28 replies to this topic

#21 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 22 January 2021 - 03:11 PM

View PostHeavy Money, on 22 January 2021 - 02:39 PM, said:

Thanks. How do you even buy a one shot? I've only bought Permanent it looks like.
If you unequip a one shot, can you re-equip it?

To purchase you have to switch from unlockable to one-shot.
And once you saved a paint scheme with a different pattern, that one-shot is gone. You can however freely switch the colors of a one-shot pattern - as long as you don't remove the one-shot pattern, it stays applied to the specific mech.

#22 Wid1046

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 277 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 05:03 PM

View PostBuenaventura, on 22 January 2021 - 03:11 PM, said:

To purchase you have to switch from unlockable to one-shot.
And once you saved a paint scheme with a different pattern, that one-shot is gone. You can however freely switch the colors of a one-shot pattern - as long as you don't remove the one-shot pattern, it stays applied to the specific mech.

Thank you! I've been playing this game for the better part of a year and had no idea that one-shot patterns were a thing. I won't pay 750 MC for a pattern as it takes too long to save up for the Hero mechs that I want, but 37 MC to put my MAD-IIC in a tiger-stripe leisure suit? Yes.

#23 Heavy Money

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • 1,275 posts

Posted 22 January 2021 - 05:42 PM

I can't figure out how to switch to One Shot :/

#24 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 22 January 2021 - 06:23 PM

View PostHeavy Money, on 22 January 2021 - 05:42 PM, said:

I can't figure out how to switch to One Shot :/

Just typing from memory, but iirc, immediatly above the patterns is a dropdown that says "unlockable". Click that and you'll find "one-shot" as the other option.

#25 w0qj

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,413 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 22 January 2021 - 09:55 PM

There might be other Star Trek fans over here in MWO :)

View PostD V Devnull, on 22 January 2021 - 09:44 AM, said:

~D. V. "taking a cue from 'Kate Mulgrew' and her 'Kathryn Janeway' role about how Disruptive a question can get" Devnull
(p.s.: It just dawned on me... With falling into mixing Star Trek with MechWarrior here, have I just fallen into the Disruptive Puns bin?)

#26 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 23 January 2021 - 06:16 AM

View PostWid1046, on 22 January 2021 - 05:03 PM, said:

Thank you! I've been playing this game for the better part of a year and had no idea that one-shot patterns were a thing. I won't pay 750 MC for a pattern as it takes too long to save up for the Hero mechs that I want, but 37 MC to put my MAD-IIC in a tiger-stripe leisure suit? Yes.

On the bright side, if you take advantage of a Sale like this, then you never have to pay 750 (MC) in the first place to get the Camo that you want in a Permanent Unlock type of state. Also, as noted above, if you only purchase the One-Shot and then decide to take it off later for any reason, you would then end up having to pay again for it later, but it might be 75 (MC) at that point because the 37 (MC) price is only during the Sale we have right now. So use this current Disruptive Sale and purchase the Permanent Unlock that you can use any time you wish for only 375 (MC), thereby saving yourself the headache of changes that would remove a One-Shot type of paint job and cause you to waste your (MC) which you worked to earn. Keep in mind that the Permanent Unlock Camo can be pulled off and re-applied as many times as you like, allowing you to change your fashion as you see fit. On the converse, the One-Shot never gives you that option. :)

~Mr. D. V. "Perma-Unlock Camo is literally ALWAYS the better deal, so get that when the one you want is On-Sale" Devnull

#27 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 23 January 2021 - 06:59 AM

View PostLockheed_, on 23 January 2021 - 06:46 AM, said:

Does anyone ever buy unlockable camo?
I feel pretty much everyone goes for oneshots.
The only unlockables I have are from events and packs

You ask that after I preach Permanent Unlockable Camo to be the better purchase... Fellow ForumWarrior, the answer is already a "YES" that I could put in big and resounding font. And also a "Yes", I have earned a fair share of mine from Events in the past too. That said, I also learned before getting my first One-Shot that they're not worth the ultimately wasted payouts, and thus saved myself from ever wasting on the One-Shot type before it could happen. Those helpful Permanent Unlockable Camo versions are always the best way to go, but also must be purchased when On-Sale in order to avoid having paid out more than should be for each wanted one. B)

~D. V. "reviewed the Cost-To-Benefit-Ratio long ago on Camo purchasing... Permanent Unlockable is always best" Devnull

#28 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 562 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 January 2021 - 07:18 AM

Thank you for the event and the MC. Bought my Orions a nice Tiger camo (permanent, ofc).

#29 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,413 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 23 January 2021 - 07:32 AM

I only buy unlockable camo, and wait for a sale (ie: now) to do it.

Unlockable camo works for all mech variants on the same chassis.
My favorite is Digital Camo, which is on sale now.

Also, a number of Hero mechs still keep part of their bright / eccentric (in my eyes) "artwork" even after changing colors.
Changing to another camo gets rid of this. eg: BattleMaster Hellslinger hero mech.

ie: My Ultimate Package for all variants of Blood Asp benefits from just one camo purchase.
ie: My 4x BattleMaster mechs (3x BLR-1G(S) & BLR-1GHE) will shortly get my unlockable camo, for FP/QP.
ymmv

View PostLockheed_, on 23 January 2021 - 06:46 AM, said:

Does anyone ever buy unlockable camo?
I feel pretty much everyone goes for oneshots.
The only unlockables I have are from events and packs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users