The Guy Doing The Events Is On Extended Holiday Or What?

33 replies to this topic

#21 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 06:17 PM

i kind of expected a solaris kickoff at least. unless they decided to discontinue it. it also wouldn't surprise me if they did as solaris isn't really that popular. events usually start on tuesdays so we will see tomorrow.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 November 2020 - 06:19 PM.

#22 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 23 November 2020 - 07:37 PM

try to Play last Lootbag event after 1 Year...4 Matchs i thinking , the last my oversized Madcat was trapped under a bridge ...and im remember, yes, its a trap since 7 Years ,and the Matches most NASCAR ...so im quit after the 4 Matchs and play other Games

#23 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,705 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 07:19 AM

View PostKodyn, on 23 November 2020 - 01:04 PM, said:

it's toxic, but it's the reality of MWO.

It's not toxic - it's a simple description of reality.

The MWO gameplay has not changed since the very first days of MWO. You could pick any 2013 or 2014 MWO player and launch him in 2020 game and with a high probability he would drop on his familiar map and into his familiar Assault or Skirmish to find out that all current players are using still the same 2013 strategy - and many of them are still riding those 2013 'Mechs..

#24 yrrot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 07:22 AM

View Postmartian, on 20 November 2020 - 10:08 PM, said:

Is it a joke, or a serious answer?

Matt is still there. Him and Daeron are both working on MWO feedback, MW5 Steam/DLC stuff, etc. Matt was working on holiday events, I think?

#25 thievingmagpi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 01:18 PM

At least they finally admitted no one plays Solaris

#26 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 24 November 2020 - 07:41 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 24 November 2020 - 12:58 PM, said:

Solaris seasonal event announcement is up at least.
Stuff changed. I hope it helps.

Im Hate Arenafights in all ways ..from MW4 to Cod Warzone Gulags ...im play PvP as a part from a Big Battle (oh ...big Battles in mWO?) not for narcistic Arenafights, for thats its give better games like Faceball 2000

#27 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,705 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 09:32 PM

View Postyrrot, on 24 November 2020 - 07:22 AM, said:

Matt is still there. Him and Daeron are both working on MWO feedback, MW5 Steam/DLC stuff, etc. Matt was working on holiday events, I think?

The only threads where Matt Newman is active are Event threads that he personally started and he only watches them to check that he recycled those old challenges correctly.

Daeron Katz has opened a few threads where MWO fans can discuss the same topics that they have discussed hundred times for the last few years.

#28 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 10:58 PM

so they announced an event that starts next week. [redacted]

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 25 November 2020 - 02:05 AM.

#29 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,966 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 24 November 2020 - 11:04 PM

big hats off to Matt I think he saved MWO
and I am sure others also with there very generous events

I see a lot of new players and they dont listen to us bitter complainers
events help new players just enough to keep them playing long enough to learn the game

#30 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 25 November 2020 - 02:57 AM

View PostDavegt27, on 24 November 2020 - 11:04 PM, said:

big hats off to Matt I think he saved MWO
and I am sure others also with there very generous events

I see a lot of new players and they dont listen to us bitter complainers
events help new players just enough to keep them playing long enough to learn the game

its give People thats learned from others ,and other must self seeing what is, when pissend to a E-Fence

#31 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 25 November 2020 - 06:18 AM

Spot on!

Solaris 7 Season 11 Kick Off Event
~Starting on/about Tuesday Dec 1st 2020, for about 30 days

http://mwomercs.com/events/373

View PostLordNothing, on 23 November 2020 - 06:17 PM, said:

i kind of expected a solaris kickoff at least. unless they decided to discontinue it. it also wouldn't surprise me if they did as solaris isn't really that popular. events usually start on tuesdays so we will see tomorrow.

#32 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:06 AM

View Postmartian, on 24 November 2020 - 07:19 AM, said:

It's not toxic - it's a simple description of reality.

The MWO gameplay has not changed since the very first days of MWO. You could pick any 2013 or 2014 MWO player and launch him in 2020 game and with a high probability he would drop on his familiar map and into his familiar Assault or Skirmish to find out that all current players are using still the same 2013 strategy - and many of them are still riding those 2013 'Mechs..

Your two points have nothing to do with one another. It is in fact a toxic relationship, it fits every description of such. Whether you want to admit you're in a toxic relationship with a game/community/developer, doesn't change the fact that you are. It's also the definition of insanity that as players we keep showing up, expecting anything to change, when history has shown us that PGI is incapable of such. Am I going to stop showing up? Probably not, but I can at least admit there's nothing healthy about the dynamics of MWO.

Back to the point....looks like even Matt is at his limits. A Solaris event? Why? Why is Solaris even still a mode? Why devote any time or attention to it? Bunch of people in the US have time off this week, so why wouldn't you capitalize on that with sales and events that will draw people in? Oh right...PGI....

#33 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,404 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:51 PM

Weekend Turkey Warrior Event, just started!!

http://mwomercs.com/...y-warrior-event

#34 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,705 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 09:51 PM

View PostKodyn, on 25 November 2020 - 07:06 AM, said:

Your two points have nothing to do with one another. It is in fact a toxic relationship, it fits every description of such. Whether you want to admit you're in a toxic relationship with a game/community/developer, doesn't change the fact that you are. It's also the definition of insanity that as players we keep showing up, expecting anything to change, when history has shown us that PGI is incapable of such. Am I going to stop showing up? Probably not, but I can at least admit there's nothing healthy about the dynamics of MWO.

Sorry, I thought that you used the word in the sense it is often used on this forum: When you say some unpleasant truth and your opponent has no argument, he says that you are "toxic".

View PostKodyn, on 25 November 2020 - 07:06 AM, said:

Back to the point....looks like even Matt is at his limits. A Solaris event? Why? Why is Solaris even still a mode? Why devote any time or attention to it? Bunch of people in the US have time off this week, so why wouldn't you capitalize on that with sales and events that will draw people in? Oh right...PGI....

The sunk costs fallacy. Russ Bullock refusing to admit that Solaris 7 was a mistake.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users