314 replies to this topic

#21 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 16 January 2021 - 02:45 AM

For a 'mech not already flooded with variants, maybe Vindicator 4L. It adds to other Vindicators:
  • ECM
  • Higher engine cap (5/8/5 mover in tabletop)
  • CT energy hardpoint. Also keeps the head energy hardpoint, and the PPC arm, so you'd get genuinely interesting new options for energy-based loadouts.

#22 Will9761

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,581 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 02:47 AM

Charger - The Charger SA5 is the only variant that has MASC. With its MASC speed and weapons it can rival the Gargoyle in terms of firepower.

Charger CGR-SA5 (MASC Variant)
Weapons and Equipment:
Head - ER Medium Laser
Center Torso - LBX-20 Autocannon
Right Torso - LBX-20 Autocannon, ER Medium Laser
Left Torso - ER Medium Laser, MASC
Right Arm - N/A
Left Arm - 2xStreak SRM6

Engine: 380 LFE = 64 KPH (86.KPH with MASC)
Debuted: 3063
Estimated Hardpoints:

HD - 1E
CT - 1B
RT - 1B, 1E
LT - 1E
RA - N/A
LA - 2M

Hatamoto Chi - the Hatamoto Chi has a Missile, Ballistic, and ECM Jumper Variant, but no Laser Variant. The Hatamoto Hi would be a perfect variant to give the Hatamoto mechs more variety.

Hatamoto-Hi HTM-C (Energy Variant)
Weapons and Equipment:
Head - N/A
Center Torso - N/A
Right Torso - 2xMedium Lasers
Left Torso - 2xMedium Lasers
Right Arm - PPC
Left Arm - PPC

Engine: 320 STD = 64 KPH
Debuted: 3047
Estimated Hardpoints:

HD - N/A
CT - N/A
RT - 2E
LT - 2E
RA - 1E
LA - 1E

Grand Dragon - The Grand Dragon would be a Good mech variant to make. Although it is stated as a different mech, it shares the same tonnage as the original Dragon. Therefore it would cost less resources to create a new mech out of it.

Grand Dragon DRG-7K (MASC)
Weapons and Equipment:
Head - N/A
Center Torso - MRM 10
Right Torso - MASC
Left Torso - N/A
Right Arm - ER PPC
Left Arm - 3x Medium Lasers

Engine: 360 XL = 97 KPH (129.KPH w/MASC)
Debuted: 3063
Estimated Hardpoints:

HD - N/A
CT - 1M
RT - N/A
LT - N/A
RA - 2E
LA - 3E

Gargoyle - The only variant that could give the Gargoyle more variety is the Gargoyle Conal variant based on Conal Ward's personal configuration. It is the only Gargoyle variant that has ECM and it could serve as a better competitor to the Kin Wolf hero mech because of it and offer better flexibility for the mech. As a result, the Conal Variant of the Gargoyle should serve as a Hero Mech for that reason alone.

Gargoyle GAR-Conal (ECM Variant)

Weapons and Equipment:
Head - N/A
Center Torso - ECM, Light Tag
Right Torso - N/A
Left Torso - Streak SRM 6s
Right Arm - 2x ER PPCs
Left Arm - N/A

Engine: 400 XL = 81 KPH
Debuted: 3055
Estimated Hardpoints:

HD - N/A
CT - 1E
RT - N/A
LT - 2M
RA - 4E
LA - N/A

#23 Gagis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,731 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 03:00 AM

SHD-2Hb, the SLDF Royal variant, because there are never enough Shadow Hawks.

Edited by Gagis, 16 January 2021 - 03:00 AM.

#24 K4I 4LL4RD LI4O

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 78 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 03:13 AM

We don't need more variants. We need all or at least most of the existing variants to be playable. We need rescaling, requirking and all in all balancing of all mechs. That is what you need to do.

Variants:
Atlas with a ballistic in each torso we ask for this since the dawn of time.
All in all new Heroes...make up your own variants guys!!!

