Posted 15 November 2020 - 03:18 PM

all i got to say is this plz make us new mechs

plz make new mechs

#322 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 15 November 2020 - 03:27 PM

https://youtu.be/2MQPWE_M_EM?t=143

Hey Daeron. Can we get the ability to draw on the Battle Grid? Makes sense as a Lance Leader, or Commander, so it's easier to direct teammates.

#323 Seth Kalasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 573 posts
  • LocationVirgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Terra

Posted 15 November 2020 - 06:03 PM

View PostAlreech, on 13 November 2020 - 09:36 AM, said:

Clan Mechs can mount CASE in any limb, IS Mechs only in Side Torsi (and it's useless with IS XL).
Clan Endo Steel needs only 50% of the slots compared to IS Endo Steel
Clan Ferror Fibrous boost armor better and needs only 50% of the slots compared to IS Ferror Fibrous
Clan Missles & Machine guns weight only 50% of their IS counter parts
Clan Medium & Small lasers do more damage & have more range
Clan Lager Lasers weight less and do more damage
Clan PPCs weight less and need less slots
Clan Autocannons & Gaus Rifles weight less and need less slots
Clan LRMs don't have minimum range
isn't what enough?

No.

#324 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 15 November 2020 - 08:12 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 09 November 2020 - 08:48 PM, said:

FEATURES
  • Skill Tree

<iframe allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hpt5OjhxQp4" style="text-align: start;" width="560"></iframe>

Not sure if this has been said, but can we please have Quirks show up separately from Skills/Enhancements on the MechLab?

Every time I want to check the quirks on an owned 'Mech, I end up looking it up in the store.

Proposals: Put it in a separate section, or color them differently.

Thanks!

#325 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 01:02 AM

Checking the mech in store shows that

#326 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 01:16 AM

View PostWraith of Shadow, on 14 November 2020 - 10:17 AM, said:

Cute, have a Like. Posted Image

More seriously though, that is something that could in theory be mostly moved to Solaris. Expand Solaris matches to include Lance on Lance matches and have it be the place for the most direct PvP combat, no other objectives to distract you, simply be the last man/team standing. Maybe have it's own Solaris PSR (probably called something else to avoid confusion) and you'd know who the most personally lethal players are. Then Quick Matches would generally be for more complicated scenarios with alternative win conditions and the PSR for it would change from valuing "Killing the Other Team" most to "Actions Which Win the Match" most (actions which may involve killing the other team, depending on the scenario) and how much value each action would have could change dynamically depending on the scenario goals.

Mind you, we probably don't have the player base to split the population like that though.
We might've years ago, but not anymore.

Oh yeah, just remembered another one:
  • Separate Voice Chat for Living/Dead teammates: Kinda odd that the dead can talk to the living. It'd probably be circumvented by 3rd party chats, but that's how I would've set it up. When you die your voice dramatically dissolves into static before cutting off, and you get moved to the "Match Dead" voice chat lobby to comment and spectate with the other fallen Mechwarriors. Possibly from both teams, no talking to the living until the match is over.

People don't want real competition
Otherwise Group, FW queues wouldn't struggle as they do.

As for lance on lance action, well yet again , sorry
People don't want real competition, they want ez kills with just enough risk to be a hero but not a serious threat type deal.

As with everything their are exceptions

I point to Solaris 2v2 a real ghost town, which is surprising as all.
Since you would think all these people with FRIENDS would love it.

But no, that competition me no likely thing. thats why people with friends are in merge queue not FW, Group or Solaris.

I don't think I need mention what happened to FW Scouting which was lance on lance .

Edit: SCOUTING WAS Excellent!, Couldn't hide in your group and get carried. Every team member was vital and losing just one was a huge blow.
Its was real completion so no wonder it died due to not being popular. No surprise, I sense a pattern!

IMO Good matching would reduce the competition making those queues for FRIENDS more popular.
Then we solo's can have our queue back.

I will let the reader deliberate.
I rest moi case.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 16 November 2020 - 01:21 AM.

#327 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 06:12 AM

Little proposal (if not too late already in the light of input given in this thread alone again and assuming the process of creating some sort of synopsis is not being "outsourced" to MWO Comp implicitly. And no, this ain't no criticism pointed towards the folks on MWO Comp investing a lot of time and effort to make this game a better version of what we have now. It just feels like - comparing MWO comp list, the list provided here last monday and the stuff proposed in several threads - a lot of feedback (no matter if realistic or unicorn-fluff) simply went by the board without any further explanation (although common sense may have implied this already, just discarding stuff without any further notice is plain ball-ackz).

