484 replies to this topic

#281 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 18 January 2021 - 02:26 PM

Mercs should be allowed to be 'mercs' and have mixed clan and IS decks for CW. They should also bed be able to drop on whichever side they want. This would add some much needed spice to CW.

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 18 January 2021 - 02:26 PM.

#282 Outlaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 321 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Hope and Glory

Posted 18 January 2021 - 03:29 PM

For me personally I would have to say the biggest thing I would like to see is the game re-balanced to start feeling more like a Mechwarrior experience. As it sits now it feels like a twitch shooter with a mech skin painted on it. Gameplay wise the mechs feel like they have no weight to them partially thanks to some of the quirks, the TTK has gotten even worse than before with the release of the new weapons in the Civil War update making the mechs feel flimsy. I will say during all my time playing, the time that the game felt the best was when the matches were 8v8.

Again these are just my thoughts, and I know they are not going to be popular with everyone, but as one of the old school players who had left the game, these are some of the same issues that are also echoed by the vast majority of my old MWO buddies who had also left the game as the reason they left.

#283 Karl Carver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 130 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 04:10 PM

Something i miss from MW4 is the rear view camera. There was a toggle that let you see behind the mech. The HUD was always wriiten in the books as 360 degrees, and i get why that may not be practical in a FPS. But i used to use the rear view camera when i was trying to escape an ambush and dodge the pursuers.

#284 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 18 January 2021 - 09:18 PM

View PostKarl Carver, on 18 January 2021 - 04:10 PM, said:

Something i miss from MW4 is the rear view camera. There was a toggle that let you see behind the mech. The HUD was always wriiten in the books as 360 degrees, and i get why that may not be practical in a FPS. But i used to use the rear view camera when i was trying to escape an ambush and dodge the pursuers.

Old theme and big performance Problem with modern Render Engin and a old Cry 3 Engine and the server based calculation have many Problems with Performance ...seeing Solaris City

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 18 January 2021 - 09:19 PM.

#285 Mordent Hex

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 34 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 08:05 AM

Add Active anti cheat software. seriously, every other online FPS worth it's salt has active counter cheating software. I'm not accusing anyone of cheating, I'm saying it legitimizes the game against it. Without that, well, MWO is kind of joke if you can't actively protect its community base and game integrity standards. It would stop witch hunts, accusations and any real cheating abuse in one stroke.

#286 Sare204

• PipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 10:33 AM

This is a longer read but i hope you can take inspiration from my thoughts.
I don't really care too much about BattleTech lore accuracy, but want to introduce more variety and thought to choosing your equipment loadout.

Advance the timeline:
General equipment: (Both factions)

Angel ECM: Improved ECM. Double range, 2 tons

Mech Mortars: This would be super cool to see. Press and hold assigned weapon group to enable trajectory fire with a minimum arc. (Could be visualized in game) Release and launch an arcing barrage of slower moving explosive shells with a more narrow Area of effect then Current consumables. Higher Classes launch more shells per barrage. no red smoke

Flamers: should be revamped with ER and Heavy variants as well. not sure how to balance, reduce heat generated when using the weapon systems. add slight damage for the Heavy variant.

Clan:

Hyper assault Gauss: Utilize gauss charge mechanic but have it fire as a burst with recoil similar to the IS Heavy Gauss. The projectiles would have spread (Maybe an Atlas sized target at 350m-400m) but also have a higher damage potential.

Proto-Autocannon: This is an interesting one. I see it as an "Improved IS autocannon"
Lighter, Lower damage per shot, reduced range (compared to IS autocannons of same class)
Single shot, But has a higher rate of fire then IS to make up DPS.

Improved Heavy lasers: In the lore, the main difference between Heavy lasers and Improved Heavy Lasers, is that The improved version explodes when destroyed. If this mechanic is brought over, introduce a mild range improvement, slightly improved duration, and a little extra heat.

Streak LRM: Heavier then standard LRM launcher. Lower trajectory (Like ATM), Stronger tracking, but randomize Hitbox impacts (Like streak-SRM) does not stack with Artemis

Rotary Autocannon: The one weapon that I am not sure about implementation. It would be cool, but not sure how to differentiate between Clan and IS versions.

Inner Sphere:

Bloodhound Probe: Improved BAP, Counters Stealth armor

Multi Missile Launcher: Similar implementation to ATM, but with some key differences.
As a "jack-of-all-trades" weapon system, you should be able to fire at any range but be outclassed by other launcher types within those ranges.
(SRM has more total damage per missile, MRMs have more missiles but do not lock on, LRMs have high arc and more missiles)
Lock-on/Dumbfire capable. No minimum range.

