Analyzing Match. Cheats? Or Sh*tty Netcode?

Gameplay General Balance

61 replies to this topic

#41 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 December 2020 - 04:18 PM

View Postw0qj, on 19 December 2020 - 11:05 PM, said:

Sounds like Asia-based players are at a (ping) disadvantage then Posted Image

As an Aussie its always been like that. for years now Asians and Aussies have to deal with losing in the ping times against US and EU..

Personally gave up on EU servers as its 350-400ms one way per match.

Even the horrible Oceanic server was put in perth so i get 80-150ms to that, which was silly as 90% of customers are east coast Aus.

Edited by Samial, 24 December 2020 - 04:19 PM.

#42 L U C A MCMLXXVI

• PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 December 2020 - 11:11 PM

[color=#202124]I don't think it's just a latency issue. In solaris some players do absurd things ... they shoot you with a gauss at 500 meters while you are moving and hit you in the head ... weird ... some players don't feel the heat ... etc[/color]
[color=#202124]I don't think it's just a latency issue. In solaris some players do absurd things ... they shoot you with a gauss at 500 meters while you are moving and hit you in the head ... weird ... some players don't feel the heat ... etc[/color]

#43 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 01:28 AM

ive seen wierd stuff in solaris. one time i got too close to a wall on steiner colosseum in a light mech and shot up it like a rocket. i think that was a map glitch though.

some players are capable of head shotting moving targets. its a lot easier to do in solaris than a full match. you can tank long enough to take good aim and one hit the cockpit. a quad ac10 anihilator is my preferred mech to do this. some do it with hgauss. solaris is a bad place to be stripping head armor.

Edited by LordNothing, 25 December 2020 - 01:30 AM.

#44 ANDR123

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 02:04 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 25 December 2020 - 01:28 AM, said:

ive seen wierd stuff in solaris. one time i got too close to a wall on steiner colosseum in a light mech and shot up it like a rocket. i think that was a map glitch though.

some players are capable of head shotting moving targets. its a lot easier to do in solaris than a full match. you can tank long enough to take good aim and one hit the cockpit. a quad ac10 anihilator is my preferred mech to do this. some do it with hgauss. solaris is a bad place to be stripping head armor.

it's a clear cheat. it's the same cheat used by some players...

#45 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 02:17 AM

Record evidence and report to support if you really think someone used a cheat.

Ever since that one CryEngine cheat tool got taken out, almost all hackusations in MWO have been false. Even back then, cheaters were very very rare. Some players are just good at aiming.

Step one: Set your mouse sensitivity to 0.1. Its like magic.

Edited by Gagis, 25 December 2020 - 02:19 AM.

#46 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,772 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 03:29 AM

View PostANDR123, on 25 December 2020 - 02:04 AM, said:

it's a clear cheat. it's the same cheat used by some players...

just because its hard to do doesn't mean its impossible. it can even be accidental or you are up against a practitioner of the age old notion of aim small miss small. even i sometimes get headshots and im a potato.

here is what you do. if you get headshotted suspiciously, look up the player on jarls list and if they look like a potato player, they are probably cheating (or lucky). however if you look them up and find out they are the elite of the elite, then you might be the potato.

Edited by LordNothing, 25 December 2020 - 03:31 AM.

#47 L U C A MCMLXXVI

• PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 04:41 AM

everything is possible ... I have been playing for many years and I have the experience to understand if something strange happens ... try to look at the heat with the same mech and skill ... some shoot lasers in alpha strike non-stop .. .i after two hits I go into overheat ... why?

#48 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 05:28 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 24 December 2020 - 02:52 PM, said:

its amazing how much you can do with just a timestamp.

the beauty of it all is you dont really have to resend anything. its mostly in the format 'this is the state at this time', then if something is missing, you can fill in the gap with interpolated data. the tick rate is such that you probably wouldn't have noticed.

you are also using udp. tcp requires ack/nak returns to be considered complete so double your latency. and if you get a nak you have to do the whole thing over again. you might also receive your packets out of order as a result. you can get that with udp too, but its usually due to some packets taking a different route. so a format that lets you receive them out of order or lose them completely is desirable.

Game uses udp for the gaming part
No ack and no resending by the protocol udp
Lost packets are lost forever unless resend by the application in this case MWO

#49 Gagis

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 06:57 AM

View PostL U C A MCMLXXVI, on 25 December 2020 - 04:41 AM, said:

everything is possible ... I have been playing for many years and I have the experience to understand if something strange happens ... try to look at the heat with the same mech and skill ... some shoot lasers in alpha strike non-stop .. .i after two hits I go into overheat ... why?

