261 replies to this topic

#201 Sheridan Mackison

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 48 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 03:56 PM

View PostAlreech, on 11 January 2021 - 03:22 PM, said:

Server kicks them off = mismatch between clients software & server software.
Typical the disconnets you get after a game update goes wrong or the last patch (client or server) was buggy.
Gets very uncommon if a game doesn't get mucht updates.

Connection lost = player unplugs the cable or kills the connection, or provider has a problem / provider reset the connection / router got more traffic with higher prio (VOIP Telephone) or disconnects for unknown reasons.
The reason for a connection lost can't be know by the game.

I have this happen occasionally. It is very frustrating to have your client lock up and then when you get back into the game you get a 60 second penalty because you "left the match prematurely"! And yes, it is probably because I bought my computer just for MWO when the game was still in beta, but we can't all get a new computer every few years.

#202 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 12 January 2021 - 06:40 AM

If you're going to include the pretty meaningless 'kill assist' stat in the final score screen (which one can achieve by grazing the enemy with a single laser or even just bumping into him, lol) then please also include the more useful KMD stat.

Hmm maybe let's also make kill assist mean something.. only earned if you inflict say 10-15% or more damage to a destroyed mech. Anything less isn't much of an assist..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 12 January 2021 - 06:41 AM.

#203 Free Rasalhague

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:04 AM

Skill Tree adjustment: I have been playing probably too much of World Of Warships, but I think the Skill tree should only be xp costs. Would make sense, since it is like a "research" or "Commander XP" thing

Heat Spike: BEGONE! Please, Heat spike is a mechanic that has been annoying me for years. Especially when its only Autocannons that generate so much heat. Ghost heat may be the same thing but dont know.

Heat Management: Can use some work, have not had a problem with it really. Then again, I have not played the game much in the past two years.

Command Wheel: Yeah, I think a button command would be nice. World Of Warships does the same thing. Binded to the F(number) keys by default.

Day time: Would be nice to remove it, since most of the time it seems to be sped up so fast its unreal.

UI and Scaling: PLEASE SCALE!!! YES! UI? Well, The UI can be refined, and it would be nice if there was a way to change both color of it no matter the tech. I think the UI should also be alterable, as in you can move the weapons tab to a different location, the map, and all. Just move it around to your like. Also, can we get the Heatsink display in some mech working (they they already were)? It would be nice to see it in all mechs. There can be so many different things to 'spice' the game with.

#204 3RoyalStar1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 121 posts

Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:15 AM

Yeah skill tree grind reduction would be great
Each mech could come with 50 gsp

Edited by 3RoyalStar1, 12 January 2021 - 10:15 AM.

#205 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 12 January 2021 - 10:59 AM

View PostAlreech, on 11 January 2021 - 03:22 PM, said:

Server kicks them off = mismatch between clients software & server software.
Typical the disconnects you get after a game update goes wrong or the last patch (client or server) was buggy.
Gets very uncommon if a game doesn't get much updates.

Connection lost = player unplugs the cable or kills the connection, or provider has a problem / provider reset the connection / router got more traffic with higher prio (VOIP Telephone) or disconnects for unknown reasons.
The reason for a connection lost can't be know by the game.

I had a game where one from red side dc'd.. then I dc'd a minute later.. not sure if others dc'd because I couldn't reconnect in time.. my connection to the internet was fine.. bottom line.. two or more dc's should be considered no-fault and no penalties doled out.. just as a start..

Another thing they should implement is team damage forgiveness where teammate(s) can forgive because many, MANY times it's the other persons fault or you just graze someone with 5 team damage and you kill them..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 14 January 2021 - 06:27 AM.

#206 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 14 January 2021 - 06:31 AM

Change the Faction Warfare rank rewards to things that will actually entice people to play.. throw in some free colours, sprinkle in some MC, camo's, even free mechs for major milestones like rank 15..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 14 January 2021 - 09:13 AM.

#207 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:20 AM

Allow firing 3 LGauss at once please

#208 AnimePops

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 77 posts
  • LocationOklahoma, USA

Posted 16 January 2021 - 11:49 AM

Skill Grind -- I think the skill grind is only punishing in the fact that there are 100's and 100's of variants out there. In the beginning it was too simple but it was linked to an entire chassis. So you were skilling up 5+ Mechs at a time. I think the answer here is not so much revamping the skills themselves massively or even the grind time of a tree, but to unattach it from a mech single variant and instead to pilots. Similar genre games out there link skills to a commander or crew or pilot. I think that just works in that you can take that pilot out, and stick it in another variant. You use them not only to focus the skill of a weapon skillset, but also can attach to the lore of the world, creating more immersion of said world. I.E. IS Mech Pilots can only pilot IS Mechs. Light Mechs can only pilot Light Mechs. (Without retraining). I would even go one further and maybe set it up where only Davion Pilots can pilot Davion historical variants possibly (or make special MC only pilots with special skill quirks that have such restrictions.) By doing this, you will still have quite a few pilots to move around with different specialties to still have a rewarding grind, but at the same time, not expect 400+ grinds on EVERY mech for those that are at that stage of the game. Possibly part of the new player experience would be rewarded with a capped out skill pilot or one very close (2/3 or so) to capping out.

Time of Day -- Always hated the time of day changing. Visibility in matches is sometimes frustrating already. I would love more maps that allowed us to view the game and mechs in all its beauty including all these paint jobs. Why even pay for a camo pattern if the game forces everyone to run Heat or Night view mode or be blind? I get that some matches to be different, but I wish the majority were plain ol' sunny days. LOL

UI Scaling -- I think the entire UI needs revamp. Its still very clunky and not intuitive. That being said, please have a scale setting. At 1440 it keeps rescaling down and I need a magnifying glass to see anything.

