313 replies to this topic

#61 Voice of Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 480 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 02:07 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 29 January 2021 - 06:29 PM, said:

• Match Maker Improvements based on new modes etc.
  • Separate Solo / Group Queues (could happen sooner if Population is high enough)

This means - never?
Did I translate from English correctly?

Edited by Voice of Kerensky, 30 January 2021 - 02:09 AM.

#62 Wormflush

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 42 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 January 2021 - 02:39 AM

Suggestions:
* Add Solaris Division to Mech Detail View.
* Add mech type (Inner Sphere / Clan) to Mech Detail View.
* Solaris: Show chosen Mechs and (own) weapons on map (de-)selection page.
* Reduce idle time in Solaris 7: Remove elevator scene, remove mech preview (replace that by showing mech type in the ready screen and in map selection), remove powering up
* reduce Solaris player sync cycle (waiting time in Solaris hub) from 2 minutes to 1 minute - I know this is intended to prevent matching the same players again and again, but in effect it makes me being matched not at all most of the time.

Edited by Wormflush, 30 January 2021 - 01:07 PM.

#63 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 30 January 2021 - 03:12 AM

With regards to localization, there was a lot of effort put in earlier in the game's life by Japanese and Korean players. Someone even made a mod to translate the UI into Korean and there's a full guide in Japanese. All of this was on Steam. It would have been great to have translations to the UI done back then when the interest was still high. It might have filled out the SEA/Oceanic server a bit more.

Edited by Elizander, 30 January 2021 - 03:13 AM.

#64 Saved By The Bell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
  • LocationJapan

Posted 30 January 2021 - 03:29 AM

incursion base should be stronger in close range. Do some strong turrets. Losing team can run to base and still try.

Radar, ECM points almost no use. Too far, etc.

Edited by Saved By The Bell, 30 January 2021 - 03:43 AM.

#65 rolling thunder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 120 posts
  • LocationSOUTHPORT,UK

Posted 30 January 2021 - 04:34 AM

A community designed map.... yes please. However i'd still like to see an alternative load out for mechs, once you find out what map you are on you can choose your mechs alternative load out. Say you are in a short range mech and you'd rather load long range weapons. A simple click of a button would load a prebuilt loadout. This could work for cold maps vrs hot maps. I think one of the most important changes should be being able to take over a disconnected mech or AFK mech if it hasn't moved in 2 - 4 minutes. If your mech gets destroyed and there is an unpiloted mech you should have the option to pilot that mech to help the team out. The owner of the mech doesn't get the points nor a penalty {after all there are many reasons for becoming disconnected} .

Edited by rolling thunder, 30 January 2021 - 07:42 AM.

#66 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 30 January 2021 - 04:55 AM

"possible new mech chassis"... Hmmmm.

#67 UPnADAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 381 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 05:42 AM

Am I the only person who wishes the gauss had a little more health and reverted back to it's pre charge up days?

#68 MarsThunder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 237 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 30 January 2021 - 06:04 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 29 January 2021 - 08:19 PM, said:

+1 for classic Terra.

I would like to remind everyone that classic Terra Therma is quite exacting of good teamplay (more than other maps) and there were many votes against it in the past.

#69 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 30 January 2021 - 06:27 AM

View PostMarsThunder, on 30 January 2021 - 06:04 AM, said:

I would like to remind everyone that classic Terra Therma is quite exacting of good teamplay (more than other maps) and there were many votes against it in the past.

Yeah and that's what makes it different, you need to team play. It's been 2 years it's not available so it's nice to see it back. I will enjoy it more than another map I won't name. Posted Image

#70 I D K

Rookie

• The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 07:01 AM

Can we add some data types on the stats page (specifically mech stats) on the profile page? I'd like to see kmdd and solo kill info per mech. Many other bits of info would be useful as well. Can it be used selectable?

#71 ENOVA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 18 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 18 Qualifier
  • 115 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 30 January 2021 - 07:01 AM

Should we LURM now? #whoosh

Edited by ENOVA, 30 January 2021 - 07:01 AM.

#72 Alreech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 07:04 AM

MWO Discord
It’s basically the same stuff we have now:
  • Go to an external Web Site / Forum / Chat to find players instead using the LFG function already in the game
  • Create a VOIP Channel on an external tool for your group
  • Manually invite players to that VOIP channel, ask for their MWO names
  • Manually invite those players to your MWO friendslist , after that invite them to your Group in MWO
That’s the benefit of using MW5 Discord instead of using MWOs build in Team Speak to create a VOIP Channel for a group in the game?

That's the benefit of using MW5 Discord instead of making the LFG more useful?

#73 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 07:08 AM

So, nothing realy changes.

MWO just retains the 12 vs 12 quickplay without factions and teamplay (why bothering about your team mates if the team is dissolved after the match?) with rising in Tiers as only goal for the players.

#74 FallGuy0815

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 07:15 AM

Why does the Mech in the Headline Picture looks like Shane riding into the sunset?

#75 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 07:17 AM

View PostVonBruinwald, on 29 January 2021 - 07:54 PM, said:

Wondering why I don't see any mention of removing insta-death from the IS-XL and there's no mention of revisting the MM.