Thunderbolt launcher: Exactly as described in lore. Big missile, high damage, longer cooldown, shorter range, and more vulnerable to AMS.

Mech Rifle: Acts as "Heavy Autocannons" Heavier, more slots, higher damage, improved range. lower ammo per ton.

Light Autocannon: Lighter, same slots and damage, less range but higher Rate of fire then standard Inner Sphere AC. (allows ballistic builds on lighter mechs)

X-Pulse lasers: Longer range then standard pulse lasers, more heat per pulse, same damage but does not have cooldown (Laser RAC?)
Should be easy to balance with heat per pulse, or pulses per second.

Bombast laser: Short-medium range, Low duration, low-high damage, High heat, Long cooldown, Utilize 3 second Gauss charge mechanic that adds damage and heat per "Charge level" up to a max Damage/Heat. (One charge level per second, Max 3)

#287 MitchellAvellar

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 January 2021 - 06:43 PM

The number one improvement i'd like to see is better use of all that match data in the way of statistics. For example, I'd love to see something that shows my WL% broken down by mech variant. But that's just the tip of the iceberg. I'd start with making all the lists on the website sortable, that alone would be a big improvement. I think you could make some pretty massive improvements to the statistics reporting capabilities on the website for a pretty minimal investment. If you really wanted to go all out, you could make it so we can do things like track our damage output and W/L % before and after changes to a mech's config. Stuff like that would add to the game immensely. I've always felt that the reports we have both in-game and on MWOMERCS seemed like a bit of an afterthought and aren't all that helpful in helping us make decisions about how we configure our mechs. The weapon stats are kind of useless, especially since we can't easily compare ours to other peoples' stats with the same weapon to get a real feel of which ones we are best with. If we could do that, they'd be useful. The map stats are ok, but not deep enough. I'd suggest something like a filter that lets you look at how you do on each map with each mech in your stable. And maybe a pivot table that shows win% per map per game mode. I don't know, hire a reporting expert for a few months and see what they can come up with Posted Image

#288 Phantom90k

Rookie

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 07:05 AM

I would like to select my load out before the quick play match starts

Alright I know a lot of people have probably already said this but here is my take on it.

In quick play before after just about every one has joined give people 20 seconds to chose from 3 pre made load outs. You set your load outs in the load out screen like normal. But the equipment that you use is locked to that load out so yes you need a engine for all three load outs same with weapons and equipment. This give me a reason to burn through my cbills and play more matches. Also for simplicity the upgrades; armor, heat sinks, structure, and guidance will be locked for all three load outs.

But that would make polar highlands a LRM nightmare right?! Yes plz bring your LURM assaults, cause one load out of every single of my mechs is going to have ams and or ecm. Also while waiting to drop me and three other people chose our fast moving stealth mechs to chew up there defenseless Lurmers. After a few matches people will need to bring hunter killers to deal with the other teams stealth fast movers. This will hopefully encourage more team play and communication.

This will also give me a reason to go through all my mechs and dust them off and play them again with more roll based load outs. I feel a lot of unused mechs would benefit from being able to chose different load outs rather than making one well rounded one.

#289 Jay Sovereign

• PipPipPip
  • 55 posts

Posted 20 January 2021 - 06:37 PM

How could I forget? Destructible environments. Destructible objects. Let's blow up all the little rocks and trees! Let's do damage to buildings and bridges! Perhaps I didn't bring this up in my previous posts because I figured it was a pipe dream.

#290 Karl Carver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 130 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 03:33 PM

View PostPhantom90k, on 20 January 2021 - 07:05 AM, said:

I would like to select my load out before the quick play match starts

Thats something else i miss from MW4, the ability to pick my cammo scheme before the drop. I could change to a snow scheme for snow maps, green for jungle maps, desert cammo for desert maps etc. In this game i would be happy to have that option but be limited to schemes you have to pay real money for to get. I would by half a dozen at 10 bucks a pop if i could pick them to fit the map thats about to drop.

#291 VikingN1nja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 607 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 21 January 2021 - 04:21 PM

8v8 might work on smaller maps better, ten have 12v12 on larger ones?

#292 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 January 2021 - 05:44 PM

Please advance the timeline.. Yes there is still a lot here but more weapons would be amazing..

