Russ Bought Cp2077 Lol

34 replies to this topic

#1 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 15 December 2020 - 07:28 PM

https://youtu.be/NfwnQSDas1A?t=614

It's quite funny thinking of CP2077 and the prospect of an 19-inch magnum dong, but that really spoke something different to me about release dates.

Consider CP2077, I mean yeah it's a monster of a game that people had been waiting for ages, and in just days after release it had recouped the development cost. But that is exactly it, it didn't have to rely on the "storefront" of epic, nor "release day exposure", it garnered interest for years and it paid off.

MW5 isn't CP2077 obviously, not the same genre, and more apparently, leagues behind the quality of production. But more importantly, it's not a competition, MW5 and CP2077 has their own audiences. Come Spring 2021, I don't think the MW5 Steam and GoG would have any better sales than if it released Dec 10 competing with CP2077, MW5 just didn't garnered enough interest.

But come to the "Storefront" and "release day" argument -- I don't get this, I really don't. I don't go to Steam's store and just browse on the games, rather I search for the games specifically that garnered my interest. I see the marketings, the Lets-Plays of the game. When Russ said that MW5 delay is a "good call", I just don't get it, I don't agree with it.

The console, though affects the revenue, I don't think it's relevant at all. Why would you need to delay the PC Release when Console is of different hardware? What makes the PC Release dependent on console or vise-versa? What, were they relying on people just buying the game for the lulz without it being seen for the **** of a game it is?

That's just a thought.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 15 December 2020 - 07:34 PM.

#2 RickySpanish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:23 PM

Most people don't have $80 to drop on a game, certainly not even more after that for a second game.

Yeah dedicated fans would buy both, remind me how many of those are left though?

Since CP2077 released, it is the only game I have played. I'm even dropping a grand to bring my PC out of the stoneage to play it on high settings.

First week sales are live or die for computer games.

Would you risk dropping your big hail mary if there was any overt hint of failure? Keep in mind that had it bombed, that'd put the livelihoods of everyone at PGI at risk.

Plus, there's all this publisher buyout / console release / time for marketing hype which ought to pay off now.

#3 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 15 December 2020 - 08:41 PM

View PostRickySpanish, on 15 December 2020 - 08:23 PM, said:

Most people don't have $80 to drop on a game, certainly not even more after that for a second game.

But what is stopping them from simply buying either of the game later? That's still Revenue in the long run, and it keeps both people happy.

First week sales are live or die for computer games.

Would you risk dropping your big hail mary if there was any overt hint of failure? Keep in mind that had it bombed, that'd put the livelihoods of everyone at PGI at risk.

As far as I'm concerned, MW5 already released in EGS a year before, and few months after in XBox GP and Microsoft Store.

Still no interest then? That's PGI's fault.

Since CP2077 released, it is the only game I have played. I'm even dropping a grand to bring my PC out of the stoneage to play it on high settings.

So isn't that like CP2077 is 1040$ of a game for you? Well, not that I'm pointing out that 80$ contradiction if there is any, but beyond that. I just realize that MW5 is probably not good enough to warrant said PC upgrade.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 15 December 2020 - 08:55 PM.

#4 OmniFail

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 438 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 09:04 PM

Sweet CP2077 is sweet on my M17 r2.

That makes it a $2226 game for me. That being said I am also playing a lot of games I couldn't really appreciate before too and I had my old machine almost as long as CP2077 was in production and it just couldn't be upgraded anymore.

#5 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,488 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 15 December 2020 - 10:32 PM

There's nothing wrong with buying/playing other online games;
it's an avenue to get new ideas and see what your competitors are doing...

Here's to hoping that MWO senior staffers can bring their own ideas/proposals to the table to further improve MWO,
rather than moaning about monetisation.

We are willing to pay for further MWO new improvements!

#6 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,137 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 15 December 2020 - 11:00 PM

So Cyberpunk is an excellent game.. I bought and don't regret it at all.

#7 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 12:15 AM

View PostNo1Curr, on 15 December 2020 - 10:35 PM, said:

Well he sure as hell isn't gonna play MW5M. Who would?

Not until after a significant sale after when it released.

That being said, with all that was argued for the Epic Deal and the delay right now, I just don't see the point especially when it seems to be irrelevant to many games.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 16 December 2020 - 01:47 AM.

#8 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 16 December 2020 - 04:49 AM

View PostNo1Curr, on 15 December 2020 - 10:35 PM, said:

Well he sure as hell isn't gonna play MW5M. Who would?

He wasn't looking forward to the release of MW5, he was more excited for CyberPunk...

https://youtu.be/NfwnQSDas1A?t=605

Wikipedia said:

MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries is a BattleTech mecha game developed by Piranha Games and released on December 10, 2019

Imagine being at the MW5 launch party:

"Well Russ, it's been a long road but today's the day. You excited?"
"Not really, I'd rather have CyberPunk"
Oof!

