#282 VikingN1nja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 607 posts
  • LocationIreland

Posted 21 January 2021 - 04:51 PM

I would love a MAD CAT II energy boat!

10 energy hard points, as there was a load of spare tonnage with the stock build so I threw in a 400xl. It is supposed to have a repair module, so I put a TC-1 in. Not sure if you could implement a repair module? I basically want an energy board MCII!

This is a rough build but you get the idea and do we get free variant if our idea is used? Posted Image

https://www.sarna.ne...i/Mad_Cat_Mk_II Mad Cat Mk. II 6 This version carries an ER PPC in each arm, backed up by a pair of ER Medium Lasers in each side torso. Each arm, leg, and torso location is equipped with a Harjel III repair system. BV (2.0) = 2,663[18]

Posted Image

Edited by omegaorgun, 21 January 2021 - 04:59 PM.

#283 Oboreten Wolf

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 05:09 PM

The UrbanMech R-80 !!! an Urbie ecm Energy sniper!!! UM-R80 This variant carries a Snub-Nose PPC, Small Pulse Laser, TAG, Beagle Active Probe, and Guardian ECM Suite. It retains the Small Laser of the standard UrbanMech as well. Improved Jump Jets help the UrbanMech move around the city it defends more effectively

#284 Avarice1of2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 194 posts
  • LocationSitting in a the cockpit of a mech whose pilot is no longer with us with Bitching Betty telling me my loadout is not usable.

Posted 21 January 2021 - 06:32 PM

Kodiak Polar Bear we know you have the loadout, so make that heromech.

#285 C337Skymaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 21 January 2021 - 07:26 PM

View PostSwamp *** MkII, on 21 January 2021 - 08:10 AM, said:

Timer Wolf
A: Configured specifically for long range, direct fire combat, the A configuration of the Timber Wolfis armed with a pair of ER PPC's. These give the Timber Wolf the capability of stripping nearly two tons of armor off of an enemy 'Mech at extreme ranges. For close combat, the A configuration has three Medium Pulse Lasers, an ER Small Laser, and a Streak SRM-6 to find any weak points in an enemy's armor. Less missile hardpoints than the TBR-D.[/color]

Used by The Society's MechWarriors, this version of the Timber Wolf carries twin ATM 9 missile launchers with four tons of ammunition. Each arm carries an ER Large Laser and an ER Medium Pulse Laser. To maximize its battlefield utility it also carries a NovaCEWS in the center torso.[/color]

The Nova CEWS is a bit rougish. It is in fact designed as an active probe, and ECM. Would be nice to have that capability in the Tiber Wolf, ie: Mad Cat

Pryde (Hero): A non-standard alternate configuration of the Timber Wolf, this configuration was famously used by Star Colonel Aiden Pryde. The primary long range weapons are a pair of ER Large Lasers which are backed up by a pair of LRM-20's for long range combat. For close combat, two ER Medium Lasers are carried as well as an ER Small Laser. The Pryde Configuration also mounts four Jump Jets making it highly maneuverable. (Basically a prime with JJ's...)

Bounty Hunter: The first custom configuration used by the infamous Bounty Hunter of the time of the initial Clan Invasion, it mounted a Large Pulse Laser and a Medium Pulse Laser in each arm. It also had a Medium Pulse Laser in both the left and right torso with a Clan Light TAG in the center torso. A Light Active Probe, ECM Suite, and a Targeting Computer provided stealth and increased accuracy. (This is a TBR I would love to see)

Maddog (Vulture MkII)
B: The most noted feature of the B configuration is the addition of four Jump Jets in the legs, allowing greater flexibility during fire-support missions. Its weaponry and equipment includes a pair of side-torso mounted LRM-20s, arm-mounted ER Large Lasers, and a pair of ER Medium Lasers in the center torso. Two additional Double Heat Sinks help in managing heat levels.

Maddog (Vulture)
D: This variant uses a pair of ATM 12's that are powerful at all ranges. It also uses paired ER Medium Lasers Medium Pulse Lasers, and ER Small Lasers. An extra heat sink helps to keep heat levels under some control. Yes, I know a D exists, however, the MDD-D in MWO is more like a MDD-B, and the above is the correct configuration of the MDD-D.

