339 replies to this topic

#21 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 09 November 2020 - 09:58 PM

Given I live in a country with third world internet getting rid of that two minute reconnection penalty would actually be a good thing.

#22 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:00 PM

View Post50 50, on 09 November 2020 - 09:37 PM, said:

Fair bit there.
Will individual threads be created and managed for discussion on these points? Or can we let rip in one big messy thread?

For now one big messy thread. Will consider separating for deeper individual dives in the near future if necessary.

View PostThorqemada, on 09 November 2020 - 09:43 PM, said:

Map and Mode Voting is holy untouchable or is it in discussion?

Regarding time of day on maps and FPS impact - this is obviously due to shadows isnt it?
Should be solvable a lot with shadows settings.

Aside of that make it suggest that each time a map is started the game decides what time of day it is from a random value and have it "static" throughout that game bat if you play several game at the same map it can have several different set static times if day.

Map and mode voting is open for discussion for sure.

#23 Nishivion

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:03 PM

If we get to choose which 'mechs to have. I would like to see the Crusader to round off the rest of the IS unseen heavies.

Also I'm loving the thought of the engine re-sync.

#24 MeterH1

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:05 PM

I like the ideas presented, but have concerns of my own... I have played with teams where we had great strategies with the lights working certain capture points and holding on to certain things... I've played very good matches where part of the team effort was in the enemies base on incurrsion... But, playing the gamemodes selected is meaningless to me anymore... I hate playing the gamemodes when doing so always results in a down arrow. It really sucks when that is your role on a team, and you win and still go down for doing your job and being part of the victory.... If this is how the scoring system is going to be, then just wipe out every single game mode except for skirmish.. There is no reason for other gamemodes anymore.

Aside from that, I would love to see updated maps and new mechs as well - But I'd also like to see if the devs would stop adding in ghost heat to every good build someone comes up with... It works great for awhile, and then the devs squash it to get rid of the build or make it ineffective.

Finally, on the omnipod idea for the IS mechs, I am against that idea. It has been one thing that sets the IS and Clan factions apart and I believe there is a wide community that takes pride in working with what they are given verses just changing it out (plus there is a lot of lure that supports that.

Just my thoughts and opinions on the game.

#25 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:12 PM

thankyou PGI and community for putting time and effort into the game.

#26 Krovakon

• PipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 52 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:16 PM

Suggestion for New player experience: Either increase the number of starting mechs from 4 > 8 or take all of the Faction Play progression mechbay unlocks and move them into Quick Play unlocks. Having only 4 mechs at start is absolutely unacceptable when the only way to get mechbays is with premium currency, or locked behind a time consuming and atrocious Faction Play experience (and thus an atrocious experience with MWO as a whole) which requires you to purchase 4 mechs of a specific faction (IS/Clan, remember you only have 4 mech bays as well) because the trial mechs are garbage. With 8 Mechbay slots you can have enough slots and variety to keep occupied until you've completed some events to acquire more MC which can be spent on additional mechbays.

You have over 100 variants of mechs, and you give new players 4 slots for mechs. Either give them notably more or add a way to buy mechbays with C-BILLS, even it's 10,000,000 each bay.

Edited by Krovakon, 09 November 2020 - 10:16 PM.

#27 Val Killmoar

• Pip
  • Command Sergeant-Major
  • 10 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:22 PM

The problem ia with the maps. Most of them are designed in "circle design", ot drivea ppl to nascar, amd as far as i know many players hate that s*%t... maps should be more tactical, not only focused on 1 hill or 1 big building, we need more possible attack routes on maps.
Personaly i think that You shouldnt be changing, matchmaking in terms of lance/solo. Keep it like that, its good to have more experienced players in quick play, new ones can spectate and learn.
About FP... mby make it event style... for example every 3 months FP league could start, units could fight each other for points and rewards, a good chunk of skilled gameplay would be on the table. And it would create a need to be in a unit, now its pointless cuz being ina unit gives me nothing as a player... it could work like it do in world of warships clan battles.

Best regards.

#28 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:23 PM

View PostNishliau, on 09 November 2020 - 10:03 PM, said:

If we get to choose which 'mechs to have. I would like to see the Crusader to round off the rest of the IS unseen heavies.

