Trick Or Treat 6

80 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 11:34 AM

TRICK OR TREAT 6

Earn Match Score and Accumulate Damage to Earn Loot bags!
Complete challenges to earn Halloween-themed items!
Earn 250 Loot bags and Unlock Pick a Prize Mech!

To redeem loot bags visit the Event Page

To track your challenges Visit the event Pages

#2 Galahad2030

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Lucky Seven
  • Lucky Seven
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 11:47 AM

It's about time. There should never be a dead time between events in MWO in my opinion.

#3 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 October 2020 - 12:02 PM

"Loot Baps"? :) Spell check is your friend, Matt. :)

#4 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 20 October 2020 - 12:11 PM

So...if somebody already owns every mech pack in the game, including Heroes, is there any way they could be credited the 50 bonus bags?

Asking for a friend. ;)

#5 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 12:36 PM

I'd sure like to see an MC sale.

#6 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 12:40 PM

He. Is. ALIVE!

#7 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 20 October 2020 - 12:46 PM

I remember when loot bags contained cockpit items

Just Sayin

View PostC337Skymaster, on 20 October 2020 - 12:02 PM, said:

"Loot Baps"? Posted Image Spell check is your friend, Matt. Posted Image

Every baker in the land is gripped with terror o.O

#8 Galahad2030

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Lucky Seven
  • Lucky Seven
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 12:49 PM

He must have meant Beagle Active Probe (BAP). I'm joking - it's definitely a spell checking error.

#9 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 01:25 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 20 October 2020 - 01:11 PM, said:

Now this is some good news!
A paint sale would be great Matt!

But not as great as an MC sale! :)

#10 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 20 October 2020 - 01:55 PM

<*takes an advance look at the Event's Challenges & Elements about to be thrown at us*> :blink:

Hmm... It looks like I've got a few criticisms & questions to ask. Is our friendly Matt Newman (or anyone on PGI's Events Team for that matter) available there to answer? :huh:

First, we're going to likely end up spending multiple UAVs, but only get one back from the Challenge called "The Ghost" after the effort? Maybe I took one too many hits to my own undead head or something, but this makes no sense. Was it perhaps meant to give a pack of at least 5 UAVs instead, since the Loot Bag Randomizer is not something to rely upon? :o

Second, seeing as the Pick-A-Prize is really meant for the New (and New-ish) Players, those who are down in the lower half of 'Tier 3' (or worse) currently, and those who explicitly DON'T already have everything, why is there such a steep requirement to get ALL 250 of the Loot Bags earned? Should there be a small overhead (say somewhere about 10 to 25 Loot Bags) above the unlocking point, and only asking them to earn 225 to 240 Loot Bags in total, as to keep the Event on the reasonably friendly & fun side by allowing those players to miss a small few, but without completely blocking (and punishing) them for not being already perfect? :(

View PostGalahad2030, on 20 October 2020 - 12:49 PM, said:

He must have meant Beagle Active Probe (BAP). I'm joking - it's definitely a spell checking error.

Eh... They happen... Hilarious that someone caught this so quickly, and before I could. I wonder if we'll get a funny post from someone on PGI's Events Team just before it gets fixed? :P

Although... Could THIS be a Hint about something on the Event we're all about to enter? :wacko:

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 20 October 2020 - 12:40 PM, said:

He. Is. ALIVE!

Good thing... I would explicitly NEVER want a dead Matt Newman, because his dying would be sad. We don't want that kind of sad here. B)

~Mr. D. V. "has questions about the Incoming Event ... prefers our friendly Matt Newman most definitely alive & well" Devnull

(p.s.: This post took a little over an hour to type because my mind is lagging... If it had not, then it most definitely would have shown up before the two above posts...)

#11 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 02:35 PM

Fixed - Loop Baps
Fixed - UAV challenge Reward
I'll am willing to extend the event if folks are having a hard time hitting the goals.
I will do an MC Sale and Color sale soon. I will be posting the Annual Rewards program first (today or tomorrow)

#12 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,368 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 20 October 2020 - 02:41 PM

As a new MWO player, may I point out that "Getting 150 match score per game" for a total of 22,500 match score is a very high requirement for newer MWO players. At minimum, you need 150 games of 150 match score (22,500 = 150 X 150).