Announcements
=> Community Spotlights (Sub-Forum)
=> Future of MWO - Discussion (Sub-Forum)
-Thread 1: New Player Experience
-Thread 2: Features
-Thread 3: Maps
-Thread 4: Mechs
-Thread 5: Modes
-Thread 6: Social / UI
-Thread 7: New Features
-Thread 8: Monetization

Announce some posting basics in post 1 of every thread to remind people to stay on the thread-topic. Would furthermore propose to ask people to generally differ between short-, mid- and long-term proposals since this allows for further structural simplification when evaluating the feasibility of measures.

Block post 2 (since I don't know about max-strokes the forum can handle per post, mebbe block post 3 too jtbs) in every thread for conclusion and/or ongoing summary.

Let the dicussion boil for a certain period of time and conclude the proposals made with emphasis on short-term proposals / short-term possibilities and their feasibility first and bring em live asap.

Grant some sophisticated feedback (get some techs etc. into the discussion etc.) on mid- and long-term proposals to refine / re-adjust the scope of possible changes. Set a time-frame for mid- and long-term changes going live.

And yes, I fear we somehow gotta get the input placed in here into the new structure (if chosen to do so):

If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 16 November 2020 - 09:16 AM.

#328 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 16 November 2020 - 09:52 AM

View PostJables McBarty, on 15 November 2020 - 08:12 PM, said:

Not sure if this has been said, but can we please have Quirks show up separately from Skills/Enhancements on the MechLab?

Every time I want to check the quirks on an owned 'Mech, I end up looking it up in the store.

Proposals: Put it in a separate section, or color them differently.

Thanks!

Been said many times before.. but it can never be said enough.. c'mon pgi, this would be a big QOL improvement!

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 16 November 2020 - 01:02 AM, said:

Checking the mech in store shows that

You keep saying that but it's not a good enough solution homerz.. PGI needs to fix this..

#329 Mighty Spike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 16 November 2020 - 10:23 AM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 16 November 2020 - 06:12 AM, said:

Little proposal (if not too late already in the light of input given in this thread alone again and assuming the process of creating some sort of synopsis is not being "outsourced" to MWO Comp implicitly. And no, this ain't no criticism pointed towards the folks on MWO Comp investing a lot of time and effort to make this game a better version of what we have now. It just feels like - comparing MWO comp list, the list provided here last monday and the stuff proposed in several threads - a lot of feedback (no matter if realistic or unicorn-fluff) simply went by the board without any further explanation (although common sense may have implied this already, just discarding stuff without any further notice is plain ball-ackz).

Announcements
=> Community Spotlights (Sub-Forum)
=> Future of MWO - Discussion (Sub-Forum)
-Thread 1: New Player Experience
-Thread 2: Features
-Thread 3: Maps
-Thread 4: Mechs
-Thread 5: Modes
-Thread 6: Social / UI
-Thread 7: New Features
-Thread 8: Monetization

Announce some posting basics in post 1 of every thread to remind people to stay on the thread-topic. Would furthermore propose to ask people to generally differ between short-, mid- and long-term proposals since this allows for further structural simplification when evaluating the feasibility of measures.

Block post 2 (since I don't know about max-strokes the forum can handle per post, mebbe block post 3 too jtbs) in every thread for conclusion and/or ongoing summary.

Let the dicussion boil for a certain period of time and conclude the proposals made with emphasis on short-term proposals / short-term possibilities and their feasibility first and bring em live asap.

Grant some sophisticated feedback (get some techs etc. into the discussion etc.) on mid- and long-term proposals to refine / re-adjust the scope of possible changes. Set a time-frame for mid- and long-term changes going live.

And yes, I fear we somehow gotta get the input placed in here into the new structure (if chosen to do so):

If a thing's worth doing, it's worth doing well.

THIS

#330 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 November 2020 - 11:19 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 16 November 2020 - 09:52 AM, said:

Been said many times before.. but it can never be said enough.. c'mon pgi, this would be a big QOL improvement!

Many times since the Skill Tree was added pretty much:
https://github.com/M...cker/issues/102
https://github.com/M...cker/issues/103
https://github.com/M...cker/issues/200

#331 Fetherator

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 80 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 11:49 AM

I would like to ask about the supported soundmode of MWO, is there even any surround sound in this game or can it be implemented in the engine? Native surround mode would be a great feature.

#332 DevilCrayon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 16 November 2020 - 12:08 PM

In the realm of specific UI bugs/improvements;
Has anyone mentioned the group UI getting all out of sync with who's in the group, yet?