Ok, that's all I feel like posting at the moment. Time to go shoot ****, or die trying...

The TBR-A is already a 'mech in MWO, and the Pryde can be built on any of the -A, -C, or -D chassis by kitbashing with the -S side torsos and the -Prime arms.

The MDD-D can be built on the Revnant (albeit locked behind a paywall). The rest of the suggestions are good, though. :)

#286 ThunderKats

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 January 2021 - 09:09 PM

Shadow Cat with 2+2 energy hardpoint on arms still missing as a variant, without ECM and give the thing some nice energy quirks toward med-pulse build. Just make sure the omni-parts get lock in this variant, just like the artic-wolf hero. Also would be nice to get a black-lanner variant with more tonnage to play (smaller engine like 350) but with lock omni-parts same as the shadowcat concept. Coff coff...remove strikes from game for the sake of balance, nerf ATM coff.

#287 Neutron IX

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,018 posts
  • Location"Soylent Green. It's what's for dinner."

Posted 21 January 2021 - 09:17 PM

MAD-3D Marauder (3R but change the 3 Ballistic hardpoints in the RT to 3 Energy hardpoints).
MAD-7D Marauder (same hardpoints as 3R but with an ECM hardpoint. Possibly reduce the RT Ballistic hardpoints by 1 for balance?)

As much as I'd like several other of the "Davion" variants of existing mechs, the reality is the hardpoints would likely differ very little from variants that are in the game already, so the need to add them is maybe low, beyond the simple fact that I'm a Lore Hound who wants to pilot "faction accurate" mechs. Posted Image

#288 0Carbon0

• PipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 32 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationDERP Community PR Officer

Posted 21 January 2021 - 10:35 PM

I ONLY NEED 1 THING

SHADOW CAT ARM(S) WITH 2 ENERGY HARDPOINTS

#289 BrunoSSace

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 1,032 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 22 January 2021 - 12:45 AM

Ok I'm going to have my 2 cents. New variety's or whole new mechs I would buy. The mechs I named are some of the ones that I love to use in game and what can I say, I'm a collector.

New Light mech

Brigand- why, some of us love being Pirates
Firebee- love fire.

New Medium/Variety

Hunchback 5P, 8 energy ECM
Hunchback 5H Rocket Carrier, yes please
any new Hunchback, really please

Blackjack OmniMech- please, even if the tech is terrible for it.

Chameleon- love one, think they look cool.

Griffin Franacine One or two. New Hero mech

Shadow Hawk any new Variant

New Heavy Mechs
(personal note, heavy mechs sell)

Cataphract- any new Variant

Crusader- whole new mech

Grasshopper- any new Variant

Marauder -any new Variant

Templar- whole new mech

Thunderbolt- any Variant

Warhammer- any Variant

Assault mechs

Unless you buff engine agility of Assaults, I wouldn't even bother! I never play them, since they are so bad.

Now the reason I have not added certain Variant numbers. Some times, certain Variants don't have access to new tech or swappable ammo types, or plainly, don't existed in lore to be added.

Personally I would love for MML to be added to the game. (Multi-Missile Launchers)
Thank you for reading,

#290 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 January 2021 - 03:57 AM

View PostBrunoSSace, on 22 January 2021 - 12:45 AM, said:

New Heavy Mechs
(personal note, heavy mechs sell)

Templar- whole new mech

Assault mechs

Unless you buff engine agility of Assaults, I wouldn't even bother! I never play them, since they are so bad.

Templar is an 85 Ton Omnimech... :)

#291 Runecarver

• PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 04:28 AM

I see folks still don't understand that this thread isn't meant for asking for entirely new mechs but variants for existing ones.

Anyway, a few more inner sphere mech variant suggestions:

ARC-7L:
2x missile hardpoints and 2x energy hardpoints, jump jets, and comes with ECM and stealth armor already equipped. This variant would provide a lot of extra utility to the archer chassis. Give it 2 extra energy hardpoints, something like one per arm, and it would be a viable alternative to the Tempest hero which trades off the utility of jump jets for extra weapon hardpoints.