When I first joined MWO in July 2020, in the Beach Party Event, I had trouble even getting 80 match score per game (new unskilled mechs, don't know what is "good" mech layout).

So for newer players grinding by with 80 match score per game, it takes 281 games to complete this!!

(I was terrible in melee up close combat, so ended up cramming in LRM on Assaults to get the match points.
Anyways, but I digress...)

Edited by w0qj, 20 October 2020 - 02:43 PM.

#13 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 20 October 2020 - 03:00 PM

Personally I like the MS requirement staying where it's at. It's easy enough, yet will require the complete tater tots to at least try to do the things you should be doing anyway.

Lower it to 100 or something, as they've done in the past- most matches will devolve into people just trying to get in a bit of damage and then on to the next match- resulting in total **** gameplay. Making people actually have to try makes it at least slightly more likely that players will be trying for kills and assists and not just gaming the event.

Besides, let's be real, 150 MS is already pretty freakin' low, especially on an event of this length. No point in having these things if every time the community just begs Matt to lower requirements and basically hand out free stuff for zero effort. You should have to at least put in minimal effort, and 150 MS is on the low end of minimal effort for any given casual match.

#14 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 03:02 PM

View PostD V Devnull, on 20 October 2020 - 01:55 PM, said:

Hmm... It looks like I've got a few criticisms & questions to ask.

We know you have. Every. Single. Time.

There have been events (like the inital deal x damage with flamers) where the goal was indeed to steep and you noticed first, kudos for that. But _always_ crying wolf before the event even starts makes your voice less noticable when there really is a problem.

This time, i see none.

BTW @Matt: "Loop Bags" Roflmao

#15 xSONOHx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 177 posts
  • LocationEarth (Terra)

Posted 20 October 2020 - 03:18 PM

Well time to bring out my "chaos viper" (lots of sharp tooth decals), go craaaazy, and probably get deleted torso armor and crit CT near start of match from being rusty.

xd

Edited by xSONOHx, 20 October 2020 - 03:19 PM.

#16 Worthog AC

Rookie

• Heavy Lifter
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 03:25 PM

Thanks Matt and the PGI team, I always look forward to the loot bag event - it is a bit of a hard slog to get the time to play enough matches but I do agree that it is enjoyable - even if I do need a few days off the game to recharge.

@Matt, on a different topic, can we have an update on how the PSR is going?

#17 Krovakon

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 03:56 PM

Can we please get some mechs on sale? It's been months since there's been a sale on mechs. I'm not too sure what the theme of the sale could be other than mechs that in lore were horrifying to go up against to match up with the Halloween theme?

EDIT: To be specific, a C-BILL sale on mechs.

Edited by Krovakon, 20 October 2020 - 03:57 PM.

#18 Galahad2030

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Lucky Seven
  • Lucky Seven
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 05:15 PM

if we're giving feedback, engines and high end weapons are pretty expensive even if your playing with premium time a few hours a day. How about a 100% bonus c-bill weekend coupled with an sale (be it equipment, consumables, weapons, omnipods, you name it!). This type of weekend could happen if we hit player population goals during the week, or just to give players back for their dedication!

#19 Galahad2030

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Lucky Seven
  • Lucky Seven
  • 167 posts

Posted 20 October 2020 - 06:00 PM

So the math works out like this if I calculated correctly:

22500 match score = 1608 match score per day (14 days).
15000 damage = 2143 damage per day (5-15 matches a day) for most players (7 days).

#20 TunaFist88

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 October 2020 - 06:46 PM

We've read about "low hanging fruit" but what of the elusive 'brass ring'? There are no difficult-to-earn challenges like headshots, 500, or higher matchscores, 1000+ damage rounds. Something worth staying up all night to obtain. It's the great letdown Charlie Brown!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users