Please add drop decks to quickplay.

#293 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 22 January 2021 - 02:33 AM

View PostMordent Hex, on 19 January 2021 - 08:05 AM, said:

Add Active anti cheat software. seriously, every other online FPS worth it's salt has active counter cheating software. I'm not accusing anyone of cheating, I'm saying it legitimizes the game against it. Without that, well, MWO is kind of joke if you can't actively protect its community base and game integrity standards. It would stop witch hunts, accusations and any real cheating abuse in one stroke.

Cheats very rare ...MWO is serverbased and not clientbased like most other FPS games

#294 Karl Carver

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 130 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 02:30 PM

View PostKarl Carver, on 21 January 2021 - 03:33 PM, said:

Thats something else i miss from MW4, the ability to pick my cammo scheme before the drop. I could change to a snow scheme for snow maps, green for jungle maps, desert cammo for desert maps etc. In this game i would be happy to have that option but be limited to schemes you have to pay real money for to get. I would by half a dozen at 10 bucks a pop if i could pick them to fit the map thats about to drop.

Another aspect is that as people start to use the option in the pre drop lobby to fit their cammo to the map thats won the vote, units will start to drop with the same livery, Also as you make new maps you can add pay for use cammo specs to suit it, which means for every new map you bring in some money as players buy the cammo scheme for that map.

For example if you were to make a map like MW4 Vengance's Dust bowl, all sand dunes and sand storms that block vision and due to their mineral content sensors (its the minerals that make the planet worth fighting for and holding) you also create a pay to use map specific cammo scheme that one can select in the lobby just before drop. Each new map has unique colour palettes and thus a new sellable scheme to go with it.

#295 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 28 January 2021 - 05:49 PM

Why advertise to the enemy team that our side has a disconnect ripe for the picking by lights.. any disconnects should NOT be visible to the enemy on the roster should rather show as normal. This would give the DC a chance to reconnect ..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 28 January 2021 - 06:48 PM.

#296 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 340 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 28 January 2021 - 07:24 PM

What about a feature that would highlight incorrectly selected skill nodes that will have 0 effect on your current configuration? Thus allowing you to see a stupid mistake before you waste the SP?

#297 Hawk819

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 28 January 2021 - 08:50 PM

For me:

1) Battle Results, giving us full details of the battle when we enter the `MechBay. I know, the battle results is readily available before we leave the battle. However, I'd love a battle results for the `MechBay. Call it After Action.

2) an in game clock to tell time, cause some of us want to keep track of time while playing so we can keep our appointments, etc.

#298 InvictusLee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 1,693 posts
  • LocationStanding atop my MKII's missile pack, having a whisky and a cigar.

Posted 02 February 2021 - 07:27 AM

DIS!!!!

View PostVonBruinwald, on 02 February 2021 - 06:43 AM, said:

REDUCE HEAVY GAUSS/LBX-20 TO 10 SLOTS

Being as we can't crit-split this is the next-best thing.

#299 pewpewgunther

• Pip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 16 posts

Posted 05 February 2021 - 04:30 PM

I don't know if that has popped up anywhere but a very small change that would be a comparatively large QoL improvement would be to change the color of mechs inherent quirks vs. the skill tree when you pull up 'Mech Stats. Once you get a mech fully skilled out it can be hard to pick out the baseline quirks from the skills. Or these could be separated into Enhancements and Skills or Enhancements and Quirks or whatever floats your boat, if that would be easier to implement vs. changing the color of the font used.

#300 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 06 February 2021 - 01:24 AM

Unit mechs, like trial mechs but for each unit member to have access to, that are bought and set up by the unit. It will help new unit members get up to speed with unit build and play styles and help them participate in faction sooner. They could be faction-only mechs even, or have an accompanying unit faction deck. It would greatly enhance the benefits of unit membership and give mature units something to do with all the cbills in their coffers

View Postpewpewgunther, on 05 February 2021 - 04:30 PM, said:

I don't know if that has popped up anywhere but a very small change that would be a comparatively large QoL improvement would be to change the color of mechs inherent quirks vs. the skill tree when you pull up 'Mech Stats. Once you get a mech fully skilled out it can be hard to pick out the baseline quirks from the skills. Or these could be separated into Enhancements and Skills or Enhancements and Quirks or whatever floats your boat, if that would be easier to implement vs. changing the color of the font used.

Oh god yes, please do this immediately

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users