Also I'm loving the thought of the engine re-sync.

Urbanmech IIC or bust.

#29 Vercors

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:24 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 09 November 2020 - 09:27 PM, said:

Separating solo and group queue is definitely on the table! I think for it to happen though, other things might have to happen first, like for example moving Solaris and Faction Play to being event-based. This would put more players into the Quick Play queue, and potentially allow for a separated solo and group queues. I also think reducing matches to 8v8 could play a part in this. Added it to the list, let's talk about it!

Nice !
I prefer solo play but understand other players prefer grouped play. Players should have the choice for it in quick play. Reducing matches to 8/8 surely help, but play 12/12 when it's possible should be save.

View PostXDevilsChariotX, on 09 November 2020 - 09:33 PM, said:

I think a bullet point should be added under the Map section and I would have to say it's one of the biggest gripes about game play.
  • Map redesigns to reduce Nascar (adding obstacles or blocking off areas)
More community feedback needed on which maps are the worst and possible solutions?

I think this is more a question of gameplay than map. The assault gameplay in unreal 2004 is a good reference for me (i never had nascar on it), but it mean an other change: make the players respawn ( in the same mech) until time is out or objective complet. I'm not sure everybody will agre with me... :)

#30 NAMEUNKOWN

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:30 PM

all that you mentioned here is probably good. i dont see any MAJOR PROBLEMS THERE.
the problem is faction play.
this is my idea. when you what to participate in faction play.
you MUST be in a house.NO LONE WOLVES
lone wolves MUST JOIN a mercenaries group or start their own unit
mercenaries must be paid in c bills upon completion of their contract.
contracts for mercs can be 1 day up 3 months.
open contacts for mercs must be displayed in game.
something like this.mercenary unit wanted for defense of planet X for 1 week upon completion 1000000 cbills will be paid

inner sphere houses and clans must get house relevant mechs cheaper than the ones that are not.
when these mechs are destroyed in game play. the company loses them and must buy new ones.players can also gift mechs to houses or donate mc to houses. so their respective houses can more mechs.
house leaders and officers will get real responsibilities in game.
like i said you can gift your house mechs is you want . the mechs you buy for yourself. you can keep
let me clarify. mech must be dived into two groups personal mechs and house mechs.
personal mechs you keep forever if you want. if they get destroyed in faction play you must pay to fix. fast c bills or mc. if you dont pay. there must be a time linked to to when you can use it again. how long will be determenind by us the players.there are many ways here that pgi can monetize and get money in

i for one think maps in faction play must change. and there must be an order to them like a mini campaign if you will.
just a small point here. we get different types of planets
ice worlds
jungle worlds
volcanic worlds
water worlds
desert worlds
each type of world must have its own map set ice world get ice maps ect ect.

when you attack a planet it must matter. and your house must pay to get you there.a drop shop does not run on fumes[ c bills or mc]
when you attack a planet that makes mech parts or mechs. the winning house must get some salvage from it[ real salvage]which they can then sell or keep.

we must have some sort of a.i. for each planet in faction play, where houses can buy battle armour tanks helicopters ect. and drop this onto a planet this must be strictly mc buys. and no a.i. mechs

as a player in faction play you must be able to get real salvage even if it is part by part.over time or a whole mech at once. to get your salvage immediately will cost you c bills or mc.

these are just a few ideas. and pgi can monetize a lot here.

@ Pgi if you dont fix faction play you will not get your paying customers back.we need the old veterans back before we focus on new players. they will pay, they will spend money. like russ said this is a niche game.you need to get those people back. so you can get more money in.
what i said here is just a very rough outline of what i think must be done

now those that want to can flame me roast me what ever.

Edited by NAMEUNKOWN, 09 November 2020 - 10:58 PM.

#31 MeterH1

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:30 PM

View PostMeterH1, on 09 November 2020 - 10:05 PM, said:

I like the ideas presented, but have concerns of my own... I have played with teams where we had great strategies with the lights working certain capture points and holding on to certain things... I've played very good matches where part of the team effort was in the enemies base on incurrsion... But, playing the gamemodes selected is meaningless to me anymore... I hate playing the gamemodes when doing so always results in a down arrow. It really sucks when that is your role on a team, and you win and still go down for doing your job and being part of the victory.... If this is how the scoring system is going to be, then just wipe out every single game mode except for skirmish.. There is no reason for other gamemodes anymore.

