107 replies to this topic

#101 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 01 December 2020 - 04:47 AM

Waiting time can't be the problem for Cadets when Tier 1 get drawn into Tier 3 matches, then they to can be matched against Tier 3.

#102 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 423 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 05:12 AM

View PostDeadWeight18, on 01 December 2020 - 04:47 AM, said:

Waiting time can't be the problem for Cadets when Tier 1 get drawn into Tier 3 matches, then they to can be matched against Tier 3.

Can't tell tbh, since I do not know anything about the actual population number within tiers (last official post months back), so I am just assuming.

But when Tier1 players can be drawn into Tier3-games and Tier5 players can be drawn into Tier3-games (tier+/-2) too, they can be drawn into a common game, can't they? Do not know how the matchmaker works in this regard though or if he excludes certain combinations generally.

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 01 December 2020 - 05:15 AM.

#103 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 01 December 2020 - 05:47 AM

It is obviously a glaring fact of how much we matter to PGI. Call me a naysayer but when you get blown off like this, it is a sure sign you don't mean anything as a player in MWO. You are just props for money in between MW5 and the next big thing. I bet you now that once the new company takes over, it is going to be all about a NEW game. See a pattern here? As a MWO player, we are used to be put on the back burner. The whole love, hate thing has been going on for 9 years now.

That in turn brings into question any promises that have been made thus far. I haven't seen anything meaningful beyond Phil's butt hurt stream when Bombadil started this. Did anyone else notice the bitterness of "not getting rehired" in that stream? That was pretty meaningful drama.

Regardless of what ultimately gets put forward from these threads, I expect a minimalist effort from PGI that barely addresses the community wants. They will throw us a bone so the new players think something NEW is coming down the pipeline and then BAM, another new batch of salty players for the game. thx PGI, we love you too. Posted Image

Edit: Has it been 9 years since Alpha?

Edited by Deathshade, 01 December 2020 - 06:09 AM.

#104 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 423 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 06:12 AM

View PostDeathshade, on 01 December 2020 - 05:47 AM, said:

It is obviously a glaring fact of how much we matter to PGI. Call me a naysayer but when you get blown off like this, it is a sure sign you don't mean anything as a player in MWO. You are just props for money in between MW5 and the next big thing. I bet you now that once the new company takes over, it is going to be all about a NEW game. See a pattern here? As a MWO player, we are used to be put on the back burner. The whole love, hate thing has been going on for 9 years now.

That in turn brings into question any promises that have been made thus far. I haven't seen anything meaningful beyond Phil's butt hurt stream when Bombadil started this. Did anyone else notice the bitterness of "not getting rehired" in that stream? That was pretty meaningful drama.

Regardless of what ultimately gets put forward from these threads, I expect a minimalist effort from PGI that barely addresses the community wants. They will throw us a bone so the new players thing something NEW is coming down the pipeline and then BAM, another new batch of salty players for the game. thx PGI, we love you too. Posted Image

Edit: Has it been 9 years since Alpha?

Kinda share your sentiment, Deathshade and can not rule this possibility out. Still hope PGI proves us wrong at least THIS SINGLE TIME over the coming weeks via a transparent roadmap including meaningful milestones. Until then let us try to grant, gather and structure more sophisticated feedback - and DO NOT limit yourself to the consensus points necessarily - that will help the community to measure how earnest their proclamation of MWO having a future is.

Tar and feathers ain't got no expiry date anyhow ...

#105 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 01 December 2020 - 08:19 AM

View PostAnAnachronismAlive, on 01 December 2020 - 06:12 AM, said:

Kinda share your sentiment, Deathshade and can not rule this possibility out. Still hope PGI proves us wrong at least THIS SINGLE TIME over the coming weeks via a transparent roadmap including meaningful milestones. Until then let us try to grant, gather and structure more sophisticated feedback - and DO NOT limit yourself to the consensus points necessarily - that will help the community to measure how earnest their proclamation of MWO having a future is.

Tar and feathers ain't got no expiry date anyhow ...

You are right. I am just wasting my breath here. The regular players that spend loads of time creating content that PGI can reuse for updates aren't really responding these days.

#106 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 08:24 AM

Moving players into 4.5 will also greatly increase the number of seal clubbing alt accounts. Their experience will not improve, per my graph from the pre-JayZ PSR days.

#107 Abu619

Rookie

• Giant Helper
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 10:56 AM

BALANCE THE DROPS! How do we have an all Assault teams vs All Medium or light teams?????

#108 NyxSilence

• PipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 December 2020 - 12:23 PM

I'm just going to repeatedly post the same thing week after week until I get a functional response.

PGI killed faction play with NONSENSE, SINGULAR HOUSE OR CLAN versus fights and then constantly thought nerfing clan into the ground was a good idea. This didn't work and in fact it pushed people away. So do some real balancing and put faction play back to the way it was which is 12v12. No amount of added staged battles is going to bring ANYONE BACK because it hasn't worked for 2 years. 8v8 has NEVER BEEN and NEVER WILL be the answer for bad decisions. Just go back and undo what was WRONGLY done the first time. Faction is the life blood of MWO. When you guys finally see that, we will finally start to heal.

Edited by NyxSilence, 01 December 2020 - 12:24 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users