#25 Spardose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 128 posts
  • Locationcave near the river

Posted 16 January 2021 - 03:25 AM

Clan Mechs:

OMNI:

MLX-E
MLX-F
MLX-H
MLX-H

ADR-E

COU-F

VPR-F
VPR-H
VPR-I

SHC-C

HMN-D
HMN-H

SCR-E

HBR-C
HBR-H

NCT-F

SMN-G
SMN-Q

NTG-E

WHK-D
WHK-F
WHK-H

BAS-E

DWF-X

Battlemechs:

HBK-IIC-3

MAD-IIC-3
MAD-IIC-6

#26 Knight Solaire of Astora

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 03:50 AM

Posted Image this is better then Posted Image

please change the hard points of the dragon back to where it originally was this mech is basically worthless it only has arm weapons so if it loses its arm its a stick and its hardpoints are so low you cant peak vertically. this is one of those mechs that i was super excited to buy then started using it and got immediately sad and sold it matches afterwards. These are the experiences that drive Away new players and veterans away from what could be a great mech.

for the variant DRG-2YDragon] Yorioshi hero or champion variant

Edited by Knight Solaire of Astora, 16 January 2021 - 04:04 AM.

#27 Kaukas

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 144 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 04:11 AM

hi

Annihilator ANH-3A

this variant is with 8 ballistic hardpoints - 2 in each arm and 2 in each side torso.

this variant exist in https://roguetech.ga...om/Mechs/ANH-3A and in https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Annihilator

i personally suggest in mwo it should be equipped with 8 lbx 2 and 8 tons of ammo ,and ams with 1ton ammo , and light engine 250 , in order to be able to equip all that u need to lower leg armor to 49 points each leg but all annihilator variants have +7 each leg base armor quirk so its enough armor on legs and even if enemy targets your legs from close range u have enough firepower to defend yourself .

i suggest this variant because dirty claners have few mechs with more then 6 balistic hardpoints ( piranha and direwolf ) and glorious inner sfere have only 6 ballistic hardpoint mechs max.

so this annihilator variant would be very special and definatly popular. and it would be the only mech that can use 8 lbx 2 wepons but also u can use other weapon variants like 8 mashine guns for close range brawl or anything else that your imagination allows so its very unique and at same time very universal mech for all kind of battles( close or long range ).

u can build this ANH - 3A variant on top of ANH -2A variant , i give example in smurfymechlab : its has free12 tons left and 11 free slots left to add 2 lbx2 into arms

https://mwo.smurfy-n...7e059df7437840e

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2 balistic hardpoibnts in each arm and 1 energy in each arm
2 balistic in each side torso and 1 energy in each side torso
1 misile hardpoint in right arm ( optional ,mabe dont need misile hardpoint at all if its dificult to make )
1 ams in right side torso like ANH -2A

quirks probably should be same like on other anihilator variant , mabe add some balistic velocity or balistic range or couldown if u can , but mabe dont need quirks at all if u think 8 balistic hardpoints are already too powerfull for mech.

from this page u can see ANH -3A variat wepons hardpoints : https://roguetech.ga...om/Mechs/ANH-3A

good luck all, hope innersfere gona get its 'CRITZILLA"

#28 Brithus

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 04:13 AM

Note: Every Variant Suggested is Cannon. I would add stock equipment but I fear this post is already a novel. Most of the hardpoint suggestions are made in a way to compete with other variants of the same chassis as i don't want to suggest a variant that would completely invalidate the others.

It would be nice to see a couple of the Grand Dragon variants added, currently all of the Dragon variants are borderline the same mech. It could really use some more variety. I know technically this is considered to be a separate mech from the Dragon, however it uses the same model, still uses DRG, and just has different hard points. I don't see any reason these couldn't just be made variants for the normal Dragon. On the flipside, if it was felt a new entry was necessary separate from the normal Dragon it still uses the same model and the 1G could be added as a bonus so there would be the minimum 3 variants.

Grand Dragons suggested hardpoints:

All Variants retain the Right Torso AMS hardpoint.

