Monday Mechwarrior Update With Daeron #06

20 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 06:26 PM

Greetings, MechWarriors!

It's time for another Monday MechWarrior Update, and we have a busy week ahead!

Last week we launched the MWO ADVENT EVENT, with Daily Challenges and Prizes until December 24th! More events are coming soon including the MWO Stocking Stuffers Event, MWO Holiday Bonus Event, MWO Boxing Day Event, and the MWO New Years Event. Stay tuned for those announcements starting this week!

DROPSHIP DEALS are back in our first MWO Holiday Deal of the Season! Look forward to more sales being announced starting this week including, Spirit of Giving (2 for the price of 1 gift codes in the gift store), Complete Collections (200 GSP bonus when you buy Complete Collections), all-new Holiday Bundles of Joy (exciting new bundles you won't want to miss!), Boxing Day Sales, and New Years Sales!

I just posted the info for the MWO 2021 COMMUNITY TOWNHALL with Russ, which will be taking place this Friday, December 11th. Get all the details HERE. This is the final stretch before we take our holiday break, so be sure to participate if you would like, and have your voice heard before we launch the MWO roadmap in January!

I'm also happy to announce that starting December 15th, all new Cadet accounts will be starting in Tier 5. A small but first of many steps to improve the new player experience, and the game in general, heading into the new year.

And finally, be sure to keep and eye out for my Dev Hunt events, where you can earn Dev Kill Medallions and more prizes if you can hunt me, find me, and kill me throughout the month of December. Maybe we'll even get Matt to join me for a few! I'll announce those events on the MWO TWITTER as well as my personal Twitter account HERE.

Happy Holidays everyone and I'll see you on the battlefield,
Daeron "Bombadil" Katz

#2 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 06:33 PM

First nakh!

#3 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 473 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 06:37 PM

Daeron, thanks for the info!
I see we have a lot of work ahead of us to complete all the events. It makes me happy.
Posted Image

The good news (everyone) is that the cadets will finally play in their sandbox. I really feel sorry for these people when I see them in tier 1-2 battles.

Upd. For some reason, this character came to mind. I could not restrain myself and decided to add.

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 07 December 2020 - 06:59 PM.

#4 crazytimes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,316 posts

Posted 07 December 2020 - 06:53 PM

- normal Christmas event
- Would you like to buy a mechpack?
- talking about a talk to talk about talks for possibilities for change
- cadets start in T5

Thanks for the updates.

#5 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 December 2020 - 07:38 PM

Have to nitpick:

And finally, be sure to keep and eye out for my Dev Hunt events,

Posted Image

Edited by C337Skymaster, 07 December 2020 - 07:39 PM.

#6 Tenchuu

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 25 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 07 December 2020 - 11:20 PM

I see a lot of movement in the direction people have been talking about, at least as far as the small changes go. The flexibility of the mech packs is good, as is starting at tier 5. The problem with the purchases remains. I can pick four mechs, but can't see any information on them at all. I have to load the program (or vise versa and go to a web page) to find out anything about the mechs I'm choosing from. It actually took me a couple hours to dig through them to find what looked good. Now just make the tiering and ranking invisible to tidy it up. The advent calendar is also going in the right direction. Now it just needs to be splashier. I hate to harp on it, but (granted with a larger fund pool than y'all have (or maybe not considering the acquisition)) WoWS. https://calendar.worldofwarships.com/

You're giving me hope for the future, if in small chunks to start.

Edited by Tenchuu, 07 December 2020 - 11:23 PM.

#7 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 08 December 2020 - 11:18 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 07 December 2020 - 06:26 PM, said:

I'm also happy to announce that starting December 15th, all new Cadet accounts will be starting in Tier 5. A small but first of many steps to improve the new player experience, and the game in general, heading into the new year.

