited by D V Devnull, 02 October 2020 - 12:28 PM.

#172 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 05:24 AM

Posted Image

#173 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 04 October 2020 - 09:45 PM

Looking forward for Trick and Treats loot bags!

#174 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 08 October 2020 - 09:55 PM

So will there be a 5th daily event?
Or can i stop checking this page?

#175 RRAMIREZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 183 posts
  • LocationIn the Blob

Posted 08 October 2020 - 11:59 PM

View PostWishmast3r, on 08 October 2020 - 09:55 PM, said:

So will there be a 5th daily event?
Or can i stop checking this page?

I'm also wondering about the answer :/

#176 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 12:25 AM

Matt is preparing the T'n'T-event 2020 actually, so there will be more then enough lootbags to grab soonish. Kinda likely there won't be another daily event ... and tbh: PGI did give away enough event-candy over the last couple of months.

#177 RRAMIREZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 183 posts
  • LocationIn the Blob

Posted 09 October 2020 - 01:49 AM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 09 October 2020 - 12:25 AM, said:

Matt is preparing the T'n'T-event 2020 actually, so there will be more then enough lootbags to grab soonish. Kinda likely there won't be another daily event ... and tbh: PGI did give away enough event-candy over the last couple of months.

If I agree on this, still it doesn't cost much to put a small post in this thread:
"Hey guys, we are working on tnt, and it's really demanding. Don't expect others 2DC, but the wait will be worth it."

MWO future being a subject these days, I think the way the 2 Days challenges were handled in terms of coms (how many will there be? is the "random schedule" intended or not?) is a good exemple of what could be changed for something better from my perspective.
Don't get me wrong, it's a constructive criticism here.

#178 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 02:13 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 05 October 2020 - 11:00 AM, said:

With that in mind, my next 2 immediate priorities for MWO will be:
  • Designing and posting the MWO 2020 Customer Appreciation Program.
  • Designing and posting the MWO Trick or Treat Events and Sales.
Matt Newman

I do get your point though, Rramirez. Official communication is somewhat sparse around here ...

#179 RRAMIREZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 183 posts
  • LocationIn the Blob

Posted 09 October 2020 - 02:30 AM

My bad, I didn't saw this one.

#180 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 09 October 2020 - 03:38 AM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 09 October 2020 - 12:25 AM, said:

PGI did give away enough event-candy over the last couple of months.

Like i implied in my first post, i´m not asking for me. It´s just sad for the people who don´t own a hero mech or just a few, while people with a lot of hero mechs have the "fun".

And for the next events.
Unless it´s something complete new and never seen before, i agree.
If it´s the same TnT like the years before, the preparation consists of some new pictures and a bit text. That´s like 2 work days for 1 person.

Customer Appreciation Program could be interesting.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users