IS-XL is easy to fix: don't use it, or use it only on certain mechs.

Also the IS-XL adds faction specific flavor to MWO, especially in Solo Quickplay with it's mixed Clan & IS teams. Posted Image

The MM was due for a revisit back in October, could you add this to the roadmap. Also, also, could we use a full week for sample data rather than a 24hr snapshot this time.

The MM works as intened.
Good players have to wait longer to get a match, so they don't have to play with medicore and bad players, and all are happy about the higher quality of matches. Posted Image

#76 Alreech

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,649 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 07:29 AM

Oh, and no changes on the game modes, neat.

Who doesn't like getting stomped because parts of the team "stay back to defend the base" in Assault or going capping in Conquest instead of moving with the rest of the team?

Also no changes in Faction Play rewards?

Obviously changing no-faction related rewards like "Cup of Pop", "Hamster Huey" & "Gazell Dropship" cockpit items to faction related cockpit items like flags, decals, warhorns is too much work.

#77 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 January 2021 - 07:57 AM

View PostCommander Solivagant, on 30 January 2021 - 12:56 AM, said:

I had an idea to make games more competitive dependent on the map chosen. The Variants

An example of the issue I am talking about would be:

I have chosen an LRM Warhawk, getting all keen to shoot people from afar. Map selection says Solaris City.

I am now completely ineffective based on luck.

If a variation mechanic/menu was introduced it would give pilots 3 variants to the currently selected mech (so no weight difference for matchmaking).

Being able to assign loadouts to the specific mechs variant menu in the mechlab.
After the map is selected, having something like a drop down menu in the drop preparation screen would be great.

This would ensure that maps would be played more effectively.

Just an idea.

I had this same idea a year ago, but slightly different: This should be something that only Omnimechs should be able to do, but then they should be able to select any loadout saved on that chassis. Originally, I wanted to be able to pick ANY variant of that base chassis, but picking a pre-saved loadout is probably much easier to implement within MWO.

The point of restricting this to Omnimechs is that this is literally what Omnimechs were famous for, and the one thing that made them special and unique. From here, though, we finally get a real justification for adding IS Omnimechs to the game, so that IS has the same level of flexibility. Without some omni-only feature like this, we'll never see IS Omnis in MWO.

#78 Warschnuffel

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 62 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationMünster

Posted 30 January 2021 - 08:02 AM

Good and achievable Roadmap. My main concern: MWOs Cryengine ist dated. Not talking about the looks of the game but performance-wise and in terms of flexibility. You won't find ppl who are skilled in working in this environment anymore and the performance of the game and especially the UI is horrible. Loading Times of Mechbay etc. – you name it.

So despite of new content and fixes – this game will always feel unpolished in this state. That alone will kill any considerable amount of new players.

I know a sequel or an engine-change will cost too much money. I am glad we stretch the lifetime of this product to a maximum, becouse i love it, but for a "restart" - in my opinion - way more is necessesary.

#79 East Indy

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,212 posts
  • LocationPacifica Training School, waiting for BakPhar shares to rise

Posted 30 January 2021 - 08:03 AM

Quirks are low-hanging fruit, guys. You just have to think about it in a practical, responsibly organized way.

Don't review all 357,000 'Mech variants in August and get bored and burned out. Do them all year long in small groups.* Ask your community insiders for tips and in many cases, reinstate most of what you nerfed in 2017.

* Follow up each quirk balance pass with sales. Sally Struthers voice: Do you want to make more money?

Edited by East Indy, 30 January 2021 - 08:05 AM.

#80 SoulRcannon

• PipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 January 2021 - 08:06 AM

If you're going to put weapon passes on the roadmap multiple times, then quirk passes, rescaling and agility need to be present on the list going forward as often if not more. Part of what got those things into the state they are now is the one-and-done sort of mentality. Past agility passes have skimmed past things that're important, like pitch, and rescale in combination with that will help address it. These things go hand in hand, I feel like they need to be on the list much more than once.

Other things are being presented like they need to be debated before a decision is made, when they kinda don't. Unnerf the arm armour on mechs like the Jenner/Jagermech? Yep. Make sure assaults don't spawn in Alpha lance? Of course. Ditch heat-spike on st destruction of cXL and IS LFE mechs? Excellent. Separate solo and group queue again? Good call, especially if there was some kind of optimisation regarding what we can queue for and how.

And then there are huge topics mentioned with a few words in passing. The solution for Faction Play is to recognise it's place within the game, decide to keep it and listen to the feedback others have provided in tuning it up a little. It's the only place outside of lobbies where more than 4-man groups can go if they choose to at the moment, it's also got a different approach to playing it that makes MWO better for having it than not. It's nice to have it available to utilize, for us and you.

Solutions for Solaris/Scouting? If the rewards for Solaris were put somewhere else like seasonal rewards like (I think) Matt has inferred previously, I don't see a problem with them being folded into an event queue. But that's just like, my opinion, man. Hmm. See, even expanded upon as little as I have here, these are big things to truncate down to just a few words.

All in all, it's still nice to see the first version posted. Hope it goes as well as it could do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users