Edited by DevilCrayon, 16 November 2020 - 12:08 PM.

#333 Z E T E T I C

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 12:32 PM

Apologies if this came up already, here are my thoughts:

Remove the 'your mech is locked and cannot be taken into a new game'. It penalises new players, makes the grind harder, and slows the entry of players back into the queue.

Make an option to re-enter the queue whilst you spectate after death. It will get more people back in the queue.

I think these two additions would increase the queue size by 20% at all times without requiring any new players. That has to be a good thing and simple to implement (I hope).

Also, can you please make it so that blocked players are muted by default? Currently they are not, and you have to unblock them to mute them, and then block them again. Pretty clunky.

Thanks

#334 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 01:00 PM

There is something happening in the command chair forum ... behold!

#335 Alreech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 01:14 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 16 November 2020 - 01:16 AM, said:

People don't want real competition, they want ez kills with just enough risk to be a hero but not a serious threat type deal.

But no, that competition me no likely thing. thats why people with friends are in merge queue not FW, Group or Solaris.

MWO players without friends don't like competition too (or fair ELO base matchmaking), otherwise they would play 1 vs 1 Solaris. Posted Image
The big benefit of 12 vs 12 Quickplay are the other 11 players you can use as meatshield and from whom you can steal the kills.

Most groups are bigger than 2 players, so solaris 2 vs 2 isn't an option if you want to play with friends.
Most groups are even bigger than 4 players, and that was the problem of group play: the huge difference in group size that can't be balanced by tonnage alone.

IMHO the optimum maximum group size for MWO would be 4 players, even if player groups tend to be bigger:
It fits to the 4 player Squad that is used ingame
It allows 4 vs 4, 8 vs 8 and 12 vs 12 match sizes

Group sizes bigger than 4 may be wished by bigger player groups, but create more problems than they solve, especially if PGI allows hard to match group sizes.

Just from matchmaking it doesnt make sense to allow hard to match groups size that work only in one combination and cause long waiting times:
9+3, 10+2 in 12 vs 12
5+3, 6+2 in 8 vs 8
So if you don't want to exclude 8 vs 8 as option groups bigger than 4 players make no sense.

It also doesn't make sense to use always 12 vs 12 match sizes. During times with low population the matchmaker should also be able to create 8 vs 8 or even 4 vs 4 matches with balanced teams (using smaller maps or reduced combat areas on big maps).

The match size (1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 4 vs 4, 8 vs 8, 12 vs 12) should not be a question of competition or not but a question of the playstile a player enjoys and how much players are aviable.

Solaris playstile is quick & brutal close quarters combat, and the 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 match size and the small maps are better for that than the big maps and big teams of 12 vs 12 Quickplay.

The problem with Solaris is that you can have quick & brutal close quarters combat too in quickplay - at least if you play NASCAR on Canyon Network, Solaris City, or HPG, or... - and you have 11 "teammates" to hide behind if things go wrong.

Edited by Alreech, 16 November 2020 - 01:17 PM.

#336 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 01:20 PM

Original post updated with links to the Developers Corner > Command Chair with each category in its own thread. More info coming with my regular Monday post coming later today.

All of the threads are pinned here: https://mwomercs.com...-command-chair/

#337 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 02:26 PM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 16 November 2020 - 09:52 AM, said:

You keep saying that but it's not a good enough solution homerz.. PGI needs to fix this..

Yeah mangz PGI should just upload it to our brains directly
or PGI could save money for working on important stuff like MATCHMAKER!
And lazy players can CLICK A FEW BUTTONS AND GO TO THE STORE!

I say that
And will repeat

PGI have a limited pool of resources to work on the game
Should not be used frivolously, like mini map changes no one wanted or asked for or Solaris 7

Edit: BTW I keep saying MATCH MAKER NEEDS WORK, this was the first time I mentioned the store I believe so a bit of an exaggeration on your part.
Posted Image

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 16 November 2020 - 02:36 PM.

#338 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 02:54 PM

View PostAlreech, on 16 November 2020 - 01:14 PM, said:

MWO players without friends don't like competition too (or fair ELO base matchmaking), otherwise they would play 1 vs 1 Solaris.

Well their casuals, expected them to be competative? Ha ha

Yet the queue they populated had a semi functional matchmaker that had semi fair PSR based matchmaking.
Untill merge queue that is!

And I already mentioned that players don't really want completion and players without friends are players.
So your point is?

People with friends have choices.
They have several queues made specifically for them. Group, FW, Scouting previously
Yet they come to the queue with solo's. All those FRIENDS QUEUES DIED, Go figure.
Why?
Haven't they got any FRIEND's, opps, we talking about people with friends arn't we?