#209 Darkenedvoid99

Rookie

• The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 04:46 PM

Honestly, one of the simplest ways to cut grind is to even out the earning of matches comparatively to the average price of of both mechs and modules in general. At the end of the day, it isn't necessarily how many things the player has that gives them an edge in the match, its how they use it, so giving them more of an avenue to find a mech they like and a weapons platform they like using would be less punishing if they constantly have the C-bills available to work on everything and get it juuuuuust right. Of course, im not saying give players millions a match, but, for example, a reaaaally bad match gives a player roughly 150k-180k at the end, so why not bump that up a bit to where its not so... punishing (?). it wouldnt necessarily make the better players feel worse off either, because the value increases or decreases (however you decide to structure them) will end up benefiting them as well, because at the end of a match where they did quite a bit will give them even more C-bills, however, my target isn't them, but the ones that are struggling to learn or play decently(well, decently for them at least, im not trying to turn everyone into MLG MWO players, but hope this gives them enough of a push to get them to, for lack of a better term, git gud). Thanks in advance, and have a good day!

#210 Garran Tana

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 144 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 17 January 2021 - 02:35 AM

More options for Weapon groups tab
The whole Weapon groups tab feels empty and not used to the potential it has. That's why some use the FireControl macros etc.
It would be amazing if you could change some additional settings for chainfire (like some delay options, even "as soon as next weapon is ready" as an option), option to have something always on - great for TAG.

Edited by Garran Tana, 17 January 2021 - 02:36 AM.

#211 Caboose30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 880 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 17 January 2021 - 10:45 AM

Know what I would love to see? Double heat sinks dissipate double the heat of regular ones. Overheating can still be a mechanic without making every mech run ungodly hot. Like really, every mech in this game has an overheating problem no matter what you do. It's borderline unmanageable to the point it isn't a mechanic, it's a gimmick. Maybe just bump them up to 1.8x cooling instead of the barely useful 1.4 that they are now. Trust me, as hot as all these mechs run, overheating will still be a thing.

Another thing that would be fun is mixed-tech mechs. Maybe make it an exorbitantly high price to mount clan weapons on IS mechs and vice versa. Or you could even make it so that modification locks the mech for a duration and stops people from using it for 1-2 days. As far as Solaris goes, just add that to the classifications - Clan, IS, Mixed - if it becomes a problem there. That would go a long way to breathing new life into the designs without having to completely reworks everything.

#212 Jobalisk

• PipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 17 January 2021 - 10:54 AM

There are 2 things I want to see. A rerelease of the classic terra therma map, and a rerun of the Sarahs Jenner charity Event. I just missed out on the original event by about a month. Its been bugging me for years and the Jenner is my favourite mech.

#213 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,575 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 03:32 AM

View PostCaboose30, on 17 January 2021 - 10:45 AM, said:

Know what I would love to see? Double heat sinks dissipate double the heat of regular ones. Overheating can still be a mechanic without making every mech run ungodly hot. Like really, every mech in this game has an overheating problem no matter what you do. It's borderline unmanageable to the point it isn't a mechanic, it's a gimmick. Maybe just bump them up to 1.8x cooling instead of the barely useful 1.4 that they are now. Trust me, as hot as all these mechs run, overheating will still be a thing.

You're not up-to-date. The heat system was changed a while back and DHS dissipate .22h/s now.

#214 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 18 January 2021 - 05:31 PM

I personally like the time of day changes. If the time of day is going to be fixed for the duration of a match, I'd like to see times randomly selected to put the entire match in the dark, the light, bad weather, rain, etc.

#215 Jobalisk

• PipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 21 January 2021 - 10:58 AM

One other thing i’d like to see return is a screen in the mech that shows heatsink status. Like how it did back in the day. It was somewhat useful.

#216 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 21 January 2021 - 11:32 AM

View PostJobalisk, on 21 January 2021 - 10:58 AM, said:

One other thing i’d like to see return is a screen in the mech that shows heatsink status. Like how it did back in the day. It was somewhat useful.

Also would be epic if the screens showed a rolling tally of current damage you have inflicted on the enemy and current damage taken..

#217 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 21 January 2021 - 05:45 PM

All that sounds great if it ever arrives.

View PostEurystheus, on 18 January 2021 - 05:31 PM, said:

I personally like the time of day changes. If the time of day is going to be fixed for the duration of a match, I'd like to see times randomly selected to put the entire match in the dark, the light, bad weather, rain, etc.

As long as the fix thermo and night vision to work across the maps.. And have proper thermo.

Edited by Samial, 21 January 2021 - 05:47 PM.

#218 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 22 January 2021 - 02:30 AM

View PostSamial, on 21 January 2021 - 05:45 PM, said:

All that sounds great if it ever arrives.

As long as the fix thermo and night vision to work across the maps.. And have proper thermo.
by start of MWO both Views worked across the Map and PGI deleted this Function ,while Russ/PGI Staff thinking its a Feature against the PGI Playstyle and to great Advantage

#219 Vlad Ward

• The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 3,097 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 09:39 AM

Thermal vision had to be nerfed into the ground because in its first few incarnations there was literally no reason to ever not be in Thermal mode 100% of the time.

Even now it's still the superior vision mode in 98% of cases (it's a high contrast vision mode that can see through smoke and ignore the shrapnel from incoming fire).

#220 Jobalisk

• PipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 24 January 2021 - 11:46 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 21 January 2021 - 11:32 AM, said:

Also would be epic if the screens showed a rolling tally of current damage you have inflicted on the enemy and current damage taken..
yes, this, the kill tally and the heatsinks, make those screens useful. And bring back terra therma classic.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users