#121 T e c h 4 9

• PipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Participant
  • CS 2022 Participant
  • 77 posts
  • LocationBehind you

Posted 08 November 2020 - 09:45 AM

martian,

I respect your opinions, and you certainly bring up valid points, but you still have yet to post anything regarding a way forward for PGI with regards to MWO. If you believe it to be a MVP, and no chance of any significant improvement, I'll ask again, directly this time, why are you still here (in this particular forum thread)?

You've literally added nothing of significance to this discussion. All I've seen you do is talk negatively. This is not personal, since I don't know you and you don't know me, and I don't give a rat's arse what anyone (especially on the internet) thinks about me or my views. Like them, don't like them, agree, disagree, I really don't care. Opinions are like a-holes, everybody has one. I just would like to see you add something positive to this discussion. I'm not asking you to do anything to "please some anonymous MWO player", simply just to do what I just said - add something positive to the discussion.

That's it. Can you do that? How could it possibly hurt - there is no downside. You could have done it already with all the time and effort wasted going back and forth with me. I started with my ideas. What did you do?

Lockheed,

If there was another mech-style game like MWO (a FPS-style game) that was "better", I'd also likely be playing that, because it's the gameplay that is important to most people, not the lore. So in one respect, PGI currently has the "best" mech-based FPS game out there. There are alternatives, but none of them are as good (War Robots or MW:LL for example). I like the lore and stuff, and the BT universe, but it really isn't that applicable to this "style" of game (HBS BT yes, but MWO, not so much). It could be, for example, if FW was built "properly" (a la NBT IMHO), but that is not the case. Maybe it could be, in the future. I'd like to see it that way, as I enjoyed NBT when I played it a few years ago.

#122 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,789 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 10:47 AM

View PostT e c h 4 9, on 08 November 2020 - 09:45 AM, said:

martian,

I respect your opinions, and you certainly bring up valid points, but you still have yet to post anything regarding a way forward for PGI with regards to MWO. If you believe it to be a MVP, and no chance of any significant improvement, I'll ask again, directly this time, why are you still here (in this particular forum thread)?

Because I would like to stay informed on what the future of MWO will be.

You've literally added nothing of significance to this discussion. All I've seen you do is talk negatively. This is not personal, since I don't know you and you don't know me, and I don't give a rat's arse what anyone (especially on the internet) thinks about me or my views. Like them, don't like them, agree, disagree, I really don't care. Opinions are like a-holes, everybody has one. I just would like to see you add something positive to this discussion. I'm not asking you to do anything to "please some anonymous MWO player", simply just to do what I just said - add something positive to the discussion.

Positive? Well, it seems that PGI will keep the MWO lights on a little longer. That's certainly a positive thing.

Daeron Katz posting some kind of plan on Monday is another positive thing. He mentioned that the plan is going to be "discussed". Until we know what actually is in that plan, there is not much to do.

That's it. Can you do that? How could it possibly hurt - there is no downside. You could have done it already with all the time and effort wasted going back and forth with me. I started with my ideas. What did you do?

Pointed to some problematic spots in your ideas?

Anyway, I am going to wait what Daeron Katz posts on Monday. I just hope that it will be some text version as they used to be.

#123 NAMEUNKOWN

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 November 2020 - 12:10 PM

guys some of you have been here long, long time. and you know as well as I do. the thing that made a LOT of hard core MechWarrior fans leave, is Faction play.
in its curret form it means nothing.
what you and I wanted years ago, was not done. that is problem .
sure they can do some rescaling, maybe fix up the store ect ect.. but those are not the real problems

how many founders or old veteran players will return to this game if pgi fixes faction play.

om my older account I have 50 + players that has not logged in for more than a year.[ people that have spent money and will again]
I am sure all of you can say the same.
fix faction play, in the way people want, and they will return

Edited by NAMEUNKOWN, 08 November 2020 - 12:12 PM.

#124 0IOIHIOI0

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 06:50 AM

I suggest embedding a video player to watch Daeron podcasts while searching for a game.

Posted Image

#125 Katrina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 09 November 2020 - 07:01 AM

Embedded player....Alt-Enter works just fine :)

#126 ADI84000

• PipPipPip
  • 72 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 07:41 AM

View PostNAMEUNKOWN, on 08 November 2020 - 12:10 PM, said:

guys some of you have been here long, long time. and you know as well as I do. the thing that made a LOT of hard core MechWarrior fans leave, is Faction play.
in its curret form it means nothing.
what you and I wanted years ago, was not done. that is problem .
sure they can do some rescaling, maybe fix up the store ect ect.. but those are not the real problems

how many founders or old veteran players will return to this game if pgi fixes faction play.

om my older account I have 50 + players that has not logged in for more than a year.[ people that have spent money and will again]
I am sure all of you can say the same.
fix faction play, in the way people want, and they will return

All the people in my unit, 07, lived for FP and FP only, my unit before that SWOL wanted to play only Faction Play.

