#221 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 24 January 2021 - 12:30 PM

View PostJobalisk, on 24 January 2021 - 11:46 AM, said:

yes, this, the kill tally and the heatsinks, make those screens useful. And bring back terra therma classic.

There's already a kill tally.. `the skulls, remember? Rolling damage tally (given and taken) would be so sweet..

#222 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 24 January 2021 - 07:02 PM

View PostVlad Ward, on 22 January 2021 - 09:39 AM, said:

Thermal vision had to be nerfed into the ground because in its first few incarnations there was literally no reason to ever not be in Thermal mode 100% of the time.

Even now it's still the superior vision mode in 98% of cases (it's a high contrast vision mode that can see through smoke and ignore the shrapnel from incoming fire).

I think that there should be skills/quirks to enhance the alternate vision modes...but we should definitely not return to the old BlueVision™ Warrior Online days.

#223 Jobalisk

• PipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 43 posts
  • LocationNZ

Posted 25 January 2021 - 11:16 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 24 January 2021 - 12:30 PM, said:

There's already a kill tally.. `the skulls, remember? Rolling damage tally (given and taken) would be so sweet..

I know theres a kill tally, I mean, add other things like the kill tally. There used to be a heatsinks screen and that was good. So bring it back, then add a damage tally too, and bring back terra therma classic.

Heres an example: https://mwomercs.com...805-jester-fit/

#224 DAEDALOS513

• The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 25 January 2021 - 11:35 AM

View PostJobalisk, on 25 January 2021 - 11:16 AM, said:

I know theres a kill tally, I mean, add other things like the kill tally. There used to be a heatsinks screen and that was good. So bring it back, then add a damage tally too, and bring back terra therma classic.

Heres an example: https://mwomercs.com...805-jester-fit/

Wonder why they got rid of em..

#225 TENTACLE BOSS

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 09:49 PM

Rework airstrikes so they don't feel like something from a mobile game.

A player pays money and they get to dot an area of the map with projectiles that take a chunk of armor. Its always felt like a weak addition to the formula.

#226 3RoyalStar1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 121 posts

Posted 26 January 2021 - 10:11 AM

Yes please make the skill tree grind reduced
It’s really annoying when your a player who doesn’t play often and you have all those unmastered mech lying around

#227 Piffle

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • 6 posts

Posted 29 January 2021 - 08:09 PM

Jump "distance" per jump jet vs. mech tonnage is screwy. It starts high at 20 tons and drops through 35 tons, then spikes back up (up a lot... like a stupid amount) at 40 tons and then drops off again as tonnage goes up. It would be nice if something were done about this. The easiest would be make all 20-35 ton values = 40 ton value. Current setup seems wrong, since a lighter mech has less mass to devote to anything, and making them spend more on jump jets gets stupid fast. Personally, I'd set every jump jet provide equal jump distance, so the more taken, the more you can jump (like in the table top game), but balance...

The current model appears to assume that any jump jet from 40-70 tons provides the same thrust and the resulting "distance" divides that thrust by the mech's weight. It appears that the same model is used for the 20-35 ton jump jets, but the amount of thrust is cut significantly. I don't remember if the 75-100 ton JJ is the same as the 40-70 ones...

Here's an excerpt from an e-mail (bug report) I submitted in April, 2018 with more details:

It appears that a 35 ton mech has the worst jump performance among all
mechs from 25 - 70 per jump jet.

Evidence set 1:
Cougar-H caps out at 4x jump jets, so we use this as the base point,
though any 35 ton jump capable mech will show the same results. As you
can see from "Cougar-4.jpg", its jump distance is 29.7. Compare this to
the Spider-4.jpg, with a jump distance of 34.6, the cataphract-4.jpg
with 30.1, the Quickdraw-4.jpg with 35.1, the Griffin-4 with 38.3, and
the Cicada-4.jpg with a whopping 52.7. That's 78% increase for a 5 ton
difference! Note that none of these mechs have jump jet quirks, and all
these screenshots were taken from the store's mech lab, so no skills.
Just to show the ridiculousness of this, take a look at the Spider-8 vs.
Cicada-8: 69.3 vs. 105.4, with the same number, weight, and crits worth
of jump jets. No offense, but WTF???

Evidence set 2:
So to double check I wasn't loosing my mind and that these numbers
reflected "reality", I found a ledge my cougar couldn't quite get up on
and then tried it with the new Uziel-3P y'all gave out, but with only 4x
jump jets, and the Uziel could clear it no problem, even from the bottom
of a little ramp which put its starting point lower than where the
cougar couldn't make it at all.