The big benefit of 12 vs 12 Quickplay are the other 11 players you can use as meatshield and from whom you can steal the kills.

Steal kills, what winner ever says that! Its secure kills mate!
Whatever it takes For The Win!

Meatshields get compensated by winning often getting a free win via carriage, increasing their W/L which looks guid on ones resume.

Plus they get an extra 150K and any assists which they wouldn't have got if it was 12-0.

My Win/Loss is positive, any player on my team has a greater chance of winning than losing.
I'd say that's a positive for them!

Most groups are bigger than 2 players, so solaris 2 vs 2 isn't an option if you want to play with friends.

Most groups are even bigger than 4 players, and that was the problem of group play: the huge difference in group size that can't be balanced by tonnage alone.

IMHO the optimum maximum group size for MWO would be 4 players, even if player groups tend to be bigger:

It fits to the 4 player Squad that is used ingame

It allows 4 vs 4, 8 vs 8 and 12 vs 12 match sizes

Group sizes bigger than 4 may be wished by bigger player groups, but create more problems than they solve, especially if PGI allows hard to match group sizes.

Just from matchmaking it doesnt make sense to allow hard to match groups size that work only in one combination and cause long waiting times:

9+3, 10+2 in 12 vs 12

5+3, 6+2 in 8 vs 8

So if you don't want to exclude 8 vs 8 as option groups bigger than 4 players make no sense.

It also doesn't make sense to use always 12 vs 12 match sizes. During times with low population the matchmaker should also be able to create 8 vs 8 or even 4 vs 4 matches with balanced teams (using smaller maps or reduced combat areas on big maps).

The match size (1 vs 1, 2 vs 2, 4 vs 4, 8 vs 8, 12 vs 12) should not be a question of competition or not but a question of the playstile a player enjoys and how much players are aviable.

Solaris playstile is quick & brutal close quarters combat, and the 1 vs 1 or 2 vs 2 match size and the small maps are better for that than the big maps and big teams of 12 vs 12 Quickplay.

The problem with Solaris is that you can have quick & brutal close quarters combat too in quickplay - at least if you play NASCAR on Canyon Network, Solaris City, or HPG, or... - and you have 11 "teammates" to hide behind if things go wrong.

All that sounds like an opinion Dude, do you have data points.
Dead or diminishing FRIENDS QUEUES is moi PROOF!
I posted earlier my thoughts on the game regarding completion

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 16 November 2020 - 01:16 AM, said:

I don't think I need mention what happened to FW Scouting which was lance on lance .

Edit: SCOUTING WAS Excellent!, Couldn't hide in your group and get carried. Every team member was vital and losing just one was a huge blow.

Its was real completion so no wonder it died due to not being popular. No surprise, I sense a pattern!

IMO Good matching would reduce the competition making those queues for FRIENDS more popular.

Then we solo's can have our queue back.

I will let the reader deliberate.

I rest moi case.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 16 November 2020 - 03:03 PM.

#339 Crashburn

• PipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 03:16 PM

I have one suggestion for the map selection screen. How about toning down the frequency of the cold maps that pop up in selection choices! Basically every time I drop 1 of the 4 maps includes an iteration of a cold map. I don't mind that if that's as bad as it would get. Unfortunately, 60% of the time the random 4 maps that pop up are usually 2 or more of the cold maps. Usually it's frozen city/polar the majority of the time.

I just played 10 straight drops and got a cold map on almost every drop and sometimes the selections to choose from were 4 cold maps. I think in all 10 drop selection screens I didn't see Mining Collective, Viridian Bog, Canyon Network, Grim Plexus, HPG, a single time! It should never be that skewed!

Yet several times the selection screen was 4 choices of a cold map. Also as a side note 2 separate times it was Forest Colony Classic (both classic in one selection) and Frozen City Classic (both selections in one 4 map choice) Those are the same maps just different visibilities. They should never be in the same 4 map selection. At that point you're basically choosing from 3 maps...and then it skews the remaining options. Should be some way to code the selection screen that if one of the Forest Colony Classic or Frozen Classic maps get randomly selected the other version of that same Classic map is not randomly selected in the choice of 4.

I don't think those would be hard fixes. I know during certain events Terra Therma frequency was increased so it would come up more often. So it sounds like it's easily done.

Edited by Crashburn, 16 November 2020 - 03:18 PM.

#340 Daeron Katz

Senior Marketing and Community Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 03:19 PM

Locking this thread, let's move the discussion to the proper individual threads as linked from my original post HERE.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users