Posted 30 October 2020 - 11:21 PM

thanks love to get free stuff

#62 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 09:28 PM

View Postw0qj, on 30 October 2020 - 01:23 AM, said:

MWO expect you to play average 100 games over 7 days!
(15,000 damage = 150 dmg X 100 games).

If you're averaging 150dmg, then you really need the practice. For the average player, it should be 30-40 games max. Some would have finished it in less than 15.

#63 Rev-e-nant

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 10:43 PM

Hi Matt,

A few things look like they were missed from the sale announcement.
  • GSP are still full priced in the in-game-store
  • The Highlander Heavy Metal and Warhammer 4L& 9D are not on sale, though the other chassis variants are.
Those are the only issues I've come across.

Thank you for putting this sale together. I greatly appreciated the MC discount as well as dropping the price on collections needed for loyalty rewards.

#64 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 01 November 2020 - 12:16 AM

Thanks to [Rev-e-Nant] above for noticing missing items within the In-Game-Store.

1) Also missing from In-Game Store: MAD-9M.

2) MWO, please kindly check to see if there are any other mechs that are not on sale (but should be on sale). Thanks!

#65 Alan Hicks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 414 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 08:50 AM

Well, time to get that fast Whammy 9-D, makes sense to select the event prize for those few heavy mechs not on sale.

#66 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 05:31 PM

Personally I think that above mentioned Standard variant mechs were simply forgotten to be added into the -50% Off list for this sale.

Consider this:
~Of the four (4) MW5 Pre-Order mechs, for which the Standard variants are now available in MWO for C-Bills:

1) CPLT-C2 (Standard variant) - available at -50% Off for C-Bills

2) KGC-001 (Standard variant) - available at -50% Off for C-Bills

3) WHM-9D (Standard variant) - not on sale ("no" -50% Off for C-Bills)

4) MAD-9M (Standard variant) - not on sale ("no" -50% Off for C-Bills)

[Edit: Therefore I'm gonna get the MAD-9M for "free" from this Trick-Or-Treat-6 event]

View PostAlan Hicks, on 01 November 2020 - 08:50 AM, said:

Well, time to get that fast Whammy 9-D, makes sense to select the event prize for those few heavy mechs not on sale.

Edited by w0qj, 01 November 2020 - 05:33 PM.

#67 Gold13

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 01:53 PM

View PostKrovakon, on 30 October 2020 - 08:44 AM, said:

Now I need to wait for an Engine sale so that I can begin retrofitting all the mechs I purchased since the price of engines is usually more than the mechs themselves and will run me something like 40,000,000 C-BILLS without a sale.

pro tip: look through all the mechs default loadouts until you find one on sale with the engine you're looking for. Buy the mech for 50% off. Take the engine out of it. Then sell the mech and all remaining equipment which refunds you 50% of the non-sale price (in other words, exactly what you paid for it). Congratulations, you have just purchased an engine for 50% off.

#68 SoulRcannon

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 82 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 01:49 PM

Any chance of getting this event extended by a day or so, or am I out of luck here?

#69 II Marauder II

• PipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 02:40 PM

Same problem here, im like 95% done, but will not manage to finnish the Game score in time
its tough!

#70 insanekat

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 05:58 PM

Not all players can be great but it sure would be hard to keep the game going without all the people that like to play for the game for the fun of it.Posted Image

Edited by insanekat, 03 November 2020 - 06:10 PM.

#71 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:00 PM

Great or not it really doesn't matter since it just takes time to grind for those lootbags.
Plus some people work long hours and have other crap to do after before getting any spare time to game.
Old timers like myself are used to many years of lootbag events being tied to purchases.
Looks like lootbag events are no longer tied to purchases so some will have less time for MWO meaning fewer sales...

#72 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 09:34 PM

um... you could have bought any number of Complete Collections and would have gotten 50 lootbags each.

#73 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 08:08 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 03 November 2020 - 09:34 PM, said:

um... you could have bought any number of Complete Collections and would have gotten 50 lootbags each.

