8 replies to this topic

#1 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 27 December 2020 - 04:38 AM

I just finished the event and I feel like Hit and Run was the most annoying one, not because it was hard to get (once I figured it out, I could get 3-4 per match), but rather it required me in a Medium Mech to sit and do nothing for the better part of like 8 seconds?

I normally go back out to shoot again once weapons are on CD to help the team, but just to get the event over with, for a couple of games I just sat there behind a wall while my team was fighting until the 'hit and run' reward popped up.

If I kept playing like I normally did I'd take forever to get it because I rarely sit behind a wall after shooting if I can pop back out to shoot again 3-4 seconds later.

Edited by Elizander, 27 December 2020 - 04:40 AM.

#2 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 05:23 AM

hit and run is easy, just use a high alpha vomit build in peak'n'poke mode. just remember to stay in cover until you get your point, if you take too much damage during the poke, you might not get one. try to poke isolated mechs if at all possible. you just need one good solid burn inside optimal.

Edited by LordNothing, 27 December 2020 - 05:25 AM.

#3 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 05:48 AM

That long reward cooldown is a nonsense and it actually punishes the active player.

Whenever you are behind an enemy 'Mech, you intent always should be to do as much damage as you can to its vulnerable parts - not fire once and then hide, so the enemy can turn around to face you with his weapons and with his fresh front armor.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 06:24 AM

View Postmartian, on 27 December 2020 - 05:48 AM, said:

That long reward cooldown is a nonsense and it actually punishes the active player.

Whenever you are behind an enemy 'Mech, you intent always should be to do as much damage as you can to its vulnerable parts - not fire once and then hide, so the enemy can turn around to face you with his weapons and with his fresh front armor.

peak'n'poke is an active strategy, you just spend a lot of time waiting for your heat to drop back down enough to do it again. those mechs also don't do very good if you press them or in a brawl. keep in mind if done right you should be putting north of 60 damage into it and repeating as often as possible.

Edited by LordNothing, 27 December 2020 - 06:47 AM.

#5 Trucker Wifey

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 08:04 AM

I used a PIR-3, or A (Lots of AMS for the AMS challenge, and cheap). Run around like a chicken with my head cut of, shot at mechs and run away! Get 3 to 5 per round on this method. Sometimes, I wouldn't get any under this method.... ? Not a clue, not a clue at all! lol...

#6 Bede19002

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 09:29 AM

How do you get hit and run please?

#7 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 09:49 AM

View PostBede19002, on 27 December 2020 - 09:29 AM, said:

Hit and Run:
  • A hit and run “Score” is generated based off an engagement.
  • Every point of damage dealt counts for 1 point of score.
  • Every point of damage taken counts for -2 points of score.
  • If score is greater than 10, you are awarded with a hit and run award.
  • If the total damage taken during the engagement is greater than 15 the score is zeroed and no award is given.

The reward is 15 XP and 2000 C-Bills.

Essentially, you must hit the enemy 'Mech and do at least 10 damage, while ideally taking no damage in return. Then you wait about 6 seconds to get the "Hit and Run" reward. Note that those 6 seconds count since the moment you hit the enemy 'Mech, so if you hit him during those seconds again, the countdown starts anew.

Edited by martian, 27 December 2020 - 10:44 AM.

#8 Bede19002

• PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 27 December 2020 - 09:57 AM

Thanks

#9 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 27 December 2020 - 10:51 AM

View PostBede19002, on 27 December 2020 - 09:29 AM, said:

In simple terms, pop out of cover, shoot someone in the face, then hide right away and sit still, twiddle your thumbs and wait for the 'hit and run' reward to appear. It won't appear if you remain engaged in combat.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users