Cool Shots.

There is no way to cheat the MWO servers into thinking you have less heat than you do. No player has access to PGI's servers, no matter what you do to your local game installation.

Edited by Gagis, 25 December 2020 - 06:58 AM.

#50 ANDR123

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 09:54 AM

View PostGagis, on 25 December 2020 - 06:57 AM, said:

Cool Shots.

There is no way to cheat the MWO servers into thinking you have less heat than you do. No player has access to PGI's servers, no matter what you do to your local game installation.

in solaris you couldn't use the cool shot. by the way I'm not talking about heat cheat. the aim cheating in the video was pretty clear. not seeing it means lack of experience or bad faith

#51 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 25 December 2020 - 11:39 AM

View PostANDR123, on 25 December 2020 - 09:54 AM, said:

in solaris you couldn't use the cool shot. by the way I'm not talking about heat cheat. the aim cheating in the video was pretty clear. not seeing it means lack of experience or bad faith

In the OP video? Like others have said, that can be explained by ping and hsr. Thats why if you spec someone shooting, where it looks like where they shot and where the target takes damage don't always line up. Its also why you can duck behind cover and then get hit. Since if you and the shooter have a combined ping of like 350 then where you are and where he sees you just isn't the same. And hsr goes by what the shooter sees.

Go grab a couple of people who are far from each other (like other side of the world far), load up a private match, set it up as 1v1 with a spectator, have everyone record. Then compare the videos and see how well they line up.

Edited by dario03, 25 December 2020 - 04:29 PM.

#52 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 05:31 AM

Here's some desync from earlier today

My mechs down and I can still shoot my weapons

when I switch to chain fire I explode lol

Its probably why my mechs down

smh

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 26 December 2020 - 05:32 AM.

#53 ANDR123

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 08:24 AM

View Postarabidhamster, on 26 December 2020 - 06:58 AM, said:

must have been hacks.

HSR is a myth. Just like vaccines andcovid-19. It doesn't exist and the only people who can hit light mechs are autoCAD.exe addicts.

Now please come back to Solaris so that I may pad my record with more easy wins. My e-peen needs more stoking.

I don't understand why you get angry. the video for me speaks for itself. there will be someone able to understand if it is cheating or not. if you are clean what are you worried about?

#54 L U C A MCMLXXVI

• PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 08:36 AM

By the way the covid 19 vax actually does exhist.. we only need to see weather is working or not...

#55 L U C A MCMLXXVI

• PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 09:22 AM

Oh man you got us... we are not native English, see it s easy to say truth :)

#56 ANDR123

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 09:22 AM

View Postarabidhamster, on 26 December 2020 - 08:58 AM, said:

oh man you got me. That video clearly shows me hacking and it totally wasn't just ping difference and HSR (which is a lie and a government conspiracy BTW so clearly it was just hacks).

I know you and LUCA are not native English speakers so I'm going to assign you some homework;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarcasm

sarcasm is generally related to insecurity. I'm talking about sarcasm, not irony.

#57 L U C A MCMLXXVI

• PipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 31 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 09:23 AM

We appreciate your help on the English side, but get mine on the covid vax since i m a doctor

#58 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 11:29 AM

View PostL U C A MCMLXXVI, on 26 December 2020 - 08:36 AM, said:

By the way the covid 19 vax actually does exhist.. we only need to see weather is working or not...

Its like Match maker it exists

But doesn't really work in a soup queue

Don't think a match maker has ever existed for that

#59 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 26 December 2020 - 02:00 PM

I don't think causing threads like this is enough motivation for anyone to cheat in MWO, much less Solaris- a mode virtually no one cares about whatsoever.

Cheating has never been a big issue in MWO, most "cheating" is actually ping issues, poor optimization, or just players not understanding how to play and how they died. Think about it for a minute, what value is there in bothering to cheat in a game this old, in non-comp queues, with no money on the line, no reputation on the line, and no one watching? If you hadn't posted this, no one would even know that hamster was even a decent shot with an AC/20, and that you have bad ping and a lack of MWO understanding.

Sometimes there's actual hacking/cheating in games. In extremely rare cases, even in MWO. Most of the time you think it is however, it isn't, and the attitude of assuming anything you don't understand, anything beyond your skill level must be cheating isn't going to help you much in games or life.

#60 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 26 December 2020 - 04:45 PM

So PGI still checks on cheaters?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users