Well I didn't see that way at the bottom of the page.
Events used to have sales details like that at the top in with all the event notes for stupefied paying customers to find.

Guess those "complete" collections are a new selling method PGI added in the past year I was away.
But no perks or benefits so I'll pass, plus I already have/had most of the mechs it currently shows.
Point is for PGI to make notes... as the event is over and its too late for me now but thanks.

Edited by Akillius, 04 November 2020 - 08:09 PM.

#74 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 09:20 PM

Yeah, it does not feel good to "just" miss the grand reward... of a Standard Variant mech that you would have bought with C-Bills...

It's not a great loss...

Seriously, you've probably gotten things of more value from the Loot Bags itself, especially the "MC" bestowed upon you...
(Perhaps I was fortunately, got total of 1,000 MC from the loot bags)

#75 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 333 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 11:40 PM

I love loot the bags... MC, Skill Points, C-bills, and other useful stuff...

How to get match score up can be tricky I have found. But, the easiest way to do so is pop UAV's... 2 per round... Haha... Yeah, it works great...

How to get your damage going. Quit hiding in corners, and quit using lurms... Daka, LBX, SRM's, and ATM's are great for dealing raw damage... About 8 hours is right on the average... Maybe a few more for getting the Match Score up...

#76 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 01:24 PM

Did anyone buy a Complete Collection to see if you still get +50 Loot Bags after this Trick-or-Treat-6 even had ended?

Many online games (F2P) gives you a (paid) chance to complete the challenges for rewards! Just saying...

#77 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 05 November 2020 - 08:50 PM

View Postw0qj, on 04 November 2020 - 09:20 PM, said:

Yeah, it does not feel good to "just" miss the grand reward... of a Standard Variant mech that you would have bought with C-Bills...

It's not a great loss...

Seriously, you've probably gotten things of more value from the Loot Bags itself, especially the "MC" bestowed upon you...
(Perhaps I was fortunately, got total of 1,000 MC from the loot bags)

Yes and if I told you what my account has it would make you sick, but your question is..
Why wanting free stuff?

I really wish I could've found the video of just a down to earth actor by the name of Morgan Freeman who was interviewed years ago about if he hates the awards ceremonies then why go... and he said he only does it for the free Swag.
But why afterall your worth millions of dollars, and Morgan replied the swag is really good/cool stuff. And you know it doesn't matter how much money a person has, everyone, everyone wants free swag.

Edited by Akillius, 05 November 2020 - 08:53 PM.

#78 Forgeling

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 November 2020 - 02:00 PM

This GSP bundle sale has been great. I bet the mechdads really appreciate it.

#79 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 10 November 2020 - 06:38 AM

Seriously, PGI/MWO, please do your homework, other online games allow you to pay with ingame currency (like MC, or real life cash, etc.) to let you retroactively achieve the Trick-or-Treat-6 event, usually up to 1-2 weeks after event deadline cutoff date.

OR in this case, allow for up to 2 week extension for purchasing Complete Collection as top-up loot box amounts to retroactively achieve the 250-loot-box-grand-prize quest!

For details pls see below:

======================
Just answered my own question!

~On Nov 9th 2020, bought one (1) Complete Collection.

~Unfortunately there was no additional 50 loot box, to help you finish your 250-loot-box-grand-prize quest, if you did not achieve this before the deadline time (see below).

~Therefore the deadline time really was the campaign reward cutoff date/time, of Nov 3rd 4:00:00 PM (PST) / Nov 4th 12:00:00 AM (UTC).

View Postw0qj, on 05 November 2020 - 01:24 PM, said:

Did anyone buy a Complete Collection to see if you still get +50 Loot Bags after this Trick-or-Treat-6 even had ended?

Many online games (F2P) gives you a (paid) chance to complete the challenges for rewards! Just saying...

Edited by w0qj, 10 November 2020 - 06:40 AM.

#80 KeZangaren777

• Pip
  • Shredder
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 January 2023 - 04:18 AM

Apologize for Necroing this post. What Mech that you atcually get in this 10th October 2020?
I just join this game 2 Years after. I'm collecting data which mech I'm missing

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users