Any chance we can get a little more detail on this? I hope that whoever is handling this will at least start them around Mid-T5 and not at the absolute bottom? :mellow:

Also, will the number of Matches needed before Cadets get their VoIP Mic enabled be reduced, perhaps to no more than just 10 mere Match plays? I find it kind of disruptive that Cadets are muzzled, when making people stop to type in combat generally gets them killed. I'm more-or-less always trying to get teammates to communicate, and the silence is deafening. :(

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 07 December 2020 - 06:26 PM, said:

And finally, be sure to keep and eye out for my Dev Hunt events, where you can earn Dev Kill Medallions and more prizes if you can hunt me, find me, and kill me throughout the month of December. Maybe we'll even get Matt to join me for a few! I'll announce those events on the MWO TWITTER as well as my personal Twitter account HERE.

Just you and Matt coming to the battlefield won't result in enough interesting Match setups, albeit that it will be appreciated that you two did show up. Go around the office, grab the others (you know... Russ, Paul, Chris... those three in particular would DEFINITELY cause people to get onto the battlefields, because people would certainly want to shoot them) and anyone else (starting to think of a small list of others here) that you can find, and strap them all in Mechs for a bunch of Matches with better variety. If there aren't enough of PGI Staff out there and present on the battlefields, the whole Dev Kill Hunt will fall over on its' face hard. :huh:

By the way, can you get Dave Forsey to check on the Academy Bug Reports board? I'm thinking that he's going to want to be aware of an outstanding Bug with the Academy area. :o

~D. V. "finally getting to chime in again after a big delay about things happening with MWO in the future" Devnull

#8 Pz_DC

• Staff Sergeant
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 08 December 2020 - 01:37 PM

It will be VERY nice to see in-game anouncements for "kill a dev" event, like it's with upcoming patches.

#9 Tenchuu

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 25 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 08 December 2020 - 02:56 PM

View PostLockheed_, on 08 December 2020 - 09:53 AM, said:

If you are talking about the dropship deals (pick 4 Heros of your choice), that has nothing to do with updates/changes to the game. it's just a seasonal sale that they put up a few times a year.

Thanks for the heads up on that. I hadn't seen them as choose 4 for a low amount each before as a bundle, more as sets of different variants or a couple of heroes for a higher price, but I haven't been reengaged for the whole year.

#10 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 10 December 2020 - 02:25 AM

These updates stopped being received with great enthusiasm fairly quickly then...

#11 Z Paradox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 102 posts
  • Locationozz

Posted 10 December 2020 - 07:30 AM

View PostBowelhacker, on 10 December 2020 - 02:25 AM, said:

These updates stopped being received with great enthusiasm fairly quickly then...

Considering lack of feedback from PGI it is expected.

who likes talking to a wall?

#12 Agent Super Chicken

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • 70 posts

Posted 07 January 2021 - 09:12 AM

So how are the weekly updates going?

#13 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 07 January 2021 - 08:43 PM

If anything there's TOO much information...

#14 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 08 January 2021 - 01:02 AM

View PostAgent Super Chicken, on 07 January 2021 - 09:12 AM, said:

So how are the weekly updates going?

Posted Image

#15 AnAnachronismAlive

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 417 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 07:51 AM

Annieone up for a "KnockKnock-Joke-Chain" to shorten the time until the next update hits? Ye can do better than me for sure!
  • *KnockKnock*
  • Who's there?
  • Annie!
  • Annie who?
  • Annie infos 'bout upcoming changes!?

Edited by AnAnachronismAlive, 11 January 2021 - 07:55 AM.

#16 Belorion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 11 January 2021 - 09:54 AM

I thought these were supposed to be every Monday. Seems they have missed a few.

#17 selfish shellfish

• PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 10:06 AM

*KnockKnock*
Who's there?
Annie!
Annie who?
Annie Lennox!
Sweet dreams are made of this. Who am I to disagree?

Edited by selfish shellfish, 11 January 2021 - 11:04 AM.

#18 Nearly Dead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 274 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 11:48 AM

I expect that the reality of the buyout is hitting home and no one wants to make statements that might turn out to be not supportable.

#19 3RoyalStar1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 121 posts

Posted 11 January 2021 - 03:07 PM

Yeah where are the updates

#20 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts