90 replies to this topic

#61 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 26 October 2020 - 04:57 AM

No, you could make a decision at at a tier between Clan / IS and if you would like to continue with the path chosen before:

Here an example of possible Tiers:
Tier 1 - $7 - Light IS /Clan Mech
Tier 2:- $22 - Medium IS /Can Mech
Tier 3 - $52 - Depending on selection at Tier 2: Heavy Mech from side (Clan /IS) selected at Tier 2 OR Medium Mech from other side
Tier 4 - $67 - Depending von selection at Tier 3: Either Medium from other side OR a Heavy IS /Clan Mech
Tier 5 - $97 - Heay Mech from remaining side
Tier 6 - $102 - Assault Clan/IS Mech

#62 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 26 October 2020 - 10:07 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 26 October 2020 - 03:04 AM, said:

Nice idea, but wouldn't make that the distinct Clan and IS rewards impossible?

There's nothing that prohibits tracking the techbase on which the money was spent (if any).

#63 Nelos Kniven

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 225 posts
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 27 October 2020 - 01:39 PM

View PostWishmast3r, on 25 October 2020 - 02:35 AM, said:

I´m speechless.
To see that people really pay money to get the "rewards".
While the "reward" is an old mech that can be bought ingame for free.
I bought 10 hero or champion mechs this year, with the MC i got from the events.

I´m beginning to understand the lack of effort from PGI for MWO, because they don´t need to do anything new and still get enough money.

I don't understand the posts like this one. The point of this is not PGI going for additional money, it is PGI giving those of us that already spent money some extra goodies to show they appreciate their player base. I don't know any other game that does that. Additionally, I don't know if maybe people just didn't notice that development on MWO was mostly halted for however long so they could get MW5 out before their license expired, but there IS a reason there is nothing new in the rewards, and it is not laziness.

Salt isn't constructive, try something different? Posted Image They're actually making an effort to listen these days.

On topic, very happy about this. Finally going to get my hands on a Pirates Bane

Edited by Gr Armpit, 27 October 2020 - 01:45 PM.

#64 Lance McRaven

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMentor, Ohio

Posted 27 October 2020 - 02:51 PM

So, I just read something as I went through this, are the mech rewards available now?? I thought we get everything on November 24th. I will have to select my mechs.

#65 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 27 October 2020 - 05:07 PM

View PostGr Armpit, on 27 October 2020 - 01:39 PM, said:

I don't understand the posts like this one. The point of this is not PGI going for additional money, it is PGI giving those of us that already spent money some extra goodies to show they appreciate their player base.

So, do you get those rewards if you didn't spend anything at all? Well you get one reward for 100 games. Other than that, the rest is about what you paid for the game. That shows appreciation to the MONEY that was given to them, but the rest of the player base can eat dust. And funnily enough, the rewards aren't even that good, they are just some select exclusive mechs.

What we are criticizing is the fact that there isn't any good reason to give them money, yet they reward those that gave money, as if encouraging us to do the same. And the rewards themselves aren't good which makes it worse -- it's like they are expecting us to shell out money for no work done.

Additionally, I don't know if maybe people just didn't notice that development on MWO was mostly halted for however long so they could get MW5 out before their license expired, but there IS a reason there is nothing new in the rewards, and it is not laziness.

I wouldn't count that, especially when they shafted the backers that paid for Steam Keys.

Salt isn't constructive, try something different? Posted Image They're actually making an effort to listen these days.

Actually, they ARE listening, the problem is the dumb decisions they do despite listening.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 27 October 2020 - 10:57 PM.

#66 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 09:09 PM

View PostWiNNiep00h, on 24 October 2020 - 12:49 PM, said:

lol....i just noticed i just played 18 matches this year Posted Image^^

You saved a lot of nerves. I envy.

#67 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 27 October 2020 - 09:49 PM

As a newly returning player, qualified for the Ultimate Reward many times over for this year.
But you can only get one (1) Ultimate Reward mech!

Oh well...

#68 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 27 October 2020 - 10:39 PM

I don't understand the posts like this one.

Truth = "Salt"
If you don´t understand it, you are part of the problem.

#69 Damtris

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2020 - 08:21 PM

Question. Why "Ultimate" packs do not count as "Collector" given that it is "Collector" + alpha? Not a complaint (as I may have made the wrong assumption), just a desire for clarification. Thanks.

#70 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 31 October 2020 - 12:44 AM

View PostDamtris, on 30 October 2020 - 08:21 PM, said:

Question. Why "Ultimate" packs do not count as "Collector" given that it is "Collector" + alpha? Not a complaint (as I may have made the wrong assumption), just a desire for clarification. Thanks.
As far as I know, they do. The Mad II Ultimate did for me, so did Cyclops and Linebacker Ultimate this year.

#71 Hiten Bongz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 228 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 31 October 2020 - 12:47 AM

I'm 3 out of 4 on both the Resistance 2 and Clan Wave 3 packs (bought in 2018), if I upgrade to the Mauler and Gladiator level (4 of 4) would that qualify me for the Top Tier rewards for IS and Clan, and hence the Ultimate reward?

Basically, if I upgrade a "top-tier" collection fully now even though the original purchase date was a few years ago, does it qualify for the top-tier loyalty rewards?

