#23 Alstren

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 264 posts
  • LocationNext door to PGI's North American server room

Posted 24 May 2021 - 11:05 AM

Direwolf UltraViolet

Quickdraw IV4 (got nerfed but is still good)

Kitfox Purifier

Warhammer BlackWiddow

Hunchback GridIron

#24 Alex Morgaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 01:29 PM

Ultraviolence is fun for pure dakka but too specialized if you get brawler Mechs rushing you. Worth buying to break into the die wolv club.

#25 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,548 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 04:06 PM

One thing to note about purchasing an OmniMech Hero is that while yes, most OmniMech builds can be hung on a C-Bill variant of the same chassis...the inverse is also true, and one can often run any configuration they like on their +30% C-Bills moneymaker chassis. If one is inclined to give Piranha money, buying the Hero for a solidly performing Omni chassis can be a great longer-term investment as your Hero becomes semi-patch proof and able to adapt to changing battlefield conditions/The Meta over time.

Y'know, as opposed to Flame, Dragon Slayer, YLW, Ember, Jester, and all the like, which are all completely and utterly useless now what with The Game Moving On. So many dead, pointless IS Hero 'Mechs...q_q

#26 Carl_Johnson

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2021 - 10:30 PM

For light hero mechs I like, Cinder, Kitfox Purifier, Raven Hughin (quirks for days) and K9.
mediums, High Roller, Hellspawn Paralyzer, Phx-ROC (for the paintjob), and Quarantine that was given out as an event is actually pretty good DPS though chunky. Heavies I only have Rougneck powerhouse and it's good tanky brawler.
These are the only ones I personally know are good in my experience.

Edited by Carl_Johnson, 24 May 2021 - 10:33 PM.

#27 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 24 May 2021 - 11:54 PM

But... But the pirates bane? High octane rapid squirreling?! It's the fastest, squirreliest thing out there!

~Leone

#28 JC Daxion

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 26 May 2021 - 07:24 AM

View PostGagis, on 01 January 2021 - 02:37 PM, said:

Omnimech heroes are usually not recommended since you can do the same things with a mech that does not cost premium currency.

Heroes that include omnipods that cant be duplicated with the c-bill selection are an exception. For example only the Huntsman hero can carry 6 to 8 missile launcers for the SRM splat loadout, and is thus worth recommending.

that is the whole point of buying a hero Omni mech. You can do what ever you want with it, and have your self a great C-bill grinder. Also, every single OMNI hero has a single Omni section that can do things no other cant. AKA the extra ballistic Dire, or a bonus missle, or energy, ECM or what ever. There are tons of reasons to pick up a bunch of the clan Omni heroes. Especially if one of them is it's your favorite mech you play 1k's of matches in. That is 100's of millions of bonus C-bills to buy other crap.

View Post1453 R, on 24 May 2021 - 04:06 PM, said:

Y'know, as opposed to Flame, Dragon Slayer, YLW, Ember, Jester, and all the like, which are all completely and utterly useless now what with The Game Moving On. So many dead, pointless IS Hero 'Mechs...q_q

Sure some Heros are not top teir mechs, but to say the jester is bad is way off. 2 LL's+4ERML's,+2 ams, it's fast and has JJ's. Its a really fun mech to play and has no issues with being a great Laser boat. I also find the YLW can be lots of fun to play and is still deadly by anyone that's a crack shot.

Not top mechs, but certainly very viable even today. Give that YWL a try again since the Agility boost. :)

Edited by JC Daxion, 26 May 2021 - 07:29 AM.

#29 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 May 2021 - 11:01 AM

View Post1453 R, on 24 May 2021 - 04:06 PM, said:

I have never regretted the purchase of my YLW. Fast and hitting like a truck is a great combination.

That said, a Hero that people have overlooked so far: The Butterbee Catapult. Four each of energy and missile hardpoints, jump jets, and about as XL friendly as heavy mech hitboxes get.

The Archer Tempest is also an interesting ride. Lasers and missiles with ECM.

I've seen people get good mileage out of the Blackjack Arrow, but I also can't think of the last time I saw one.

The Phoenix Hawk Roc for some reason has always appealed to me, but I don't think I can recommend it. (But if you change it's colors from white and gold to black and gold it looks bada$$ AF.)

The Osiris Sekhmet is solid, though uninspiring.

The Shadowhawk Grey Death has pretty much the same problem as all of the other Shadowhawks have: they were so good pre-clan that when the quirk system hit PGI under-quirked them a bit (IMO). That said, with 2 energy points per arm they can fight well in close quarters while still carrying a good sized ballistic in that high left shoulder (and maybe even some SRMs, MRMs, or rockets). Plus jump jets are always a nice extra. Like most of the Shadowhawks, while it can do nearly anything well, it isn't going to be great at anything, either.