KTO-K:
Only comes with 2x energy hardpoints and 2x missile hardpoint stock, and jump jets. Inflate the hardpoints to 3 each, and give it quirks for Streak missiles such as range, cooldown and heat. This way it would stand out at least a little from the griffin and the dervish.

DRG-5K:
Technically this is a Grand Dragon variant, but it could be adapted to the existing dragon chassis. 4x energy hardpoints, one in each arm and side torso and the missile in the center torso. Inflate the arms to hold 2 energy hardpoints each and it would provide a playstyle previously unavailable to the Dragon chassis.

DRG-7K:
Another Grand Dragon variant, this time with 4x hardpoints and 1x missile hardpoint along with MASC. This would provide the greatest amount of new flair for the chassis, as a 60 ton MASC heavy is not yet available in the game for inner sphere. Give it two extra energy hardpoints for a total of 6 and that combined with MASC would make it a really sought after mech.

JM6-H:
2x energy hardpoints, 2x ballistic hardpoints, and 6x missile hardpoints. Its stock armed with 2x lbx2s, 2x large lasers, and 6 rocket launcher 15s. The ability to boat a mass amount of missiles would be a fun alternative to the generally ballistics oriented jagermechs currently in the game.

Edited by Runecarver, 22 January 2021 - 04:29 AM.

#292 Liquid Leopard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • LocationChesapeake, VA

Posted 22 January 2021 - 06:48 AM

Offhand, I might like to see more Catapult or Marauder variants.
CPLT-K3 with some changes to the PPC quirks? Maybe make quirks specific to the ER-PPC.
If you aren't seeing a lot of Catapults with PPCs in matches, it's because the PPC quirks are half-baked.
Even if you don't give us a K3, I still think the K2 should have PPC quirks more like an AWS.

MAD-5S with Gauss rifle quirks.

Also, I would rather those chassis' have armor bonuses than structure bonuses.
Structure quirks don't do anything to protect the innards from damage. Win or lose, my Marauders often absorb more damage than they dish out.
There's no satisfaction or payout in absorbing damage.

#293 BigTex2112

Rookie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 12:54 PM

This is a lot, but here are just some of my thoughts.

Existing Mech variants in Battletech lore:

1. Cougar ALT config F- Weapons: 8 Heavy Machine Guns with half a ton of ammo, 3 Medium Pulse lasers and 1 Streak SRM 4 with 1 ton of ammo. Equipment: 10 DHS.
It might be designed for anti-infantry, but I have a huge soft spot for the cougar chassis. Maybe it would be a good Piranha hunter? The Cougar so far has never been a very good or "meta" mech for MWO, and is a rarer chassis to see played in the game. Honestly this would be more for giggles and laughs, but builds like these are often the most enjoyable for me to play. Also, I find it odd there isn't an ALT config A or ALT config B for the Cougar. I guess they would be redundant due to the Adder?

2. Hellbringer ALT config J – Weapons: 1 Ultra autocannon 5 with 1 ton of ammo in the arm, 1 ERPPC in the other arm, 2 ER Medium lasers divided into each side torso and a Streak SRM 4 with 1 ton of ammo. Equipment: 13 DHS? Jump jets, Active Probe and AMS.
It's a Hellbringer with jump jets. Not really sure we need Pop-Tart Hellbringers, but it would be interesting. I would assume placing the Jump Jets in the side torsos would be the most balanced.

3. Atlas AS7-K3 – Weapons: 1 Gauss Rifle with 2 tons of ammo, 2 ER Large Lasers with one in each arm, 1 Streak SRM 4. Equipment: 21 SHS, 3 Jump Jets, Guardian ECM, 400 XL engine and Ferro-Fibrous Armor.
It’s a high mobility Atlas with Jump jets. Do I need to say anything else? While it does exist after the current timeline of the game right now, all of its tech is possible within the current timeline.

