Mechwarrior Online 2021: New Features

2021 new features Gameplay Mode General

484 replies to this topic

#301 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 09 February 2021 - 01:00 AM

If you're ever thinking of returning Knockdown in any capacity, I have some take:

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 09 February 2021 - 12:58 AM, said:

Before we start, lets first admire the video about Knockdown and IIRC why it was removed:

Knockdown, with it's abusable nature, definitely looks like it doesn't have a place in the game. Yes it's fun to see PGI Staff getting beat in their own game, literally, but if that was me i'd be frustrated too. But KD itself is kind of part of the game, especially with HBS Battletech. Where overwhelming fire allows players to get free shots.

I am not really looking forward for the return of Knockdown, I do however have a different idea of how it might work, a watered down version -- by introducing Reticle Shake, like when you shoot your HGR, Jump-Jetting, or MASC. Yes it is still disruptive -- that is the point of the system, and I have no delusion that it will be well received, but not as disruptive that you're basically a free-meal in the middle of hungry hungry seal clubbers.

Is it needed? Honestly I think no, the game is playable without the KD mechanic. But if implemented, adds a bit more nuance with the game.

How it works:

> Each mech by class will have an amount of Instability.
> Instability dissipates overtime, starts after an amount of time mech ceases taking damage.
> Each Weapon will have a value of N that adds to the Instability, this is Instability Damage.
> If the Instability gets full, the mech's reticle shakes for a duration.
> During Reticle-Shake, mechs no longer receive Instability Damage.
> Once reticle-shake is over, Instability resets to zero.

For Example: (Note, value is for explanation and theorycrafting)

> King Crab = 100 Instability
> Timber-Wolf = 75 Instability
> Hunchback = 50 Instability
> Locust = 25 Instability

> Reticle Shake Duration: 1s (Amount of time in seconds that reticle will shake)
> Instability Dissipation Delay: 1s (Amount of time in seconds not taking Instability Damage to start dissipating current Instability Damage)
> Instability Dissipation Rate: 50%/sec (Needs 2 second to dissipate all Instability damage, total of 3s out of combat.)

> AC2 Instability Damage = 10
> AC5 Instability Damage = 20
> AC10 Instability Damage = 40
> AC20 Instability Damage = 80
> CERPPC Instability Damage = 80
> ERPPC Instability Damage = 100
> SNPPC Instability Damage = 100
> PPC Instability Damage = 100
> LPPC Instability Damage = 60
> HPPC Instability Damage = 100
> RAC2 I-Dmg/Sec = 20
> RAC5 I-Dmg/Sec = 50
> LRM Instability Damage = 5/missile (25/50/75/100)
> SRM Instability Damage = 10/missile (20/40/60)
> ATM Instability Damage = 15-10-5/Missile (45/90/135/180 HE)(30/60/90/120 STD)(15/30/45/60 ER)

The Instability Damage is purposefully high, and combined with I-Dmg invulnerability during a reticle-shake, any exceeding I-Dmg is wasted. Thereby the most efficient way to keep an enemy unstable is to partition shots to circumvent the reticleshake reset duration. The PPCs generally have instant Reticle-Shake ability, giving them more usefulness in being chainfired.

While the game currently, IIRC, heavily favors DPS because of armor-bloat, it's still concentrated fire the king because you maximize damage in the minimum instance possible, making it less likely the damage is twisted and the retaliation time minimized. The point of this system is to give partitioning shots a bit more utility.

#MakeSuppressiveFireGreatAgain

#302 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 10 February 2021 - 03:03 AM

never IK or Knock Down came back ...thinking the best Hope is when EG7 not cloce MWO end the Year or im not become a report for this noconstructive and not positive Comment Posted Image

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 10 February 2021 - 03:06 AM.

#303 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 1,101 posts

Posted 10 February 2021 - 10:43 AM

I know it's hard to to but what about make thermal-night-etc vision more useful then shange color mode? Like as it is - thermal allow You to see enemy behind some objects like thin walls, in woods (woods?.. in MWO?.. it's defferent idea!). Why not make something like magnetic sensors and so on?.. Same time, it will be really good to make mech's feel like MECH's - now those 30-40t mech's fly and jump like sportbikes!

#304 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 11 February 2021 - 01:17 PM

We should create 'Laser Machine Guns'

#305 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 12 February 2021 - 10:58 PM

View PostGilgamecc, on 11 February 2021 - 01:17 PM, said:

We should create 'Laser Machine Guns'

In BT thats Pulse Lasers ;) and gives another endless Balancing Problems :(

#306 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 13 February 2021 - 04:58 PM

Along with KMD and SOLO KILL values.. please add total team tonnage for both sides on end of match screen.

#307 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 13 February 2021 - 04:59 PM

View PostMW Waldorf Statler, on 12 February 2021 - 10:58 PM, said:

In BT thats Pulse Lasers Posted Image and gives another endless Balancing Problems Posted Image

I have been informed that the real Laser Machine Gun is the aptly-named (se)X-Pulse Laser

#308 Alreech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 14 February 2021 - 01:52 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 13 February 2021 - 04:58 PM, said:

Along with KMD and SOLO KILL values.. please add total team tonnage for both sides on end of match screen.

