261 replies to this topic

#261 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 19 November 2021 - 08:42 AM

Any changes that increase rate of fire across the board would be very bad. as it alreay possiblt to throw out massive alphas with heat penalties, using cool shots, judicously.

So cool shot has to go, if there isn't a heat penalty

Losing effectively half a third of your engine, and it still works is already streatching believability to the maximum, lowering what is already an over generous penalty makes me shake my head.

Mixing clan weapons, and inner sphere weapons, Engines just no...

that then makes the franchise pointless, might as well stop calling the prouuct mechwarrior online, and call it just another generic robot shooter game.

I objected to clans over balance issues, I obected to new weapns systems, there werre already balances and hit register issues, and as predicted, balance was greatly effected, as was time to Kill. It was never a viable chance as mechs needed to be produced to keep the game running, but the balance anf TTK issues are fact.

Anything that reduces time to kill just makes the game worse.

ToD I like the mechanic, because it causes maps the feel slightly different, but it was never effective, as Heat, and Night Vision, were not made anymore of less viable options ffor a performance hit. As others have mentioned, it needs going, but a random time scale added to the maps.

UI pass, well mw5 just changed its to be more like MWO format, if it could be brought up to the standard of the original MW5merc alpha standard, I'd be for it, otherwise what's the point.

few others mentioned comand wheel changes, that's where there amy well be an option for change make it easier to use, so my use it.

#262 Trepmal

• Pip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 January 2022 - 01:00 AM

The only thing on the list I have a suggestion for is heat, just give the raw numbers in place of the 0.0 to 2.0 scale. I've been playing since 2012 and I still don't know what it actually means. I just know 1.2 is too small.

I'd be a happy mechwarrior If I had these three numbers instead:
  • Heat capacity (actual value)
  • Heat dissipation rate (per second)
  • Alpha Strike Heat Gen (actual value)
While I'm dreaming, I'd like a numerical indicator for heat gen on each of my firing groups so I didn't have to go into a practice round to figure it out.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users