Variants that aren’t cannon in any way:

1. Highlander or Highlander IIC variant with 400 engine cap and MASC.

2. Gargoyle variant with Jump Jets and MASC.
If you can’t tell, I really enjoy high mobility assault mechs. The Gargoyle build I use is insane and dumb, yet it can be surprisingly effective and incredibly fun to pilot. (Something like 9 Micro Pulse lasers, 6 Small Pulse lasers and 1 Large Pulse Laser)

3. Summoner variant quirked to use 3 ERPPC’s without Ghost heat penalty.

4. Cougar with a dedicated Ultra autocannon 20 Variant.
Basically, a Cougar quirked with bonuses to use an UAC-20. Maybe, the Cougar could receive some general armor and structure buffs? One can hope…

#294 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 January 2021 - 02:10 PM

View PostBigTex2112, on 22 January 2021 - 12:54 PM, said:

I find it odd there isn't an ALT config A or ALT config B for the Cougar. I guess they would be redundant due to the Adder?

More accurately, those can be kitbashed from the existing Cougars (if you put the -C head on the -Prime, you can create both of those variants from the resulting hardpoints). Most Omnimech variants add something new and unique to the lineup that isn't duplicated on another variant.

It's the same reason we're missing the following Omnimechs:

ACH-D (fits the -Prime set-of-8)
ACH-H (fits the -C set-of-8)

KFX-A, B, H (can be built on the -Prime set-of-8)
KFX-E (can be built on the -S set-of-8)
KFX-W (can be kit-bashed from the -G and -Prime)

ADR-C (can be kit-bashed from the -A and -D)
ADR-H (fits the -Prime)

JR7 IIC-4 (fits on the -1) (Not technically an omni, but you get my point)

VPR-E (Fits the -A set-of-8)

IFR-E, H (both fit on the -P set-of-8, and can be kit-bashed from other variants as well)

HMN-E, N (both fit on the -Prime set-of-8)

NVA-E (can be kit-bashed from the -S and -D)
NVA-H (Fits the Prime set-of-8)

BKL-B (can be kit-bashed from the -C and -E, and is honestly a terrible build, anyway)
BKL-H (fits the -Prime set-of-8)

SCR-H (fits the Prime set-of-8)
SCR-I (can be kit-bashed from the -A/-D and the -Prime)

MDD-D (can be kit-bashed onto the Revnant, so technically exists behind a paywall)

EBJ-H (fits the -A set-of-8)

SMN-A (fits the -Prime set-of-8, but is honestly terrible in MWO)
SMN-E (can be kit-bashed from the -B and -F/-D)
SMN-H (fits the -D set-of-8)

NCT-E (fits the -B and -CC sets-of-8. The -CC has slightly better hardpoint placement, but that's more of an aesthetic difference)

TBR-B (fits the -C set-of-8, but is a terrible MWO build)
TBR-E, H (both fit the -D set-of-8)

GAR-H (can be kit-bashed from the -Prime, -A, and -E)

SNV-2 (fits on the SNV-A) (Not technically an omni, but you get my point)
SNV-4 (literally the -B with the two arm ERML's swapped for HMLs)

EXE-H (can be kit-bashed from existing hardpoints)

DWF-H (can be kit-bashed, but requires the -UV right torso, locking it behind a paywall).

Therefore, the ONLY thing that will set any of those builds apart is Quirks, so PGI never bothered adding them, figuring if we REALLY wanted to build them, we'd just do it ourselves (and some of us have).

#295 TENTACLE BOSS

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 45 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 11:43 PM

Stealth/ECM IIC Urbie. I need an excuse to expand my urbie collection. A sneaky Urbanmech with some Heavy Lasers would be fun for guerilla strats, sneaking up, doing an alpha strike, and running away whilst being able to fire another strike at any would be pursuers.