#9 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 04:58 AM

Friendly warning. Make sure this does not devolve into staff harassment.

#10 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 16 December 2020 - 05:08 AM

View PostEkson Valdez, on 16 December 2020 - 04:58 AM, said:

[mod]Friendly warning. Make sure this does not devolve into staff harassment.[/mod]

Sorry, it just irks me.

I am excited for MW5, and was super excited when he announced it for GoG as it's my preferred platform, then it got pushed back a year, which sucked, but I can understand the reasoning. Now it's being pushed back again because of CyperPunk/Console release.

I've been itching to give MW5 a shot for the last 2-3 years and when the guy responsible says the only game he's been excited for in the last 2-3 years is CyberPunk it's a bit of kick. I can't help but feel that maybe he pushed the release back just so he could play CyberPunk uninterrupted rather than deal with the bureaucracy of releasing MW5 for those of if who do want to play it...

Edited by VonBruinwald, 16 December 2020 - 05:09 AM.

#11 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 06:37 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 15 December 2020 - 07:28 PM, said:

https://youtu.be/NfwnQSDas1A?t=614

It's quite funny thinking of CP2077 and the prospect of an 19-inch magnum dong, but that really spoke something different to me about release dates.

Consider CP2077, I mean yeah it's a monster of a game that people had been waiting for ages, and in just days after release it had recouped the development cost. But that is exactly it, it didn't have to rely on the "storefront" of epic, nor "release day exposure", it garnered interest for years and it paid off.

MW5 isn't CP2077 obviously, not the same genre, and more apparently, leagues behind the quality of production. But more importantly, it's not a competition, MW5 and CP2077 has their own audiences. Come Spring 2021, I don't think the MW5 Steam and GoG would have any better sales than if it released Dec 10 competing with CP2077, MW5 just didn't garnered enough interest.

But come to the "Storefront" and "release day" argument -- I don't get this, I really don't. I don't go to Steam's store and just browse on the games, rather I search for the games specifically that garnered my interest. I see the marketings, the Lets-Plays of the game. When Russ said that MW5 delay is a "good call", I just don't get it, I don't agree with it.

The console, though affects the revenue, I don't think it's relevant at all. Why would you need to delay the PC Release when Console is of different hardware? What makes the PC Release dependent on console or vise-versa? What, were they relying on people just buying the game for the lulz without it being seen for the **** of a game it is?

That's just a thought.

I am playing on PC and yea there are bugs but not that many over all the game is playing well for me. I think the last gen hardware just struggles to run this game.

#12 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 06:38 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 16 December 2020 - 04:49 AM, said:

He wasn't looking forward to the release of MW5, he was more excited for CyberPunk...

https://youtu.be/NfwnQSDas1A?t=605

Imagine being at the MW5 launch party:

"Well Russ, it's been a long road but today's the day. You excited?"
"Not really, I'd rather have CyberPunk"
Oof!

The guy obviously could play the game till he's sick of it, he is basically the leader of the team who made it, most likely even played Heroes DLC even before us, even before the paid shills, and got sick of it. Yeah, it's quite sad how he's looking forward on someone else's product than his own. What does that tell us about his own product then?

Face it, it doesn't look like he cares about the fanbase more than their ability to shower them with money. Even HBS put out more games in a year than PGI did.

#13 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 06:44 AM

View PostSirSmokes, on 16 December 2020 - 06:37 AM, said:

I am playing on PC and yea there are bugs but not that many over all the game is playing well for me. I think the last gen hardware just struggles to run this game.

I honestly don't care about consoles at all. My last console was PS2.

So far, the only reason why I would care about consoles is when they are console exclusive. Exclusivity hitting close to home, especially when it's nothing but distribution platform than an actual set of hardware, that's why the Epic Deal irks me, and what offends me about it is that they didn't even honor the original Steam Keys they pitched in, and just shafts everyone who basically helped the devs to have a product worthy enough of being offered exclusivity with -- opportunistic Epic unfairly not taking the risk of developing a game with their own money.

Again as to the consoles, the simultaneous release with consoles is rather ******** really, it's delayed because of that? It's delayed because it can't compete with CP2077? No, CP2077 is obviously just a scapegoat, when their product is nowhere finished by Dec 10, that is apparent by their previous updates.

Dude, I had money allotted to MW5 for the entire year, and I just bought BL3 instead because it's on sale. I would have bought CP2077 but it's actually pretty expensive. xD

Edited by The6thMessenger, 16 December 2020 - 06:45 AM.

#14 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 06:51 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 16 December 2020 - 06:44 AM, said:

I honestly don't care about consoles at all. My last console was PS2.