Aside from that, I would love to see updated maps and new mechs as well - But I'd also like to see if the devs would stop adding in ghost heat to every good build someone comes up with... It works great for awhile, and then the devs squash it to get rid of the build or make it ineffective.

Finally, on the omnipod idea for the IS mechs, I am against that idea. It has been one thing that sets the IS and Clan factions apart and I believe there is a wide community that takes pride in working with what they are given verses just changing it out (plus there is a lot of lure that supports that.

Just my thoughts and opinions on the game.

So I stand corrected on the IS omipod mechs.. I was discussing with a friend who corrected me and I apologize for that.

#32 K4I 4LL4RD LI4O

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:40 PM

Everything makes sence to me. But it will only stabelize the game not move it forward. If you want new players to join in and stay you have to think radical. All the patching up of old wound will not cut it, it will only delay the downfall. Ask yourself, and I can't recommend that enough:AS A NEW PLAYER WHAT WOULD MAKE ME STAY AND INVEST IN THIS PARTICULAR GAME? If you can't answer that question, well you can actually just let it die in peace.
And make Solaris a real Solaris! Imagine me sitting around drinking good stuff and betting my hard earned C-Bills on other peoples Matches while spectating. That would be fun! And the participating Players getting some good rewards so you get some players to actually play.

And the Mechs I personally want to see in the Game

IS: Thunderhawk, Grand Titan, Crusader, Clint, Wasp, Stinger
Clan: Kraken, Behemoth, Phoenix Hawk IIC, Griffin IIC, Shadowhawk IIC, Locust IIC

#33 dj_

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:42 PM

I approve of this message. Great work PGI and Community!

#34 nuttyrat

• PipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 94 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:47 PM

As part of UI improvements, can we consider adding some kind of colour selector for the HUD, rather than just Blue for Clan and Orange for IS? Gives people flexibility to choose the colour of their own hud, and could even be a gateway to address issues for those who deal with colour blindness.

Edited by nuttyrat, 09 November 2020 - 10:48 PM.

#35 Ghastly

• PipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 66 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:53 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 09 November 2020 - 08:48 PM, said:

Remove Torso Heat Spike Mechanic
I think reducing the penalty is very fair, but I wouldn't remove it. There's a real risk vs reward to red-lining when you're under fire, and an important skill to recognize when you can afford to red-line. Removing that means everybody sits at 99% heat all the time, and never be punished for it.

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 09 November 2020 - 08:48 PM, said:

Fix Mech Mobility (Desync)
Please don't remove engine desync. As much as people complain about engine desync as "the thing that ruined the game," it was a very positive change that overall improved mech mobility. I think the negative thing about desync was that it took too long for PGI to adjust mobility stats of individual chassis after engine desync was implemented, and a few were overly nerfed. There are chassis that need another pass on their mobility stats, the Night Gyr is honestly too sluggish for what it is for example, but those are things that can be worked on.

#36 eggyh4ck99BarrelsAndRumAint1Yar

• PipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 56 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:56 PM

Mech, IS, Crusader

Map.... tropical island/islands or desert

#37 PeteZonee

• PipPip
  • CS 2020 Silver Champ
  • CS 2020 Silver Champ
  • 39 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:57 PM

Change Starting Tier (to 4.5)

This needs to happen ASAP. Definitely before MW5 DLC drops.

Any of the other new player experience items if possible, should be done before MW5 DLC as I'm sure the DLC + Steam Launch will bring new players into MWO as well.

Rescale 'Mechs (for fun and role vs volumetric)

Definitely consider more stuff in the rescale algorithm like 35 ton lights, and some 55 ton mediums being too large. Mechs like the Awesome being too large, etc.

Quirks / Set of 8's for Under Performers

I suggest moving structure and armour quirks to the base mech and making it so the mech details screen separates the skill tree nodes to the mech quirks. This will simplify the quirks and make it easier to understand for new players.

