#301 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,246 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 23 January 2021 - 04:43 PM

View PostMiss Greene, on 23 January 2021 - 02:09 PM, said:

Marauder 5L2 (MAD-5L2) (MWO-friendly alteration of the MAD-5L)
There is no viable all-energy variant of the classic Marauder available outside of the Hero 'Mech, Bounty Hunter II. While we could add in the MAD-3D and just jack up the guns, we have plenty of vanilla all-energy 'Mechs in the game that will be better, so the Marauder will need a unique spin. I therefore propose adding a MWO-friendly interpretation of the MAD-5L that trades away two Double Heatsinks and adds a MASC in place of the canon Triple-strength Myomer. Where the Bounty Hunter II is a slow-moving tank of a 'Mech that can jump and fire massive alpha strikes at impressive ranges, this "5L2" variant would be fast and sneaky and rely on heightened agility to do its job.

Default Loadout [and hardpoint allocation in brackets] is as follows:
Spoiler

Yes, this.

#302 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 06:52 PM

This thread is for variants of 'Mechs in the game, follow FupDup's link for the all-new 'Mech thread.

#303 ProPotato

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 11:04 PM

New or rework Battlemaster.
For what the BM is, it doesn't really take much of a loadout and requires too many heatsinks. Yea it can be a fast assault but with the loadout of a Medium mech. I can get more firepower and a similar armour out of lighter mechs. I've only dusted off this mech a handful of times since the intro of ghost heat and this is a beautiful mech. It's also super easy to kill as you always know it has stuff all firepower or will overheat.

#304 Galaxy Knuckles

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 10:05 AM

i always wished blood asp had more ballistic (symmetrical to right) on left torso..but thats just my favorite mech that i never use..cus i cant change engine either, have too many other options.

#305 HolyTerra

• PipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 24 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 January 2021 - 10:17 AM

Urbanmech IIC - hands down!

#306 Rocket Red

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 87 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 11:35 AM

Sun Spider with JJs

#307 G3 Heathen

• PipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 72 posts
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 12:02 PM

i will be the guy to say it, i think having a triple guass or dual ac20 quirk or any combo that makes 1 shoting mechs should be avoided. it would be so annoying to get one shoted every other match. like when the dual guass/ppc was the thing a while back.
heck dual heavy guass is bad enough. i can live with that because only a few mechs can run it.
if we were running battletech rules every one would be running clan mechs with masssive loadouts and matches would be over in under three minutes

#308 Redrumcomet

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 01:17 PM

a clan variant of the urbie would be cool. i also think the crab hero florentine should have its missile hard points moved to its arms and ballistics move to torso that originally had the missile hard points.

#309 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 338 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 24 January 2021 - 03:42 PM

View PostBobTheMad, on 24 January 2021 - 10:17 AM, said:

Urbanmech IIC - hands down!

https://mwomercs.com...ine-2021-mechs/

View PostRedrumcomet, on 24 January 2021 - 01:17 PM, said:

a clan variant of the urbie would be cool. i also think the crab hero florentine should have its missile hard points moved to its arms and ballistics move to torso that originally had the missile hard points.

See link above...

#310 PocketYoda

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,136 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 24 January 2021 - 07:21 PM

Stealth Urbanmech with Gauss and 3 large lasers.

Or Urbanmech IIC.

Edited by Samial, 24 January 2021 - 07:22 PM.

#311 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 11:40 PM

Split away some off-topic discussions about Battlemaster and Marauder 2 builds. You can find them here.
I also removed more suggestions of chassis that are not in the game, as I stated before.
Please people, stay on topic!

#312 Kakia

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 11:45 PM

I'd like the B-2000 battle computer intergraded into a universal omnipod head component available for any MDD variant. Call it project "Vulture", stolen IS tech., reverse engineered for clan technology. Or make a Vulture variant known as the MDD-V with ultimate missile quirks like velocity, cooldown, heat generation, and spread.

#313 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 24 January 2021 - 11:56 PM

I'd generally like to see more symmetrical variants of existing mechs, like a dual ballistic Stalker for instance. I think it's ok to do plenty of dream hardpoint variants of mechs that struggle to get love, it could revitalize some chassis

View Postcatgirl, on 16 January 2021 - 02:43 AM, said:

Just a quick thought, prioritize creating a new variant for mechs that statistically aren't played as much or have less variants than others. Players are only interested in keeping mechs that can consistently perform well in drops just because of their hardpoints (i.e. better to have torso weapons than arm). It can get dull and repetitive seeing the same mech with the same meta build. This will hopefully encourage players to buy more mechbays and expand their mech pool choice.

Few mechs I can think of that don't particularly have a good variant for it yet or just dont seem popular in game to me:
Lights: Firestarter, Jenner/Jenner IIC, Mist Lynx, Osiris, Panther, Spider
Mediums: Centurion, Hellspawn, Kintaro, Trebuchet, Uziel, Vindicator
Heavies: Black Knight, Champion, Dragon
Assaults: Hatamoto-chi, Highlander, King Crab, Victor, Zeus

Yeah, I don't experiment with my Champions because they're almost all asymmetric or arm-heavy hardpointed

I want the Hollander

#314 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 25 January 2021 - 06:17 AM

Urban mech IIC ERPPC Poptart

#315 Raso

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 25 January 2021 - 06:36 AM

If there's a mech which predominantly has energy hardpoints in the arms, add a variant with ballistics in the arms.
If there's a mech which predominantly has ballistic hardpoints in the arms, add a variant with energy in the arms.

That's my 2 cents.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users