DRG-5K:: 2E Right Arm / 1E Right Torso / 1M Center Torso / 1E Left Torso / 2E Left Arm

(This would be the first Dragon to have energy in both side torsos as well as a non-hero variant with an energy RA.)

DRG-7K:: 3E Right Arm / MASC Right Torso / 2M Center Torso / 3E Left Arm

(The Dragon is a light and fast heavy mech so it would be nice to see a variant with MASC to really push the speed capabilities. Considering this loses the side torso Energy hardpoints, AMS could be added to both side torsos as an additional reason to pick this variant over the 5K. Dual AMS is currently something the Dragon is lacking, but I believe would fit on it nicely.)

DRG-1G:: 2E Right Arm / 1E Right Torso / 2M Center Torso / 1E Left Torso / 1E Left Arm

(I don't really think this variant is necessary if the Grand Dragon variants are just added to the normal Dragon category, if a new Mech entry is created however it will fit in. Really the main pro to adding this is it's the only variant to come stock with a STD engine which would make it more obtainable for newer players.)

Other Variants:

Centurion CN9-D3D:: 1B Right Arm / 3E 1AMS Right Torso / 2M 1AMS Left Torso / MASC Left Arm

(Both the first CN9 to have MASC and the first to have Right Torso Energy hardpoints. Allows for some interesting new build possibilities. Since the CN9 is kind of like a "tank" medium mech I also feel dual AMS would be a nice inclusion to increase durability and provide team support. MASC is mounted in the left arm canonically, however a new player may leave it there which is bad so it may be worth moving it into the Right or Left Torso on the stock build.)

Atlas AS7-Dr:: 2E Right Arm / 2E ECM Right Torso / 2E Center Torso / 2M Left Torso / 2E 1 AMS Left Arm

(The first Atlas to not have any ballistic, also another ECM option for it. Adds entirely new energy boat based build options for the Atlas. Would be very cool to see heavy PPCs mounted on the torso. Technically this variant is at the beginning of Jihad but I don't really see any reason it can't be added now as it contains current tech.)

Commando COM-7B:: 2M Center Torso / 3E Left Arm

(Another mech technically in the Jihad, however it lacks new tech. This would be the first Commando able to mount jump jets as it has 2 jump jets in each of it's legs stock. I love the Commando but I've always pined for the ability to jump with it. This would add a new way to scout with the Commando.)

Firestarter FS9-P:: 2E Right Arm / 2E 1M 1AMS Right Torso / 2E 1M Left Torso / 2E Left Arm

(I promise this one is in the timeline this time. Would be the first FS9 to have Missile hardpoints which would add a new way to utilize the FS9. Hopefully this would encourage players to look back at using the FS9 again due to the potencey of missile weapons.)

Firestarter FS9-S1

(No hardpoints listed this time because it's the same as the S however it replaces the Beagle with an ECM. This would be the first FS9 to have ECM which would add a new way to support the team with the mech. I do fear this would just be viewed as the S but better so it may be worth not adding the 2nd AMS hardpoint to the left torso and leaving it with the 1AMS in the right torso like the other FS9s.)

Vindicator VND-4L:: 1E Right Arm / 1AMS Right Torso / 2E Center Torso / 1E Head / 1M Left Torso

(First Vindicator to have both an ECM and Center Torso Energy. Uncertain if the CT or the RA should have 2E as the stock build only has one energy weapon in each. There is also the possibility of giving it 3E total and 2M in the Left Torso however I would fear that may invalidate the SIB to some degree. Another Possiblity is giving it 3E total and 1M total which would make it have the fewest hardpoints of any VND and giving it 2 AMS. I'm uncertain which would be the best way to balance this one.)

Thunderbolt TDR-10SE:: 1E Right Arm / 1 AMS 1 MASC Right Torso / 1 ECM Center Torso / 3E 1M 1AMS Left Torso

(This would be meant as a mostly support TDR and a variant I personally would be very excited to use. The build I suggested is a mix between a 9S and a 9SE. It has fewer hardpoints than either, but retains the Jump Jets of the 9SE and the Dual AMS of the 9S while adding in an ECM hardpoint and MASC capability. There are several ECM variants of the TDR in lore and I believe it would be cool to see one of them in the game, this also adds a MASC which is 2 new unique additions to this mech. This would make for an interesting mix of mobility and support while still having decent firepower.)

