• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 27 January 2021 - 10:18 PM

@Daeron Katz
Put me down as a Streamer, with Christmas Bell Warhorn... and I will stream it!

People will love having a chance to get me!

or if they have a cloud cockpit item of some sort.. that would be fun!

Edited by Surn, 27 January 2021 - 10:25 PM.

#22 Steel Raven

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,372 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 10:48 PM

Too bad I'm always working a closing shift followed by a opening shift when these go down.

Happy hunting!

#23 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 27 January 2021 - 10:56 PM

View PostSurn, on 27 January 2021 - 10:18 PM, said:

There is a raincloud cockpit item, I just don't remember its name. It was available for an event in the past, so considering others of the available items, that would probably be possible.

For the event: I'll have to see to get some hours in, only QP though, and with my recent demotion to tier 4, I'll rarely see any of those mentioned. Once my last batch of new mechs is mastered, I'll have to see to get back to tier 3. :)

#24 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 481 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 11:48 PM

Of all the victims listed, I know / meet in battles (in my time zone) three - four people. And the developers, in my entire 5-year stay in the MWO, I met in battle only once or twice.
My chances of success are close to zero, so I don't even feel hopeful. This celebration of life (or death?) is not for me.
Good luck with the hunt to all other players. Give them hot and strong, let the ground burn under their feet (especially for the guys with the yellow unit tag "PGI")! Posted Image

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 28 January 2021 - 12:02 AM.

#25 Sep

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 27 January 2021 - 11:59 PM

I'm sure this will have no negative effect on match quality throughout the day

Edited by Sep, 28 January 2021 - 12:12 AM.

#26 crazytimes

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,325 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 12:30 AM

Could we have the option instead of the reward randomly deleting like 10 or 20 of your existing cockpit items?

#27 nuttyrat

• PipPipPip
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • The Cyber Warrior
  • 94 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationVancouver BC

Posted 28 January 2021 - 12:32 AM

View PostSep, on 27 January 2021 - 11:59 PM, said:

I'm sure this will have no negative effect on match quality throughout the day

yeah but you will be in my group to help keep my alive :P

#28 MisterSomaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 255 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 12:47 AM

Dammit, if I knew I could pick a tourney warhorn, I would have gone with the 2018 Red Tournament warhorn, make it worth killing my ***.

#29 6yxapb

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 58 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 01:10 AM

Rewards are poor. Useless standing/hanging items are garbage, which only limits visibility.

#30 Lexandro Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 108 posts
  • LocationHungary, Budapest

Posted 28 January 2021 - 02:14 AM

If I hunt someone down more than once, will I get the reward for it more than once? Posted Image

#31 catgirl

• PipPipPip
  • The Meta
  • The Meta
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCanopus IV

Posted 28 January 2021 - 02:21 AM

This event sounds fun! Posted Image A really creative way to encourage content creation and attract more pilots into playing. It'd be really cool to see more events coordinated with Twitch streamers. I've been noticing more streamers/viewers for Mechwarrior on Twitch and it's fun being able to interact with other pilots between drops.

I might have to skip out on some cockpit items like rocket girl, shield, nova cat and retro arcade... I don't know if I can bring myself to eliminate my MechQueens Posted Image

#32 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 28 January 2021 - 02:27 AM

Wow... I'm late to this thread... catching up now! :wacko:

View PostDaeron Katz, on 27 January 2021 - 09:21 PM, said:

I'm tier 1, and I believe Mark Nicholson is as well. But yeah in future events, I'll be sure to use alt accounts as well, so that more players have a chance.

You have unfortunately missed a Developer who is very much worth wanting to shoot. Please go drag Paul Inouye out of his dark hiding place and forcibly duct tape him into a Mech Cockpit of your choice. There are people who very much desire to deliver several AutoCannon Shots and/or Missile Barrages in his direction, and subsequently make the Mech which he's in explode & crumble in various hilarious ways. :P

Heck, pardon my getting long-winded because of a little confusion, but why is there only a mere 24 Hours for this Event to happen in? Why is it not that both Developers & Streamers operate on back-and-forth rolling cycles over a Week-long run, in order to give them all the time to recharge & return for more interesting battles because they got some sleep periodically, thereby avoiding burnout from a 24 Hour stretch? Seems like I might be a little crazy here, but would it be more fair & helpful to have this appeal upon as many audiences of the game as possible, and give them all the time to actually have a chance at pulling off a kill that rewards a special item? Last that I checked, there are some people who only really get the time to come fight on weekends, and only running for 24 Hours on a non-weekend day would unfortunately and/or wrongfully shut them out from any reasonable chance to do so. I suppose this is merely a Test Run that is happening in order to see how much interest that there is for a longer one in the future and/or multiple additional short ones? :(

@Daeron Katz
Put me down as a Streamer, with Christmas Bell Warhorn... and I will stream it!

People will love having a chance to get me!

I suppose you'll get in if he's reading this thread and can still add you to the list. Good luck on getting to make yourself a target, even as ridiculous as that is sounding in my head. I'll even use the following emoji with this reply to you in order to score you some extra points for getting added to the roster... :D

View PostBuenaventura, on 27 January 2021 - 10:56 PM, said:

There is a raincloud cockpit item, I just don't remember its name. It was available for an event in the past, so considering others of the available items, that would probably be possible.

