50 replies to this topic

#21 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 01 January 2021 - 06:37 AM

View PostFallGuy0815, on 31 December 2020 - 07:03 PM, said:

/edit: answers for the individual mechs inline in the quote, sorry for not marking them

na, it's fine, I know what I wrote and thanks a lot for your answers. MCs are limited (I really should've used the 2-for-1 MC deal instead), so I can't buy many, even on a sale.

View PostFallGuy0815, on 31 December 2020 - 07:03 PM, said:

If you do not own them already: Cyclops Sleipnir, Quickdraw IV-4 and Wolfhound Grinner are among of the best bang for the buck. Besides the Deathstrike, i think the Pakhet is the one clan hero to get.
Your mileage may vary though, just my 2c

I own all of those. Sleipnir is great, I use it with 4 LBX10. IV-4 is also nice.
My Grinner has Stealth armour currently, kinda difficult to use. And I'd have to refit my Pakhet, I stayed with the set bonus to skill it, more missile hardpoints would be better instead afaik.

View PostInappropriate1066, on 31 December 2020 - 08:08 PM, said:

Thank you I was looking at grimmech and CP-S seems nice cause of the different builds

Yes. One of the really good hero mechs.

#22 KRZZPFFF

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 06:56 AM

Thank you guys! I am looking forward to an exciting 2021 with you :-)

#23 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,349 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 01 January 2021 - 07:10 AM

A warm welcome to MWO!

Your mech choices really depends on what mech class you wish to play.
~Assault? :)
~Heavy?
~Lights?

Less folks play the Medium mechs nowadays.

And what play style would you wish to play?

There are active forum discussions on the merits of different mech classes and which Hero to acquire!
http://mwomercs.com/...eral-discussion

View PostZ e r o T w o, on 31 December 2020 - 06:12 PM, said:

Happy New Year, MechWarriors!

Thank you for closing our year out with another fun sale. I appreciate everyone at PGI for their continued dedication and support in keeping this game alive. I hope next year we can bring up some ideas for events+sales to push out so we can continue to grow the community. I have a good feeling about the direction PGI's taken in listening to community's feedback more.

On a side note, I'm eager for a 50% C-Bill Mechs sale soon!
With all the great previous sales, I have enough Mechbays to store one of each mech, but not enough C-Bills to fill all of the mechbays up LOL Posted Image

#24 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 07:45 AM

I believe that this New Year Event and Sale is already the Blast-Off New Year Event:

http://mwomercs.com/...ears-event-sale

View PostDeadWeight18, on 01 January 2021 - 06:18 AM, said:

Will there be a blast-off new year event?

#25 3RoyalStar1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 08:28 AM

I recommend the twolf warrant
Also should I get the sleipnir?

#26 Swithin

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 09:38 AM

I took some time off MWO but I am very happy to be back. These holiday events have been great! Any chance we'll be getting any more daily events before the end of the sale? I find myself exactly 46 MC shy of a shiny new Tempest and Spirit Bear...

Also, when do the holiday bundles go off sale? The website just says "in January," and I might need more mech pretty soon depending on how the next couple days go. ^_^

Thanks for keeping MWO living and vibrant, I'm looking forward to whatever comes next in 2021!

View Post3RoyalStar1, on 01 January 2021 - 08:28 AM, said:

I recommend the twolf warrant
Also should I get the sleipnir?

You should very much get the Sleipnir, it's amazing. It's considered toward the top end of power levels at the moment, but beyond that it just does what you want it to do, it is a very smooth mech to play. You'll want to skill it up (and I'd recommend a node or two of torso twist speed,) but the only wince-inducing compromise you might have to make is some arm armor for extra ammo unless you're willing to walk sub-50.

#27 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 01 January 2021 - 10:06 AM

Mech bay! NICE!

#28 frumpylumps

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 10:23 AM

TY for drop deck sale. Been waiting for this.

Edited by frumpylumps, 01 January 2021 - 10:24 AM.

#29 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 11:31 AM

A warm welcome back to MWO !

1. You did get all your bonuses (especially MC bonuses) from these two (2) links, right?
http://mwomercs.com/events

Three (3) Tabs for lootbag bonuses (and maybe MC bonuses) here:
http://mwomercs.com/...=202012stocking

2. You can also consider to buy the cheapest tiers of Bundles which is quite reasonable in price, you get:
~1,250 MC
~Premium Time
~Hero/Special mech of course

Like you've said, Bundle Sales "would be taken down in January [2021]", not sure when that would be.
I SWEAR that I've previously read somewhere this would have ended in end-December...

View PostSwithin, on 01 January 2021 - 09:38 AM, said:

I took some time off MWO but I am very happy to be back. These holiday events have been great! Any chance we'll be getting any more daily events before the end of the sale? I find myself exactly 46 MC shy of a shiny new Tempest and Spirit Bear...

Also, when do the holiday bundles go off sale? The website just says "in January," and I might need more mech pretty soon depending on how the next couple days go. Posted Image

Thanks for keeping MWO living and vibrant, I'm looking forward to whatever comes next in 2021!