Rifleman RFL-7M:: 1B 2E Right Arm / 1E 1 AMS Left Torso / 1 ECM Center Torso / 1E Head / 1E Right Torso / 1B 2E Left Arm

(The only Rifleman with ECM, this would add some flexiblity to it as a fire support mech. While I do think having a 2 AMS Rifleman would be nice, I won't lie the hardpoints on this varainat are very strong already and an extra AMS may push it over the line. This would likely be a powerful mech, and most likely better than the other RFL variants. I did not add any additional hardpoints aside from the 1 AMS as the stock loadout on this has a lot of weapons as it is)

Hopefully I explained most of these well enough to atleast get across why I think they would be interesting additions to the game. Thank you for reading, and I look forward to the new variants!

PS I got an error when I tried to post this and it created some weird characters in my post, I believe I caught all of them, however apologies if there are any weird formatting errors or if anything is out of place/missing.

#29 Dustfire

Rookie

• The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 04:27 AM

Existing Chassis:

UM-R90 Suburbanmech, it would be an entirely energy-based Urbanmech with a PPC replacing the autocannon mount in the right arm, a medium laser in each side torso, and a small laser in the left arm.

I know it wasn't asked, but I would love to see this mech added to MWO.

Firefly, it would serve a better purpose over the Jenner in being a stepping stone between the 20 tonner Locust / Flea and the 40 Tonner Cicada.

#30 Der Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 114 posts
  • LocationGermany / Limburg

Posted 16 January 2021 - 04:39 AM

The Grand Dragon was already mentioned above and i second that.

Can we expect for these additional variants to have some kind of special skin that distinguishs them from the others?

#31 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 16 January 2021 - 04:48 AM

For the guy who mentioned the Komodo earlier, the IS Nova is actually the Blackhawk-KU... Mostly because it pretty much IS a reverse-engineered Nova Omnimech. It should also be noted the Penetrator has close to the same claim as well, having used the Nova as a basis for its design.

As for variants i'd want? any canon ones we don't have yet that we have the equipment and tech to be using during this timeframe.

New Mech Wise, I'd like seeing the Rakshasa, Avatar, Raptor, and so on, IS mechs that were built in response to, or based off of, Clan ones.

Edited by Arkhangel, 16 January 2021 - 04:52 AM.

#32 NumberFive

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 04:49 AM

I have one request.

1. When you die, you should be switched to external view. Standing at the base of your mech, watching it fall.

1A. Mech weight should be changed to about ten times their normal weight when they die. They should look and feel like a mighty machine. Right now they lack gravitas.

I'd assume that's a setting tweak somewhere. These things should be epic so make them epic in death.

#33 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 16 January 2021 - 05:12 AM

Huntsman H. Uses all existing in game tech, but adds an extra omnipod option to perhaps MWO's most omni of omnimechs.

Alt. Config. H A powerful reconnaissance unit, the Huntsman H carries an Active Probe and an ECM Suite. It also mounts a pair of ER Large Lasers, a Heavy Small Laser, and four Heavy Medium Lasers that are all tied to an advanced Targeting Computer. Six additional double heat sinks strain to keep heat levels manageable. BV (1.0) = 2,060[1][19][20], BV (2.0) = 2,495[21]

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 16 January 2021 - 05:13 AM.

#34 My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Major General
  • Major General
  • 475 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 05:29 AM

Who cares about lore variants? PGI has already added their own variants so do it again, get some true variety by ignoring lore.

For the love of God don't constrain yourself to the lore.