Armor Balance for Arm Weapon-Only 'Mechs (Jenner, Jagermech, Rifleman)

Please give them a lot of arm armour. These mechs need more love than just arm armour upgrades. Jenner could be great if rescaled to be smaller in addition to arms having more armour.

Edited by PeteZonee, 09 November 2020 - 10:58 PM.

#38 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:57 PM

View PostDaeron Katz, on 09 November 2020 - 09:27 PM, said:

Separating solo and group queue is definitely on the table! I think for it to happen though, other things might have to happen first, like for example moving Solaris and Faction Play to being event-based. This would put more players into the Quick Play queue, and potentially allow for a separated solo and group queues. I also think reducing matches to 8v8 could play a part in this. Added it to the list, let's talk about it!

Daeron, thanks for paying attention to my message.
In no case do I want to teach you how to do your job - I have no the necessary competence for this. I'm just a regular player, I play every day, and every day I see matches that are not in balance with the word "absolutely".
I don’t know what item on your priority list is to rework / eliminate solo and group queues in quick play. The only thing I'm worried about is that by the time you get to this point, a certain number of players have already left our favorite game. How many cadets will spit on the game during this time?
I see the easiest way out: abandon the merged queue. After all, before we somehow played without it. Yes, even synchrodrops used to give a chance that teams would be balanced, there was a chance that the most sophisticated players would get into different teams. It was even a little interesting: which team will you join? Team up with the members of your unit, or will you fight against them?

There are much more complicated ways:
1) try to limit the size of the group;
2) try to adjust the matchmaker - to toughen up the selection of opponents both in terms of player level and tonnage.
But these are all half measures. If you reduce the number of players in a group, it will already be difficult to call it a group game. And setting up a matchmaker, tightening the selection of opponents by level and tonnage, is useless. In the summer, they already tried to do this - this led to waiting in line for up to half an hour. As a result, we came to the existing state of affairs - the matchmaker does not balance the opposing teams either by the level of players or by the tonnage.

I believe that the group queue already has a suitable mode - faction play. I don't often play it (alas), in my time zone, when I can play after a working day, no one plays the faction play. But at other times this mode is active, people play it. Yes, he is also often criticized - the regime is stagnant, it is not flexible. For some unknown reason, the scouting was almost destroyed. This is a great mode for small groups and for those people who cannot spend 40-50 minutes playing a full game with a 4-mech dorpdeck. I believe that the first thing to do is to revive the scouting mode as a separate game mode within the faction play.
Secondly, for a group game, to study the possibility of generating matches for teams with an incomplete composition (4x4, 6x6, 8x8, 10x10) inside the faction play. So that people do not wait indefinitely until the matchmaker gathers two 12x12 teams. In addition, (perhaps you yourself know about this), situations often happen when you sit in line for a long time, wait for two full teams to gather, and then the battle begins, but without you. Someone from the big pre-made took your place, the matchmaker just decided that you can hang on for a while to wait for two full 12x12 teams to come together again. As a result, for individuals, the faction play turns into a Queue Simulator Online. This is where the incomplete teams mode can come in handy.

And of course, like any other player, I would like to see new maps, new mechs, new weapons, new equipment. I don’t want to shoot at invisible walls, I don’t want to see the frames per second counter that shows me 10-20 FPS. But this is already a little different, to implement all this, you need a lot more resources.

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 09 November 2020 - 11:16 PM.

#39 PeteZonee

• PipPip
  • CS 2020 Silver Champ
  • CS 2020 Silver Champ
  • 39 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 09 November 2020 - 11:03 PM

Skill Tree / Grind Reduction

A combination of decreasing the amount of nodes by half or more and decreasing the amount of XP required for 1 skill point is required in my opinion.

#40 NAMEUNKOWN

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 11:12 PM

View PostPeteZonee, on 09 November 2020 - 11:03 PM, said:

A combination of decreasing the amount of nodes by half or more and decreasing the amount of XP required for 1 skill point is required in my opinion.

View PostPeteZonee, on 09 November 2020 - 11:03 PM, said:

guys true there is a grind , but seriously have you seen the grind in other games. by comparison mwo has no grind.

look at war robots as an example on steam. or some of the multitude of other bot related games.
play those then comeback and say the grind is too much here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users