#30 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,828 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 26 May 2021 - 11:51 AM

In the lower tiers where I play, the Gray Death does ok, not all hero mechs are high-tier meta.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#31 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,880 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 26 May 2021 - 01:22 PM

View PostCFC Conky, on 26 May 2021 - 11:51 AM, said:

In the lower tiers where I play, the Gray Death does ok, not all hero mechs are high-tier meta.

I have a Grey Death, I just hardly ever use it. It's quirked for "single AC/10 plus lots of small stuff" and it works... okay. It works exactly the same as my Centurion D with "single LBX/10 plus lots of small stuff", though the Grey Death is a bit tougher and can jump. Either mech you brawl with.

#32 GamerPro4000

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 348 posts
  • LocationSian

Posted 27 October 2021 - 03:55 AM

Huntsman for extra missile hard points
Viper for extra energy hard points
Ultra Violet for extra ballistic hard points
Kit Fox for extra energy hard points

Edited by GamerPro4000, 27 October 2021 - 10:04 PM.

#33 The6thMessenger

• Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,104 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 27 October 2021 - 04:12 AM

View PostGamerPro4000, on 27 October 2021 - 03:55 AM, said:

Huntsman for extra missile hard points

8x SRM6 is a ******* beast.

Buut I already have that, so I bought a Spirit Bear instead. It's a 100-tonner that goes 64 KPH with MASC, and have legit brawling build: LB20X + 4x SRM6A

#34 w0qj

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,566 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 27 October 2021 - 06:31 AM

+1 Agree Hero OmniMech

May I suggest buying a Night Gyr Jade Kite Hero OmniMech.
It does dakka great (AC2 or UAC2 boat, or UAC10+UAC5, Gauss)
It does mid/long range laser sniper great.
It can also be a missile boat (but others like NCT-B does it better, but it's still great).
It can have JumpJets + ECM.
Not the fastest Clan OmniMech around, but it is flexible enough for you to experiment with what playstyle ballistic/laser/PPC/missile you wish with this Heavy!

This NTG-JK (Jade Kite) would be good for you, for above reasons!
(And NTG-JK has unique 2x ballistic hardpoint Left Torso only available from this mech, almost a must-have LT for NTG ballistic builds).

I like Night Gyr so much that I have multiple +30% CBills mechs of NTG-JK & NTG-H(L).
I'm especially thrilled to receive my NTG-D(CS) in a few weeks time from MWO Comp participation.
The NTG-D(CS) has 1x Energy hardpoint in its CT, which is even better!

View PostJC Daxion, on 26 May 2021 - 07:24 AM, said:

...the whole point of buying a hero Omni mech. You can do what ever you want with it, and have your self a great C-bill grinder. Also, every single OMNI hero has a single Omni section that can do things no other cant. AKA the extra ballistic Dire, or a bonus missle, or energy, ECM or what ever. There are tons of reasons to pick up a bunch of the clan Omni heroes. Especially if one of them is it's your favorite mech you play 1k's of matches in. That is 100's of millions of bonus C-bills to buy other crap. ...

Edited by w0qj, 28 October 2021 - 01:24 AM.

#35 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 27 October 2021 - 08:07 AM

It's not exactly meta, but I've had a lot of fun in the hero Uziel.
Definitely one of the better Uziel variants imo

#36 ThreeStooges

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 505 posts
  • Locationamc reruns and youtube

Posted 27 October 2021 - 09:15 AM

The cheapest one you like if you just want to grind up c-bills. lct-pb is a light mech money maker.

#37 Lightfoot

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 6,610 posts
  • LocationOlympus Mons

Posted 27 October 2021 - 08:02 PM

Pretty Baby of course!

#38 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17,060 posts

Posted 27 October 2021 - 08:24 PM

i just bought a rancor i guess its ok for an erll boat, but i have a feeling the new blood asp will be better.

#39 PocketYoda

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,138 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 28 October 2021 - 12:11 AM

View PostMeep Meep, on 23 May 2021 - 05:39 PM, said:

Urbie K-9

Locust Pirates Bane

Wolfhound Grinner

Cougar Bloodadder

Atlas Kraken

Panther Kitana Kat.

#40 GoodTry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 28 October 2021 - 05:43 AM

I got the JR7-IIC Fury and it's been surprisingly good for a few drops, although maybe I've just been lucky. I'm running 2ERLL + LMG.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users