What would only lead to more whining about bad matchmaking in the forums.

The way the matchmaking works a 20 ton light mech is the same class as a 35 ton mech.

Current matchmaking is balancing:
short matchmaking time <-> player tier balance <-> mech class balance
Choose 2 of them.

#309 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 14 February 2021 - 08:47 AM

View PostAlreech, on 14 February 2021 - 01:52 AM, said:

What would only lead to more whining about bad matchmaking in the forums.

The way the matchmaking works a 20 ton light mech is the same class as a 35 ton mech.

Current matchmaking is balancing:
short matchmaking time <-> player tier balance <-> mech class balance
Choose 2 of them.

Players love information and stats.. the more info the better.. and information is what helps us keep improving the game in the right direction..

#310 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 01:11 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 09 February 2021 - 01:00 AM, said:

If you're ever thinking of returning Knockdown in any capacity, I have some take:

After polishing existing issues and growing the population I think meleee could add alot to the existing game
Punch button, kick button and knock downs
Austin Powers Six million dollar man judo chop Posted Image

Great for assault kicking against crotch hugging lights
Great for body blocking lights kicking assault mechs in the back
Skilled based gameplay - shoot vs kick vs punch = rock, papper, scissors

Take some programmer smarts doh

Edited by General Solo, 15 February 2021 - 01:17 AM.

#311 koiqq123

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2021 - 06:23 PM

需要添加中文界面

#312 Dionis Ra

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 07:55 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 13 February 2021 - 04:58 PM, said:

Yes, please.
Also please add total team damage for each side.

#313 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 16 February 2021 - 02:24 PM

View Postkoiqq123, on 15 February 2021 - 06:23 PM, said:

需要添加中文界面

Falls under the category "Localization"

#314 CowwsMOO

• Pip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 February 2021 - 05:38 PM

We should be able to skill out a mech in the store.

You can already build a loadout in the store and then do a test run with that build. It would be nice to be able to fully skill out the test mech so we can see how the skills effect the build in the testing grounds.

#315 Garlion

• PipPip
  • Sho-sa-ni
  • Sho-sa-ni
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 February 2021 - 12:33 PM

Not sure if this has been requested or not, but can we get an in game setting that we can toggle to start each match with override turned on?

#316 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 February 2021 - 06:38 AM

PLEAAASSSSEEEEE add an uncouple the torso from the legs option. I don't want to turn my torso to compensate for my legs changing direction. If I can shoot a target on a modern day Abrams tank at 42 mph while the hull is moving in a separate direction from my turret...I'm SURE we can do that 1000 years in the future.

thanx.

#317 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 12:04 PM

View PostSICk Nick, on 18 February 2021 - 06:38 AM, said:

PLEAAASSSSEEEEE add an uncouple the torso from the legs option. I don't want to turn my torso to compensate for my legs changing direction. If I can shoot a target on a modern day Abrams tank at 42 mph while the hull is moving in a separate direction from my turret...I'm SURE we can do that 1000 years in the future.

thanx.

You actually do that manually, it's a pilot skill

#318 RamRanchCowboys

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 February 2021 - 03:45 PM

The UI really needs reworked. The text size on 1440p and above is barely readable. I got my friend into the game, who has some eye issues and he had trouble reading anything. There's also no button to go directly to loadout. The current event button is not obvious and I played for over a month before I finally figured out where I had to go and what to press to claim event rewards.

In summary: The UI will drive away new players due to how clunky and unintuitive it is, and the game really needs updated for more resolutions above 1080p.

#319 Bits

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 08:48 AM

Gamemode ideas: Trying to add game modes for new players that can easily learn the basics and have fun.

Open Drop: Free for all big map battle, where you're dropped in a massive map and there are objectives the you can obtain better loot in higher traffic areas, C-bills cache, Supply Cache, Weapons/Components ect, but others are also after the loot. Grab as much as your mech can hold.capacity limits via tonnage) and request a pick up. Then you must navigate to a randomized drop ship location to get out with the loot. You drop loot upon death and you only are allowed so many drops per day unless you buy more drops with currency.

Last man standing: Start with a fresh stripped Mech of your choice with a single weapon, objective is to locate weapons, armor and upgrades in a vast battlefield. Upgrade your mech by destroying weapon/ammo and upgrade depots around the map or destroying other mechs, but you are only able to loot weapons and armor that remains intact upon destroying the other mech. Kit out your mech with loot dropped from other mechs. Be the last mech standing to win.

#320 JPeiper

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 March 2021 - 09:33 AM

New ish to MWO so sorry if this has been suggested before, but how about a constant "Big Game" ? v large map,with constant spawn in of players at a basecamp (Long walk to front sometimes, but unavoidable...) no cash/xp reward (too tricky to code) just a constant fun blast where we don't have to worry about dropping tiers etc, bit like the testing areas with players shooting back....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users