I believe the two of you are looking for the "Stonehenge" Standing Cockpit Item from the "Summer Solstice 2018" Event which happened. Heck, I went digging down for more info, and re-discovered that it took some serious dedication & effort in order to get three of these at one shot. Just have a look at this tracker page @ https://mwomercs.com/events/127 to see what I'm talking about. :o

View PostMisterSomaru, on 28 January 2021 - 12:47 AM, said:

Dammit, if I knew I could pick a tourney warhorn, I would have gone with the 2018 Red Tournament warhorn, make it worth killing my ***.

Maybe you can get Daeron Katz to still fix that before the Event happens to start? All you would need is for him to read this thread and then be willing to honor your request for a last-moment change. Maybe all of us will find ourselves seeing a positive outcome for you? ^_^

And with that, I'm heading for the battlezones myself... Hmm... I gotta go find the Mech which I wanted to pilot because I was checking something else... Dang! :mellow:

~D. V. "hunting for Developers & Streamers in January 2021... good thing I posted before the lunatics see it" Devnull

#33 whatever it takes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 191 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 02:41 AM

View PostDakkalistic, on 27 January 2021 - 08:04 PM, said:

No Magic Pain Glove what?

Literally my 1-st thought, no MPG = H E R E S Y !!

#34 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 28 January 2021 - 02:44 AM

i wanted to paint the coal brown and call it a potato but i think players prefer horns so... had i known i'd've chosen a different horn but as it stands i expect by the end of the event everyone (yes you too tier5) will have a bell horn.

#35 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,418 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 28 January 2021 - 03:09 AM

Was the Stonehenge (Summer Solice 2018" Standing Item) that hard to get back then?

I was not around back then... but actually got this Stonehenge standing item thru Loot Bag random rewards, I believe.
Anyways, banking on Loot Bag random rewards to give you a very specific item would drive one crazy, given the very slim chance of that happening...

[Edit] The Stonehenge awarded me had a swirling orange halo above it; no rainbow. [/Edit]

View PostD V Devnull, on 28 January 2021 - 02:27 AM, said:

...I believe the two of you are looking for the "Stonehenge" Standing Cockpit Item from the "Summer Solstice 2018" Event which happened. Heck, I went digging down for more info, and re-discovered that it took some serious dedication & effort in order to get three of these at one shot. Just have a look at this tracker page @ https://mwomercs.com/events/127 to see what I'm talking about. Posted Image

Edited by w0qj, 28 January 2021 - 03:23 AM.

#36 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 28 January 2021 - 03:57 AM

yes mate, gimme a reason to put you on my hitlist Posted Image

I believe the two of you are looking for the "Stonehenge" Standing Cockpit Item from the "Summer Solstice 2018" Event which happened. Heck, I went digging down for more info, and re-discovered that it took some serious dedication & effort in order to get three of these at one shot. Just have a look at this tracker page @ https://mwomercs.com/events/127 to see what I'm talking about. Posted Image

they're not, it was one of the 2018 Tournament pack items, and was given out in events at some point. it can be found on here: https://mechwarrior..../supporter-pack

#37 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 28 January 2021 - 04:18 AM

View PostBuenaventura, on 27 January 2021 - 10:56 PM, said:

I believe the two of you are looking for the "Stonehenge" Standing Cockpit Item from the "Summer Solstice 2018" Event which happened. Heck, I went digging down for more info, and re-discovered that it took some serious dedication & effort in order to get three of these at one shot. Just have a look at this tracker page @ https://mwomercs.com/events/127 to see what I'm talking about. Posted Image

View Postw0qj, on 28 January 2021 - 03:09 AM, said:

Was the Stonehenge (Summer Solice 2018" Standing Item) that hard to get back then?

I was not around back then... but actually got this Stonehenge standing item thru Loot Bag random rewards, I believe.
Anyways, banking on Loot Bag random rewards to give you a very specific item would drive one crazy, given the very slim chance of that happening...

[Edit] The Stonehenge awarded me had a swirling orange halo above it; no rainbow. [/Edit]

View PostTheUltimateGhost, on 28 January 2021 - 03:57 AM, said:

they're not, it was one of the 2018 Tournament pack items, and was given out in events at some point. it can be found on here: https://mechwarrior..../supporter-pack

Okay, my mistake here... I just checked my Standing Cockpit Items again, and w0qj & TheUltimateGhost are correct on this one. There is another different item that is simply called "Rain Cloud" which I totally forgot about, but thankfully possess one to view. It's name is hard to remember due to being too basic to general human speech about the weather. Nice call, fellow Mech Pilots... :)

~D. V. "they're right... I didn't have the correct Standing Cockpit Item in mind... but its' name is forgettable" Devnull

#38 w0qj

• The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 3,418 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationAt your 6 :)

Posted 28 January 2021 - 04:47 AM

A BIG thank you to MWO/PGI for bringing new ideas to the table, like this Dev/Streamer Hunt!

#39 Ward0g

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 January 2021 - 06:20 AM

While it's great to see an event like this finally scheduled and announced, unfortunately I've really only heard of three of the streamers. Where's Baradul, TTB, Critical Rocket, Larsh, OldBob 10025, or Haven Kendrick? And TheB33f... is he still playing MWO?

Also, someone needs to talk Texicus (Tex from the Black Pants Legion) back into MWO...

#40 SunderMK2

• PipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 37 posts
  • LocationThe bar

Posted 28 January 2021 - 06:23 AM

Well I do stream MWO. I have the smallest of small audiences, but I'd be up for the giant target so I can die even more hilariously than usual

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users