2021 features

255 replies to this topic

#241 Adrian Burton

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 05:25 AM

What do you think of this, a wish list in the ingame store?
So that you can mark mechs that you would like to buy and then also be informed if one of them should be on sale.

#242 Budulai740

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 12:58 PM

Make engines cheaper.
Half of my mechs are using LIGHT 300 and most of them are waiting for the engine to be removed from another mech in order to be played

Edited by Budulai740, 06 March 2021 - 01:12 PM.

#243 John McHobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 09:45 AM

Can we please cut the entire JJ skill tree and make baseline JJs worth a damn?
Especially since even if you max it on an Assault mech the performance ist still awful.

#244 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 612 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 07 March 2021 - 06:36 PM

Regarding UI, can we please have the DPS of our builds shown? Also, it's sometimes helpful to know the base quirks of a chassis, so base quirks should be displayed in a different color to those from the skill tree.

#245 NiceDad

• PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 06:43 PM

I'm waiting for the next MC sales.

#246 Kurt the Merc

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 06:37 AM

I love the idea of a customizable pilots tied to the skill trees. It would reduce skill grind while adding monetization of pilot appearance.

#247 f4d3r4

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 March 2021 - 02:30 PM

Hi there,

here are few my ideas about future updates:

1. Restrict the disconnected info only to player team (whats the point to reconnect when light rushes toward your position as soon as they see the info...)

2. Let us choose the load out and camouflage for mech when in the lobby waiting for drop. When in lobby we could have a drop down list with preset loadout and camouflage that we create in mech lab.

This is it for now ;)

Have fun
Fader

#248 MasterBLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 636 posts
  • LocationWarsaw,Poland

Posted 06 April 2021 - 08:23 AM

I've quit MWO entirely in 2016, due to a stream of bad decisions. A final nails were:
1) ghost heat.
it simply sucks, and removes fun from the game.

2) constant messing up and nerfing weapons.
Mainly clan weapons, lasers in particular. Just after introduction they were perfectly balanced - definitely stronger than IS counterparts, but with noticeable longer, and significant burn time so you had to take it into account.

3) removing mechs masteries(those which required you to have 3 variants of a mech), modules and introduction of the skill tree.
I liked to switch builds for a single mech several time during a play session - say first two games I'd play a Stormcrow as an 7xML striker, then I'll rebuild it completely to ex, a LRM boat. All it required these good old times was to change equipment and modules, now I'd have to bother reapplying points in the skill tree - if it's even possible.

#249 Kieryzmah

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 12:02 PM

youtube.com/watch?v=IcQADTIJxBk

#250 MeanMachinE

• PipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 79 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 06:15 AM

Skill Tree / Grind Reduction -> I liked the old skill system more (if I remember correctly). I would like, if unlocking the skill nodes would be cheaper or would not require c-bills at all. The whole skill tree could be made better to be honest. With the current skill tree you could also get rid of XP all together and make all XP GXP. There is no need for two XP mechanics, just makes thinks complicated for new players.

Remove Torso Heat Spike Mechanic -> Yes. You could also consider that losing a side torso would be a second wind -mechanic/or add it as an unlockable skill node. This way the mech would basically lose all/most of its heat when a side torso is lost. The logic would be that the side torso that is lost would have hold most of the excess heat which in part would have caused the torso to die off, or something like that. Usually losing a side torso means that half of the weapons are gone and the mech is pretty useless anyway.

Heat Management Values Not Representative of Heat Efficiency -> this would be good. Sometimes single heat sinks seem to work better than double though the stats say otherwise. You could also increase the efficiency of leg heat sinks that are in water.

Simplify Command Wheel -> I think the current wheel works just fine. I have more problems with the map commands. These are seldom used. Also the spam protection time limit could be reduced for the wheel a bit.

Remove Time of Day Change in Matches (FPS hit) -> This has been implemented. Works ok, though some maps should be added back with additional time of day to the rotation, as has been discussed.

UI Performance Pass / Scaling? -> Yes, scaling/agility changes would make twisting more rewarding. The scaling changes in the past made e.g. some light mechs as big as medium mechs and therefore too vulnerable to be used effectively. Assaults also need more maneuverability. What's the use of having lots of armour if you get killed from the CT no matter how you try to twist the torso?

#251 Alreech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 07 April 2021 - 07:28 AM

View PostKieryzmah, on 06 April 2021 - 12:02 PM, said:

youtube.com/watch?v=IcQADTIJxBk

Yeah, the "you must always mount 10 heat sinks in your mech, even if this punishes using engines below 250 rating" is a stupid rule.
It's a rule that should have been fixed a long time ago in the Battletech Tabletop Wargame, and it's a rule that never should have been used in a Mechwarrior first person shooter game.

And no, PGI won't fix this, because most MWO players defend each stupid rule with "it's the lore".

#252 PraetorGix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 612 posts
  • LocationHere at home

Posted 07 April 2021 - 12:25 PM

View PostAlreech, on 07 April 2021 - 07:28 AM, said:

Yeah, the "you must always mount 10 heat sinks in your mech, even if this punishes using engines below 250 rating" is a stupid rule.
It's a rule that should have been fixed a long time ago in the Battletech Tabletop Wargame, and it's a rule that never should have been used in a Mechwarrior first person shooter game.

And no, PGI won't fix this, because most MWO players defend each stupid rule with "it's the lore".

Well, it's the lore. So, no.

#253 Ialdabaoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 329 posts

Posted 10 April 2021 - 05:40 PM

Of course, regarding the Skill Trees, this is probably the most straightforward improvement possible:

Posted Image

Edited by Ialdabaoth, 10 April 2021 - 05:41 PM.

#254 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,108 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 10 April 2021 - 11:03 PM

Simplify Command Wheel -> I think the current wheel works just fine. I have more problems with the map commands. These are seldom used. Also the spam protection time limit could be reduced for the wheel a bit.

never use the wheel, against the Command Wheel in Battlefield 2 its a pain in the A**...terrible UI is a great talent by PGI

#255 Kurt the Merc

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 19 posts

Posted 16 April 2021 - 01:59 PM

Could the Skill Tree be tied to a pool of customizable, monitizable, pilots instead of each chassis

also, just my 2 cents... a reduction of nodes seems like a dumbing down, whatever is decided for skills. Please reduce grind not the depth of customization.

#256 Lanzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 21 April 2021 - 05:29 AM

Just organize the nodes better, so that you can (for example) select range extension without having to select unrelated nodes to get to them all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users