Edited by Hiten Bongz, 31 October 2020 - 01:32 AM.

#72 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 31 October 2020 - 03:04 AM

View PostHiten Bongz, on 31 October 2020 - 12:47 AM, said:

I'm 3 out of 4 on both the Resistance 2 and Clan Wave 3 packs (bought in 2018), if I upgrade to the Mauler and Gladiator level (4 of 4) would that qualify me for the Top Tier rewards for IS and Clan, and hence the Ultimate reward?

Basically, if I upgrade a "top-tier" collection fully now even though the original purchase date was a few years ago, does it qualify for the top-tier loyalty rewards?
Unless they changed something from when I did something similar with R2, it should work the way you describe. In my experience it only matters that the last upgrade was purchased during the specified period.

#73 Lance McRaven

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warrior
  • The Warrior
  • 167 posts
  • LocationMentor, Ohio

Posted 31 October 2020 - 09:14 AM

I don't mind spending money, when I am playing something I enjoy. I have the Battletech novels, and numerous Battletech/Mechwarrior games. I started with tabletop, and still have upwards of 3 battalions of pewter mechs, that were part of playing. I even bought the different scenarios, so I could add to the tabletop experience. Rock on, PGI! Kudos, Darren and Matt!! Let's keep MWO alive!!!

#74 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 10:51 AM

It's best interpreted as "Collector Pack or above".
ie: Collector Pack
ie: Ultimate Pack (within which contains Collector Pack)

To qualify for Ultimate Reward for this year, I've bought multiples of "Ultimate Pack", and I did not buy any "Collector Pack".
So Ultimate Pack counts as Collector Pack in this year's Loyalty rewards programme.

View PostDamtris, on 30 October 2020 - 08:21 PM, said:

Edited by w0qj, 31 October 2020 - 10:52 AM.

#75 killkimno

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 107 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 03:31 PM

RESISTANCE packge was upgraded from FIRE pack to WRATH pack. 10 hours have passed since I bought it,
still cannot receive the inner sphere reward. Am I doing something wrong?

edit : now i can get reward!

Edited by killkimno, 01 November 2020 - 06:26 PM.

#76 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 01 November 2020 - 05:47 PM

Think you will have to contact MWO sales support since no "automatic" upgrade benefits bestowed upon your account.

I remember there used to be a time (and MWO webpage) for registering/applying for manual upgrade from a-la-carte to Masakari [top-tier] Collection, to get the ultimate benefits. It was handed manually by MWO staff, on a case-by-case basis.

View Postkillkimno, on 01 November 2020 - 03:31 PM, said:

RESISTANCE packge was upgraded from FIRE pack to WRATH pack. 10 hours have passed since I bought it,
still cannot receive the inner sphere reward. Am I doing something wrong?

#77 Skitsoe

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 02:06 PM

can you buy the mechs in store seperatly and qualify for complete collection reward ? i have marauder II AL and 4L ,so can I buy other 4 mechs to qualify ??? with c-bills .

#78 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 02 November 2020 - 03:59 PM

Unfortunately you must buy mechs as MWO define it to qualify for the Loyalty Rewards.
The (very) detailed instructions are found in below URL link:
http://mwomercs.com/...rewards-program

A) To qualify for IS Top Tier Award:
"...a combination of any 6 Resistance Hero 'Mechs, Hero Add-ons, or Reinforcement Add-ons. (for applicable Inner Sphere Mech packs)."

B ) To qualify for Clan Top Tier Award:
"...a combination of any 6 Wave 1, Wave 2, IIC Clan Hero 'Mechs, Hero Add-ons, or Reinforcement Add-ons. (for applicable Clan Mech packs)."

C) There are other lower Tiers that are easier to qualify for as well;
but you must buy Mechs & Premium_Packages with real world cash (someone please correct me if I'm wrong!).

Good luck!

View PostSkitsoe, on 02 November 2020 - 02:06 PM, said:

can you buy the mechs in store seperatly and qualify for complete collection reward ? i have marauder II AL and 4L ,so can I buy other 4 mechs to qualify ??? with c-bills .

#79 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,697 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 03 November 2020 - 09:15 AM

View PostSkitsoe, on 02 November 2020 - 02:06 PM, said:

No. The rewards program only applies to purchases made with cash in the webstore. You could spend a billion C-bills and it would not qualify you for anything.

Edited by Horseman, 03 November 2020 - 09:16 AM.

#80 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 03 November 2020 - 10:15 AM

Ok so I just realized something kinda stupid...

We're able to redeem our mechs right away- I hadn't noticed that at first and was assuming everything was injected on the 24th. So I gladly redeemed and was looking forward to the GSP to then level these new mechs up, seeing as leveling a mech in T1 is incredibly painful for anyone involved.

Lo and behold, we don't get the GSP until the 24th...for the mechs we already have. Uh, why? Why does everything with PGI have to be almost, can't ever just actually do something that makes sense. Cool, you rewarded us with some extra free stuff for spending money to keep the lights on, but then you have to go and make it over-complicated and just silly.

Just inject everything at once, either on the 24th or when we redeem. I don't understand why you'd split it up- probably because it makes no actual sense whatsoever.

Edited by Kodyn, 03 November 2020 - 10:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users