#296 Big-G

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 341 posts
  • LocationFormerly New Capetown, now Kikuyu - Lyran Alliance

Posted 23 January 2021 - 04:51 AM

Maybe try the other thread for mechs that are not yet in the game: https://mwomercs.com...ine-2021-mechs/

#297 ArchonEnt

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 6 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 January 2021 - 09:57 AM

Hello, I would love to see Marauder, marauder IIc and Marauder 2 variants with balistics in both side torso's not just 1 or 2 in the same torso. Especially in the case of the Marauder 2 the ballistics hardpoints being low instead of the high placement that the second energy weapons gets . A More specific variant could be a Marauder IIc bad boy hero mech. An uac-10 in each side torso, 2 medium pulse in the ct and 6 er smalls spread between the arms. Also there should be room for an xl-360 and ecm. Also i think that all non omni mechs should have some, even small, structure quirks.

Thanks for listening.

#298 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:09 PM

What are the constraints? Are we proposing only official variants with only minimal adjustments necessary to make them compatible with MWO? Do we have to use only equipment that exists in the game or are variants that use future equipment (e.g. Light Autocannons, Plasma Rifles, etc.) also on the table? The scope of what we can consider increases dramatically with new equipment introduced.

Assuming we are only talking about adding variants using existing equipment, I propose the following:

Mist Lynx Config. F (MLX-F)
This 'Mech variant would add the ability for the Mist Lynx to boat more Micro- and Small-class lasers and be effective with them up close; with 4x energy per arm, you can combine them with the right torso pod from the G configuration to bring the total count of lasers up to ten. The target min-max build doing this is 6x Small Pulse and 4x ER Micro, which should be sufficient to make it a viable alternative to massed Machine Guns. It has the standard array of fixed equipment common to all Mist Lynx configurations. TRO for the variant is 3060.

Default Loadout [and hardpoint allocation in brackets] is as follows:
Spoiler

Marauder 5L2 (MAD-5L2) (MWO-friendly alteration of the MAD-5L)
There is no viable all-energy variant of the classic Marauder available outside of the Hero 'Mech, Bounty Hunter II. While we could add in the MAD-3D and just jack up the guns, we have plenty of vanilla all-energy 'Mechs in the game that will be better, so the Marauder will need a unique spin. I therefore propose adding a MWO-friendly interpretation of the MAD-5L that trades away two Double Heatsinks and adds a MASC in place of the canon Triple-strength Myomer. Where the Bounty Hunter II is a slow-moving tank of a 'Mech that can jump and fire massive alpha strikes at impressive ranges, this "5L2" variant would be fast and sneaky and rely on heightened agility to do its job.

Spoiler

Jagermech 7F (JM7-F)
This 'Mech does three things for the Jagermech line-up:
1. It adds in one of the 70-ton variants
2. It adds in a variant focused on Rotary Autocannons, which it should be quirked for
3. It adds in a variant that has ECM

Spoiler

Beyond this, there are plenty of variants in the game already that could be made interesting or useful with some minor alterations. Giving the MAD-4A a third energy hardpoint in its right arm to bring the total to 9 would give it a unique position among IS assaults as being the only one capable of blasting out a Clan-comparable 60-point alpha without ghost heat by combining 3x Large Pulse Laser with 6x Med Laser. The MAD-5D, currently overshadowed by the MAD-9M as a missile carrier, could be made interesting with the addition of a single energy hardpoint to the right torso to better enable interesting things like a pair of Snub PPCs with a pair of SRM-6 for jump-brawling (ditto the Clan's MAD-IIC-B ). The Locust 1V and Locust 3V could be made more useful by adding two ballistic hardpoints to each, bringing the total to 6 and 4, respectively. Do we have a thread specifically for suggesting fixes to 'Mechs already in the game to make them viable?

Edited by Miss Greene, 23 January 2021 - 02:42 PM.

#299 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 23 January 2021 - 02:17 PM

View PostMiss Greene, on 23 January 2021 - 02:09 PM, said:

Do we have a thread specifically for suggesting fixes to 'Mechs already in the game to make them viable?

Si.

https://mwomercs.com...ine-2021-mechs/

#300 bear_cl4w

• PipPip
  • The Tyrant
  • The Tyrant
  • 34 posts
  • Locationanywhere.

Posted 23 January 2021 - 04:20 PM

Here are some of the variants of existing mechs in the game, new hardpoint mixes that haven't been utilized yet. (hoping to see the AWS-9Q ECM ppc awesome FTW)
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users