• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 02:42 AM

In regards to playing, If the enemy don't like it
Chances are your doing a good job
Nascar away or what ever you do for the win

The lamentation of their women/your women
Is feed back of your effectiveness or lack of

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 04 December 2020 - 02:43 AM.

#42 Swamp Ass MkII

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wild Dog
  • Wild Dog
  • 386 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 07:57 AM

View PostSirSmokes, on 02 December 2020 - 12:14 PM, said:

Like most things things have strengths and weaknesses. So brawling is good but not too good

Brawling has it's limitations, like anything else... I love brawling, LB20 x 2 and 4 SRM6's. Yeah, it's got it limitations, such as lack of range, lack of sheer speed, but, it's fracking fun!!!

#43 The pessimistic optimist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 09:24 AM

View PostSwamp *** MkII, on 04 December 2020 - 07:57 AM, said:

Brawling has it's limitations, like anything else... I love brawling, LB20 x 2 and 4 SRM6's. Yeah, it's got it limitations, such as lack of range, lack of sheer speed, but, it's fracking fun!!!

But not lack of fire power. I well made brawler will rip apart more specialized mechs

Edited by SirSmokes, 04 December 2020 - 09:27 AM.

#44 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,035 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 09:31 AM

View PostVgerRD, on 04 December 2020 - 12:07 AM, said:

It's clear you didn't read my post.

yea i did, you went on about something that had nothing to do with nascar. i lost interest after that and didnt read the rest.

Edited by LordNothing, 04 December 2020 - 09:54 AM.

#45 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 11:28 AM

View PostSirSmokes, on 04 December 2020 - 09:24 AM, said:

But not lack of fire power. I well made brawler will rip apart more specialized mechs

But a well made brawler is an extremely specialized mech...

#46 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 11:35 AM

View PostBrauer, on 04 December 2020 - 11:28 AM, said:

But a well made brawler is an extremely specialized mech...

Well depends on the load out brawler's are any mech generally carry three weapons or more two at the least. Can be made to be little more general over all unless you just want to go for ultra close range builds. specialized mech is something that good at a roll but not as flexible

Edited by SirSmokes, 04 December 2020 - 11:36 AM.

#47 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 11:43 AM

View PostSirSmokes, on 04 December 2020 - 11:35 AM, said:

Well depends on the load out brawler's are any mech generally carry three weapons or more two at the least. Can be made to be little more general over all unless you just want to go for ultra close range builds. specialized mech is something that good at a roll but not as flexible

If you're putting other weapons on it it's no longer a brawler, it becomes a bracket-build. Brawlers are not defined by carrying two plus weapons...any mech in the game does that for the most part. Brawlers are mechs that fight at 300m or less (often more like 200 or less) and want to dive into a sustained engagement, as opposed to doing a peek and poke fight at 300m.

#48 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 11:59 AM

View PostBrauer, on 04 December 2020 - 11:43 AM, said:

If you're putting other weapons on it it's no longer a brawler, it becomes a bracket-build. Brawlers are not defined by carrying two plus weapons...any mech in the game does that for the most part. Brawlers are mechs that fight at 300m or less (often more like 200 or less) and want to dive into a sustained engagement, as opposed to doing a peek and poke fight at 300m.

Going have to disagree here you can build brawlers that work at 500m range with MRM/ATMs ACs and lasers. MRM are for sure a brawling weapons and ATMs can be used on brawlers with back ups. Sure if you are stuck on AC 20/SRM load then sure its a great loadout but it's not the only one

Edited by SirSmokes, 04 December 2020 - 12:00 PM.

#49 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 12:08 PM

View PostSirSmokes, on 04 December 2020 - 11:59 AM, said:

Going have to disagree here you can build brawlers that work at 500m range with MRM/ATMs ACs and lasers. MRM are for sure a brawling weapons and ATMs can be used on brawlers with back ups. Sure if you are stuck on AC 20/SRM load then sure its a great loadout but it's not the only one

ATMs are not brawling weapons, they have a 120m minimum range and work best on poptarts.....you do not brawl with atms.

MRMs are pretty much the only exception here.

It's not really worth having a conversation if words don't have meaning.

#50 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 12:25 PM

View PostBrauer, on 04 December 2020 - 12:08 PM, said:

ATMs are not brawling weapons, they have a 120m minimum range and work best on poptarts.....you do not brawl with atms.

MRMs are pretty much the only exception here.

It's not really worth having a conversation if words don't have meaning.

120 I brawl with LRMs *shurgs* that little reader that tells you range is great. Your meaning is to narrow

Edited by SirSmokes, 04 December 2020 - 12:26 PM.

#51 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 08:57 PM

Perhaps the definition of brawler is a mech limited to brawling.

You can brawl in an AC2 Boat, or PPC boat

Dat don't make them brawlers

Apart from the hitreg thing I mentioned earlier, I find brawling in fact inferior to longer range play styles.

Not only are the classic weapons pretty meh compared to many longer range weapons due to nerfs but just the play style is limiting and a bit all or nothing.

Not only is your brawl build super important but more so is the pilot as you need to close the distance to get into range without dieing.

Also your sorta dependent on the enemy being semi bad, as any decent foe would rekt your mech before you got into to range, or they just kite you till your dead, or leg you and then kite you, and then your strike bait.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 04 December 2020 - 09:04 PM.

#52 VgerRD

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 37 posts
  • LocationIn front of my monitor

Posted 04 December 2020 - 10:21 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 04 December 2020 - 09:31 AM, said:

yea i did, you went on about something that had nothing to do with nascar. i lost interest after that and didnt read the rest.

It's clear you didn't read my post.

#53 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 04 December 2020 - 11:05 PM

View PostOZHomerOZ, on 04 December 2020 - 08:57 PM, said:

Perhaps the definition of brawler is a mech limited to brawling.

You can brawl in an AC2 Boat, or PPC boat

Dat don't make them brawlers

Apart from the hitreg thing I mentioned earlier, I find brawling in fact inferior to longer range play styles.

Not only are the classic weapons pretty meh compared to many longer range weapons due to nerfs but just the play style is limiting and a bit all or nothing.

Not only is your brawl build super important but more so is the pilot as you need to close the distance to get into range without dieing.

Also your sorta dependent on the enemy being semi bad, as any decent foe would rekt your mech before you got into to range, or they just kite you till your dead, or leg you and then kite you, and then your strike bait.

Brawler's can be made that work at 500m+ with the right weapons. The idea that brawling is 300m in only is silly. There mid range brawler https://mech.nav-alp...#5d69a5bb_ON1-P

Edited by SirSmokes, 04 December 2020 - 11:14 PM.

#54 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 05 December 2020 - 01:52 AM

We some in the community put a thread together about exactly what is brawling?

https://mwomercs.com...at-is-brawling/

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users