So far, the only reason why I would care about consoles is when they are console exclusive. Exclusivity hitting close to home, especially when it's nothing but distribution platform than an actual set of hardware, that's why the Epic Deal irks me, and what offends me about it is that they didn't even honor the original Steam Keys they pitched in, and just shafts everyone who basically helped the devs to have a product worthy enough of being offered exclusivity with -- opportunistic Epic unfairly not taking the risk of developing a game with their own money.

Again as to the consoles, the simultaneous release with consoles is rather ******** really, it's delayed because of that? It's delayed because it can't compete with CP2077? No, CP2077 is obviously just a scapegoat, when their product is nowhere finished by Dec 10, that is apparent by their previous updates.

Dude, I had money allotted to MW5 for the entire year, and I just bought BL3 instead because it's on sale. I would have bought CP2077 but it's actually pretty expensive. xD

Only consoled I have is not really a consoled it is a switch lite it's a great little handheld and its great for when your out and about and have to wait around. But I will play anything as long as there are good games. I want to play Demons Souls remaster but I'm not buying a PS5 for one game

Edited by SirSmokes, 16 December 2020 - 06:59 AM.

#15 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 07:05 AM

View PostSirSmokes, on 16 December 2020 - 06:51 AM, said:

Only consoled I have is not really a consoled is a switch lite it's a great little handheld and its great for when your out and about and have to wait around. But I will play anything as long as there are good games. I want to play Demons Souls remaster but not buying a PS5 for one game

Got me the blue-one Predator Helios 300 with 9th-Gen i5 and Ti-1660, it's a lappy that I could take anywhere but couldn't because I fear something bad will happen. Surprisingly within recommended specs of CP2077. Waited 5 year for this bad boy that could play good games, yet the game is expensive lol. At least I can play the games I already have better.

I might pick up CP2077 later if it drop to like 67% like BL3 did -- other than that, no dice. I promised myself to buy MW5 full price with the DLC this Dec 10, shame didn't turn out like that. AAA games were dropping down lately, even Doom Eternal was at a sale just a month after release. Maybe CP2077 would too, eventually.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 16 December 2020 - 07:05 AM.

#16 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 07:21 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 16 December 2020 - 07:05 AM, said:

Got me the blue-one Predator Helios 300 with 9th-Gen i5 and Ti-1660, it's a lappy that I could take anywhere but couldn't because I fear something bad will happen. Surprisingly within recommended specs of CP2077. Waited 5 year for this bad boy that could play good games, yet the game is expensive lol. At least I can play the games I already have better.

I might pick up CP2077 later if it drop to like 67% like BL3 did -- other than that, no dice. I promised myself to buy MW5 full price with the DLC this Dec 10, shame didn't turn out like that. AAA games were dropping down lately, even Doom Eternal was at a sale just a month after release. Maybe CP2077 would too, eventually.

Can't play laptop standing up hell you can make Switch Lite hanging upside down Laptop still has to be played like a PC sitting there not really that portable. Not a fan of laptops. Can't really compare a Switch lite to a laptop

Edited by SirSmokes, 16 December 2020 - 07:23 AM.

#17 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 07:24 AM

View PostSirSmokes, on 16 December 2020 - 07:21 AM, said:

Can't play laptop standing up hell you can make Switch Lite hanging upside down Laptop still has to be played like a PC sitting there not really that portable. Not a fan of laptops. Can't really compare a Switch lite to a laptop

Yeah, PC is master race lol. :P

#18 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 07:27 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 16 December 2020 - 07:24 AM, said:

Yeah, PC is master race lol. Posted Image

See that's why I wouldn't waste my money on a laptop. Much rather spend that money on my desktop PC. Right now I am eye a new high capacity SSD for my rig. All ready have one to run my windows install but I want a bigger one for game installs. Also one best upgrades people don't have. Once you run Windows off SSD you will NEVER want to go back to running it off old magnetic hard drives

Edited by SirSmokes, 16 December 2020 - 07:38 AM.

#19 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 08:05 AM

View PostSirSmokes, on 16 December 2020 - 07:27 AM, said:

See that's why I wouldn't waste my money on a laptop. Much rather spend that money on my desktop PC. Right now I am eye a new high capacity SSD for my rig. All ready have one to run my windows install but I want a bigger one for game installs. Also one best upgrades people don't have. Once you run Windows off SSD you will NEVER want to go back to running it off old magnetic hard drives

Dafuq are you talking about? My laptop came with 256 GB SSD main drive with a second 1TB platter hard drive, and with 16 GB RAM.

#20 The pessimistic optimist

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,377 posts

Posted 16 December 2020 - 09:29 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 16 December 2020 - 08:05 AM, said:

Dafuq are you talking about? My laptop came with 256 GB SSD main drive with a second 1TB platter hard drive, and with 16 GB RAM.

I was just talking about I like desktops over laptops that's just me. Don't get me wrong I know were are great gaming laptops just not my bag

Edited by SirSmokes, 16 December 2020 - 09:30 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users