Solaris 7 Season 11 Kick Off Event And Changes

63 replies to this topic

#21 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 10:13 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 24 November 2020 - 03:20 PM, said:

I would WAY rather have new Warhorns and Decals for everyone to earn than just the same top 100 Solaris players season after season.

So following this logic, when comes the CUT of benefits for the Comp-Players.

EMP, EON, JGX are always the winning teams. Why always give the SAME 75 Comp-Players so much Rewards?

#22 Extra Guac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 201 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 10:24 PM

Just flatten the rewards structure. Reduce the payouts for the top 3 & increase payouts for the top 100 & top 500.

Killing all the rewards completely indicates an intention to kill the game mode - which seems like a huge, unnecessary mistake, even if there is something great coming in the pipeline.

#23 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 24 November 2020 - 10:35 PM

A big part of the low player count in Solaris is the low player count in Solaris. Dividing those in 14 queues doesn't help at all with it.
For myself, I ignored the 2vs2 part completely, since you can't solo queue it. And 1vs1 (when I still tried for the season start events) I looked for queues that had at least 1 player waiting to increase the chance to actually get a match. If more players do that, even less players appear in the queues.

So, combined queues. If you want to keep this underused mode, combine the queues. We have to preselect the mechs for divisions anyway, so it "just" needs a checkmark somewhere to "include this division when searching for a match". Might also help with constantly running into the same opponent for the "win 1 in every division" part - the least favourite part, well, except for getting the actual 25 matches played in every division. That I only did once, since a few seasons, I don't even do the start event.

The offered rewards are - in my opinion - not the problem with the mode. Sure, removing the warhorns will likely turn more players away from it, but increases at the top end won't add any (noticeable numbers). Maybe increasing the participation rewards would help, but I'm not sure on that. Deserted game mode with 14 queues to get lost in, a vicious cycle, feeding into a downward spiral.

#24 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 10:39 PM

View PostFryDeeper, on 24 November 2020 - 10:24 PM, said:

Just flatten the rewards structure. Reduce the payouts for the top 3 & increase payouts for the top 100 & top 500.

Killing all the rewards completely indicates an intention to kill the game mode - which seems like a huge, unnecessary mistake, even if there is something great coming in the pipeline.

thing about solaris it is so un played that if you just put in your 25 games, you usually get rewards. even that is not enough to get me and most other players to play the mode.

#25 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 10:46 PM

View Posttee5, on 24 November 2020 - 10:13 PM, said:

So following this logic, when comes the CUT of benefits for the Comp-Players.

EMP, EON, JGX are always the winning teams. Why always give the SAME 75 Comp-Players so much Rewards?

this is a huge problem in the game.

fp - play an absurd number of hard to find games games get mc/mech bays/gxp
solaris - play a lot of games, get boltons/mc/gxp
comp - make a team and play some games, get a ton of mc.
qp - play a lot of games, get weapons and dekkles.

its easy to see why players leave in droves. nothing against good players, and they should get rewards. but if your goal is to get people to play the game, you need to aim the rewards at the center of the bell curve. i want to play the game but without significant rewards, there just isnt any point.

Edited by LordNothing, 24 November 2020 - 10:48 PM.

#26 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 November 2020 - 11:26 PM

View PostVoice of Kerensky, on 24 November 2020 - 09:16 PM, said:

Someone complained that they got tired of the same prize warhorn at the end of the every season.
Someone awarded the same (and bad) warhorn for seven seasons straight, no?

#27 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 24 November 2020 - 11:41 PM

mode not played at all = "least played mode"
If the top Solaris player got nearly 50k MC, that doesn´t mean he likes to play the mode. He is just a top tier player going for the rewards.
I played the minimum 25 games in Season 9 in every division and ranked Top 10 to Top 25 easily.
Gave up last season, cause getting an opponent was a thing of 30 minutes wait time. Not worth it.
So yes, your "least played mode", the mode you changed the name and logo of MWO for, is the not played at all mode.
10 seasons, 2 and a half years, and you didn´t care. Solaris was dead after season 1. Nobody liked it, nobody played it and you did ... nothing.
[redacted]

Edited by Ekson Valdez, 25 November 2020 - 02:15 AM.

#28 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 12:00 AM

View PostHorseman, on 24 November 2020 - 11:26 PM, said:

Someone awarded the same (and bad) warhorn for seven seasons straight, no?

Well... awarded. And now it won't be))))
So it became better?

Hope you read my postscriptum in the post that you partially quoted? Understood the sarcasm of the whole my message?
It's just that I write in a non-native language, so I am overcome by doubts, do people understand what I have written correctly?

There are two meanings hidden in that message:
- a hint for the PGI that they are doing not what the players ask them to do (they just do not understand their players);
- a hint for players to be careful in their desires, because the PGI has shown us enough times that they make the most negative decisions on a seemingly positive request from players.

The players say: "We tired from old warhorn. PGI, is it possible to do something better?"
The PGI replies: "Are you tired from the old warhorn? Okay, there won't be any more warhorns. Youself asked for it."

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 25 November 2020 - 12:13 AM.

#29 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 12:20 AM

By the way, I completely forgot.
Thank you for the new event, PGI!

#30 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 12:29 AM

Jesus ******* Christ. Whatever PGI do, you are bitching like chidlren.

MOMMYYYY I WANNA MY WARHORN

HAHAHA

Thanks for a little piece of laugh. Needed that today.

#31 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 12:35 AM

View PostBistrorider, on 25 November 2020 - 12:29 AM, said:

Jesus ******* Christ. Whatever PGI do, you are bitching like chidlren.

Not true, i´m only bitching when they do something stupid or unnecessary or unnecessary stupid.
So if i´m bitching all the time ... It´s PGIs decision to stop it.

#32 Bistrorider

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 273 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 12:56 AM

MY WARHORN!

WERE IS IT?

LOL

Edited by Bistrorider, 25 November 2020 - 12:57 AM.

#33 RRAMIREZ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 183 posts
  • LocationIn the Blob

Posted 25 November 2020 - 01:20 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 24 November 2020 - 12:21 PM, said:

Important Announcement!

As of this season we are changing season-ending rewards for Solaris Mode.
Why are we doing this?
  • Solaris is one of the least played modes in MechWarrior Online in terms of total players and time spent in the mode.
  • It is also the only mode with "Seasons" requiring more content created for it than other modes.
  • In the future (next year) our intention is to continue to create Seasonal Rewards however they will be either Mode agnostic or for a mode that gets the most engagement.

Shouldn't this be in the "monday update" ?

#34 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,369 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 25 November 2020 - 07:48 AM

A BIG thank you to MWO for adding in MC for simply participating in Solaris 7 !!

Hey guys, don't you realize that you can earn 50+ MC for just playing 25 Solaris 7 matches per tier?
ie: 7 tiers x 50 MC = 350 MC minimum, just for playing (not winning) Solaris 7 matches.

Previously only C-Bills but no MC was handed out:
http://mwomercs.com/...solaris-rewards

#35 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 25 November 2020 - 08:51 AM

Don't make it such a chore to get in and play

I hate the intro crap that eats up 30 seconds

You have to Queue forever

you have to queue a specific division

There's no tournament mode where you keep playing

No "Stock" variant mode

If it was All Divs are queued, Allow me to add it to the normal queue

Maybe some 2 v 2, 3 v 3, 4 v 4 with random people..on the small maps..I'd actually like that.

#36 ambosen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 120 posts

Posted 25 November 2020 - 09:22 AM

Here's an idea. Fix it so you don't spend more then three hours in cue simply waiting to see if there'll be enough players playing you can even attempt participating. I gave up on *ever* playing a Solaris match for one simple reason: There's literally noone logged in to play the game *with.* Whereas, I can generally get a quickplay match in under 5 minutes.

The entire reason why people aren't playing the Solaris 7 mode is because they *can't* due to lack of players.

Edited by ambosen, 25 November 2020 - 09:22 AM.

#37 BARRY SHlTPEAS

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 80 posts
  • LocationBrown Sea Buccaneer

Posted 25 November 2020 - 09:34 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 24 November 2020 - 03:20 PM, said:

...(Which is also getting gamed by the same players season after season to farm MC, C-Bills, and GSP.)...

Interesting turn of phrase.

I hope you mean that the competitive 1v1 and 2v2 gameplay mode is being consistently won by the best 1v1 and 2v2 players.

To me it reads like you are casting shade at people playing the game within the ruleset defined by PGI. Alternatively it means you are aware of some sort of misconduct or unsportsmanlike behaviour and aren't taking any further action.

Edited by -Verti-, 25 November 2020 - 09:36 AM.

#38 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 25 November 2020 - 09:41 AM

View Post-Verti-, on 25 November 2020 - 09:34 AM, said:

To me it reads like you are casting shade at people playing the game within the ruleset defined by PGI. Alternatively it means you are aware of some sort of misconduct or unsportsmanlike behaviour and aren't taking any further action.
Sounds like he says that the players trying to organize more coordinated Solaris drop times are abusing the system?
... ffs, we all just want to get in on some pew-pew with giant robots.

#39 BARRY SHlTPEAS

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 80 posts
  • LocationBrown Sea Buccaneer

Posted 25 November 2020 - 09:48 AM

View PostHorseman, on 25 November 2020 - 09:41 AM, said:

Sounds like he says that the players trying to organize more coordinated Solaris drop times are abusing the system?
... ffs, we all just want to get in on some pew-pew with giant robots.

It is vague, and some clarification would be good. As I'm sure many are aware 'win-trading' in Solaris has been noticed, recorded and even streamed on occasion.

Frankly I think the real issue is that the Solaris mode is almost exclusively played by folks in the hope of earning rewards. My personal experience of it is somewhat limited as my attention span is short, and waiting approximately 15 minutes for a 1 minute game is not my idea of fun.

#40 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 25 November 2020 - 11:39 AM

The responses to this thread are pretty good evidence as to why PGI probably shouldn't spend too much time paying attention to the forums and the whining therein.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users