1. Make a few more maps of siege and other biomes of the other maps, so each planet we fight for means something in terms of biome, we will only play on the maps of the biome of the planet we fight on. 2-3 siege maps and 2-3 quick play maps per Biome would be enough for start.
2. we need proxy objectives each week or each month, and long term objectives with rewards. You have participated in Battle X and your Faction has Won, here is your reward, this x mech or these 10 x weapons and these cbills and MC. Maybe even the mech or parts you get is based on the planet on lore.
3. Lets say you loose planet x, y , z and on those planets your faction makes this mech... then you can`t bring that mech into play until you get at least one of those planets back
Make faction play what it was intended to feel like a war.
4. Use that community balance excel, at least make clan small pulse 5 dmg.... not 6 like it was but maybe 5-5.5

I bet 100+ people that I know and used to play with will be back if you make FACTION PLAY better

#127 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 09 November 2020 - 01:14 PM

My ideas for a better (new) player experience:
Remove Forest Colony (classic) from the rotation. No good games to be had there.
Remove Forest Colony Night (classic) from the rotation. No good games to be had there.

Add more variants to the existing chassis as long as they can reuse already existing parts from other variants. So the Dire Wolf configuration with JJs would be out (none of the others have them), but the Centurion variant with MASC could be added easily (not visible on the model). Maybe even the ECM-Urbanmech, not sure though, since it's an all energy one, I'm not sure if we have one of them already.

#128 Monkey Lover

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 09 November 2020 - 03:31 PM

here we go
edit*

First 10 minutes says nothing

then next 8 smashes all my hopes for this game...... More talk for 6 WEEKS!

Edited by Monkey Lover, 09 November 2020 - 03:48 PM.

#129 blackbullitt

• PipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 03:47 PM

funny someone said they come here to be informed on the game.... ha ha that was so funny. well you can get words from a dictionary. all that is here is bla bla bla and we like your suggestions, we are thinking about all of them... as they rub there nipples like southpark. time to call horseshit! they already know what they are doing , i mean they are not that stupid are they? no probably not so they just think you are. if it was not for my unit and your customer care in the past i would of told you where you could stick it. if you can not figure out that any company not run by total ******* should of known two years ago. sorry pgi your trying to make us believe your idiots?

#130 blackbullitt

• PipPip
  • General III
  • General III
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 03:52 PM

why! do i need to listen to your rental history sean does nothing for me. holy crap bla bla bla, why would you think we want to listen to you to talk and talk?

#131 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 04:14 PM

So.... 40 minutes of talking about how nothing is going to actually ever change. Got it.

#132 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 09 November 2020 - 04:16 PM

I swear, it's like they are just dragging all this hype out.

#133 GaelicWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 150 posts
  • LocationStuck somewhere between a Fantasy and Reality

Posted 09 November 2020 - 04:19 PM

Beard Discussion.....Check

House hunting Discussion......Check

MWO Discussion......put on back burner for 4-6 weeks

Check Please! I'm Out

#134 TELEFORCE

• The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,554 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 04:28 PM

PGI, you're all lousy at keeping your word. First, Paul won't even continue the matchmaking discussion as originally stated sometime ago, and now this Monday update is just a non-update. I'm not interested in the CM's personal life, I'm interested in MechWarrior Online. Seriously guys, get professional Posted Image

#135 Galahad2030

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Lucky Seven
  • Lucky Seven
  • 167 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 04:40 PM

It's 4:39pm in Pacific Time Zone. where is the update, if I may ask?

#136 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 09 November 2020 - 05:03 PM

Don't worry, keep playing

#137 Tiamat of the Sea

• Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 1,326 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 05:18 PM

So... the podcast went up yesterday, and there was talk in that podcast about a post happening today, so.....

.....where is it?

#138 Darian DelFord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,342 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 09 November 2020 - 07:03 PM

And according to Russ...... We are the ones on the island.

#139 PCHunter

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 54 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 08:04 PM

I figure this is where I should post my suggestions to restore, promote and evolve MWO, per Daeron's request for feedback.

The primary objectives for PGI regarding MWO are 1) fix the game to make it more consistent, fair and fun; 2) make it more attractive to new players; and 3) introduce meaningful, but not overly complicated enhancements to keep veteran players engaged. Unfortunately, these are not necessarily consistent. For example, addressing Item 3 may result in harming Item 2, because, let's face it, this can be a complicated game. Try to remember your learning curve and how long the average player has been playing MW, let alone MWO.