You should very much get the Sleipnir, it's amazing. It's considered toward the top end of power levels at the moment, but beyond that it just does what you want it to do, it is a very smooth mech to play. You'll want to skill it up (and I'd recommend a node or two of torso twist speed,) but the only wince-inducing compromise you might have to make is some arm armor for extra ammo unless you're willing to walk sub-50.

#30 Swithin

• Pip
  • Philanthropist
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 12:39 PM

View Postw0qj, on 01 January 2021 - 11:31 AM, said:

A warm welcome back to MWO !

Thanks! It's been a blast, I even dragged a couple of my lapsed friends back into it too. MWO has a pretty friendly player-base, and when you drop in the public queue and an impromptu team coalesces over the comms, co-ordinates movement, and calls targets there's really nothing quite so fine. I have a feeling I'll stick around for a bit. ^_^

View Postw0qj, on 01 January 2021 - 11:31 AM, said:

1. You did get all your bonuses (especially MC bonuses) from these two (2) links, right?

Yeah, I got smitten with the game again hard; I think I completed the advent and stocking stuffer events in two or three days. XD I left my account with around 1500 MC and now I'm just north of 6300, so I've made the most of all the MC and c-bills they've given away this season (didn't get to Solaris in time though.) Uncertainty in how to spend it is a good problem to have, the bundle I'm interested in are the mech bays to house all the new toys (I think I forgot the word "bays" in my original post for some reason.) I'm also considering the Shadow Hawk but the rest of the mechs I either have, have other preferred variants, or don't intend to run (despite the nifty holiday designs.)

#31 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 01 January 2021 - 12:48 PM

Would love to see engines and cockpit items on sale, but still, this isn't a bad one. At least I can perhaps pick up one last hero out of the couple I don't have that I wouldn't mind owning.

You guys are really going to have to start making mechs again though, we're really running out of stuff to buy. I have something like 133 bays and 130 mechs, and I barely use a third of those, if that. Same old mechs get stale after years of using them. If you don't put out new content that's worth buying, people like me won't have a reason to spend any money, won't have anything to grind for- and if the gameplay is as bad as it's been, that makes it really hard to want to log in all that much.

Just something to take up the chain Matt, I know you can only do so much and it is what it is.

#32 Worthog AC

Rookie

• Heavy Lifter
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 02:18 PM

Thanks Matt, much appreciated!!!! Especially the 50% drop decks!!!!
Keep up the great work and the weekly events as it keeps the player base interested and playing.

Edited by Worthog AC, 01 January 2021 - 02:20 PM.

#33 3RoyalStar1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 02:28 PM

I need I sleipnir build any suggestions?

#34 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 01 January 2021 - 04:01 PM

View Post3RoyalStar1, on 01 January 2021 - 02:28 PM, said:

I'm using mine with 4x LBX10, something along this one: https://mech.nav-alp.../#6099124e_CP-S
Grimmechs lists some other builds, the 4x UAC/5 one should be interesting, too.

#35 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 January 2021 - 06:40 PM

Not to be rude but where is the event part of the sale?

#36 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 01 January 2021 - 08:30 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 31 December 2020 - 04:04 PM, said:

I can follow this sale with a Mech C-Bill sale- (I am assuming this is what you mean)
If you are a nub tho you should grab some Mech Bays on this sale if you need them!

An equipment CBill sale along with this would be great. Time to stock up on engines

#37 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,349 posts

Posted 02 January 2021 - 04:11 AM

If you also do Faction Play (FP), you might getting two (2) Sleipnir mechs!
One for each meta ballistic config Posted Image
(Now that the Drop Deck sale is on, I'm about to do exactly that myself!)

I also got three (3) mechs for BattleMaster BLR-1G(S), two for Faction Play, and the other one for FP & QP!
Amazing quirks for energy weapons, with some ballastics and some missiles.
+20% Range for Medium Lasers (basically turns them into ER-Medium Lasers, but less heat!)
-5% Medium Laser Heat
~For all other energy weapons +10% Range
+20% PPC velocity
+15% Ballistic Cooldown
+10% Ballistic Range

~Quite agile for 85ton IS Assault, especially when skilled-up for mobility!

Edited by w0qj, 03 January 2021 - 12:29 AM.

#38 CFC Conky

• Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,730 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 02 January 2021 - 10:01 AM

The 'meta' build for the Sleipnir is 4xLB10-X. If you prefer more speed, 3xLB10-X and 3xML or other energy weapons could be an option.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#39 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 03 January 2021 - 06:31 AM

So.. there's no actual event or challenges, only a sale?

#40 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 03 January 2021 - 09:19 AM

I think the reason some people are questioning the "event" part is because there's a split in the playerbase on the need for XP.

For those in higher tiers, if you've been around a while- it can tend to be a major hassle to level up a mech by playing it. You'll have even worse matches than usual, you'll drag your team down, and you get all kinds of nice little comments. I for one tend to mostly level mechs with GSP and GXP now for these reasons.

For a newer player, XP is great, especially if they aren't into spending money yet and/or aren't sure how they want to build out their trees. So for some players, it's just a sale, for others it's an event and sale.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users