#35 D o z e r

• PipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 05:49 AM

Stone Rhino - 100 ton clan mech

Was an iconic and exciting Mech from MW2 GHOST BEAR'S LEGACY

https://www.sarna.ne...Rhino_(Behemoth)

#36 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 16 January 2021 - 05:51 AM

IS MECHS
  • Raven-SS
Currently tied with the Jenner and Spider for least amount of variants - A mid/long-range ECM light to compliment the CQC flea and locust.
  • Cicada 3MA
A Tanky Cicada and a training mech to test bed for quirking the SnPPC to be viable.
  • Hammerhands!
Use the Warhammer model, increase variants weight by 5 tons. Make it a hero variant if you have to! Just do it!
  • Cyclops-11-B
Budget Sleipnir. A ballistic in each ST but not quite capable of the feared quad LBX-10.

CLAN MECHS
  • Cougar-I
Drop the supercharger and replace the micro-pulse with MASC! No clan light currently has MASC. "Improve" the Heavy large lasers with quirks (-20% duration)...
  • Viper-F
A veritable flying piranha! Too big to sneak around like one but jumpjets allow it attack from the least of expected places, built to ambush.
  • Night Gyr "Bunny Buster"
For wabbit hunting! Equipped with 2 LBX-5's in each arm which are fed from 4 tons of ammo split between the side torsos. A 3 ton Targeting computer in the left torso keeps track of those wascally wabbits while the 3 tons of MASC in the right allow it catch those virulent vermin.
  • Mad Cat II (Standard)
Because Mad Cats can jump!

Bunny Buster for reference:

Posted Image

Edited by VonBruinwald, 16 January 2021 - 08:18 AM.

#37 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 16 January 2021 - 06:08 AM

@Basmati Rice: Because there ARE lore variants that would add variety.

Which you'd know if you spent any time on Sarna. Shouldn't need a PGI homebrew if you can add variety via lore ones to begin with. the main reason PGI P variants tended to get added is because the mech chassis at the time didn't have three variants. That went out the door when the Skill Tree was added. I'm okay with Homebrews, but adding in some of the more unique lore variants should be done first.

#38 6yxapb

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 January 2021 - 06:25 AM

I want to see adequate mech model of daishi(make it looks not like a ugly barn), madcat mk2(make normal arms) - watch, how they look at MW4, models from mw4 way better.

#39 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,413 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 16 January 2021 - 06:30 AM

Can MWO/PGI consider changing the Clan Omnimech "Set Bonus" to "Set-of-6" instead of "Set-of-8" in order to enjoy the set bonuses?

I strongly feel that this would make Clan Omnimech sales much more interesting for MWO, both for Clan Omnimech "Hero" and any new Omnimech variants of the same chasis.

#40 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 16 January 2021 - 06:35 AM

The Grand Dragon.

It's past time.

The later 3050 era 5K and others were technically a new chassis.

BUT.

Literally the only difference we would see as players, is the 5K having a superior torso twist. And even that is not 100% true because originally both were built on the same Alshain Type 56-60H Chassis. Oh, and fresh hardpoints.

Visually, and in every other way they were the same, regardless of a retconned piece of fluff. Heck they even retain the DRG designation.

And that's not even 100% true, as the DRG-1G Grand Dragon literally was just a variant of the basic Dragon Chassis. The "new" version wouldn't even be designed until the 3040s.

SO that would open up the

DRG-1G
DRG-5K
DRG-5K-DC (similar set up to the Atlas AS7-D-DC)

and Maybe the 7K, though much like the A Pods on the Hellbringer, etc, the C3 Slave would probably need top be swapped for something.

It's kind of an insult to Kurita players it has not been added, long since. As there is literally ZERO in game reason if couldn't be added to the Dragon Family Tree. Unless 2-3 whinging grognards being didactic is considered a valid reason? And even that would be a non factor for the DRG-1G.

-the 1G gives the extra torso Energy Hardpoint, and swaps the arm from ballistics to energy.
-the 5K does the same but comes with a 360 base engine giving it a 400 engine cap.
-the 5K-DC loses a torso energy hardpoint (and 3 DHS) but adds a Command Console a la the AS7-D-DC Atlas, and the quirks that comes with.

Posted Image

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 16 January 2021 - 06:42 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users