#228 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,658 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 February 2021 - 04:42 PM

Can we get the starting cockpit light value to be off? I turn it off almost right away in match with the period key.

Additionally, could that improve performance for the cockpit rendering if it was only one value?

#229 D3dl3g

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 February 2021 - 08:30 AM

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 05 February 2021 - 04:42 PM, said:

Can we get the starting cockpit light value to be off? I turn it off almost right away in match with the period key.

Additionally, could that improve performance for the cockpit rendering if it was only one value?

theres an entry in User.cfg for that... i know because i have it... and it helps soo much, bear with me and ill dig it out for you

--edit--

PM Sent

Edited by D3dl3g, 07 February 2021 - 08:45 AM.

#230 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 08 February 2021 - 06:19 PM

I want that if you get gifted or receive any item via an event that you already own in terms of decals/colours to be converted into C-Bills and not just lost...

#231 Brownie

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 11:57 AM

Could you please fix the constant crashing in this game? Brand new PC, R9 5900X RTX 3080 32GB RAM and this game crashes constantly for me. It's pretty much unplayable. Crash at least 4 times per match and by the time I get back in, I am already dead.

#232 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 01:03 PM

View PostBrownie, on 19 February 2021 - 11:57 AM, said:

Could you please fix the constant crashing in this game? Brand new PC, R9 5900X RTX 3080 32GB RAM and this game crashes constantly for me. It's pretty much unplayable. Crash at least 4 times per match and by the time I get back in, I am already dead.

Sounds like an issue with your PC or internet connection. I have a 5600x and a 2080 super (waiting on step up) and no issues at all. May want to DDU and reinstall drivers, check your network connection, check if your PSU can handle the power spikes of the 30 series, etc.

#233 3RoyalStar1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 February 2021 - 02:41 PM

Hey what about making it so you can choose what map and mode you wanna do and then there is a queue for that specific selection of map/mode that would make it much better so then when you are a Srm brawler you don’t end up on polar highlands

#234 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 25 February 2021 - 08:04 PM

Make King-Crab claws open while charging Gauss, or spinning up RACs.

#235 Powderpuppy

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 03:24 AM

I would like to see pilot rating for each Mech class just because you good in one weight doesn't mean you are at another
Also maybe a pilot based skill tree.

#236 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 26 February 2021 - 09:10 AM

PGI you guys really need to end the penalty for leaving a match that was thrown in the first couple of minutes.

View Post3RoyalStar1, on 19 February 2021 - 02:41 PM, said:

Hey what about making it so you can choose what map and mode you wanna do and then there is a queue for that specific selection of map/mode that would make it much better so then when you are a Srm brawler you don’t end up on polar highlands

every goddamned time

actually one way I think they could address that is by letting us hit the button with three or four mechs ready to go. for matchmaking purposes it would probably be best to have that replicated for each weight class, so to drop QP you put whatever selection of builds you want in the ready deck, then once the map and mode voting happens players pick which of their pre-selected mechs they are going to drop in. It could even be on the same screen, players can start choosing as soon as they see 'oh ok there's a lot of vertical terrain on three of those, long range on most, alright not the time to take that CP-10-Q I wanted to skill up'

Edited by Omniseed, 26 February 2021 - 09:16 AM.

#237 callsign ferret

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 7 posts
  • LocationColorado, USA

Posted 01 March 2021 - 04:49 PM

Caustic / Night "Bug"

I have played this Map / ToD a few times now since the patch. I really like this combination, it brings a new feel to this map and makes night vision a viable option.

Please consider this "bug' for adoption, or at least a longer test run (fix in May patch maybe?)

thanks!

#238 Adrian Burton

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 18 posts

Posted 03 March 2021 - 05:25 AM

What do you think of this, a wish list in the ingame store?
So that you can mark mechs that you would like to buy and then also be informed if one of them should be on sale.

#239 Budulai740

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 March 2021 - 12:58 PM

Make engines cheaper.
Half of my mechs are using LIGHT 300 and most of them are waiting for the engine to be removed from another mech in order to be played

Edited by Budulai740, 06 March 2021 - 01:12 PM.

#240 John McHobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 07 March 2021 - 09:45 AM

Can we please cut the entire JJ skill tree and make baseline JJs worth a damn?
Especially since even if you max it on an Assault mech the performance ist still awful.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users