Anyway, here are some general observations and recommendations.

1. Fix the maps that are broken. We all know them. This means, review each map for its fairness, popularity, build quality and scale. Some are too small - Hibernal Ridge. Some have too many buggy features - Tourmaline Desert with its windows and foot traps. Some have way too many FPS issues - Solaris City with all those buildings and flashing lights, River City and Caustic Valley with daylight transitions and smoke, Vigian Bog with rain and daylight. Simplify, repair and refine the maps.

2. Fix the spawn points on all the maps. This means check them for fairness for all match types played. Frozen City and Tourmaline Desert stand out as 2 of the worst. Hibernal can also be a problem. This is a huge concern now that Lances are no longer defined by mech weights. I noticed that for the Domination match type, it is possible for one team to get a tactical advantage by spawning closer to the Beacon in what used to be an Assault spawn, now with a light included. All the spawn points should be re-evaluated for match type and assume that any mech type could appear at any spawn.

3. Fix your Matchmaker algorithm. This is the single-most complained about issue in the game chat bar none. It seems to have gotten worse with Groups dropping with Solos. That aside, it seems MM is more concerned with allocating Tiers than mechs, which is why we see some many matches with offset mech classes. There should be a double draw MM system - do the PSR-weighted allocation first, then back up and reallocate for mech weight classes. If this cannot be resolved with a 24-player pool, then draw from a larger pool. Grab 30 players for each match before selecting the best 24 that balance both scales.

4. Groups dropping with Solos continues to be an issue almost to the point where one can determine the outcome based on a review of the 4-man group. Groups also represent greater votes in map and match selection, possibly skewing the results in their favor. Groups can also be populated with overrated players compared to the match average. Why do we see so many stomps lately? Groups should get one vote on map selection, equal to the highest option among all the players in the Group. If one player has 3x on may and 2x on match type and that is the highest of the 4 players, then that represents the Group. Also, the highest rated player in the Group represents the PSR for the Group. 1 Tier 1 and 3 Tier 5's? Too bad, PSR is Tier 1. Use an Alt account if you don't like it.

5. Make it easier for new players to get competitive. Until the skill tree model is revamped, make sure that a noob's mech purchases are 50% skilled at purchase for their first 4 mechs - one of each type. Just give them 46 skill points with each mech purchase.to make sure they get spent on that mech. This saves them having to skill up a mech over 100 matches or so. Also, grant them a month of Premium time. Give them access to a training portal for basic tactics, builds, etc. This could be several videos done by a few content creators. Start them in a lower tier, like 4 or 5 and NEVER allow them face a higher tier player (maybe 1 or 2?).

6. To promote the game, we need more maps. In fact, losing some of the existing ones would be a good idea too. Also, making the maps more random might help. Right now they are too well known, so allowing them to be generated with some random features may help pique interest. Not the main features necessarily, but buildings, derelicts, outcroppings, maybe some smaller hills. Not to make more versions of the same maps, just have existing ones include some variable features. They could rotate on a weekly basis if it is not practical for them to modify every match. An occasional Easter egg wouldn't hurt too.

7. I would not worry about the spreadsheet features in making changes - weapons, mechs, etc. - that can give you brain damage. I would delete the left-side heat sink feature. It is stupid to assume that every mech has its heat sinks in its left side and losing a left torso means a mech has no heat management. Where did that come from? Also, I'd put a limit on mech weights for jump jets. A 100-ton hunk of metal jumping 30 meters in the air? Seriously? Lights and Mediums only.

8. Continued weapon and mech development - add quirks, but also edit quirks that no longer apply. There are several Clan mechs that have Stealth Armor quirks but cannot mount it. In fact, I'd like to see more quirks between mechs and that they have greater influence. A 5% heat gen quirk is pretty meaningless.

9. Revamp the skill tree system. 91 points to skill out a mech? Too much time required. Unless you run constant campaigns with skill point rewards to enhance that.

This is where I would start. Fix what's broken, restore fairness and consistency between matches and players, make it easier for noobs to start and evolve and start adding features for the vets.

#140 A21B

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 08:14 PM

i know when the skill tree patch came out half the population left the game, i understand pgi wanted to do something with it but all you guys did was make what balance you had go away. we currently have mechs that go over their max weight with magic armor and ammo the skill tree is 100%positive enhancement with zero repercussions. for example if you want more armor then it should come with more weight, same with ammo. if you want less heat gen for lasers their should be less range. also the heat gen and cooldown should only apply to the stock loadouts of a mech. things along those lines a medium mech should not be able to take out an assault mech in a 1v1 fight

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users